225 NE Adams St
Peoria, IL 61602Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.two25peoria.com/
- Phone: (309) 282-7777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Dunkle
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have two private dining rooms. First, our Private Dining Room seats 50 comfortably with total privacy. Secondly, our Sunroom seats 35 comfortably in a semi-private fashion. This room has private access to our outdoor patio. Please contact us with larger groups, as we can combine sections of the restaurant to accommodate a variety of needs.
- Private Party Contact: Donna Mathews 3092827777
A word from Two25
Two25 is a polished casual restaurant located in the Mark Twain hotel, downtown Peoria. Signature entrees such as the broiled Peppercorn New York Strip, Dijon Crusted Salmon, Shrimp & Crab Carbonara and the classic Gratin Dauphinois-- a 30 layer potato gratin-- are not to be missed. Delectable dessert choices such as Chocolate Mousse topped with a Raspberry Chambord Sauce and Crème Brulee are also local favorites. Diners can complement their meals with our wine program-- a large selection is available by the glass, flight, half bottle or bottle. Our reserve list by the bottle is sure to help you celebrate that special event. Deemed "Polished Casual", we serve the finest food, using only the highest quality ingredients, paired with a warm and unforgettable dining experience. Every customer is treated as if they are a part of our family. Join us for lunch, or host your next event in our private meeting room. We hope to serve you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Two25 reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)romantic (20)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (13)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014We had a 6:45 reservation. Greeted by the friendly hostess and taken to our booth within minutes. Our server arrived promptly. Drinks and bruschetta to start. The tomatoes were very fresh and the herbs perfectly balanced, a good beginning. Two house salads, I enjoyed the homemade vinaigrette and blue cheese crumbles, while my wife had the French dressing. Both were very good. For the main course, I ordered the Filet Maderia with garlic mashed, and green beans. My wife ordered the Seafood Carbonnara. Both were exceptional. The pan-seared filet was perfectly tender and delicious. The mashed garlic had enough but not too much garlic and the beans were tender and fresh. We finished our meal with creme brulee and decaf coffee. We'll be back to try Two25 again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in the area!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014We were in Peoria for a concert and were looking for a place near the Civic Center that offered a varied menu. Two25 came up in a Google search and had lots of positive reviews so we booked reservations through OpenTable. The restaurant is near the Mark Twain hotel and was an easy walk from central downtown Peoria. The ambiance was somewhat NYC Soho meets old factory: lots of exposed brick and steel beams, cool glass garage doors that formed the windows, distressed wood plank flooring, etc. The restaurant was busy with a good mix of younger (20'ish) to older (60+) clientele enjoying what looked to be an awesome assortment of foods. We were immediately seated upon arrival and our server was at the table within moments taking our drink orders and offering an overview of that evenings featured items as he handed out menus. Drinks arrived promptly and our orders were placed while fresh-baked, hot from the oven hard rolls were offered as a pre-dinner treat. We didn't order appetizers this time but likely will on our next visit - there were lots of great sounding items on the menu. We all had steak (2 of us had ribeye and the other 2 had strips), along with seasoned green beans and an INCREDIBLE "30 layer cheesy potato casserole" that was light, airy and incredibly delicious. The ribeyes my partner and I had were well proportioned and perfectly grilled to a just-this-side of medium finish. I HIGHLY recommend Two25 to anyone who wants a quiet dining experience with stellar service and incredible food. And best of all - the total tab for our two steak dinners with all the trimmings was less than $75, or about what we would have paid at a regular chain steakhouse. TWO THUMBS UP!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014First time there this past weekend and what a great dinning experience the food was amazing we had a table for 4 and each of us had something different and no one had any bad reviews just great great food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysultraclassiclimitedDined on 11/8/2014We have been to 225 on several occasions and are always pleased. Dinner was really good and the service was exceptional. We recommend this spot to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencevpf63Dined on 10/29/2014Service is great,food is excellent,and atmosphere is electric. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Everything was prepared to perfection. Cocktails were handmade and excellent. The Seafood Carbonarra is the best I've ever had. the portions are large and service was well paced. The only ding I can give them is that the featured wine was not available. This was disappointing as they had flyers in the menu's and wine list promoting it . They didn't have an alternate offering to suggest to us. It was a little hiccup in an otherwise perfect evening. This is a destination spot for us whenever we're in Peoria.Special Features:
- in townkenabeckDined on 10/7/2014In town for concert. Saw this place on google maps. Foodwas good but a littlepricy. One waiter only for whole room which slowed things down a little. Would go back but not often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOldyButGoodyDined on 10/4/2014Two25 is a little pricey for us, but the food was good and we enjoyed the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprisingly unpleasantToritasoDined on 9/27/2014We went for our anniversary, so we were expecting a good night, but sadley it wasn't. The waiter hardly made any eye contact or gave us any information, just asked as what to drink and eat as if we were at a fastfood place. My wife order another glass of wine and it took 45 min. Food took a longtime to come out. They ruined my wife's fillet mignion. And finally charged us an extra glass of wine. The place was packed but we still expected quality service not fast food service. Very disappointed.
- Bad waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The food was great and the bar staff was great, however the waiter was aweful. He didn't ask if we wanted an appetizer and took it away before we were done. After dinner my husband ordered a cigar which the waiter came back to the table twice to ask which one he wanted then just left it on the table. He didn't offer a cutter, matches, or a area to smoke it. We waited a very long time for our bill and for him to take our bill. The busser working with the waiter was great and received a separate tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone was pleased.JB64Dined on 9/20/2014Very good dinners for a group of 9. Most had steak with excellent reviews. Will definitely return on our next trip back yo Peoria.Special Features:
- Keep 225 at the top of your list!PSOpatronDined on 9/20/2014Keep 225 at the tip of your list for a fabulous meal before civic center events. Big city service, big city menu, and free private shuttle bus both to and from the civic center. Nice wine tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterFoodies4Dined on 9/19/2014Four women had dinner. Shells and salmon were not good, seafood dish with shrimp, scallops and mussels was good. Steak was ordered medium rare, but red red in middle. Enjoyed wine flights. Calamari starter was very good. Restaurant was a bit too dark for our taste.
- Great food and serviceGrantorDined on 9/18/2014We had a nice and knowledgeable waiter. Food was absolutely amazing. Not bad on the prices either. Definitely try the wine flights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous DinnerEBethDined on 9/15/2014We are three couples who try restaurants in a 100 mile radius from Springfield. We do this on a monthly to bimonthly basis. We dined at Two25 on September 15th, 2014. We had a delightful waiter by the name of Gary who was most helpful in helping us select the entrees and the wine. The bone-in rib eye was fantastic, the salmon and chicken were great. The three men had the beef Stroganoff which could have been a little more rich but was found to be good. We had a fabulous time and would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made things rightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014There was a problem during our visit with a water leak above the booth we were at. The manager acted immediately and moved us to a different booth and gave us free dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner reviewDinnerfor6Dined on 9/10/2014Good food, server but ridiculously priced and for price the man with the mark twain Tshirt on shouldn't have gotten so annoyed with me for asking him to take a group photo of my table. He was buzzing through bar and literally the only employee around after we ate and paid. My dessert to go "chocolate mousse" was put in a plastic container and was literally 4 spoonfuls of mousse. I would rather go to hearth or seven, pay less, better service. The atmosphere was too 1989 too. Your employees don't seem well trained in customer service for priced paid AT all. The server, however, was great, remainder of rest. staff non existent or rude.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014One of the best restaurants in IL! The calamari and french onion soup were superb and the steaks were amazingly tender. Combine that with great service and you have a perfect evening.Special Features:
- ReggieReggieDined on 9/5/2014Food and service were great. One of our favorites in PeoriaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TripmemphislawgirlDined on 8/30/2014This was our first trip to Two25. We found them on Open Table and they had great reviews, so we tried it out. Food was fantastic. My steak was perfect and the 30 layer potatoes are awesome! My husband had a pizza and it was also very good. Good wine selection. Service is slow so be prepared for that. Prices are a little high for the area, but the food was really worth it, and you can get some of the lower priced items on the menu and still be pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!!GinaDDined on 8/4/2014This was the second time in less than two weeks. After an awesome birthday/dinner party, I hosted a business dinner for 9 in the private dining room. Service and food were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A half good mealeatingout5Dined on 8/2/2014Went to this restaurant for an anniversary dinner and it turned out to be a mixed bag. The appetizer was only ok. The salads came out next and were probably the worst part of the meal. Typical of what you would see at a chain restaurant. I "upgraded" to a caesar salad and all it just a salad with what looked to be boxed croutons and powdered parmesan cheese. A definite letdown. We then got two entree's, both seafood dishes, and they turned out to be very very good.
- The following 373 reviews are from the Two25 reviews archive.
- farmerDined on 7/25/2014I took my wife out for her Birthday and she wanted to try something new. We had friends along and the experience was great. Good food, good service. Would recommend to a friend or family member.Special Features:
- A wonderful eveningteajayDined on 7/19/2014The menu was the summer special and we had a steak n potato martini for appetizer Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll go back - loved it!VisitThisPlaceDined on 7/12/2014We had attended a rehearsal dinner at this restaurant and the food was fantastic so we decided to return to have a nice meal before attending a concert at the Civic Center. The three of us enjoyed calamari (the best I've ever tasted) and 30-layer augratin potatoes. The main dishes of burger, pizza and beef stroganoff were perfect. It's rare that we can find a meal that so thoroughly satisfies all of us. The price was on the higher side but the food was worth it. Our server was also very helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Two25HerbDined on 7/12/2014We were greeted by friendly people and seated quickly, our server was attentive, making certain we were enjoying our food. The food was repared just as we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome eveningnightoutDined on 7/11/2014A perfect place to go for a special occasion...quiet, great service and food and a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014It is always a challenge to find good restaurant service the day after a holiday. We were very pleased with the service and the quality of the meals. The modestly priced wine we selected was very good. I have eaten lunch at Two25 many times, and the service has been excellent and the food quality has been consistently very good. The lunch menu is limited, but sufficient to find something for everyone.Special Features:
- Quaint, soft setting, quality foodWesandJessDined on 6/28/2014The mood and decor of Two25 provided for a nice setting to enjoy delicious American-themed cuisene. The staff was very responsive and nice. And, the steak and salmon were prepared to our liking.Special Features:
- Bday FunBday2FunDined on 6/24/2014Sam our waiter was excellent and helped make it special too by taking care to being the Bday cake out at the right time, light the candles and cut the cake for us! Sam even cleaned up the cake ornaments so the Bday boy could take them home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual....greatdatenight1Dined on 6/6/2014The service and food was excellent. We both tried something different than our usual entrees and they both were wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placecodybearDined on 5/24/2014Took my wife there for our ten year anniversary and had a fantastic experience the food and service were excellent I would definitely recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a changeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2014Decent food, but slow service and a bit pricey. Seemed like we had to wait at each point in the meal.... Order, wait for salad, wait for dinner, wait for bill, wait to pay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service, DecorOutofTownersDined on 5/16/2014Went for a special occasion and the entire party loved it. Food was very good and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two25=Fabulosity!luvfabulousfoodDined on 5/16/2014Two25 was a fabulous experience for us! We went here for dinner with another couple to celebrate our anniversaries. Wow. We were all super impressed--with everything. We make a habit of trying different nice restaurants every year, but we may just have to come back to Two25 next year! And we expect to frequent this restaurant for other special occasions. We love super good food and nice portions for the $$, and Two25 provided that, and beyond, from service and appetizers & drinks--to desserts! Go here!!Special Features:
- Excellent steaks and wineMikeDined on 5/2/2014In my opinion, 225 has some of the best steak in town. Their 30 layer au gratin potatoes are fabulous! They have an excellent assorted wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! Again!GinaDDined on 5/2/2014Great neighborhood dining spot, wonderful menu and service is top shelf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Better Food!DevinBPDined on 5/1/2014We frequent Two25 for anniversaries, birthdays, and any time we're feeling like treating ourselves. Thursday was no exception. We had Gary as a server and we were delighted at every turn. We started with calamari and it came out lightning fast, regardless of the multiple other tables surrounding us. We then went to salads and followed with steaks medium rare. They were seasoned and prepared wonderfully. Two25 has one of TWO dual sided broilers in Peoria. I only eat steaks at either Jim's Bistro or Two25 because of this! Highly recommend, and try the calamari!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th birthday partyLucky4212Dined on 4/26/2014I chose your resuraunt to have a 50th birthday dinner for my wife. The waiter (Sam- I think) was less than friendly. I told the waiter about the event and put it in the reservation but there was no mention of it or a free drink or dessert. Not a big deal but it would have been nice for at least for someone there to acknowledge it or even know it was taking place. The food was good but not at the price that was on the menu.
- Excellent spot for a "date night"ForgivenDined on 4/12/2014My wife and I had a great time together at this excellent restaurant. We were seated right away and our server had our drink orders in hand almost immediately. Though the conversation around us was lively, our personal conversation was easy to hear and be part of. The pacing of the meal was outstanding: not too rushed and not too slow. And the food... simply delicious. My wife had the outstanding beef stroganoff and I had the filet. Everything came out hot and cooked to perfection. Do not miss the 30-layer Au Gratin potato.. Yum! All in all it was a fabulous choice for our date night. I really can't recommend the place highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.