Two Spear Street New American Restaurant
2 Spear Street
Nyack, NY 10960-3205Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Two Spear Street New American Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.twospearstreet.com/
- Phone: 8453537733x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday -Saturday 5:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: A. Kyle Rubino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: The Nyack Seaport and Two Spear Street is the ideal place for Weddings, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Sweet 16's, Bridal and Baby Showers, Social and Corporate Events. Our event space can accommodate up to 225 guests.
- Entertainment: LIVE From Nashville to Nyack--Jon Gambino
Every Friday from 7pm--Singer/Songwriter Jon Gambino
A word from Two Spear Street New American Restaurant
Two Spear Street’s Dishes are an eclectic blend of New American Inspired Dishes with influences from around the world. Serving the finest Prime Cuts of Beef, Fresh Seafood and Creative House Specialties, Two Spear Street will be a culinary treat! The views from Two Spear Street’s picture windows are simply spectacular! Come at dusk and witness for yourself the golden hues, as they play off The Hudson River and The Tappan Zee bridge framework.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Two Spear Street New American Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Nyack ›
Two Spear Street New American Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (31)great for outdoor dining (25)romantic (17)special occasion (17)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (13)great for brunch (12)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- MollyDined on 8/23/2014Food was good but came out cold. The waiter apologized and gave us a round of drinks. Very good businessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindFoodieDined on 8/17/2014Enjoyed a wonderful evening with my wife this week! Great food and phenomenal service to beat! Would recommend to anyone looking for great food, views, and accommodations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice find.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/10/2014Lovely restaurant in waterfront area of Nyack. Terrific menu - lots of good choices & then also nightly specials. Everyone was pleased with their meals and timing between courses also good. I would definitely return, maybe for lunch to sit outside. Our party of 6 was too large to accommodate outside, but door was open & still had Hudson River views.Special Features:
- 2 Spears = 2 StarsDrDdinesDined on 8/3/2014While the ambiance--outdoors overlooking the Hudson--was enjoyable, the food itself was underwhelming. The word that comes to mind to describe the food is "pasty": re-heated shrimp, bland filet medallions, and chalky parmesan fries. We ate there a few years back and liked it. Perhaps then, the chef wasn't on vacation.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!food2die4Dined on 7/31/2014The food and ambience at Two Spear St are out of this world! The only thing that topped that was the service(although the blonde bartender could be more personable! He needs to smile more). Patrick is an excellent knowledgable waiter who didn't mind taking the time to answer questions even on a busy night. I had the calamari and the dipping sauce was out of this world. My Short ribs literally fell off the bone and the sauce seeping into the risotto was just down right fantastic. My wife enjoyed the octopus salad but what really put the night over the top was the Filet with Shrimp, the sauce was one of the best I've ever had. We highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a quiet fine dining spot with a great view of the TZ bridgeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceLiketoeatDined on 7/20/2014Had been to spear street for dinner numerous times and had just recently realized that they do a Sunday brunch. Came on Sunday afternoon and sat on the patio for a beautiful time. Again the service couldn't have been better. Paul is a professional and loves to help out where he can. He was alone with just a bartender, who may I add made the best Bloody Mary I have ever had! The menu could use a little work but the food is great! Would recommend to anyone looking for great service, beautiful view, and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingChristopherDined on 7/17/2014Everytime I step into the restaurant I am greeted by one of the friendliest and most professional staffs who cater to not only all my needs but all the other tables needs quickly and without a fuss. They have one of the best selections of wines and the most amazing crafted specialty cocktails. The food is so good it , that when you leave you crave more despite the fact you are bursting at the seams. I recommend the patio area because it has an amazing view of the Hudson River. One of my favorites and I will always come back and recommend to family and friends!Special Features:
- Great Service, Good Food!LiketoeatDined on 7/17/2014Had a good dinner with my fiancé here Friday evening. We sat on the patio overlooking the Hudson River and TZ Bride and loved the live music played by Jon Gambino. The service was very attentive and most definately profeissional! Our server knew the menu and suggested a great glass of wine to accompany my black seabass! My wife had the scallops, wish there were more on the plate but the taste was right there. The apple tart to end my dinner with a fresh espresso was to die for! Will definately be back to join this Nyack gem for some good food and even better service, they really know how to let you enjoy an evening out, not being rushed, or kicked out to fill our seat! Please visit and enjoy as I have!Special Features:
- Great experienceFoodieDined on 7/17/2014Had dinner here Saturday night with another couple and couldn't have been more pleased. Our server, Patrick, was more than informed of the menu and extremely acomodable. My wife is gluten free and it wasn't an issue at all! The staff was very nice and new how to make us feel "a part of the Rubino family"! We sat at the bar before and had some amazing cocktails and moved on to a table that over looked the beautiful TZ bridge. My filet medallions were cooked perfectly and my apple tart couldn't have hit the spot better. Would defiantly recommend to anyone looking for a great night with amazing food! Cudos to the chef and staff! Couldn't of had a better evening! Thank you Two Spear Street for showing me a new Nyack gem!!!Special Features:
- A very bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014We had drinks at the bar before we were seated and all was fine until we sat down for dinner. There was a hammer banging all through dinner. It was so loud that it was difficult to have a normal conversation with our guests. We complained to the head waiter and instead of seeing what he could do, he said that there was an event the next day, they were finishing the carpet installation and that he couldn't stop the noise in an effort to be ready for the party. We almost left to go to the River Club next door but didn't want to be as rude as the waiter.
- Another great meal.....JanetDined on 7/1/2014I live in Nyack and have been to 2 Spear Street several times, all perfectly lovely meals. This restaurant has a great combination; first class food and wine, relaxed and unpretentious atmosphere. So when 2 out of town friends visited on a hot and muggy summer night, we thought sitting on the river was a great idea. And it was, as best as it could be. Nyack has only 2 restaurants on the river, a fact that I cannot understand, being such a great river town! So 2 Spear St is one of them and even though it is not right on the river, it gets the breeze and the view. O yeah, the food was superb too! Will go back again and again............Special Features:
- disappointed in brunchEuniceVIPDined on 6/29/2014Had been to Two Spear for Restaurant Week, and really enjoyed it. So we brought friends for Sunday Brunch. The food was pretty good, including Lobster sliders and Fritatas. The menu, however, was not a very standard brunch selection. Waiter was fairly nice and knowledgeable, but the bus person was SO annoying, we had to comment on our check. He brought 2 entrees 5 minutes before the other 2, leaving us to let them get cold. And he continued to say "no problem" to every remark. I fear that our society has forgotten to say "you're welcome" or "my pleasure". We will not recommend or return to Two Spear for these reasons, even tho we enjoyed the food. There is so much more to the diner experience than just food!
- Great Place, Food Needs WorkGFerDined on 6/14/2014This scenic location by the Hudson River, just north of the Tappan Zee Bridge in lovely Nyack is a great place for an intimate dinner with a competent bar and decent choices on the menu. Execution of these dishes can be improved somewhat. Everything was too salty for such a fairly high priced restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful outdoor brunchPriscilla582Dined on 6/8/2014My son from NYC took the train to Tarrytown to visit my husband and me for an early afternoon visit on Sunday. We drove across the Tappan Zee to Nyack to Two North Spear and could not have been happier with the choice. We enjoyed a table on the deck with a view of the river, gentle breezes, excellent service, tasty food well presented. There was a function at the Seaport (upstairs) which spilled downstairs and into the restaurant space. The only inconvenience was negotiating the guest crowd to the rest room, surmountable. All of us were pleased with the venue, ambience, and great food! Parking was easy when we arrived at 2:00. When we departed at 3:30, valets had taken over the space probably for the function.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceSuquiDined on 6/6/2014Service Food and the view were extraordinary. I am very happy to recommend this restaurant to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic fries and moreYoginiVIPDined on 6/6/2014This was a super find while traveling. The lovely view of the Hudson and the Tappan Zee bridge was just the beginning. The waitstaff were so welcoming, informative, attentive yet never intrusive. We started with the Parmesan fries...the best I had EVER had and I love my potatoes any way prepared. They were perfectly seasoned, soft on the inside and tangy parmesean and crispy on the outside...perfection. The garlic bread was also terrific. We ordered the panko salmon..delicious and the monkfish....fantastic. The yucca mash was different and super tasty. We were cry pleased. Everything was prepared to perfection and beautifully served. I HIGHLY recommend this spot and kudos to the chef!!!Special Features:
- SusanVIPDined on 6/5/2014Service a little slow, particularly since the place was almost emptySpecial Features:
- Love this restaurantjustsayinDined on 6/1/2014This was my third visit to Two Spear St and was as outstanding as were the first two visits. I have now had three meals in this quiet gem of a place and it is now officially on my favorites list. From the perfectly balanced glass of Reisling to the blend of flavors in the appetizer (chorizo stuffed baby peppers with cilantro) to the succulent short ribs and monkfish entrees, we couldn't have asked for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 45 reviews are from the Two Spear Street New American Restaurant reviews archive.
- Once Again.......JanetDined on 4/26/2014This is a wonderful local restaurant that I have eaten in once in a while, but our meal the other night ws so good that I will be sure to get there more often!! Food was well proportioned and beautifully served. The wine list was decent and even had one of my favorite wines, but it could be better with some SAfrican or Willamette Valley Choices. Service was great, informative and not overbearing. Everyone who left while we were there had a smile on their face!! Vegetarian dishes were absentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy NightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014I had dinner reservations for 2 for 7:30 on a Saturday night. We were seated right on time. The restaurant was very busy and I saw no empty tables. The service was rather slow and I chalk that up to the full house. The noise level was too high. It was even difficult to have a one on one conversation. Aside from that, the food, although it came out slow, was very good and cocktails were spot on. I would go back, however, I would choose a night that typically is not as busy. Perhaps a mid week evening.Special Features:
- Romantic: food was mixedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014This was a very nice dinner. Small, with a nice view if the Hudson. The salads were very nice and big. My wife liked her seafood dish. My steak was very fatty and the chocolate dessert was not that impressive. At times we did hear some music vibrations from the party above. Overall, I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cocktails were delicious!LoriDined on 3/22/2014Cocktails were delicious! Food was excellent! Service very good! All in all a great experience and we would definitely go back. In fact we already recommended this restaurant to a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We visited during restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/20/2014We visited during restaurant week and the choices were great. The wait staff was attentive and gave some very nice recommendations of dishes. Looking forward to returning in the warmer weather to enjoy the outdoor deck seating and enjoy the wonderful view of the Hudson!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PartyFuntoeatDined on 3/20/2014I liked mine but most of my table mates did not one posted she only got 4 scallops and the wine drinkers complained to the waiter about the amount of the pour. Waiter was so nice great piano player but my group would not return tho individually I would w my husband. Tough crowd!!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantMaysinDined on 3/14/2014What a great restaurant, from the decor to the food! The Rabbit Ragu special was out of this world! I was trying to convince them to add that as a permanent menu item! I will definitely come back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a GemFantasticDined on 3/14/2014Fantastic service and food! Definitely a romantic hideaway. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2014So happy to have come here! Amazing food and service. Wonderful piano music!!!! Such a lovely evening. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAlyrunnerDined on 3/13/2014Would highly recommend everything except for the molten lava cake which was not molten, more like a flourless chocolate cake. Great meal.Special Features:
- loved it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/13/2014We went for Hudson Valley Restaurant Week, great value, nice menu selection and excellent service. Looking forward to returning in the nice weather to sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabuliciousEuniceVIPDined on 3/11/2014A tiny little place with an exceptional menu. Not a lot to choose from, but just the right balance of everything. Superb food, service, and wine paring. We had a noisy table next to us, but the acoustics were not bothersome. We will go back, again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Weekend BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014My husband and I went with my brother and sister-in-law to the Valentine's Weekend Brunch. There were 3 courses; you will not leave hungry! There were several choices on appetizers and main course; everyone loved their food. Beautiful presentation as well. And what's not to love about unlimited mimosas? This is not the first time we've been here. We love the ambiance of this place. The staff has always been extremely competent, as well as friendly and informative at the same time. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialWestchesterRestuarantGoerDined on 2/1/2014While the service was lovely, we did not think the food lived up to expectations. Plus the portion sizes were way too big which is a turn off. The ambience was nice.
- The menu is creative and changeswjs9Dined on 1/31/2014The menu is creative and changes often for a lovely variety. The food is exceptional and the chef clearly attends to each detail. Service is friendly, helpful and very attentive. I highly recommend this restaurant for any type of gathering; be it a quiet evening with a partner or a group meal with friends and/or family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fabulous Group Night Out!BrunchieDined on 1/11/2014A group of 11 of us met for dinner and were sat in a private room. The service and attention we received were outstanding. We had several appetizers and entrees which everyone raved about. Several orders of the lobster boats, grilled calamari, shumai, mussels and polenta fries were passed around for appetizers. We really recommend trying any of those! The bone in ribeye special and scallops were a huge hit and cooked to perfection. We all left very impressed with everything this location had to offer. So many hadn't been here before and will absolutely be back for some more tasteful delights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/28/2013We went to celebrate a few family birthdays and were very pleasantly surprised! It was fabulous!!! Great food great atmosphere and service great too!.. I even learned there was a grand ballroom upstairs fit for large weddings parties etc.. We peeke in and it looked great.. Definintely worth it.. We will be back:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints !!!NYGolferDined on 12/13/2013We have been going to 2 Spear Street since it opened. This family owned and operated establishment has found the right formula for creating a wonderful experience. The menu is always interesting with an entree to satisfy everyone's palate The service is impeccable … always present without being intrusive. The room is small providing a feeling of intimacy and moderating the noise level. We always include 2 Spear Street in our list whenever we're looking for a restaurant for a family or special occasion. That you Rubino's for getting it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top ClassBrunchieDined on 12/13/2013The perfect place for my girlfriends and I to have a classy dinner and/or drinks! We love it here. Amazing attention, the best fine dining, and delicious drinks. It's cozy and elegant. No other place feels quite like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing find!Luv2EatOutDined on 12/1/2013We came across this restaurant on open table & WOW - from start to finish. The staff was really friendly and took care of us-our drinks were never unattended. The food was spectacular. We ordered the crispy polenta cake with bolognese which was buttery and full of amazing flavor. For our entrees we had the stuffed pork chop and the sweet potato gnocchi. Enough said! Both dishes were outrageous! We were so pleased and impressed with the meal and experience we wanted to try a desert and were definitely not disappointed. Keeping with the seasonal theme, we ordered a pumpkin cheesecake and donuts that came with 2 dipping sauces. We didn't think it could get any better! We were so happy with our entire experience & will absolutely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Spot in Town!BrunchieDined on 12/1/2013I'm never disappointed at this local gem! Food and service were spot on as usual. Every dish that came out of the kitchen looked better and better - it was so hard to choose one. I eventually decided on the American Fried Rice and my friend ordered the Porcini mushroom Anglinotti. There aren't many places my friend likes to eat at when he comes to Rockland, but the ride up from Brooklyn was well worth it for the food and dining experience here! The dishes were delicious - unique flavors and combinations - and very generously portioned. The chef's menus are inspired, bold and innovative. The staff is incredibly attentive and always makes us feel welcome and taken care of. I'm looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable, easy to haveSherryVIPDined on 11/30/2013Comfortable, easy to have conversation, beautiful scenery, delicious dinner for everyone. Thoroughly enjoyed dinner;, from endive salad to walnut crusted salmon. Warm donut holes for dessert were served with two toppings that were outrageous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.