TYN Lounge – The Yellow Nectarine
Suite 100, 815 8th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 3P2Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: CAN$30 and under
TYN Lounge – The Yellow Nectarine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tynlounge.com/
- Phone: 4039849184
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Tuesday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Wednesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday - 11:00am - 2:00am
Saturday - 6:00pm - 2:00am
Sunday - CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Fusion / Eclectic, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Brent Taddeo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Thursday Night: Sax and The City - Live Jazz with saxophonist Oliver Miguel.
Friday Night: Unify Fridays - Live DJ Entertainment with Lo.Definition & Dirty Tones playing the best Electronic Music here in Calgary
Saturday Night: Stereo Saturdays - DJ's Al-V and DMC Champion DJ C-Sik plays the hottest Hip Hop and R&B Every Saturday Nights!
- Cross Street: 8 Street
- Public Transit: The downtown portion of the CTrain which travels along 7 Avenue is known as the free fare zone. It is free to ride either CTrain route between 3 Street East and 11 Street West along 7 Avenue.
The closest station to TYN Lounge is:
8th Street S.W. Station East Bound
6th Street S.W. Stating West bound
- Parking: Street Parking
A word from TYN Lounge – The Yellow Nectarine
The Yellow Nectarine is Calgary’s upcoming Restaurant & Lounge. Providing Original & Delicious infused Nectarine dishes and offering an addictive drink menu such as our famous Nectarini. Everything from the ketchup to the bread at TYN Lounge is made in-house. TYN Lounge will take you on a journey of excitement & pleasure you've never experienced before.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TYN Lounge – The Yellow Nectarine reviews from OpenTable diners
- It took a long time to beOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012It took a long time to be seated even though the restaurant was empty. We were expecting good food because of it being a Diners Choice winner, but it was... and I am being generous by calling it average. I wouldn't eat there again.
- The Sax player...awesome!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2012The Sax player...awesome!!! The food was good but my chicken leg dish was a bit too salty as I am on a lower sodium diet. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I will tell friends about my positive experience. We learned of TYN because of "A Taste for Life" charity event.Special Features:
- Great EntertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2012I would go back for the live entertainment Wednesday nights.Special Features:
- The service was painfullyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/25/2012The service was painfully slow. An hour and a half for a business lunch is unacceptable. Nice foos presentation.
- Service was good- we wereBootcamperDined on 3/29/2012Service was good- we were the only people eating at the time. Food was tastey. Table was sticky- not wiped down adequately. really enjoyed that saxaphone player.Special Features:
- great food, small menuLarryVIPDined on 3/22/2012Went for lunch Has the nectarine salad with scallops. It was outstanding The menus is very small. Kind of like a lounge menu The waitress said that the menu will be expanding. The restaurant was dead. I only saw one other table. The music was fairly loud for a lunch time crowd It seems setup for more of a night time place
- This is my fourth visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2012This is my fourth visit and TYN has never disappointed. Great food and good service - what more could you ask for?Special Features:
- DELICIOUS!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2012I've been to TYN twice now and both times I have been completely satisfied. This time I got the Chicken Bacon Club and I know it was just a sandwich, but it was friggin delicious. I don't know if everyone knows, but TYN makes all their bread in house and they do an amazing job. My sandwich was flavourful and the wonderful chewy bun was a perfect pairing. I highly recommend this restaurant, I promise you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Awesome live Sax music onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2012Awesome live Sax music on Thursday. Just the music was worth the $. Food is top notch.Special Features:
- I made a reservation for lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/8/2012I made a reservation for lunch. The meal was great. I received an email when I got back to the office saying since I did not show up for my reservation I would not be getting the 100 points. Very strange!
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012This place was nothing special. We went as we got a 40 coupon for 20 so it was worth a shot. The decor is like an European nightclub with lots of white leather and lights. The service was pretty slow considering we were one of only 4 tables in the restaurant. I would go again if I got 50% off the bill but even then I may decline. Hope that helps
- Restaurant was half emptyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012Restaurant was half empty with plenty of tables, yet we were seated beside another couple with about two feet between us. Had to ask for a move to a table with more space. Starter was basically potato chips with a dip, and my wife said it was one of the worst dullest salads she had ever tasted. My burger was very average, again with potato chips on the side. Overall not a good experience and would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Very disappointed.
- The food is very tasty - oneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2012The food is very tasty - one of those places where every bite tastes good, makes you want to clean your plate.Special Features:
- Restaraunt was uncrowded yetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2012Restaraunt was uncrowded yet pushed hard to get our orders in. In the end we ordered the special just to make the waitress happy and get back to our business lunch.
- LOVE TYN LoungeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012TYN Lounge is one of our Fave dining spots! The menu is filled with Delicious, classic dishes served with a twist. We are addicted to TYN's Amazing Duck Confit Poutine, the Noble Farms Duck Breast, & the Steak Sandwich topped with a sunny Quail egg! The service is always friendly and the prices are fair while the portions are generous. Classy but laid back atmosphere. A great place to dine for any occasion. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- We came here for a romanticjkolenkoDined on 2/14/2012We came here for a romantic valentines dinner after sky360 cancelled our reservation at the last minute. Thankfully, there was still room available and I am glad we came. The food was super affordable and extremely well prepared. The service was great and we enjoyed the ambience and entertainment. We will definitely come back again. It is amazing to know that this place exists as there are not too many quality, affordable dining options in this part of town. I would consider coming back next time I am around the Steven Ave area, maybe if I am seeing a show at the Epcore Centre or something. Sure beats worrying about reservation hassles at the Calgary Tower.Special Features:
- Had a nice, romantic Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012Had a nice, romantic Valentine's Day dinner at The Yellow Nectarine. The service was good, the space is nice and the menu is well balanced. The only downside is that the food is slightly bland. Everything on the menu is descriptively delicious. What actually comes out, I find to be just a tad bit disappointing, comparatively. But the food is not "bad" by any means! It could just be a bit better. One thing that really did stand out was an order of creme brulee that came with some house baked amaretti cookies. The creme brulee was really good and the cookies were, honestly, probably the best amaretti cookies I have ever had.Special Features:
- Not a dining experience placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/4/2012We made a reservation last Friday night and when we showed up we were surprised to see the entire restaurant was empty after reading some of the reviews. Arriving in a completely empty restaurant you would think you could sit anywhere at your choice, not here. We we're only given the option of sitting on a night club couch or at the skinny bar. If your dressed to the nines and arranged a baby sitter for a special date this is not the place for you. They aren't in any competition with Mercato, Notable, or a place like Cilantro's (where we luckily got a table at the last minute at 7pm on Saturday). They seem to cater to stag parties, stagette parties....and it becomes a lesser known night club after 9. Sorry no food or service update...Special Features:
- Great lunch, will go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/27/2012My friend and I tried TYN Lounge for the 1st time and we'll be going back. The food was very good. I had the pulled pork sandwich. Good portion size w/ lots of pulled pork, very tasty. The chips served w/ the sandwich were very good too. My friend had the steak sandwich and liked it a lot(we were @ the Chophouse earlier that week and her steak sandwich was not good at all). We both had dessert and they were very good also. Overall, great lunch, will go back and will recommend to others.
- Go For the Daily Special!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2012If you're there when they have fish as a daily special, I highly recommend it!!!!Special Features:
- Only problem was a cold steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2012Only problem was a cold steak that was quickly warmed up.Special Features:
- Worth checking outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/21/2012Very interesting restaurant. Small menu, but everything sounded good. The look of the place was very interesting, incredibly minimalist with white walls, and recessed art. The food was all very good and not overpriced.Special Features:
- The food at TYN (tin) LoungeSoCalVIPDined on 1/21/2012The food at TYN (tin) Lounge was really tasty and there was a lot of variety in the menu. We had duck poutine which wasn't bad and I had the duck pizza. The pizza was good and just the right amount. My husband had a burger which he enjoyed but was only enough because he had a starter with it. I probably won't return as I didn't like the restaurant which felt like eating in an empty warehouse. It was so cold inside they had space heaters in every corner.Special Features:
- The flavours were amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2012Tried TYN for the first time last night. We started with the nectarine-infused ribs and the duck poutine...they were both fantastic! We had the chicken and duck entrees. The chicken was fall-off-the-bone tender and was seasoned perfectly. The duck breast was cooked perfectly and came with a terrific sauce. The brown butter and duck jus combined took the flavour of the breast to the next level. I will be going back to try more of their menu and would recommend TYN to everyone who enjoys great food.Special Features:
- The food was awesome. We enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2012The food was awesome. We enjoyed two mains with the their house made bread, which was delightful. The decor was very interesting.Special Features:
- Disastrous experience.RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2012Disastrous experience.Restaurant was so cold, pipes had burst. We ate entire meal in our coats. Needless to say, the food was cold too. Also, despite limited patrons, the service was dreadfully slow and advertised specials were not honoured.
- The duck and the salmon myfoodieVIPDined on 1/17/2012The duck and the salmon my colleague and I had were outstanding. The service was adequate. The interior was okay - seemed a bit run down and a bit cheaper for the look they were trying to go for. Overall I would go back based solely on the food.Special Features:
- We went on a Thursday to useKarenDined on 1/12/2012We went on a Thursday to use our DealTicker coupon ($20 for $40 worth of food), it was date night, which was pretty neat. You get 1 appetizer, 2 entrees and a dessert for $50. Unfortunately our coupon didn't apply to this which was okay with us. We ordered the cheese plate to start, and we both had the seared duck breast which was good. The gnocchi was small and not overwhelmingly dough-y, which we've had at some restaurants and don't like. Overall the food was great, our server was attentive. They hired someone to play live music which was neat. We'll definitely be back, we have 1 more coupon to use and when we run out we've already decided we'll come for 'Thursday Date Nights' when we can.
- Great for lunch!ThePyesDined on 1/11/2012Our table of seven people were completely satisfied. We had an hour for lunch, arrived a few minutes late, but were well fed and back to work on time. The service was perfect, the food was well prepared and the presentation excellent! Most of us work nearby but had not been at TYN for lunch. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great food. The only faultOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2011Great food. The only fault was too much oil on the potatoes otherwise excellent food.Special Features:
- We went for my wife's birthdayrockyVIPDined on 12/10/2011We went for my wife's birthday and it was a great place for a large group. The menu have a big variety ranging from burgers to Seared Duck Breast. as a group I think we found that the restaurant entrees were excellent (I have the duck and my wife had the salmon) and the sandwiches were very good. The place turns into a night club around 10:30 which seemed quite popular, just not our kind of scene so we moved on.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/8/2011Kudos to the chef!! Would highly recommend the TYN Lounge to people looking for a special place to have either a romantic or small group meal.Special Features:
- Great placejdivinaDined on 12/3/2011Loved the duck confit pizza and the duck breast entree. Service was excellent. The owners put a lot of thought and effort in making this place good from the food to the service. Great find.Special Features:
- DO NOT to park in parkadetroubleVIPDined on 11/16/2011DO NOT to park in parkade next door UNLESS you are going to be finished dinner and back in the parkade before 7pm. That was our plan but service was slow despite us being only 1 of 2 tables occupied. We hoped to be out by 6:45 to get to the opera. Didn't get out until 7:10 and spent 10 minutes trying to find a way in to the parkade. Lucked out with someone leaving and snuck in up the ramp but might have ended up leaving car all night.
- Great place to relax after workOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2011If you want something different but inviting try TYN. I think TYN has one of the best Steak Sandwhiches that I've ever had. I've been there a few times since it opened, and It keeps getting better (menu, decor, service...). It's good for lunch, but I highly recommend their dinners; they make everything (even the ketchup) in house, the food has a unique flair, and everything is always prepared with care. Overall, I highly recommend TYN.Special Features:
- Impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2011I was impressed. Food was really fresh and the decor was inviting. I never even know this place existed, but it's a great find.Special Features:
- Thought the decor was kindaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2011Thought the decor was kinda cheap, and thrown up in a hurry - austere. Food was OK, but nothing remarkable. Had the brisket sandwich - basically a corned beef sandwich you can get at a deli for half the price. Appealing menu raised my expectations, I guess.
- Cool atmosphere, great smallrkaarsemakerDined on 11/4/2011Cool atmosphere, great small menu, delicious food.Special Features:
- Service was very slow, despiteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/29/2011Service was very slow, despite the restaurant being almost empty. Pizza should have been hot, and the cookies served with dessert tasted like salt. Chips and Nectarine Salad were very good.Special Features:
- it's a little off the beatenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2011it's a little off the beaten path of the downtown scene, however worth walking the extra couple blocks. When we arrived for our 7pm reservation on a friday night, there were only 3 other tables occupied....however larger groups started to arrive and the place was almost full by 8:30. Our server was awesome, super friendly & helpful. All the food was so good - everything is home made there and you can definitely tell! There are a lot of duck items on the menu, but none of us tried them. The menu seems on the smaller side, however surprisingly it was still a hard decision for all 4 of us to order. As we were leaving around 9pm, a DJ was just starting to play house music.Special Features: