Two Salmon Cafe
12885 Casino Drive
Anacortes, WA 98221Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Two Salmon Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.swinomishcasino.com/tabid/96/default.aspx
- Phone: 3602932691
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Two Salmon Cafe
The Two Salmon Cafe features a full menu with dishes featuring fresh, local ingredients and recipes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Two Salmon Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OkscotseaDined on 9/20/2014when we got the they had some type of computer problems. the young girls at the counter never said a thkng to us as to what was going on so we stood there for 15 minute woundering what the problem was.... very upsetting . them the lady at the counter was kinda rude . the supervisor came out and explained what was going on he was very good . the food was ok . the service at our tqble was great
- Great Buffet !KwowDined on 6/21/2014GREAT buffet every day + GREAT service + GREAT Food = HAPPY Customer ! THANKS !Special Features:
- The following 49 reviews are from the Two Salmon Cafe reviews archive.
- Why bother with a reservation?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014When we arrived at the casino there was a long line winding around the outside of the restaurant. At the information desk I asked what the procedure was for guests with reservations and was informed we would have to stand in line along with everyone else. When I asked her why anyone should bother to make a reservation she shrugged her shoulders and said, "I have no idea. You're the second person to ask me that today." We got in line and it took 38 minutes to make it to the front of the line. I explained what had occurred to the manager but was not offered a clear explanation or an apology. Unsatisfactory customer service all around. On another note: The food was predictable but the desserts were perfectly awful.
- Good buffetrunwenchDined on 4/20/2014We were there for the Easter Brunch. There was a nice selection of food and it was all very tasty. The service was good and everyone had smiles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Easter Brunch!FEEDMEDined on 4/20/2014Immediate seating ~ Good array of food ~ Omlette station ~ Nice atmosphere with waterfall & dual koi ponds. Everyone was friendly. Nice time!Special Features:
- NOT so Great !!SvenskagirlDined on 4/18/2014Two friends and I went to lunch. Cafe not crowded. Very noisy waterfall made conversing difficult. Hostess had no customer service skills... assumed we wanted the buffet and began to ring us up. We looked at it and were not impressed (not like other casino buffets), so we asked to order from the menu. There is none. We asked for another option. She reluctantly suggested ordering from the bar menu. We had to seat ourselves. A nice waitress brought the bar menu and we ordered. Food was good... service okay. Not nearly as good as the dinner venue 13 Moons. This is the only negative review I have ever had to write for Open Table...
- IF YOU LIKE DUNGENESS CRABARUBADined on 2/28/2014CRAB WAS EXCELLENT. NECTAR FROM MUSSELS WAS GOOD ON RICE. SHARED A SLICE OF CHOCOLATE MOUSE PIE AND PECAN PIE WITH A FRIEND (HE GOT THE LAST PIECE) AND SORRY I WAS TOO FULL TO EAT ONE OR THE OTHER BY MYSELF! PRIME RIB WAS CHEWY AND FRUIT WAS NOT GOOD. I DID NOT UNDERSTAND THE RESERVATION PROCEDURE, ALTHOUGH WE ARRIVED ON TIME FOR OUR 8P RESERVATION WE STILL HAD TO WAIT BEHIND ABOUT A DOZEN PEOPLE THAT DID NOT APPEAR TO HAVE RESERVATIONS BUT IT DID GUARANTEE US A TABLE (WHICH WAS WHY I ASSUMED THAT WE NEEDED A RESERVATION TO BEGIN WITH!?) BY THE TIME WE ACTUALLY GOT TO THE FRONT TO CHECK IN AND BE SEATED (25 MINUTES LATER. A BIT FAR TO DRIVE FROM SEATTLE BUT IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE IN THE AREA, I WOULD GO BACK....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for your moneySandyDined on 2/23/2014We went to for their Prime Rib and Crab Buffet on Sunday night. It cost $18.99 per person (additional 10% off with player's card). Besides the basic buffet items, it includes a dessert bar (with ice cream) and non alcoholic drinks. The prime rib and the snow crab were both tasty and the other items were good, but I wish there were more hot vegetable options. Since the restaurant is next to the casino floor, the smell of cigarette smoke is in the air; therefore unsuitable for people with smoke allergies or sensitivities. The hostess and carving station staff were very friendly and helpful. Our waitress wasn't attentive and we had to flag her down for drink refills. Overall it was a good experience and a great deal for what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservationsJamesDined on 2/14/2014When I made these reservations I thought there would be a specific line. There was none. We stood in line and waited patiently thinking that we would get called but never did. Very poor on thereservation front. If I were running the cafe I wouldn't boast about reservations if you don't do anything about it.
- PackedHatedoindishesDined on 2/14/2014No personal service. This is a feed lot for the masses of sheep that want to eat like pigs.Special Features:
- I made reservations for 6:30PMAsuncionDined on 2/14/2014I made reservations for 6:30PM and when our party got there between 6:00 & 6:15 PM, the table wasn't ready until 7PM. Then we have to line up and pay the cashier which took another 30 minutes. You should have a better way of doing the payment system. We all need to show our ID's and membership card, then we have to sign each receipt. It takes at least 10 minutes for each couple to pass through the cashier. So, with a party of 10, we all had to wait for 50 minutes to get through and eat our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the crab and prawnsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2014Although the crab and prawns were good, the prime rib was somewhat tough on the outside skin. The salad bar had a poor selection and the dessert had a limited selection that looked unappetizing. Overall we were quite disappointed with the buffet and wish we had gone to a competing casino. That said, we really enjoy the accommodations and will continue to stay at Swinomish. The lodge desk staff are very good and professional.
- Once again....very pleasedOzmomDined on 2/7/2014The seafood buffet is wonderful...not just fried fish and popcorn shrimp like some places..The freash crab and shrimp is amazing. Our daughter had called before hand and arranged to pay for our dinner which went very smoothly. The servers were attentive and friendly. Over all a very nice experience,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the Fish?JacksonDined on 12/31/2013Overall, the offerings on the buffet were prepared well and were tasty. However, we were disappointed that there was only a shrimp dish on the menu. No fish- salmon or otherwise- and no crab or lobster. Since the buffet cost about $36/person- and we do realize it was New Year's Eve- we were expecting to find those items.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very dissapointed!!! If youkimosabyDined on 12/31/2013Very dissapointed!!! If you are going to charge that much for dinner you should back it with good food, there was a group of 14 in front of us and hearing there complaints from last year even the kids, seems like you just lost at leased 16 customers and im sure we were not the only dissapointed.
- Wasted MoneyDisappointedDined on 12/25/2013Was in no way worth the money we paid for the Christmas dinner. We will not be going back to that restaurant. will stick to the bingo hall cafe from now on.
- Xmas Buffet smokey, overwhemedDeeandMikeDined on 12/25/2013Did the Christmas buffet. Smokey from gambling side. Bus loads from Senior center arrived and it was extremely crowded and staff got floored. Staff was kind and food was plentiful. Most bland or over spiced. Our reservation was perfect except seating in front of dine area gets blown in cig smoke. Ended up finding a booth ourselves and jammed in. Won't go back because of smoke/ poor ventilation. Will try formal dining area sometime.
- Perfect for Christmas DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2013It was the perfect place to go for Christmas dinner since the two of us worked that day.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving BuffetRocketRodDined on 11/28/2013Enjoyed every dish I had. Buffet's can sometimes be a let down, but everything was hot, prepared well, and yummy!! Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thanksgiving buffetmarnemeDined on 11/28/2013All you can eat Thanksgiving Turkey??? Plus all the trimmings, and more. Can't be beat.Special Features:
- Eating Thanksgiving BuffetJackieDined on 11/28/2013Eating Thanksgiving Buffet was very good. I normally order off the menu and have always been pleased by the food. I haven't tried the new restaurant yet but have heard raves about the food. Looking forward to trying it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday buffet over-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013The Thanksgiving buffet, at twice the price, was not any better than their regular buffet. I expected, at the very least, a nice selection of pies for dessert... nope, same stuff as always. I will go back for the regular buffet but never again for a Holiday buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food!JodieDined on 10/18/2013The Swinomish has a great chef because every time I've come in, the food has been excellent! And their staff is wonderful and attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceAmrseaDined on 9/25/2013Meat was tough, hard to chew, had no flavor. Buffet was disappointing.
- Will give it another tryBobnMartiDined on 9/20/2013We came for our anniversary - crab is our favorite! Some of it was a little salty, but had good flavor. The prime rib was good, vegetables not so much. They were tough and pretty much flavorless. Too much breading on the oysters ( would be good to see pan fried oysters done right in front of us...). The oysters rockefeller? Loved them! Our waitress came at the beginning to see if we wanted something to drink and came back once more a few minutes later. Otherwise we didn't see her again until we were done - as we were leaving. No refills, no extra napkins (had to ask someone else), others came to pick up our finished plates. We would try it again, but not for a while and not for a special event.
- Typical casino fareFeedTheBeastDined on 9/7/2013Went to the BBQ buffet. Very average but what I'd expect from a typical WA casino. Was served hot and they did rotate side dishes during the time we were there. Nothing too notable food wise good or bad. The koi pond was very pretty and they give you fish pellets to feed them which was unique and did add to the experience although once is enough probably wouldn't come back just to eat as there are many local choices that are much better.
- Surprised how good this waslucydoddDined on 8/26/2013For a restaurant in a casino, this place was great. Food was good, service fast and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just your basic casino buffetYoungunsDined on 8/4/2013Was thinking that because this restaurant was on open table that it would be something special and when we got there it was just another casino buffet. Reallynothing special at all. Kind of disappointing really.
- very poor service...ok foodglbcwDined on 6/14/2013we went on Friday for the Seafood Buffet, while the crab, muscles, clams were plentiful, was very disappointed in the lack of salad bar items, no soups, very few other options.. had to wait for someone to come and cut the prime rib.. dessert bar was almost empty, the hot fudge was gone totally, the soft serve was too soft.. the sugar free jello dessert was old. the service was totally lacking... had to ask for more napkins, there were no wet naps available after eating the crab.. We had to flag down our "server" for more iced tea.. she walked by us on numerous occasions and never asked if we needed anything, did not remove dishes nor emptied the shell bowl for a long time.(until a Manager was back on duty we think) we will not go back...
- I felt that the seafood buffetJennyDined on 6/7/2013I felt that the seafood buffet was good, although, the Dungeness crab tasted as though it had been previously frozen. It was watery. Everything else was very good, but we went for the crab.Special Features:
- UnhappymastifffamDined on 5/12/2013They did not accept our reservations and told us we would have to wait 30-40 minutes therefore we left. If they do not accept reservations why are they on open table?Special Features:
- The quality of the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013The quality of the food was very good and there were a lot of items to select. We were impressed with this lunch spot.Special Features:
- Seafood buffet was very good.casperDined on 4/19/2013Seafood buffet was very good. Fresh Seafood and lots of verity of seafood plus Prime Rib too.
- As always after a couple ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013As always after a couple of years I say to my husband lets try the buffet at Swinomish.I have to say we won't do it again overpriced for overcooked food and no good dessert selections.
- I am not really complaining,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2013I am not really complaining, just stating that the food and ambiance are not to our taste. We had tried to get reservations in the larger restaurant and were told that it was sold out. Also, when we presented our online reservation for Two Salmons, the greeters had never seen a form like that before. The presentation of the food is not the best and a better selection of items would be nice. The highlight was that our server found my slot machine print out for $86.00that had falleln out of my bag and gave it to me. She is a very nice and honest employee and she should be rewarded. We gave her a large tip but she should be recognised. I hope you can determine who she is by the date on our reservation.
- its okay but no more thenHungryBearVIPDined on 3/1/2013its okay but no more then a quick place for lunch, buffet is typical of many others
- The Prime Rib Buffet couldOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013The Prime Rib Buffet could definately be improved.
- We hadn't been in for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013We hadn't been in for dinner for about 2.5 years. The quality was definately less than we remembered..... It's okay -- but I wouldn't brag about it.
- Bad Quality Not Worth The PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012I would not recommend anyone eat at this location. On my visit the price was $25.00 per person for the buffett. It was on Christmas day so I normally wouldn't mind paying that much for dinner out on a holiday. However the hot food on the buffett was awful. The prime rib was stuffed full of whole garlic cloves so all you could taste was garlic. The turkey was extremely dry, the stuffing was like paste and the potatoes were as bad as the rest of the meal. If a restaurant is going to charge that much for a meal even if it is a buffett than I would expect that a certain amount of quality control be taken by the staff. By far the worst meal I have ever experienced.
- We went to the Saturday eveingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012We went to the Saturday eveing Prime Rib Buffet, some of the food was not very warm and you can tell had been sitting out for some time. Presentation was nice, quaility of food poor. Canjun fried chicken was very dr, prime rib not as rare as I'd like it. Easier to make rare prime rib medium then the other way around.Special Features: