TWO urban licks
820 Ralph McGill Blvd.
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
TWO urban licks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.twourbanlicks.com/
- Phone: 4045224622x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 12:00am Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and Super Bowl Sunday
Brunch: Sundays 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Todd Stein
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Blues, every Tuesday through Saturday starting at 7:30 and Sunday brunch starting 11:00 am
- Special Events: Thank you for sharing your special occassion with us at TWO! We can provide special order cakes, with 48hr minimum notice. Outside cake or wine service with additional fee. Please let us know if you are celebrating an event when making your reservation.
A word from TWO urban licks
TWO urban licks has been heating up the Atlanta restaurant scene with its “Fiery American Cooking” since opening in the fall of 2004, making it one of the city’s busiest restaurants on a nightly basis. The scene features “Fiery American Cooking” prepared in a magnificent nine-foot, wood pit rotisserie in the dining area and live blues nightly. TWO has garnered an abundance of local and national accolades including Conde Nast Traveler’s “Hot List”, Bon Appetit’s “Hot 50 Tables” and one of Rachael Ray’s “favorite restaurants” in the country as told to InStyle Magazine. Nominated year after year as Best Restaurant Scene and Best Place to Take an Out of Towner, it is no wonder that guests keep coming back for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
TWO urban licks - Best Restaurants in Virginia Highland ›
TWO urban licks reviews from OpenTable diners
508 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (294)fit for foodies (255)special occasion (230)good for groups (219)romantic (164)great for outdoor dining (157)vibrant bar scene (157)neighborhood gem (154)scenic view (133)notable wine list (123)late-night find (105)great for brunch (52)great for lunch (23)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Great for a large group!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014Lots of food to share fitting all food restrictions. I was supremely impressed! Plus, the venue is phenomenal and a great use of space. Plans to return on my next trip to Atlanta.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance and Food!DelightedDinerVIPDined on 10/27/2014What a wonderful place this is. I highly recommend trying this place out. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- great placeEnjoymexicanfoodDined on 10/27/2014Good food good atmosphere great view server could have been better but other servers were great that I seen great romantic dinner spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban EscapeTheCreativeChefDined on 10/25/2014My first time there and i had a wonderful time. Did not want to leave and cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night gemMandiettDined on 10/25/2014Great spot. Was very tricky to find so follow signs closely. Was still popping at 1130pm on a Saturday night. Live music. Lots of people. Friendly staff. Gorgeous decor. Must visit for late night meal in Atlanta. They also have a good brunch I've been told.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, great foodAKPerimeterDined on 10/25/2014First time in that restaurant. found out that people, service and food are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findmarkenDined on 10/25/2014Visiting atlanta, all I heard was how I must visit two urban licks. Definitely worth it. Great ambiance, food was reasonably priced and was pretty interesting. Love the view from the city and the service was amiable and knowledgeableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ATL TURNUPCruzAgentlifeVIPDined on 10/25/2014Two is one of those restaurants you have to visit atleast every month. The atmosphere is amazing, filled with amazing people, awesome food with an active seasonal changing menu and the most unique setup you've seen! I love it every single time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for drinks, food okaygstrobeDined on 10/25/2014This is a restaurant that you go to for the atmosphere It's loud and fun, however I'd recommend appetizers and drinks only, as the entrees are nothing spectacular. The hostess stand is a hot mess, crowded and unorganized even when you make a reservations, but our server was great and on top of her game. In general, it's a cool space with a good vibe, but the food is not going to blow you away.Special Features:
- Not Happy at All with Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The Waitress was very rude and inattentive. We initially planned to have dinner, but once our guest arrived they had already eaten a late lunch. We decided to have appetizers and drinks instead. The entire meal went down hill from that point. The Waitress failed to keep glasses full, provide bread, which was free by the way & seemed very excited only after we asked for the check. Not to mention she failed to bring all the food that was ordered. Tip Missed
