TWO urban licks
820 Ralph McGill Blvd.
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
TWO urban licks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.twourbanlicks.com/
- Phone: 4045224622x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 12:00am Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and Super Bowl Sunday
Brunch: Sundays 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Todd Stein
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Blues, every Tuesday through Saturday starting at 7:30 and Sunday brunch starting 11:00 am
- Special Events: Thank you for sharing your special occassion with us at TWO! We can provide special order cakes, with 48hr minimum notice. Outside cake or wine service with additional fee. Please let us know if you are celebrating an event when making your reservation.
A word from TWO urban licks
TWO urban licks has been heating up the Atlanta restaurant scene with its “Fiery American Cooking” since opening in the fall of 2004, making it one of the city’s busiest restaurants on a nightly basis. The scene features “Fiery American Cooking” prepared in a magnificent nine-foot, wood pit rotisserie in the dining area and live blues nightly. TWO has garnered an abundance of local and national accolades including Conde Nast Traveler’s “Hot List”, Bon Appetit’s “Hot 50 Tables” and one of Rachael Ray’s “favorite restaurants” in the country as told to InStyle Magazine. Nominated year after year as Best Restaurant Scene and Best Place to Take an Out of Towner, it is no wonder that guests keep coming back for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
TWO urban licks - Best Restaurants in Virginia Highland ›
TWO urban licks reviews from OpenTable diners
538 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (287)hot spot (280)fit for foodies (257)good for groups (255)neighborhood gem (208)great for outdoor dining (193)romantic (191)vibrant bar scene (177)scenic view (150)notable wine list (134)late-night find (119)great for brunch (91)great for lunch (38)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- Special occassion with friendsMCJopentblDined on 8/25/2014We celebrated a 50th birthday on a Monday evening and 5 of our 6 had never dined here before. The place was hopping even on a Monday evening. It was a little noisy, but that could be considered apart of the atmosphere. Everyone loved the atmosphere, decor, food and service. Will recommend to everyone!! We are also looking forward to returning when the patio doors are open!! We weren't aware they served a special brunch on Sundays. So we will be trying that as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurantKennesawDudeDined on 8/24/2014No complaints I've been about 5 times and its always good! Menu is very limited so always check what's on it before visiting with a finicky eater. Don't be afraid to try something new, the chefs know what they are doing here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite!tamorrowDined on 8/23/2014I had recently watched a show highlighting various restaurants along the belt line. My boyfriend and I have taken it upon outselves to eat at each restaurant featured. Two Urban Licks was first on our list. Jon, who use to be an executive chef, pulled the menu up online and became very excited at the variety of foods offered. We thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere, service and food. From the salmon chips, to the duck, and the chocolate mousse cake, everything blew our minds and palates. I would recommend anyone in the area to check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food and the serviceTcairlDined on 8/23/2014The food here is excellent and the service is always friendly and top-notch. This is still my favorite place to eat in Atlanta. I need to come back when it's not so warm, the late afternoon sun can make it quite warm if you're dressed up, but I know that patio is nice and comfy when cooler weather gets here in September and October!Special Features:
- LovedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Every time we have friends that come into Atlanta we always take our guests there for dinner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I just don't get the appealBobby86Dined on 8/23/2014The food was unremarkable and the restaurant was so LOUD that I could not hear my friends across the table. I just don't get what the appeal of this reastaurant. Saturday night was my first time back at this restaurant in about 5 years for a friends birthday dinner, and I just don't see myself going back again by choice. It was not an awful dining experience, but at the price point there are better restaurants in the city -and where I can have a conversation with other memebers of my dining party without having to shout across the table. And please update the Noise Level rating Box- there is not a choice for TOO LOUD.
- Never disappoints!ATLFoodieCoupleDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I dine at TWO about once a month. It is consistently delicious!! The weekends can become very crowded. During our last visit, we had to wait about 20 minutes to be seated despite having a reservation (which had never happened in the past). As far as food goes, the salmon chips are a MUST! For dinner, the scallops are always delicious and the brisket is to die for! Overall, this is a great date night with a nice, fun atmosphere and beautiful views of the city skyline. If you like quiet intimate places, it is not for you. For me, TWO is at the top of my list for favorite Atlanta eats!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over ratedshyattDined on 8/22/2014Food average and not worth price. They fill you up with drinks so when the small food portion comes it would seem like you are already fullSpecial Features:
- mayfieldDined on 8/22/2014Everyone raves about this place and I have no idea why. The place is extremely too loud - had to tell across the table to hear each other and hear the waitress. The menu is very limited and food is so-so . Drink menu really not that great and to top it off, did not have any sweet water 420. Definitely not the best place for date night.
- Nosiest food Circus in TownvinetboeufVIPDined on 8/22/2014Let me start by saying that the food here was actually really good - well prepared, flavorful. At night, the place looks really cool as well, but that is about all the positives that I can give for this massive restaurant (must seat 500 or more) that seems more like a circus then a serious place to eat. The noise level was unbelievable - couldn't hear a word from the people sitting across the table form me, and their wine list is just a horrible mess - I mean a seriously, horrible, incomprehensible mess. If you want a show and a loud, crowded atmosphere, this place may be for you. If you want to talk to the people you are dining with over a good bottle of wine, go somewhere else!Special Features:
- Two LicksjadeatlantaDined on 8/22/2014Great food, service was adequate. Noisy but we could still hear each other. Valet service was great and speedy, impressive considering the large crowdlSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Experience!CLHolbDined on 8/17/2014Met friends there for dinner, everyone had a great experience. We all loved the atmosphere and loved the food. Service was incredible.Special Features:
- Not for brunchGravityVIPDined on 8/17/2014One of the worst brunches we have had in Atlanta... bad food, bad service, bad experience. Won't be back for brunch.
- charliefOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Two Urban Licks has one of the best atmospheres in the city. We had a great time listening to the band at the bar before dinner. We liked them so much, we sat back down at the bar and listened to them until they were done. Great Jazz/Blues music. Oh, and by the way, the food was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great outdoor area, with cool views. Service was outstanding and the food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceKL1972Dined on 8/16/2014I cannot express how impressed I was with Two Urban Licks. I made reservations and was immediately seated. Our waiter was so attentive and on point. He made sure that all of our needs were taken care of even before we needed them. The food was fantastic. I was amazed at how quickly our food came. Since were were celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary, they took the time to bring us a free dessert with a personalized message written in chocolate. What a nice gesture that was. It made the experience even more special. To add, we were done eating our three course meal within 45 minutes. Now that is great considering that they had a full house on a Saturday night. I would definitely come back again. I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentENiNUCDined on 8/16/2014We have enjoyed outings at 2 several times over the years and have always been very pleased. The menu is always creative and the food always tastes freshly prepared. We are eagerly awaiting our next opportunity to enjoy a meal at Two Urban Licks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure.foodcianado23Dined on 8/15/2014Been coming here for years. Service always amazing. Food is impeccable. Brought our friends to 2 Urban Licks and they are now steady patrons. Definitely an Atlanta gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, cool atmosphereKatyBugMayDined on 8/15/2014Love the empandas. Waiter Alex was fantastic. Had to wait 25 min even know we had a reservation which was slightly frustrating & the hostess wasn't the most friendly. You can't tell if bathrooms are occupied or not.Special Features:
- WanderingSparkVIPDined on 8/14/2014While the patio is lovely, we waited nearly 15 minutes before we had to call someone over to get drinks started. Our server was dead set on up selling everything, which I always find uncomfortable. Then there was the food. We ordered appetizers to start and didn't want anything else after that. The calamari was mostly breaking but what calamari there was was like rubber. The tuna poke was fine, a little bland but fine. Salmon chips--salmon was bland. And then we got a salad that, while I think the ingredients were tasty, I couldn't taste them through the massive amount of dressing. Lamb ribs were ok, but cold. We couldn't bring ourselves to try anything else.
- Amazing food and great ambianceChrisDined on 8/14/2014Server was not very attentive and seemed like he had way too many tables to stay on top of. Overall I still give 4 stars because of the fantastic food and great ambiance. Great find if you like live Jazz too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodJones5Dined on 8/13/2014For the price the food was fair. Birthday dessert was not good. Hard cookie. Will try brunch next time.
- 1st TimeMooseDined on 8/11/2014I went with my wife for our 2 year anniversarry that a friend recommended. The food was great but no the most romatic for an anniversary dinner. I did have to send back a drink that had a fruit fly in it. It is a very loud place and I'm sure its even louder on Tue-Sun when the live band plays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious an Great ServiceFoodieDined on 8/9/2014The waiter definitely knew what he was talking about and helped make our decision on what to order simple. He had great wine pairing suggestions as well. Everything was delivered to the table hot (when applicable), and we never sat there wonderinf where our food was. This was the perfect place for my birthday dinner and I will definitely return!Special Features:
- Chew but don't talkdiamondgirl59VIPDined on 8/9/2014The food was very good. The service was friendly but slow. The four of us went on a Saturday night and conversation was quite a strain.Special Features:
- Great AmbienceBrownyluverDined on 8/9/2014I can say I've been, but I wasn't impressed. The ambience was the best thing about Two Urban Licks. I had the smoked lemon herb chicken with mac & cheese. The chicken was ok, a little bland. The mac & cheese was good. Drinks were over priced. Service was decent. I probably won't be returning too soon.Special Features:
- Awesome experience!cutipieDined on 8/8/2014We loved the experience at the restaurant! Will definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysHaveFoodyWillTravelDined on 8/8/2014This place never disappoints! Great service, great environment, and great food. We live two hours away, but dinner here at least once every trip is a must.....sometimes twice. We've been with groups and special occasions, but our favorite is a dinner for two at the chefs table/counter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-SosteviedeeDined on 8/7/2014We've been to 2 Urban Licks a couple of times before and the food was very good, but it was pretty bland this time. The noise level was always a drawback if you're interested in talking to your companion, but the food compensated for that. Not this last time tho'.
- First time experienceeatyourheartoutDined on 8/7/2014Great first time experience. Was expecting a little more flavor and pizzazz to the food, but it was an overall great experience. I will definitely return and recommend to other diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring back the brisketOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Keep your best dishes on the menu. Was very upset that you guys changed your menu.Special Features:
- 2 urban licksAnderson84Dined on 8/6/2014A wood burning smoke smell us very strong inside. Tends to burn your eyes and make your clothes and hair smell. Portions are decent but nothing hugeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the RoughKSfromNJDined on 8/3/2014Tucked away in a "warehouse" type of building... you'd never find this restaurant just driving by- I was referred by a friend of mine when I was traveling to Atlanta & WOW... just WOW. First impression- The brick oven smokey smell- that's NOT over powering, the dim lights the incredible art on the walls & low music made for outstanding ambiance. (wish my husband was with me- I was here on business!) Our server was extremely knowledgeable of the menu, helpful with suggestions and very friendly! (not too much that we wouldn't leave, though:)) Excellent food was the clincher... folks, Atlanta has a winner! Check it out when in the ATL area... you definitely don't want to miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We were very disappointed in our server. She was very disengaged, short & rude. She brought us water, returned to take our order never asking if we wanted a different drink. Once our food arrived she didn't check on us until we called her over. Once she took our ticket & ran the card & printed the receipt she stood over there talking to her co-workers another 10minutes before bringing the receipt. Horrible waitress!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Get Salmon Chips or macaroni and cheese !! The sides were the best of the mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!ChiChiDined on 8/3/2014Enjoyed ambience and food. Service was awesome. Great job Dwayne!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great kept secretluv2urbanlicksDined on 8/2/2014two Urban Licks is one of Atlanta's best kept secrets, not on a busy street but off in the cut! The food was absolutely amazing and ambiance was beautifully architecturally and even the staff was very polite..would give it 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014The food and atmosphere was amazing!!! The service was also amazing, everyone was friendly. Can't wait to go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE LOVE LOVE This PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014This place bar far is a must on every visit to Atlanta. Great people, great staff. Oh and the food is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They never disappoint me.Special Features:
- FantasticSPB1Dined on 8/1/2014We went with a couple who had never been and they really really enjoyed the dinner and entertainment. They said they would make it a place always to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.