TWO urban licks
820 Ralph McGill Blvd.
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
TWO urban licks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.twourbanlicks.com/
- Phone: 4045224622x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 12:00am Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and Super Bowl Sunday
Brunch: Sundays 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Todd Stein
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Blues, every Tuesday through Saturday starting at 7:30 and Sunday brunch starting 11:00 am
- Special Events: Thank you for sharing your special occassion with us at TWO! We can provide special order cakes, with 48hr minimum notice. Outside cake or wine service with additional fee. Please let us know if you are celebrating an event when making your reservation.
A word from TWO urban licks
TWO urban licks has been heating up the Atlanta restaurant scene with its “Fiery American Cooking” since opening in the fall of 2004, making it one of the city’s busiest restaurants on a nightly basis. The scene features “Fiery American Cooking” prepared in a magnificent nine-foot, wood pit rotisserie in the dining area and live blues nightly. TWO has garnered an abundance of local and national accolades including Conde Nast Traveler’s “Hot List”, Bon Appetit’s “Hot 50 Tables” and one of Rachael Ray’s “favorite restaurants” in the country as told to InStyle Magazine. Nominated year after year as Best Restaurant Scene and Best Place to Take an Out of Towner, it is no wonder that guests keep coming back for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
TWO urban licks - Best Restaurants in Virginia Highland ›
TWO urban licks reviews from OpenTable diners
503 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (290)fit for foodies (250)special occasion (235)good for groups (217)romantic (172)great for outdoor dining (159)neighborhood gem (159)vibrant bar scene (152)notable wine list (128)scenic view (127)late-night find (97)great for brunch (56)great for lunch (24)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Great Food Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014Ordered the flat iron steak and 15 minutes later was informed that they were out of flat iron steak. The waiter complained about having too many tables, which might equate to the poor service we (group of 4) received. Based on service, I don't recommend. Based on Food and Ambiance, I definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Friendly!k4uusDined on 10/18/2014The band was awesome! Great view of the city. Loved the open kitchen concept. Great drink recommendations from the bar. Definitely a super choice for girls night, date night, or those visiting the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightGentlemandiningDined on 10/18/2014From the moment you walk in, you realize that this place is in demand. There is a steady stream of patrons all evening, and the energy of the building is electric. Although they have an open floor plan, each section has its own personality; the bar is vibrant and lively, the large seating are is full of groups celebrating birthdays and other special occasions, and the patio offers great views and a more intimate ambience. It's a great place to hang out with friends, meet a new friend, or enjoy a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Wait Timebnstone9Dined on 10/18/2014We had reservations for 7:30 and were still waiting for a table until 8:30. It's almost like the establishment was overbooked. Waiting at the bar was impossible because of the over crowding of people and standing in the hallway put you in the way of everyone who came through the door and felt the need to have a reunion with guests they knew that were also waiting for a table or leaving the restaurant. I went with small group of girl friends and we felt like we were ignored by the hostess. Probably won't be going back here again...the food was pretty good but not worth the struggle that comes along with eating here.Special Features:
- Great evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We were accomandated beyond my expectations, food was exceptional.Special Features:
- Good Dining ExperienceTABJDined on 10/17/2014Great restaurant, good food. Very popular spot, so if you go on a Friday or Saturday, make reservations and be on time. The salmon chips are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IanLDined on 10/17/2014Great energy, younger crowd. Excellent chef, adventurous menu.Special Features:
- Great patio diningAtldinerDined on 10/17/2014We sat on the patio for the first time last Friday and it was a wonderful experience! We had a great view of the skyline, the beltline activity, and even the bocce ball players. Although the cool evening would have been comfortable, the overhead heaters kept us warm and toasty. The service was great and the food excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!!Jgm11983633Dined on 10/17/2014Great service, perfect food prep and display!! Perfect time at 2 urban licks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No beginningsMzPinkDined on 10/16/201410 mins for drinks, another 30 for appetizer, another 1 hour or so for the entree after 1.4 hours I said im going home with no dessert.. took so long as if we were forgotten.Special Features:
- Great spot, needs menu updateDinnerdaterDined on 10/12/2014I really love this spot and go regularly. However, the menu needs updating. It's fairly limited and it rarely changes or includes new items. Food is delicious, but there needs to be more variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillDined on 10/12/2014I have been here a couple of times, but this was my friends first time and we both enjoyed ourselves. The service was great from the guys valet parking, the bartender, to our servers. I highly recommend the glazed pecan cheesecake so save room for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Club DinnerdisastisfiedCustomerDined on 10/11/2014Energetic atmosphere with excellent wines (on tap...), fantastic cocktails, and extra savory dishes!Special Features:
- Not worth the money!GenfamDined on 10/11/2014The food and wine was good, but way to expensive for what you ordered!! $10 and up for glasses of wine from giant metal tanks. You would think it would be less expensive given it is from a tap. Dinner was also over prized. For the money, I would rather go to high end steak house or french restaurant. At least then, I would be able to hear my date and suffer from the smokey air.Special Features:
- Too loudEncarnacionDined on 10/10/2014Is too loud! People is too close to you and is not enough lighting! Our sever firgot our salmon chips appetizer 😖Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDisappointingDined on 10/10/2014We had clearly indicated within our Opentable reservation that we wanted a booth. Every single time (since 2010) our reservations indicated a booth we have gotten it or at least been notified of an additional wait. When they seated us against a wall and tightly squeezed among 3 tables, we notified the hostess who said it is another 45-minute wait though we had already waited 20 minutes for our table and came on time. We notified the waitress and manager who still refused to move us. The table behind must have felt the same because 2 couples decided to change tables and they did successfully. Having no help and no offer to switch tables even though we asked 3 different people based on one bad hostess completely ruined our anniversary night.Special Features:
- Like a too hip Cheesecake FactoryWhateverDined on 10/10/2014Unfortunately, it appears this restaurant has lost its quest for great food and service and has replaced it with a zeal for churning out large parties and C quality food, D level service. Very sad because it is a great location.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentMadam3dDined on 10/9/2014TUL never fails. It is always an excellent dining experience with amazing food.Special Features:
- consistently greatAdriDined on 10/9/2014This was my 3rd visit. Each time has been great. Vibrant atmosphere. Food was delicious. I love the empanada!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just an awful Dining ExperiencelukeVIPDined on 10/8/2014Compared to One Midtown -- this is McDonalds... Warm Wine ... Awful Service, Waiter never returned ... Boxed food at the table as the other diners were eating ... NEVER checked on the table ... The loud atmosphere made it so it was impossible to hold a conversation .. -- Wrote these issues on the check and informed the food runner (cause we didn't see the waiter) and the manager NEVER come over ... for the money this is a JOKE! Bummer Food was good -- we were to annoyed to enjoy it ....
- Great Birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Celebrated a birthday on Tuesday at TWO. Kelly did an amazing job and the brisket was the best meal i've had in a long while! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014it was wonderful the scene was romantic I absolutely love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. I was our 23rd wedding aniversary and decided to try their brunch. I was wonderful. I recomend the Gouda Grits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant, 2 issuesEatOutOftenVIPDined on 10/4/2014Loved TUL and worth finding it's hidden location. Staff was very friendly including the parking valets. Only issues: 1) didn't do well with on-time seating for reservations, we waited 1/2 hour and didn't complain, but one patron who did was told they should be happy because without a rez, they'd be seated 2 hours later. (this also stopped all three hosts/hostesses from taking us to our table while they listened to the other patron's complaint); 2) Plan on smelling like the restaurant when you leave because this is an ongoing issue there. TUL is still worth going to...try the salmon chips even if you don't think you like smoked salmon--YUM!Special Features:
- NewATL13Dined on 10/4/2014Great space, open and comfortable. Noisy for dinner, but overall a good crowd. Food was pretty good. They overcooked my mussels, but overall it was a decent meal. The wines were great!Special Features:
- awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Great food, nice facility and wonderful service. Complementary valet parking. Had the fact iron stake, its was perfect. You must try the guda grits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pastaJeroDined on 10/4/2014I had the pasta and it was good but lacked flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit, very good food and serFrequentdinerVIPDined on 10/4/2014The was very flavorable, all my guest really enjoyed their entre's . Restaurant very energeticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itGottafindgreatfoodDined on 10/4/2014Enjoyed the place, food was fabulous. They didn't rush us through dinner. You gotta go at least once, or daily.Special Features:
- Amazing!IndustryThursdayDined on 10/4/2014Two Urban Licks offers amazing customer service, great food and wonderful atmosphere! The best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same...wineNdineDined on 10/4/2014I've always loved Two Urban Licks but I was a bit disappointed on my last visit. The service and ambiance was still nice but the food is just the same. I think I'm going to have to look for a new favorite "go to" spot :0(
- Loved it!!!WooWooDined on 10/3/2014Food great, service great what more can you ask for????? Because of my shellfish allergy i stuck to the steak for my birthday 12 ounces of awesomenessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, pricy foodNYtoATLDined on 10/3/2014We just moved to Atlanta and Two Urban Licks was highly recommended by coworkers as an 'immersion into ATL experience.' We requested a table outside, and had a great view of the sunset as well as the interior of the restaurant when they opened the garage-like doors. The empanadas were fantastic, the 'signature' salmon chips were just as expected, nothing amazing, although the homemade potato chips were a nice touch. I had the duck and my boyfriend had the flat iron, and we both came away from our meal thinking it was good, not great and certainly not worth the price - having come from NY where we are used to paying higher prices. Overall though, service and ambience were stellar, so do not regret checking this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Multiple time guest, not goodKev7902Dined on 10/2/2014I have used two urban licks many times as a first date place. I have also brought guests here from Maryland. I wAs here on 10/2/14, and this wAs the first time I was not impressed. I told the server to come back in 5 minutes to take our order, and it took him 20 minutes. When he took the order, my dAtes first choice was out: lobster crepes. I ordered the brisket, and this time it was way over cooked. I left left overs on the table when I ledt. O still tipped 20%. I spent $125, and I'm not sure if I will come back unless I have some incentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service not so greatDisappointedDined on 10/2/2014Food was awesome. However, fly flew in our food, and manager was horrible. Next, asked for a to-go box and received wet just washed bucket. Obvious it had been used, and just washed. One bucket even had a tag on the too labeled garlic, and it smelled like garlic. The manger was horrible, and thought it was funny. What started off as a great dining experience turned into a disaster. I won't go back to Two Urban Licks anytime soon.Special Features:
- AtldeuceVIPDined on 10/1/2014They failed to record my Open Table reservation. Food is good but this place is looking worn out. Can't compete with the newer, cooler venues.
- averagedrewDined on 9/30/2014Pork dish was awful. service was painfully mediocre.Special Features:
- An ATL Legend!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014Hadn't been to Two since I returned to atlanta after a four year hiatus and it didn't disappoint. Back on my list of faves for so many reasons--food, atmosphere, location. Great spot. Keep up the GREAT work!Special Features:
- Fine dining loverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014This was my second time dining here. The first was dinner with my wife and my best friend and this last time all three of us returned for my best friend's birthday for brunch. I remembered dinner being fantastic the last time, so I knew I couldn't go wrong with brunch. It was exactly what I expected and a whole lot more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cool, but slightly unorganizedbirthdaygirltwourbanlicksDined on 9/27/2014Overall the experience went well. The only things that were bothersome were that there was no place to stand while waiting for our table to be prepared, and that our 8:30 table reservation wasn't ready until about 8:55. Our party felt as if every place we tried to stand was in the way, as there were no seats or areas that looked fit for waiting. Also, when we tried to order a drink at the bar while waiting, no one took our drink order after standing at the bar for ten minutes. Other than that, the food was wonderful and the service was great. Our waiter did a great job of explaining some of the items on the menu, as well as offering suggestions based on our taste. The atmosphere also captures the city very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.