- Amazing FOod!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Two Urban Licks has been one of my favorite places to eat in Atlanta since they opened! I moved away from Atlanta 5 years ago and recently visited TWO again. The salmon chips were and are still my absolute favorite!! Thanks for not disappointing me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceoccasionaldinerDined on 10/25/2014Even for the "over 50" crowd this is a fun place. Food was terrific - I would strongly suggest asking for patio seating if you don't want to spend the evening screaming at your fellow-diners - music/speakers are booming and scratchy.Special Features:
- AwesomeGm123Dined on 10/25/2014Two Urban Licks is incredible!!!! I had the steak and my girlfriend had the chicken and we both loved it! The Mac n cheese that comes with the chicken is great. The atmosphere alone of this restaurant just makes your feel cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but loud and expensive!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014The food was delicious but expensive - just 3 scallops for the scallops and grits dish? That's tiny for $26. Also, the noise level was pretty high this time which made it difficult to hear friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Date with wifeilikeeatingDined on 10/25/2014Eh, good for those who know, or pretend to know, something about wine perhaps. Im not a fancy diner and I dont drink much, so Im probably not there ideal customer, but I do know what I like and the steak was bland. I had to add salt so I could taste something. Maybe thats just how fancy people eat steak, and if so, sorry for my simpleton taste buds. The empanada was really good and my wife enjoyed the scallops. I should have gotten the brisket. I thought it was 3 stars, but rating it 4 since my wife thinks im uncouth and just dont get it. See honey, I get it, 4 stars.Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Although at its height of clangor, it is loud, the food is fantastic and service is top notch. The decor is funky and modern with a flare for the dramatic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatFoodie15Dined on 10/24/2014The server was extremely dumb and even lost our order. The vibe was trendy and cool but not really made for a family trying to converse. We sat half outside half inside which was niceSpecial Features:
- EAT HERE!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014After we found it we were so happy! Everywhere you look is something cool, beautiful, interesting or different. The wall of plants - the table with the waterfall- the mural- the keg wall which had the kegs filled with wine - of all things!!- the mural (again-it's giant)-the music -the open kitchen. Two Urban Licks is a scene and a half. I like big butts and I cannot lie!! And then there is the food!!! The most popular openers are the Salmon Chips and the Hushpuppies. There is a reason they are the most popular!!! We sampled the duck, the brisket, the branzino and the lobster crepe. All cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBliss82606Dined on 10/24/2014Wonderful food, excellent service, super fun vibe, and great location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraceyDined on 10/24/2014I've never been disappointed when eating at Two! Scallops and Brisket this time and they were excellent! Food comes out fast and the service was great as well.Special Features:
- SatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014TWO Urban licks is definitely for those who are looking for atmosphere. Its a beautiful dining room although if you do go around the busiest times it does become hard to hear. The prices I feel are a little high for the food but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Groups2Dine4VIPDined on 10/24/2014The duck was delicious & served to my liking. (The waiter stated the duck would be served medium but I preferred medium-rare.) It was served with a string bean & chorizo (sp?) side which was delicious. My college-aged daughter had the scallops which were grilled beautifully. The grits that accompanied the scallops were a bit fiery but enjoyed. Another at our table had the tuna & declared that it was seared perfectly. Great outdoor dining when weather permits. The evening became chilly but there were outdoor heaters for the comfort of the patrons. Most of the desserts were were unusual but yummy. The fig ice cream & apple tart was enjoyed but another diner had the heath bar cookie which was a deemed little too sweet for their liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Vibe, Okay FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/24/2014Location is awesome, especially outside seating which looks over the skyline and is right next to the belt line. Bourbon cocktails were good, maybe a tad pricey for not being that strong. Roasted duck and pimiento cheese hush puppies were very good. Steak tartare toasts and plum, blackberry cobbler were disappointing, especially the cobbler. Was barely warm, almost like they were pre-made and heated slightly before served. I'd go back, but maybe just for drinks and small plates.Special Features:
- Always GreatLainaCDined on 10/22/2014Although a little loud, this place is always a great time. Amazing drinks and the food is fantastic. Great date restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place!Danny1956Dined on 10/21/2014I've visited this Restarant numerous times. The service has always been impeccable and the food outstanding. Great place to take out of towers to showcase the Atlanta food scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Poor ServiceNashvilleGuyDined on 10/19/2014Ordered the flat iron steak and 15 minutes later was informed that they were out of flat iron steak. The waiter complained about having too many tables, which might equate to the poor service we (group of 4) received. Based on service, I don't recommend. Based on Food and Ambiance, I definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT AMBIANCEJABRANDined on 10/18/2014FOOD IS GOOD. AMBIANCE IS GREAT. PRICES ARE A LITTLE HIGHER, BUT YOU'RE PAYING FOR THE ENVIRONMENT. GREAT DATE NIGHT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Friendly!k4uusDined on 10/18/2014The band was awesome! Great view of the city. Loved the open kitchen concept. Great drink recommendations from the bar. Definitely a super choice for girls night, date night, or those visiting the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightGentlemandiningDined on 10/18/2014From the moment you walk in, you realize that this place is in demand. There is a steady stream of patrons all evening, and the energy of the building is electric. Although they have an open floor plan, each section has its own personality; the bar is vibrant and lively, the large seating are is full of groups celebrating birthdays and other special occasions, and the patio offers great views and a more intimate ambience. It's a great place to hang out with friends, meet a new friend, or enjoy a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Wait Timebnstone9Dined on 10/18/2014We had reservations for 7:30 and were still waiting for a table until 8:30. It's almost like the establishment was overbooked. Waiting at the bar was impossible because of the over crowding of people and standing in the hallway put you in the way of everyone who came through the door and felt the need to have a reunion with guests they knew that were also waiting for a table or leaving the restaurant. I went with small group of girl friends and we felt like we were ignored by the hostess. Probably won't be going back here again...the food was pretty good but not worth the struggle that comes along with eating here.Special Features:
- Great evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We were accomandated beyond my expectations, food was exceptional.Special Features:
- Good Dining ExperienceTABJDined on 10/17/2014Great restaurant, good food. Very popular spot, so if you go on a Friday or Saturday, make reservations and be on time. The salmon chips are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IanLDined on 10/17/2014Great energy, younger crowd. Excellent chef, adventurous menu.Special Features:
- Great patio diningAtldinerDined on 10/17/2014We sat on the patio for the first time last Friday and it was a wonderful experience! We had a great view of the skyline, the beltline activity, and even the bocce ball players. Although the cool evening would have been comfortable, the overhead heaters kept us warm and toasty. The service was great and the food excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time's a charm!Diva16Dined on 10/17/2014This is my third time dining at Two Urban Licks and I have to say it is one of my favorite spots in the city! I love taking my out of town guests to this wonderful lil gem of a place! OMG the Scallops and Grits, Salmon Chips and Beef Empanadas are so delicious! Our drinks were really good. Nice and strong. I love the Valet and the whole atmosphere of the place makes you feel special and wonderful!Special Features:
- Great experience!!Jgm11983633Dined on 10/17/2014Great service, perfect food prep and display!! Perfect time at 2 urban licks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No beginningsMzPinkDined on 10/16/201410 mins for drinks, another 30 for appetizer, another 1 hour or so for the entree after 1.4 hours I said im going home with no dessert.. took so long as if we were forgotten.Special Features:
- Great spot, needs menu updateDinnerdaterDined on 10/12/2014I really love this spot and go regularly. However, the menu needs updating. It's fairly limited and it rarely changes or includes new items. Food is delicious, but there needs to be more variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillDined on 10/12/2014I have been here a couple of times, but this was my friends first time and we both enjoyed ourselves. The service was great from the guys valet parking, the bartender, to our servers. I highly recommend the glazed pecan cheesecake so save room for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Club DinnerdisastisfiedCustomerDined on 10/11/2014Energetic atmosphere with excellent wines (on tap...), fantastic cocktails, and extra savory dishes!Special Features: