Two E Bar and Lounge
2 East 61st Street
The Pierre Hotel
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
Bar / Lounge / Bottle ServicePrice: $30 and under
Two E Bar and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://twoeny.com/
- Phone: 2129408113
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Beverage Service: 10:30am-1:00am;
Daily Afternoon Tea: 3:00pm - 5:00pm;
Daily Food Menu: 3:00pm - 12:00am;
Daily Bar: 12:00pm - 1:00am Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Afternoon Tea, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ashfer Biju
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, High Tea, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live @ Two E, every Tuesday a 2 piece jazz band, combines live music, great cocktails and a swank Upper East Side locale. Mad Men themed cocktails to help get you in the mood for the old New York style.
A word from Two E Bar and Lounge
The New York Times acclaimed Two E Bar/Lounge at The Pierre hotel is a dynamic space that serves hotel guests and neighborhood patrons alike. The Alexandra Champalimaud designed space features a striking art deco copper bar as its centerpiece which artfully balances the old world detailing on the classic columns and ceiling. The lounge, which offers beverage service and an elaborate afternoon tea in a residential-style sitting area by day, transforms into a stylish bar that serves up modern cocktails that compliment small plates in a relaxed intimate atmosphere by night. Tuesdays, a live jazz duo provide the perfect ambiance from 6:30pm-9:30pm. Make sure you sample the Two E’s proprietary Gin Gin, a delicious blend of Hendrick’s Gin, Canton Ginger Liquor, fresh cucumber puree and ginger ale.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Two E Bar and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (9)romantic (8)great for brunch (4)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (2)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Love this placeGogoDined on 9/5/2014wonderful ambiance. they are never pretentious. I love this place. dark, very comfortable sofas and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Great experience at this restaurant for afternoon tea. Would highly recommend the Pierre tea blend. Great service, food, and ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014A wonderful tea service. One of the best in Manhattan! We could not finish all of the scrumptious food we were served. So, they packed it up for us to bring home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ☆☆☆☆☆GogoDined on 7/22/2014Wonderful ambience...laid back classy place. Great for meeting friends for drinks. Try the amazing gin-gin infused with cucumber...or tell Paul your mood and he will invent drinks :-) *tip* Go on Tuesday night after work for the live jazz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst afternoon teaBvaddictDined on 6/21/2014Store bought pastries , bad finger sandwiches, scones hard as a rock, bad earl grey (not sure how it was possible). Trying to pass plain whipped cream for Devonshire cream is unforgivable. Lets not even mention the service. Also an afternoon tea is 50% sweet and 50% salty. The platter served to us was unbalanced 75% sweet... I am assuming it is because it is cheaper and provides greatest margins to serve a bunch of poor quality store bought pastries.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Two E Bar and Lounge reviews archive.
- Great sliders and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2014I used my livingsocial voucher which said prix fix meal. There was no prix fix meal, just one item from the menu which was not enough food. The sliders were good. We ordered an assortment of appetizers and they were all ok, nothing great. They had samosas but not chutney. Kabab, but no sauce. Everything seemed incomplete.
- Elegant setting for teaEisraelsVIPDined on 3/31/2014The Two E Bar at the beautiful Pierre Hotel is a lovely setting for afternoon tea. We had the Sweet Tea and there was a nice assortment of tasty pastries and miniature scones with cream and jam. There was a good selection of tea; however, it was not poured by the waiter as in the traditional tea service. In fact, we barely saw the waiter and were unable to order a glass of wine, and it took a very long time to get our bill. The atmosphere is just stunning.Special Features:
- Good Food but Not Enough ...FOODIEVIPDined on 3/22/2014You will leave hungry ... very little food ... too expensive for what you get ...
- Lovely TeaILoveFoodDined on 3/21/2014We enjoyed the royal tea and it was a fantastic experience. It's a pricey tea, but the atmosphere is wonderful, service is excellent and the food is delicious. It was a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday.Special Features:
- 26 decPrittDined on 12/26/2013This is really a hotel lounge, so pretty tricky to find. They play nice jazz music and once a week a jazz band plays. Good service. Because it is a lounge, the amount of food is that much. I wasn't to big on the quesadillas. The small beefburgers were nice, three out of five stars. It's more for a snack. The lounge looks really nice.
- always wonderfulSusyVIPDined on 11/13/2013Exactly what the city needs more of, harkens back to the days of Olde New York when SERVICE was king -- a quiet grown up spot where you can carry a conversation easily; have a business meeting as well. Had mid afternoon full tea service with my hubby. The tea sandwiches and pastries are always fresh, never stale or hard. Seems like they recently changed teapots to bigger ones, which is nice because your server doesn't need to come around as often to refill your hot water. If you find yourself there in the evenings, there is also a really extensive spirits list and tasty bites. 6th (or 7th) time back here and it will not be the last. Consistently outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Afternoon TeaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2013The service was attentive but not overbearing, and the servers did an excellent job of making me feel like the most important person in the room. The house made pastries and scones were spectacular, the clotted cream and jams were rich, and the tea was lovely.Special Features:
- Special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/21/2013The quality of the sweet and savory stuff was superb, very cute small bites, check out the blinis! the Pierre blend for tea is really special, worth to try. The room is not spectacular, but still very elegant. I did not give it five star overall for the price, 55$ is somewhat steep, but worth it for a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A truly royal experience.WindsorBoy59Dined on 7/5/2013We went in for high tea with our 2 teenage daughters. Pricey but well worth the experience of enjoying tea and finger sandwiches in a truly elegant setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSusyVIPDined on 6/24/20132nd time back for a great traditional tea service - a lovely quiet afternoon meeting place. Finger sandwiches are delicious, sweets are plentiful and fresh. Had a 4pm reservation and lingered a while, had a scotch with my companions. The early evening became lively, full of business people and after work meetings. Highly recommend, service has always been wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb afternoon tea service.SusyVIPDined on 6/11/2013The lounge is a quiet and refined spot for conversation. There were several tables filled with business men having midday meetings when we arrived. We had full traditional tea service, sans champagne. The sheer amount of nibbles was very generous. Tea sandwiches were done imaginatively -- along side the traditional cucumber cream cheese were caviar blinis. The sweets and pastries were moist and perfect. The tea selection is wonderful. I highly recommend the Satisphur Assam, a full bodied golden tea with honey notes. No milk or sugar required. My companion had the lemon verbena, which was lovely. Our pots were refilled 3 times without asking and we did not feel rushed, AT ALL. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tea TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/4/2013I had afternoon tea or high tea as some may call it, and it was fantastic. Ive been to a few places in Manhattan for afternoon tea, and this definitely has a lot of variety and food to offer for a great value. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tea at the Pierre. What aAnnieBVIPDined on 3/2/2013Tea at the Pierre. What a great experience. It was the perfect combination of food, service and ambiance that gave two old friends the opportunity to catch up and relax. Will definitely recommend this experience to anyone who enjoys afternoon tea.
- This was my second time goingdnycVIPDined on 12/14/2012This was my second time going for the sweet tea service at the hotel's restaurant. The petits fours and tea are delicious and the service excellent. I just wish the ambiance were a little quieter and a little more indicative of a "high tea" setting - maybe a sign asking people to turn off their cell phones?Special Features:
- Lovely ambiance! We came duringCaraVIPDined on 11/3/2012Lovely ambiance! We came during a shift change, so we had about 3 servers, so that much was odd. But superb tea service and great spot to linger for as long as possible!Special Features:
- Great bar inside Pierre HotelOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2011Cannot say enough about this bar and the great service we received in this beautiful hidden spot. It is a great bar to lounge and relax. They have a Jazz night (Tuesdays) we were lucky enough to be there for. The cocktails had to be the best part of the bar. I wanted to drink them all! Paul the bartender is great! He created a cocktail just by asking what my preferences where. You need to go and ask for Paul!Special Features:
- Very nice place to relax afterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/29/2011Very nice place to relax after a busy NYC day. It was very slow the day we lunched, but great after the Times Square scene.Special Features:
- My husband and I went hereLovetoeatoutVIPDined on 5/1/2011My husband and I went here on a Sunday afternoon for lunch before hearing our son perform at a gathering nearby. It was quiet, which we actually appreciated, although we understood business would pick up at tea team and into the evening for cocktails. The ambiance was wonderful -- very elegant with top notch, attentive, silver tray service. The seating was comfortable. The food was creative and delicious. The prices were relatively reasonable for the area. We would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Nice, quiet place to takeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2011Nice, quiet place to take a date. But closes early (1AM on a Friday night? Really?)Special Features: