7525 Old Georgetown Rd
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tyberbierhausmd.com/
- Phone: 2408216830
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday -Thursday 11.30 a.m. -1 a.m. Friday-Saturday 11.30 a.m. - 2 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Tyber Bierhaus
Tyber Bierhaus, in the heart of Bethesda, will be a perfect gathering venue for groups, large and small, and for any type of event, when we open.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Tyber Bierhaus - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
Tyber Bierhaus reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)special occasion (2)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Mussels and pretzels & beer, oh my!DCGourmetVIPDined on 8/25/2014Fabulous mussels, great beer selection. The all-night Monday happy hour is really worthwhile! I love the St. Arnold mussels, and the Alsacienne are amazing too.
- False advertisingPercyDined on 8/18/2014On web and in-house, Tyber advertises Hofbrau and Staropramen beer. On two visits, no Hofbrau and Staro in bottles only. Take down the signs and banners if you don't sell the product. I dined early and was the sole customer. I guess that was the justification for serving "frites" that were clearly fished out of the fryer. They were disgusting.Special Features:
- Good beerchrislumdVIPDined on 8/1/2014Good beer, average food, OK service, pricy place! Good beer, average food, OK service, pricy place! Good beer, average food, OK service, pricy place!Special Features:
- Come for the Beer, Not The FoodLBandDAOVIPDined on 7/31/2014Service was great, beer choices good, food not so much. Go for beer and pretzels; have dinner elsewhere.Special Features:
- Great beer and mussels!DCGourmetVIPDined on 7/28/2014They have quite a lovely selection of draft beer, including Pilsner Urquell. We had the Alsatian mussels, which are done with cream, leeks, bacon -- and capers! A great combination. I'm definitely going back. Wonderful dinner all around.Special Features:
- will go back for happy hourMrandMrsHVIPDined on 7/6/2014Food was really good but not a huge selection of choices. The pastrami was amazing. Lots of beer choices..20 or so draft plus bottles. Only negative is the beer is over priced. Half liters are $10 mostly where as other German restaurants are $10-12 for a whole liter. Happy hour is the way to go. $20 for a liter plus a sausage platter.Special Features:
- marieVIPDined on 7/1/2014Excellent mussels and a great selection of beers! Fun atmosphere, tho the noise level is pretty intense, and we were sitting in the back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun local bier-hausDisplacedTarheelDined on 6/28/2014Good variety of German & Belgian draft beers (albeit a bit expensive). Server seemed knowledgeable about the beer offerings. Compensating for forgetting to keep our water glasses filled by bringing two extras wasn't seen as a humorous solution. Much-improved menu offerings (greater variety) , but companions were glad for the St. Arnold's mussels recipes. Compliments to the wurst sampler platter and the meatloaf sandwich as well. Designed with viewing television sports events, so expect plenty of noise when there's a popular sporting event.Special Features:
- Not for sports viewingRWoodBVIPDined on 6/23/2014Tyber user very fresh ingredients, but does little to enhance the flavors. It is not a good place for viewing sports if one wants a comfortable seat with a back instead of a high stool. The TV screens are not large enough for the space; the sound, while loud, is of poor quality; and the most comfortable seats in the back are far from the screens and have poor sight lines.
- Like a German Beer HallOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/9/2014The food was good, there was a large selection of beers. They had huge soft pretzels, and other classic German fare. Most of the tables were long benches, which I think was trying to emulate a German Beer Hall. They looked a bit artificial, and the table itself was very narrow. But it was fun place and I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer & Mussels!DCGourmetVIPDined on 6/9/2014Monday night is half-price half liters of beer and special deals on mussels. We had the mussels with beer/duck fat sauce, which were really great. Plus three great beers (Wittekerke, Paulaner Hefeweizen, and Pilsner Urquell) to wash them down with. Just across Old Georgetown Road from the Bethesda metro. A real winner!Special Features:
- Good German menu and beer selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2014My wife and I were attracted to the "biergarten" advertisement but found this to be more of a lunch or perhaps Thurs/Friday night after work place than suitable for a Saturday dinner out. The German food & beer were pretty good but it was almost empty on an early Saturday evening.Special Features:
- Glad to find this place!kosmocatDined on 5/10/2014This bierhaus opened in what used to be the location of a night club or sports bar to which I never went. But, I'll definitely be going back to this place. Authentic German bierhaus atmosphere and great beer! The food was very good too with both traditional German and more modern American offerings on the menu.Special Features:
- The following 1 reviews are from the Tyber Bierhaus reviews archive.
- LoudgrtrxVIPDined on 4/26/2014I know this is supposed to be a beer hall, but low ceilings plus concrete floor plus wood tables = really loud. Difficult to understand or hear the server or to have a conversation. Upon leaving found there is a quiter section at back... would have been nice to have been there. Beer menu would be well served to have some descriptions of the beer to help in selection. Food was good, mussels in particular were good. Would be worth a revisit if were a little less noisy.