252 Somerville Rd
Bedminster, NJ 07921Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.twofiftytworestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9082349093
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Melissa Hill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Catering: Full service catering company creating customized menus for our clients. Please contact us at 908-234-9093 or email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: twofiftytwo is the perfect setting for celebrating a special occasion or hosting a corporate event. From ten to thirty six guests for a sit down dinner and up to forty five for a cocktail reception, 252 offers extraordinary food, an intimate setting, and gracious hospitality. In addition to creating a customized menu with our talented chefs, 252 works with local wine and liquor retailers to help you organize your event. 252 provides the perfect setting for a range of private events. For information on arranging a private event, please email Melissa Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 908-234-9093.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Hill 9082349093
A word from TwoFiftyTwo Restaurant
Twofiftytwo celebrates the farms and artisans of New Jersey and the northeast. The majority of our ingredients are sourced locally from reputable, passionate growers who embrace the ideas of organic, ethical, and sustainable farming practices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TwoFiftyTwo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (8)special occasion (7)romantic (6)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- A very good lunchDaveDined on 8/18/2014nice contemporary décor and refreshing menu, right there in rural NJ!Special Features:
- Good was delicious! Prices not low.Loriho13Dined on 8/15/2014I would go here more often if not so expensive but food, service, ambience all wonderful for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat early for good serviceLiz1Dined on 7/26/2014We ate at 6 pm on a Sat. night, encountering few others. If the restaurant were full, we suspect that the noise level would have been high (low ceilings, tight quarters, tables close together) and the service slow, as there was only one waitress who also served as maitre d/hostess and hostess of all trades. Finally, prices seemed to be too high, although we recognize that as a BYOB, they need to make their money someplace. Excellent food.Special Features:
- comfortable with great foodsalexDined on 7/25/2014TwoFiftyTwo is one of my favorite restaurants in the area for dinner with friends. Each meal I've had there has been quite good. The scallops are always tasty. The lamb is quite good. The donuts for dessert are a favorite. The strawberry rhubarb pie surprised me by having a mellower taste than I expected in an enjoyable way. On weekends, the dining room can get loud, but not to the point where it's hard to have a conversation. During the week, even quiet conversations are possible.Special Features:
- Hairslisa4uDined on 7/19/2014Nice presentation, Adventurous with out being scary, but to noisiy to appreciate this gemSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Double Date NightmelsferberDined on 6/28/2014We had an 8pm reservation, when the restaurant had called to confirm they let us know that we could come in earlier if we would prefer. Although we couldnt make it earlier, I appreciated the offer. The menu is simple yet there were enough items for some of our pickier eaters (husbands). We started with some appetizers, shared a few sides and each got a different meal. Everyone was extremely pleased with all courses. We were looking for a BYOB that we had never been to before and I think we all were happy with our pick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant. Great service!OandBDined on 6/21/2014We love this place. It reminds us of a great restaurant where we vacation. Feels intimate, but not small. We love that it is BYOB and the food is outstanding. Consistently great each time. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicewineanddineVIPDined on 6/3/2014Food was pretty good; 3 1/2 to 4 stars. Tasty food of very good ingredients, but a little on the expensive side given the amount of lobster salad on a small croissant and a side of the daily salad: 14 spinach leaves with some vinaigrette ($15).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findKAL3Dined on 5/24/2014Small restaurant converted from a cute house. No wait, strong service. BYO worked well for us. Food was very good. The bacon date jam with blue cheese and walnut crostini and the warm goat cheese and bacon crostini were delicious. The hangar steak was an absolute standout. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great light lunchLovedluch1Dined on 5/23/2014I had lunch with a friend and it was nice. First time dining and we were wanting salad and soup which were great. Salad portion for full was a bit small and pricey but good. Our waitress was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- pickyeaterVIPDined on 5/10/20142nd time here and had same odd experience. There's no host/owner to greet you when you enter so both times we stood in the vestibule quite a while until a server noticed us and sat us. Food was ok, but the noise level was really loud and the service just seemed frenetic. For example, one server took our order and collected our menus and then 10 minutes later another server came over to ask if we needed menus or were ready to order.
- Feel free to skip this oneFairAndBalancedVIPDined on 5/10/2014We planned to go to a place we really enjoyed before, but forgot the name. We thought this was it, but were mistaken. (Instead of TwoFiftyTwo, we were looking for One 53 in Rocky Hill! By the way, One 53 was fantastic -- great food and atmosphere -- we recommend it.) Alas, we found ourselves at this place, which was dull and boring. Food was mediocre. Service was HORRIBLE. No hostess (one waitress appeared to be running the entire show). Unbussed tables sat nearby during the entire first part of our meal. We had to ask for silverware at least 3 times during the evening. Dishes were dropped more than once in the kitchen area. Bathroom door had no lock on it. No capuccino for after dinner. Wanted to charge $0.50 each for extra bread!
- The following 90 reviews are from the TwoFiftyTwo Restaurant reviews archive.
- Enjoyable eveningJano48VIPDined on 4/26/2014We arrived for a 8:30 table for 4 on a Saturday night, and were informed that our table had not yet been vacated by earlier diners. So we had a bottle of our BYO wine opened which we enjoyed in the entry area. After 30 minutes the waitress apologized once more that the diners would not vacate, but we would receive crostini and dessert on the house. We felt the waitresses handled the situation well. Immediately upon being seated we were served a platter of delicious crostini, and piping hot biscuits. Some new menu items were introduced that night. The scallop dish with corn purée was amazing! Cod was good but needed a sauce and some more flavoring. Risotto was very good. Donuts were hot and delicious. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2014After reading publicized reviews including the Chef's vision, we were very disappointed with our dining experience. It took 30 minutes for the 1 and only waitress (20 diners and 8 tables) to take our order. Food portions relative to price points were way off. My husband had the scallops served on a small plate for $28 and I had the hanger steak which had good flavor but was small portion and very dry. "Sides" were additional, about $8 each. Portions were more like a tasting menu. We decided to try the 252 dessert - and once again found description better than execution. Understanding all ingredients are organic 252 needs a reality check on price vs. value and the importance of service (as compared to other restaurants in the area).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014Great lunch options- 1/2 salad or sandwich with yummy home made soups! a petite but satisfying meal.Special Features:
- Great local BYOLovetoTravelVIPDined on 4/5/2014This is a tiny, cute BYO restaurant. We had 8:30 dinner reservations. Our table was ready when we arrived. The food was wonderful and the service even better. Two people in our party had the hanger steak. It had a very tasty marinade and was extremely tender. Two others in our party had the Bass, it also was cooked perfectly. They recently hired a new pastry chef. We had three different desserts and each one was better then the next. Since our reservations were so late, we were one of the last ones and never felt rushed. I highly recommend this restaurant and we will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good food. ServiceRussDined on 4/5/2014Overall good food. Service was very friendly, but spotty at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYOBJaneDined on 4/5/2014This restaurant is small but a nice modern dining room. Wit staff is very good. Was willing to split all salads and even entrees for the all of us (3 couples). Hanger steak and chicken were delicious. Good desserts. Definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- Great surpriseKathyVIPDined on 3/29/2014I had been to Two fifty Two for lunch and enjoyed it, but found the dinner to be even better. Our wait person was friendly and knew the menu like she put it together. Very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/27/2014My wife and I have been to Two Fifty Two numerous times. The food and service are always top notch. This is a tiny BYOB dining spot with about 15 tables in a converted house. The service people are always very hospitable and are ready with their suggestions/favorites. Great spot for an anniversary or birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a lot of ingredients but no flavorjeffgtiVIPDined on 3/22/2014the wait staff was pleasant but maybe due to only two we had to keep asking to have our water glasses refilled. i cannot even remember what i had to start, i guess it was that un-memorable. the pork chop had all kinds of stuff piled on top but no flavor, certainly needed at least some salt.
- Creative menuBufrportDined on 3/22/2014This was my third time to 252 as the food is fresh and the flavors match so well to the dish no over spicing. Our waitress was also the pastry chef which was fun and yes my husband and I both had a dessert who knew bread pudding after a big meal did not seem heavy at all! We will be back as they change the menu seasonally.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2014First time here and it was a great experience. The food was excellent. I had the crostini flight to begin and it was delicious. Had the hanger steak as my entree and it was cooked perfectly. I don't have one bad comment about this place. Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedGeezerDined on 3/15/2014We passed this place often on way to other restaurants - finally gave it a try and were very pleasantly surprised! Mussels were the best I have ever had. Everything is very good, but don't pass up desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Valentines MealKellyVIPDined on 2/15/2014We enjoyed the most wonderful dinner over the Valentines weekend. We were a bit hesitant following poor experiences at other local restaurants that had prix fixe menus, so we were quite nervous about how the night would turn out. We were pleasantly surprised- this is one of the best meals that we have had in years! From start to finish, each course was beautifully presented and incredibly delicious! I wish the lobster risotto could become a regular menu item! The servers were very attentive and genuine. We can't wait to come back for another wonderful meal!Special Features:
- 252 equals a 10!LovetodineoutVIPDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I tried 252 for a Saturday night Valentine's Day dinner. I read the reviews ahead of time and was sure to wear layers (I read the restaurant is cold) and I expected the restaurant to be a little loud. We got a table for two in a little alcove and the temp was fine, not hot, not cold. This location was ideal! We loved it. We had the crostini's and they were great! The beat salad was ok but I will pass on that next time and get the clams for an appetizer. The sea bass and scallops were delicious. We can't wait to go back again! I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAnonymousVIPDined on 2/14/2014We had the Valentine's Day prix fixe dinners. The dishes were creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden GemVickyDined on 2/14/2014252 is a lovely restaurant in a small house in Bedminster. Park in the back, enter through the back door, step through a curtain and take your seat at one of the 10 tables. Your food adventure starts. Try the crostinis, the lamb dishes and the gelato. Reservations needed BYOSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This relatively small restaurantScotpatDined on 2/1/2014This relatively small restaurant has a nice atmosphere and, although the sound level was quite high you could still hear each other without having to raise your voice. The menu has an interesting variety of entrees but unfortunately my choice of the black bass was not available by the time I ordered. I had the cornish game hen which was good and had very tasty side along wth it. My wife's steak was, apparently, excellent. The doughnuts with apple cider dip for dessert were really good! The restaurant is not licensed so bringing your own wine makes for a good meal at a very reasonable price. I would recommend it for couples and small groups up to about 6, possibly 8 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, we really enjoyedjbraiz13Dined on 2/1/2014Overall, we really enjoyed our time at 252. We were not rushed through our meal at all, which was very fresh and full of flavor.Very nice ingedients and good portion sizes. We would definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for an intimate birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2014went to 252 for my birthday with my boyfriend, we were both very please with the meal; particularly the crostinis and the pork dish. my dish, the bolognese was slightly bland however the pasta tasted homemade. the donuts were excellent and overall we had a very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2014Excellent food and service. Definitely worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below average experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2014Went there with my wife on a Sat night. The ambiance is very nice and cozy. Small place overall, noise level is a bit high. The food was well cooked and tasty, nice but nothing extraordinary. However, there were a couple of annoying things: Although asked by the server, a couple of tables were "not" available; remained vacant all night. No bread was available, response was "we don't have any, only the small bread bisquits; let me see any are left". $2 for 2 bisquits!! We order the 252 candy bar dessert ($12); asked to swap the pumpkin flavor instead of the vanilla. Charge was extra $1 for the change. To top if off, at the end the server brings the cork from another bottle. Overall, left cold from a $90-100 evening dinner in Bedminster.Special Features:
- New Years Eve Dinnerjrosen18VIPDined on 12/31/2013My first time dining at twofiftytwo on NYE did not disappoint! The food was delicious, and the service was outstanding. The intimate atmosphere felt like you were eating at a friends house. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Nice SurprisePerfectDined on 12/12/2013Great lunch spot, reasonably priced and nice relaxed environment. Beautiful dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningMimi18Dined on 12/6/2013The only negative is that it was a little cold when the outdoor door opened. Otherwise the food and service we're great. Love the BYOB part!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice surpriseExcellentVIPDined on 11/30/2013We ate there Saturday night of Thanksgiving weekend, and possibly because the small restaurant was not busy, we felt anything but rushed, though based on other reviews, we were expecting to be "pushed." On the contrary, the pace of the dinner was very nice, with adequate time between courses. The food, all around, was excellent, and the one person kitchen even divided some shared items before they were served, which is always a very pleasant surprise. I would specifically recommend the rack of lamb, something I order very frequently. It was outstanding. We look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Fabulous meal, (too) quick serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2013Food was great! Quick meal though. No time to relax between courses. 70 minutes from sit down to finishing dessert.
- Great lunch and BYOB whichLouisCroutonVIPDined on 11/7/2013Great lunch and BYOB which is great. Been here twice for lunch and had the 1/2 sandwich and soup. Both times were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level - ridiculouslyFoodDined on 10/23/2013Noise level - ridiculously loud. The restaurant was cold. No one greeted us at the door. You had to walk into the restaurant to get someone's attention. Service was lacking. And the food, for the price, completely disappointing.