TWO urban licks
820 Ralph McGill Blvd.
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
TWO urban licks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.twourbanlicks.com/
- Phone: 4045224622x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 12:00am Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and Super Bowl Sunday
Brunch: Sundays 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Todd Stein
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Blues, every Tuesday through Saturday starting at 7:30 and Sunday brunch starting 11:00 am
- Special Events: Thank you for sharing your special occassion with us at TWO! We can provide special order cakes, with 48hr minimum notice. Outside cake or wine service with additional fee. Please let us know if you are celebrating an event when making your reservation.
A word from TWO urban licks
TWO urban licks has been heating up the Atlanta restaurant scene with its “Fiery American Cooking” since opening in the fall of 2004, making it one of the city’s busiest restaurants on a nightly basis. The scene features “Fiery American Cooking” prepared in a magnificent nine-foot, wood pit rotisserie in the dining area and live blues nightly. TWO has garnered an abundance of local and national accolades including Conde Nast Traveler’s “Hot List”, Bon Appetit’s “Hot 50 Tables” and one of Rachael Ray’s “favorite restaurants” in the country as told to InStyle Magazine. Nominated year after year as Best Restaurant Scene and Best Place to Take an Out of Towner, it is no wonder that guests keep coming back for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
TWO urban licks - Best Restaurants in Virginia Highland ›
TWO urban licks reviews from OpenTable diners
539 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (288)special occasion (271)fit for foodies (271)good for groups (242)neighborhood gem (193)romantic (186)great for outdoor dining (180)vibrant bar scene (166)scenic view (139)notable wine list (128)late-night find (114)great for brunch (84)great for lunch (38)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- good birthdayPeejDined on 9/16/2014Third visit was still great. The birthday girl and my mom from out of town raved about how tasty their pork and duck were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodhappyDined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent, service was good considering the crowd. It was quite loud and busy! Not romantic, although I read some reviews that said so. I loved when they opened the doors (think oil change type) and the breeze from outside came inside. The view of the city was spectacular. Staff was very knowledgable of the menu. I was served the wrong dish for entree but they quickly replaced with the correct order. The painting is another must see. We had reservations and arrived promptly @ 7 but could not be seated until around 7:20 - yes, it was that busy. I would go again, but probably later and just for small plates and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait for reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014We made a reservation days before and still waited over 30 minutes. Hostess and server were not very professional and food did not come out together. Very disappointingfrom the last time we were there. We'll try a different restaurant next time.
- Fantastic foodkjkjDined on 9/13/2014Unique atmosphere, pot roast (they called it brisket) was excellent. Their free bread and oil/vinegar is very good too.Special Features:
- My consistent faveHollyDined on 9/12/2014This is my go-to for a 5star experience. A great place to get dressed, have a unique cocktail and gourmet meal. Super service, unique environment. Live jazz band in the corner of the bar. Awesome as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacefigitandbbDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I were going on a date night, and wanted to hear live music. This place had great reviews. We really enjoyed our experience at Two Urban Licks. The atmosphere was great, valet parking was a huge plus, service was awesome!! The food was great for the most part. Brisket was outstanding, however chicken was very dry. Drinks were really good. It was very crowded which made it quite loud, so we unfortunately couldn't hear the jazz band from where we were sitting. But we didn't mind. Make sure you make a reservation. We will definitely go back. I wish we had known about it sooner. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good time and energetic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intown diningCitydinerDined on 9/12/2014Eclectic mix of patrons. ..good drinks! Friendly wait staff Good menu mix $$ CSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!SAFETYLADYDined on 9/12/2014I was in town for a conference and we were looking for a place to go on Friday night before we left for home. The manager at the Marriott Airport Hotel suggested Two Urban Licks -her favorite "go to place" in Atlanta. How could we not? We had a 6:30 rez and were seated promptly. Out server was attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. We had a "leisurely" dinner - no rush - and enjoyed every bit of the meal, from app to dessert (yes, we treated ourselves). And my after-dinner port was excellent and really hit the spot! My only negative (and this is just me), was that it was a bit loud for my tastes...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wondrous FoodgtstudentDined on 9/12/2014We ordered the Brisket, Pork, and Filet and all three were absolutely delicious. The service was excellent and the food top notch (especially the grits too). Would highly recommend and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Awesome food, weird serviceStar23456VIPDined on 9/11/2014I've been here multiple times, and every time the food is great. This most recent time however was the weirdest service I've had. Our group of 6 agreed. Things that happened: wine did not come until after appetizers, all entrees came out at different times, one person received their entree 10 min after the last entree came out, and credit cards for bills were taken at different times when all were out on the table. Overall, extreme lack of consistency and strange evening with service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FirstNumber1Dined on 9/11/2014Phenomenal... I was taken back at first when we walked in to Two. The lighting is spectacular. Then our order came. By far the best meal we have enjoyed in an extremely long time. We cannot wait to go back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the server was excellentKeg1901Dined on 9/11/2014our server was excellent, but he had been overloaded with people at all his tables, which made it very tough to be timely. Management needs to have a couple more people around the peek hours such as 7:30 seatings. Or, have an additional person with the server to handle the bar items and knows when something is out, before we order it, and later find out it is not available. Staff was very friendly and our server, Dwayne (sp.?) was wonderful, knew the menu well and gave excellent advice.Special Features:
- disappointeddisappointedDined on 9/11/2014Food was ok, not great. Expected more for the price. Will not be back.Special Features:
- Tasty CuisineBlackBarbieDined on 9/10/2014The food is excellent, however, often times the service is sub par because the staff is not prepared for the amount of customers. Even with reservations on more than one occasion I have had to wait for more than 30 minutes.Special Features:
- GreatAndreDined on 9/10/2014Me and my wife celebrated our 3rd anniversary here. We really enjoyed our food and service but it was a bit to load inside. The salmon chips and brisket are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good ambiance, bad servicefoodieDined on 9/10/2014The ambiance and the energy of this restaurant were amazing! Beyond that, it was a let down. We went on a Wednesday night at 7, it was not that busy. Our service was horrible! Had 3 different waitresses trying to take our drink and appetizer order. But then after ordering drinks and an appetizer, it took forever for a server to return to take our dinner order and get another round of drinks. The menu is small, and I ordered the scallops and grits. For $26 I would have thought the portion would have been bigger. It was about 1/2 cup of grits spread flat on the plate with 4 small scallops (not anything special). We had the salmon chips to start, they were not very good.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSniperDrivesaHemiDined on 9/8/2014Heard about Two Urban Licks a few months ago from a friend and forgot about it. Came across it again while planning our anniversary and made the reservations. The only drawback was confusion about parking. We self parked along the street because the signs said Valet only towards the restaurant. That meant we had to walk quite a ways. It is easier to just Valet it and follow the signs. Got seated right away. Excellent service, nice view. Amazing food. My wife loved the wine selection, and she really enjoyed their Ice Wine alongside our desserts. Desserts were incredible. Menu can change daily, so you never know what will be on it. We didn't see any children there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointed06Dined on 9/6/2014I researched restaurants to take my friends, who were visiting out of town. I came across Urban Two Licks and the reviews were good. I made reservations and arrived promptly. Disappointley we had to wait a HOUR past our reservation time with no other option but to neither stand in the bathroom walkway on the entrance where it the tempature was beyond hot. I tried speaking with the manager who in return gave instant attitude. Granted I know things happened but this was unacceptable and unrealistic. If we hadn't paid for a limo service drop off/pick up we would've definitely left.Special Features:
- Service less than par! Overrated!DisappointedCustomerDined on 9/6/2014Had been here once before 2 yrs ago, & experience was nice. Idk if it's new management or because I had a group of 9, or what, but the service SUCKED! Hostess was NOT friendly (not to mention I was there celebrating my bday) & I probably won't be back!Special Features:
- Poor Customer ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The customer service was terrible. Forty minute wait with reservation. The waitress was not attentive. Manager very sarcastic and rude.Special Features:
- Not our favorite experience.KTinATLDined on 9/6/2014We have been to TUL several times, and have really enjoyed it, but this past visit was sub-par. We had a reservation for 8pm, but they wouldn't seat, even though over half our party was present. The stragglers arrived at 8:15, but we didn't get seated until 9 - a full hour after our reservation time! At 8:45 I asked the hostess how much longer she thought it would be, and she told me that she couldn't say, because diners were staying much longer than usual (it was the same night as the Lantern Parade). As we were dining, it became apparent that the problem was the service, not the patrons - it was SLOW. We received better service on Valentine's Day than this night. Our meal took two hours, but we each only had the chance to order one drink!Special Features:
- Unhappy experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014I was disappointed during this visit to Two Urban Licks. I normally come to TWO URBAN LICKS to have a birthday celebration dinner with family & friends. I made prior reservation for Saturday Sept 6th @ 8pm to celebrate my birthday. One of the hostesses was extremely rude when I inquired on checking in. I understand that the restaurant was packed but there is no reason for the hostess to be rude. She bluntly recited my cell number loud enough for everyone around to know my personal information. I was motified that she would reveal that information with strangers standing around. Two of my guests whose this was my first time at the restaurant was disappointed. The positive side to the evening was Esther, the hostess and also our serverSpecial Features:
- The worst experience everAtlantanativeDined on 9/6/2014I have been dining in Atlanta all of my life and have dined many times at TWO Urban Licks. This was absolutely the worst experience I have ever had at a restaurant in Atlanta. We were lied to, ignored, treated as if we were not welcome and discriminated against. (I am not black or a minority.) I will NEVER step foot in this restaurant again. AND, I will be SURE to tell everyone I know how horribly we were treated and campaign for others to not support such a terribly run restaurant.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Reservations for 7:30 didn't get seated until 8:10. Had to fight our way to the bar for drinks and flag down a bartender to be served.Special Features:
- ChasfoodieDined on 9/6/2014My husband ate here many years ago & raved about it- I finally got to go on Saturday night & it did not dissapoint!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- morgan99Dined on 9/6/2014Food and service awesome. Seating arrangement is to crowded and not comfortable. Give people room to enjoy their meal. Only go there on a special occasion but next time will request a booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Urban LickstprestwoodVIPDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed the Salmon Chips and Tuna Poke for appetizers; the salmon for dinner and the chocolate cake for dessert. It was all delicious and not your average spin on any of the items. My only complaint is the seating. We sat in the bench seats along the wall - the benches were not easy to sit on and by the end of the meal uncomfortable. It was a great backdrop for the Lantern Parade.Special Features:
- Rushed!!!nycbroad333Dined on 9/6/2014The food and ambience was great. However our meal was IMMENSELY rushed....so much so that despite how good the food was, we would prob go elsewhere. Its to pricey to be rushed thru the meal so quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a very special place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Two Urban Licks gave me more than what I expected. The pictures online did not do it any justice. You have to be there to really appreciate it. The staff was wonderful and the food was amazing. I can't wait to visit again.Special Features:
- Dinner for twoKittykatDined on 9/5/2014We have been to two urban before and had a great experience. The dining area is beautiful and so is the view of midtown. Food is phenomenal. We were disappointed by poor service this latest trip and the fact that they discontinued a steak dish we had previously enjoyedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban Hot SpotYummyVIPDined on 9/5/2014A trendy spot to eat some fun food and enjoy a wide variety of wines by the glass. Try the mussels. Cooked to perfection with a sumptuous wine broth and a hint of orange. Main dishes are all good and satisfy the tummy. For dessert the pumpkin cheesecake is the winner in our book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Had an awesome waiter named Will who really made our dinner enjoyable! He had great recommendations and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem on the Beltline...frenchyfloDined on 9/4/2014As a new homeowner in the PCM neighborhood, I was delighted to discover this unique place, right on the beltline, not only with an amazing decor and ambiance but a taste of the past of this building where firefighter used to work. The food is delicious without being fancy and it is definitely the place to discover, whether you are with a romantic partner or a group of friends, or even co-workers! LOVED it!Special Features:
- Good as Usualfleetfoot15Dined on 8/31/2014The apps, entrees, and dessert were fantastic as always, but the service was a bit sub-par this time. Wait staff and valet were good, but the bartenders were inattentive and not particularly friendly. Also, we waited 20 minutes past our reservation time for a table.Special Features:
- Blown AwayatldawgDined on 8/31/2014In my two years in Atlanta, this was easily one of my best meals. I'd eaten here once before, but my girlfriend had not. The service was top-notch and the vibrancy of the atmosphere was conducive for a great time. Both courses that we enjoyed came out quickly and made to absolute perfection. We seriously could not have asked for any more. The generous portions of perfectly cooked entrees really set this place apart from other restaurants that we've dined at of its tier. The cocktails were delicious, and the watermelon salad appetizer was exactly the primer we needed and came just as our waitress had described it. I can't wait to come back to Two Urban Licks!Special Features:
- Yum!CNB1VIPDined on 8/31/2014Our first visit to TWO and we will definitely go back! Delicious rib appetizers with Carolina BBQ sauce! I had Branzino and my partner had pork shanks. Both were to die for. Only complaint is the service was slow. We don't fault the server--she was fabulous and obviously working as efficiently as she could; we think it is likely they were understaffed. Since we were in no hurry, not a huge problem, just noticeable and only bothersome when I didn't get my after dinner drink at the same time my partner got his dessert. When he was almost finished, I was told they were out of what I ordered and offered options. By that time, it was late and we were ready to head out, so I declined. Still, I love this restaurant and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great,service disorganizedDianeDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed our evening despite the very disorganized service. From the appetizers to dessert, nothing was correct. For the price I would expect more professional, timely service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- datenightDined on 8/30/2014The seating arrangements are not ideal for dates. They are too close together no privacy to converse. Also the salmon chips were good but I would recommend the empanada as a signature appetizerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still greatwillVIPDined on 8/29/2014I'm always impress with two urban licks. I can still remember the first time I are there. Was just visiting Atlanta then, now 8 years later, they have not missed a beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleFrancy304Dined on 8/29/2014Unbelievable food. Incredible atmosphere. An Atlanta must when I visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.