TWO urban licks
820 Ralph McGill Blvd.
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
TWO urban licks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.twourbanlicks.com/
- Phone: (404) 522-4622
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 12:00am Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and Super Bowl Sunday
Brunch: Sundays 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Todd Stein
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Blues, every Tuesday through Saturday starting at 7:30 and Sunday brunch starting 11:00 am
- Special Events: Thank you for sharing your special occassion with us at TWO! We can provide special order cakes, with 48hr minimum notice. Outside cake or wine service with additional fee. Please let us know if you are celebrating an event when making your reservation.
A word from TWO urban licks
TWO urban licks has been heating up the Atlanta restaurant scene with its “Fiery American Cooking” since opening in the fall of 2004, making it one of the city’s busiest restaurants on a nightly basis. The scene features “Fiery American Cooking” prepared in a magnificent nine-foot, wood pit rotisserie in the dining area and live blues nightly. TWO has garnered an abundance of local and national accolades including Conde Nast Traveler’s “Hot List”, Bon Appetit’s “Hot 50 Tables” and one of Rachael Ray’s “favorite restaurants” in the country as told to InStyle Magazine. Nominated year after year as Best Restaurant Scene and Best Place to Take an Out of Towner, it is no wonder that guests keep coming back for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
TWO urban licks - Best Restaurants in Virginia Highland ›
TWO urban licks reviews from OpenTable diners
513 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (307)fit for foodies (276)special occasion (230)good for groups (220)romantic (174)vibrant bar scene (168)neighborhood gem (166)great for outdoor dining (153)scenic view (130)notable wine list (125)late-night find (115)great for brunch (52)great for lunch (21)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Great diamond in a rough!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Loved everything about this place. From the moment you drive into their complemtary valet to the dessert menu. The food was cooked to perfection. The service is timely. Don't judge a book by its cover. The warehouse outside seems sketchy but the inside is amazing, the live band was a nice touch and the outdoor view is great also. We are going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess was subparAnilDined on 11/19/2014We went on a Wednesday night ant the place was 50% vacant--and we had a reservation. Despite the fact that 3 out of 4 of our party had arrived, the hostess refused to seat us--twice! Note there are no tables with seating for 3--they accomodate 4. So we stood awkwardly in the lobby waiting at the entrance until our last arrived. This is a slide in the normal great service 2UL is known for. They also lost money, because the 3 of us would have each bought an additional drink if we were seated (we didn't hang out in the bar because there was live music that made it hard to have conversation).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceWilliamFromAtlantaVIPDined on 11/17/2014Frequent Two client, and this is the first time I had issues with the service. It is likely just an aberration, as Two does everything so well in my opinion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!DerryDined on 11/16/2014I'm always impressed when I go to Two Urban Licks. The food is always great and the wait staff is knowledgeable. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty much perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014They have a fresh menu daily. Everything was cook exactly how it should of been. delicate fish, crispy wontons & empanadas. Timing of courses was good too. the menu is small but everything was fresh and delicious. I had a sea bass & my husband had steak. We went silent it was all so satisfying. I dont think there is anything else I can say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hipster waiter...uggggh!TripleADined on 11/14/2014So the food is always spot on but I have to say that our hipster waiter was really terrible. Took 15 mins to get silverware another 20 mins to get a diet coke and once the our food came out thanks to the rest of the wait staff we didn't see our waiter again for almost an hour. Pathetic service and definitely not the norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Cool SpotATLFoodiesDined on 11/14/2014Awesome place, great food, great ambiance, awesome bat and wine list. Great find and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still A WinnerSaltySweet30Dined on 11/14/2014After all of these years, TWO Urban Licks is still one of my favorite eating spots in Atlanta. It's great to have a place where you know you'll have good food, good drinks and good service. There is typically a vibrant crowd, so a good time won't be far. It's a definite "must try" on anyone's culinary journey here in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front desk host was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014Booked the reso on the wrong date and she got us in right away. Thank you!
- As always, amazing.DBK2014Dined on 11/13/2014The drinks were superb, the food fantastic. I was sad that I had no room for the usually great desserts. Can't wait to visit Atlanta again just to dine at TUL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmm mmm mmm!!headymoeDined on 11/11/2014The food was great. I put together a tapas like meal with 3 dishes (garlic spinach, empanadas, and NY mac n cheese). Loved every bite! Energetic crown as usual in the place. Service was excellent as well. Felicia was fun and helpful. The valet guys are always on point. Polite and fast. All around great experience as usual!Special Features:
- Good as UsualMichaelDined on 11/11/2014Always love coming here for the atmosphere, decor and vibe. The menu has plenty to choose from and I enjoyed my duck and my girlfriend had the flat iron steak and it was a little well done but tasted good. I enjoyed veterans day here and thank the restaurant for having me.Special Features:
- ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014I've been here plenty of times and every time it gets better. However I wish you still had the bistro steak on the menu. Without a doubt two urban licks has the best mashed potatoes in the world! Great place for a special occasion for a special person in your life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two (Hour) Urban Licks?BillGrantAtlVIPDined on 11/8/2014Took my friend to TUL to celebrate his birthday on November 8.. He had never been before and wanted to go. I had been a few times in the past. We had an 8 PM reservation. When we arrived, there was a scene. It took us a few minutes to get to the desk to check in, and when we did, we were informed they were running behind and to expect a 15 minute wait. We went to the bar and ordered a cocktail. After 30 minutes, I checked back in at the desk, and they said they had no way of predicting when the tables would turn. After a 50 min wait, I posted on their FB page, and suddenly our table opened. After seated, waited 15 mins for server and 20 mins for drinks. Food arrived an hour later. Food was okay but over it by that point. Never again!!!Special Features:
- ServiceCityGardeninggnomeDined on 11/8/2014Our waitress was not very good. She kept forgetting our drink orders. Husband had to ask for his beer 3x. She brought us a glass of wine that neither my friend or I ordered. She wasn't very friendly either. Disappointed! Especially since brought out if town guests. This is usually one if our favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and noisecbm29Dined on 11/8/2014Food is very good. Portions not huge so suggest appetizer. We went on a Saturday night. It gets very noisy around 8:30 after the music starts so if you want to be able to talk to who you're with suggest eating around 7ish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience overalljazzyericDined on 11/8/2014I have dined at two several times now for special occasions. It's a nice place with interesting design as it is a warehouse conversion. Popular items appear to be the salmon chips, scallops, and the brisket. The food is a bit pricey (expect at least $100 per couple) but the completely open kitchen design and wood fired cooking makes it somehow seem worth it. I would recommend two and plan to return.Special Features:
- Dwayne was awesome!FabulousDined on 11/7/2014Everyone enjoyed their dishes and service was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spot - Great food & cocktailsDRVVVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great find that brings together great food and drink as well as a chic urban atmosphere alongside a nice view of the Atlanta skyline. The waiter was knowledgeable and not shy to share recommendations when asked. The blues music was a nice touch although a little tough to hear over the energetic din. A band came on as well which was a welcome surprise. All in all it was an exceptional dining experience.Special Features:
- skegee89OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014The food was great especially the brisket and the macaroni and cheese. Our server, Malik, was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!YummyfindsDined on 11/5/2014Food was to die for!! Bravo to the amazing chef! Waiters were spot on and never needed to ask for anything cause they were always a step ahead of the game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/4/2014My host/ server Thomas was amazing. His fun nature was just what the table needed. Food suggestions were excellent and we enjoyed our time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/4/2014This was our second time and the food held up well to our taste-bud's memories! We have tried pretty much all of the appetizers / small plates and would be hard put to decide which is the best, but double orders of empanadas and steak tartar toast might give you a hint. The wine list is fun to explore since all are available by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendJoJoeDined on 11/3/2014I highly recommend TWO Urban kicks. The food was excellent, ambience outstanding, and service exceptional. The evening was fun filled and high energy. TWO Licks was a perfect place to laugh and enjoy an evening with friends or business associates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaleekMLF2014VIPDined on 11/2/2014He is fantastic - was our server the last two times we dined with you. He is friendly, knowledgeable and aware!Special Features:
- Great All The Way AroundNikiDined on 11/2/2014This was my first time at Two Urban Licks and it was great. The valet was very nice the food was good and Meagan took great care of me and my party. Did I mention the food was good?! The only thing that could be better is the drinks I like to have a little stronger drink but overall I had a great time. I would return again and also recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Brunch Menu is a No GourbanbustDined on 11/2/2014This was our first time here and we had heard it was very good. We made a reservation for 12:30 on Sunday to celebrate a family birthday. We did not realize we would have to order from the limited brunch menu. The food was over priced and below average. One person ordered a mimosa, and it was no more than 4 oz. The bill for our family of four was $95 and not one person enjoyed their meal. The seating was also uncomfortable. Two people had a bench seat with a back, but the other two had to sit on an auto man with no back support. Maybe the dinner menu is much better; but I would definitely not recommend the brunch.
- TWO URBAN LICKSKELLSDined on 11/1/2014THIS RESTAURANT HAS GOOD FOOD AND GREAT SERVICE. I LOVE GOING HERE WITH FRIENDS.Special Features:
- EnjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014I am gluten free and they took great care of me. Our waitress was wonderful. The food was good. No complaintsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I love this place the food was great the waiter was great just a wonderful place to entertain your guest, I will be going back in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have always been a favorite!!HillbillyDined on 11/1/2014This restaurant has always been a favorite of my wife and I. The food is excellent!!! There are two things that might be a concern for people: 1) The noise level is pretty high and 2) They try to fit as many people in this place as possible. The way the tables are set up reminds me of speed dating. Literally, you can reach over to a table, who you do not know, and try some of there food! If you want privacy and intimacy, then this is not the place for you.Special Features:
- Two Seaters too CloseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014The two seaters are way to close together giving you a feeling you are dining with the tables to your left and right. It is already a very loud restaurant, but the two tops were so close it felt like a fast food restaurant. It cheapens the experience and makes it feel like an in and out experience. I watched as a few couples who didn't have another two seater to their left or right actually turn the tables elongated and then moved beside each other. However if you have someone to your left and right you are almost sitting at their table with them.Special Features:
- Pre-Theater TreatpassingthruDined on 10/31/2014This is an excellent place to dine before going out on the town. Our reservation was met as soon as we got there. The service is so attentive that you can control the pace of your dining. Being able to see and smell your food being cooked in the kitchen really gets your tastebuds going.Special Features:
- Great for a large group!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014Lots of food to share fitting all food restrictions. I was supremely impressed! Plus, the venue is phenomenal and a great use of space. Plans to return on my next trip to Atlanta.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance and Food!DelightedDinerVIPDined on 10/27/2014What a wonderful place this is. I highly recommend trying this place out. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- great placeEnjoymexicanfoodDined on 10/27/2014Good food good atmosphere great view server could have been better but other servers were great that I seen great romantic dinner spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban EscapeTheCreativeChefDined on 10/25/2014My first time there and i had a wonderful time. Did not want to leave and cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night gemMandiettDined on 10/25/2014Great spot. Was very tricky to find so follow signs closely. Was still popping at 1130pm on a Saturday night. Live music. Lots of people. Friendly staff. Gorgeous decor. Must visit for late night meal in Atlanta. They also have a good brunch I've been told.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, great foodAKPerimeterDined on 10/25/2014First time in that restaurant. found out that people, service and food are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findmarkenDined on 10/25/2014Visiting atlanta, all I heard was how I must visit two urban licks. Definitely worth it. Great ambiance, food was reasonably priced and was pretty interesting. Love the view from the city and the service was amiable and knowledgeableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.