225 NE Adams St
Peoria, IL 61602Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.two25peoria.com/
- Phone: 3092827777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Dunkle
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have two private dining rooms. First, our Private Dining Room seats 50 comfortably with total privacy. Secondly, our Sunroom seats 35 comfortably in a semi-private fashion. This room has private access to our outdoor patio. Please contact us with larger groups, as we can combine sections of the restaurant to accommodate a variety of needs.
- Private Party Contact: Donna Mathews 3092827777
A word from Two25
Two25 is a polished casual restaurant located in the Mark Twain hotel, downtown Peoria. Signature entrees such as the broiled Peppercorn New York Strip, Dijon Crusted Salmon, Shrimp & Crab Carbonara and the classic Gratin Dauphinois-- a 30 layer potato gratin-- are not to be missed. Delectable dessert choices such as Chocolate Mousse topped with a Raspberry Chambord Sauce and Crème Brulee are also local favorites. Diners can complement their meals with our wine program-- a large selection is available by the glass, flight, half bottle or bottle. Our reserve list by the bottle is sure to help you celebrate that special event. Deemed "Polished Casual", we serve the finest food, using only the highest quality ingredients, paired with a warm and unforgettable dining experience. Every customer is treated as if they are a part of our family. Join us for lunch, or host your next event in our private meeting room. We hope to serve you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Two25 reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)romantic (19)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (11)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Made things rightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014There was a problem during our visit with a water leak above the booth we were at. The manager acted immediately and moved us to a different booth and gave us free dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner reviewDinnerfor6Dined on 9/10/2014Good food, server but ridiculously priced and for price the man with the mark twain Tshirt on shouldn't have gotten so annoyed with me for asking him to take a group photo of my table. He was buzzing through bar and literally the only employee around after we ate and paid. My dessert to go "chocolate mousse" was put in a plastic container and was literally 4 spoonfuls of mousse. I would rather go to hearth or seven, pay less, better service. The atmosphere was too 1989 too. Your employees don't seem well trained in customer service for priced paid AT all. The server, however, was great, remainder of rest. staff non existent or rude.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014One of the best restaurants in IL! The calamari and french onion soup were superb and the steaks were amazingly tender. Combine that with great service and you have a perfect evening.Special Features:
- ReggieReggieDined on 9/5/2014Food and service were great. One of our favorites in PeoriaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TripmemphislawgirlDined on 8/30/2014This was our first trip to Two25. We found them on Open Table and they had great reviews, so we tried it out. Food was fantastic. My steak was perfect and the 30 layer potatoes are awesome! My husband had a pizza and it was also very good. Good wine selection. Service is slow so be prepared for that. Prices are a little high for the area, but the food was really worth it, and you can get some of the lower priced items on the menu and still be pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!!GinaDDined on 8/4/2014This was the second time in less than two weeks. After an awesome birthday/dinner party, I hosted a business dinner for 9 in the private dining room. Service and food were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A half good mealeatingout5Dined on 8/2/2014Went to this restaurant for an anniversary dinner and it turned out to be a mixed bag. The appetizer was only ok. The salads came out next and were probably the worst part of the meal. Typical of what you would see at a chain restaurant. I "upgraded" to a caesar salad and all it just a salad with what looked to be boxed croutons and powdered parmesan cheese. A definite letdown. We then got two entree's, both seafood dishes, and they turned out to be very very good.
- farmerDined on 7/25/2014I took my wife out for her Birthday and she wanted to try something new. We had friends along and the experience was great. Good food, good service. Would recommend to a friend or family member.Special Features:
- A wonderful eveningteajayDined on 7/19/2014The menu was the summer special and we had a steak n potato martini for appetizer Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll go back - loved it!VisitThisPlaceDined on 7/12/2014We had attended a rehearsal dinner at this restaurant and the food was fantastic so we decided to return to have a nice meal before attending a concert at the Civic Center. The three of us enjoyed calamari (the best I've ever tasted) and 30-layer augratin potatoes. The main dishes of burger, pizza and beef stroganoff were perfect. It's rare that we can find a meal that so thoroughly satisfies all of us. The price was on the higher side but the food was worth it. Our server was also very helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Two25HerbDined on 7/12/2014We were greeted by friendly people and seated quickly, our server was attentive, making certain we were enjoying our food. The food was repared just as we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome eveningnightoutDined on 7/11/2014A perfect place to go for a special occasion...quiet, great service and food and a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014It is always a challenge to find good restaurant service the day after a holiday. We were very pleased with the service and the quality of the meals. The modestly priced wine we selected was very good. I have eaten lunch at Two25 many times, and the service has been excellent and the food quality has been consistently very good. The lunch menu is limited, but sufficient to find something for everyone.Special Features:
- Quaint, soft setting, quality foodWesandJessDined on 6/28/2014The mood and decor of Two25 provided for a nice setting to enjoy delicious American-themed cuisene. The staff was very responsive and nice. And, the steak and salmon were prepared to our liking.Special Features:
- Bday FunBday2FunDined on 6/24/2014Sam our waiter was excellent and helped make it special too by taking care to being the Bday cake out at the right time, light the candles and cut the cake for us! Sam even cleaned up the cake ornaments so the Bday boy could take them home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual....greatdatenight1Dined on 6/6/2014The service and food was excellent. We both tried something different than our usual entrees and they both were wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placecodybearDined on 5/24/2014Took my wife there for our ten year anniversary and had a fantastic experience the food and service were excellent I would definitely recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a changeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2014Decent food, but slow service and a bit pricey. Seemed like we had to wait at each point in the meal.... Order, wait for salad, wait for dinner, wait for bill, wait to pay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 362 reviews are from the Two25 reviews archive.
- Great Food, Service, DecorOutofTownersDined on 5/16/2014Went for a special occasion and the entire party loved it. Food was very good and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two25=Fabulosity!luvfabulousfoodDined on 5/16/2014Two25 was a fabulous experience for us! We went here for dinner with another couple to celebrate our anniversaries. Wow. We were all super impressed--with everything. We make a habit of trying different nice restaurants every year, but we may just have to come back to Two25 next year! And we expect to frequent this restaurant for other special occasions. We love super good food and nice portions for the $$, and Two25 provided that, and beyond, from service and appetizers & drinks--to desserts! Go here!!Special Features:
- Excellent steaks and wineMikeDined on 5/2/2014In my opinion, 225 has some of the best steak in town. Their 30 layer au gratin potatoes are fabulous! They have an excellent assorted wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! Again!GinaDDined on 5/2/2014Great neighborhood dining spot, wonderful menu and service is top shelf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Better Food!DevinBPDined on 5/1/2014We frequent Two25 for anniversaries, birthdays, and any time we're feeling like treating ourselves. Thursday was no exception. We had Gary as a server and we were delighted at every turn. We started with calamari and it came out lightning fast, regardless of the multiple other tables surrounding us. We then went to salads and followed with steaks medium rare. They were seasoned and prepared wonderfully. Two25 has one of TWO dual sided broilers in Peoria. I only eat steaks at either Jim's Bistro or Two25 because of this! Highly recommend, and try the calamari!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th birthday partyLucky4212Dined on 4/26/2014I chose your resuraunt to have a 50th birthday dinner for my wife. The waiter (Sam- I think) was less than friendly. I told the waiter about the event and put it in the reservation but there was no mention of it or a free drink or dessert. Not a big deal but it would have been nice for at least for someone there to acknowledge it or even know it was taking place. The food was good but not at the price that was on the menu.
- Excellent spot for a "date night"ForgivenDined on 4/12/2014My wife and I had a great time together at this excellent restaurant. We were seated right away and our server had our drink orders in hand almost immediately. Though the conversation around us was lively, our personal conversation was easy to hear and be part of. The pacing of the meal was outstanding: not too rushed and not too slow. And the food... simply delicious. My wife had the outstanding beef stroganoff and I had the filet. Everything came out hot and cooked to perfection. Do not miss the 30-layer Au Gratin potato.. Yum! All in all it was a fabulous choice for our date night. I really can't recommend the place highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good bar & restaurant experienceAandBClevelandVIPDined on 4/8/2014This is a very good restaurant in the Mark Twain hotel in downtown Peoria. The atmosphere is nice, whether in the bar or in the restaurant. They have some good local/small brewery beers, and the food is great. I enjoyed the brie starter and filet mignon. The environment is classy but laid back, with a lot of wood. It's nice for couples or groups, with good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very limited menu not whatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Very limited menu not what I expected. We were going to leave but decided to stay anyway would not go back
- Excellence!PatrickDined on 3/15/2014Two25 was a fabulous place to go! The service, food, and atmosphere were all superb!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worked even with a little oneTablefor3Dined on 3/8/2014Made reservation a little on the later side. We were already out and had a 7 month with us. Very accommodating, and was able to set us up in a booth with the car seat. Baby was relaxed and napped most of the meal. Service was excellent, and food better. Even was helpful getting dessert to go. Always a fave with our household.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeCarolDined on 3/7/2014We were a bunch of "old ladies," kind of dithering and picky, and the server was cheerful and knowledgeable. Patient. Attentive but not intrusive. She let us substitute items; she made suggestions when we asked her to. She gave us advice on where to eat breakfast (wrote down a whole list!), and the place we picked the next day was fabulous (Chandler's). Our cocktails were excellent. The food was very nice. I had sablefish with a green curry sauce, and the sauce was kicky but restrained (not gooping up the fish).Special Features:
- Women ? keep walkingwomandinerDined on 3/3/2014I brought a group of women to this restaurant for a business-related celebration. I made our purpose clear at the reservation. We arrived a few minutes late, but were seated before the restaurant's advertised last seating. I was terribly embarrassed as host...our waiter was dismissive, rushed, and actually scolded us when one diner ordered wine after he had brought wine to others. My guests apologized to _him_ for asking to spend money. What is wrong with this picture?
- Went for dinner around 7:30OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Went for dinner around 7:30 in the evening the decor of the building is very nice and interesting to look at but that's about the best thing about it. I had a $30 steak which was well cooked but the cheese topping and bacon didn't even add enough flavor to make it taste like any thing more than a steak put on a grill and cooked the veggies were cold and flavor less as well. We had bruschetta as an app and wasn't bad but I've had better at Olive Garden. In the end we had almost a $100 bill for dinner I left most of my food on the plate along with a mostly full $9 glass of wine that was horrible and poorly presented. So all in all you never know about a place till you try it but I definitely won't be back.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014The food was absolutely amazing and the waiter was very great about letting me try an item with confidence I would like it otherwise he'd bring something else! I loveeeee the steak and potatoes au gratin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOutoftownDined on 2/27/2014All the food was well presented. Fried Brie was great, and so were the lingonberriesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate Your DaybirthdayDined on 2/24/2014A great place to relax and enjoy a romantic evening with someone you special. Very classy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BirthdayRenoDined on 2/21/2014We have celebrated at this restaurant many times and the food and service are always first ClassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surpriseddmr2014Dined on 2/19/2014I had heard from others that this restaurant was good but I had to try it for myself. The atmosphere was really nice - brick interior and felt cozy. Wasn't busy when we arrived but quickly picked up with the business scene. Located in a great, boutique hotel in downtown Peoria. Has a nice, relaxed feel - business/business casual - and the food was great. Would definitely go here again and recommend to others for either personal or business dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two 25 4 2GoodCallPhase3Dined on 2/15/2014This was our first visit here since the name change. Years ago I think we had pizza when it was called Uno? My wife had the sea bass and I had the Filet Madeira. Both were outstanding. The service and ambiance were also very good. I look forward to our next dining experience at Two 25.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteRockyyDined on 2/15/2014The food and drinks are great, as are the atmosphere and music. I love sitting outside in the warmer months and listening to the live music on Fridays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's dinnerRobodotDined on 2/14/2014Our group expected more given advertising and Valentine occasion. We expected a romantic dinner with a set menu and exceptional champagne pairings. Turned out be a regular menu with a couple of specials and an inexpensive champagne pairings. Wait was 30 minutes at bar. Bar service was slow with only one bartender and a crowded bar. I've been to several beer pairings with set dinners that were much better. So, I think the restaurant has it in then but missed the mark on this occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.