8287 S. Dixie Hwy
South Miami, FL 33143Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twochefsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (305) 663-2100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that can accommodate up to 36 people.
A word from Two Chefs
Founder/chef Jan Jorgensen authors innovative weekly menus that feature local and seasonal creations complemented by his legendary signature dishes and famous towering soufflés. Eschewing trends and elevating the authentic, TWOCHEFS’s widely celebrated cuisine embodies an elegant restraint and a purity of ingredients that charm the palate. Lunch and dinner are served by a professional wait staff walking the tight rope between proper and relaxed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Two Chefs - Best Restaurants in South Miami ›
Two Chefs reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (18)romantic (13)good for groups (7)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Disappointing experience.JAR4754Dined on 10/4/2014The food at Two Chefs as always was very good. However, for the second visit in a row we were seated at an undesirable table. Another time they sat us in a corner literally behind a column. This time, we were seated in a plain side room where they hold birthday parties. Both times there were plenty of other tables available, this time in a different room where the mood is definitely sub par.Special Features:
- Nice menuEatingoutDined on 9/29/2014Two Chefs offers a good variety of excellently prepared dishes. I enjoy going for special dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014It was a great find. The food was amazing...from the appetizers to the desserts. The soufflé was excellent. I had a bit of a wait, even though I had made a reservation. The service was good but felt it was a bit rushed. I would definitely recommend it and I definitely want to go try more dishes.Special Features:
- Miami SpiceLOVE2EATFRENCHFOODDined on 9/20/2014The food was good. Had the Miami Spice. Restaurant was terribly noisy and difficult to hear anyone unless you are sitting right next to them. Service was good but very rushed.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantLaurapickDined on 9/12/2014Love the Miami spice menu at Two Chefs. I had the bean and kale soup to start and it was fabulous just what I wanted hearty and well seasoned. My husband had the meatball appetizer which was delicious but a little luke warm for my taste. We both had the New York strip with the bread pudding side. The additional cost for the steaks was well worth it however my one suggestion would be to add some sort of vegetable to this plate. The dessert souffles were out of this world delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant it is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentMiamifanDined on 9/9/2014Great restaurant and Miami Spice offerings . Will surely go back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken so dry, it made me cry!2chefsDined on 9/2/2014We were a party of four & it was our first time at two chefs. The bread & dipping oil were delicious, nice & soft inside with a firm, chewy crust. Our appetizers & dinners were hit or miss. While the meatloaf was scrumptious, the chicken breast was so dry, I honestly think it was "baked" at least an hour longer than needed & 2 days in advance. The drink special was a lemon-drop martini & were the best I've ever had however, when ordered, they took forever to get. I later found out that they were made by hand, one at a time but our waiter never bothered to tell us this. He also didn't offer to replace the soup when the wrong one was delivered to our table We all agreed, we won't be back... too many other great restaurants to bother.
- Total DisappointmentxxxxDined on 9/2/2014The food was ok and wine mediocre, but the service was awful, very slow, and server was clueless as to what was available in the menu. He changed our order because they didn't have the item without telling us or asking if we wanted an alternative. Definitely not good for groups and NOT kid friendly. We were a large group with 3 kids and one of the servers who claimed to be the manager actually told us to "get out and never come back". I had never heard of a restaurant doing that out loud to any customer regardless of the situation.
- Noise levelmeebVIPDined on 8/29/2014Too noisy, conversation difficult, would come more often if it were't such a strain to hearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Two ChefsSal62Dined on 8/29/2014The experience at Two Chefs restaurant weverythng was amazing. The food was great, and we enjoyed our time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food! Kendall's best.WilliamDined on 8/16/2014Each of our party of three had different appetizers and entrees. Fresh greens were wonderful, crab cakes with asparagus superb, tuna was raw, as requested and great. Fettucini with shrimp was a large portion and enjoyed for lunch as well. The flavors with greens, tomatoes and spices in olive oil melded wonderfully. The dessert, Grand Marnier with vanilla sauce and chocolate sauce were excellent. I suggest a little more light for reading the menu or bring your iphone with flashlight app!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, Had reservations.MagsDined on 8/15/2014Great service, Had reservations but was never checked in. Lots of parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service wasn't too goodPiggyDined on 8/12/2014Food was delicious but service wasn't the best. Our food took for ever, glass of water always empty, it seems like he forgot about us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeatloafjhoffmangatorDined on 8/12/2014Just because this place describes itself as American cuisine does not mean it is not delicious.Special Features:
- AReviewAReviewDined on 8/11/2014Outstanding lunch. Salmon absolutely heavenly and souffle always a treat!Special Features:
- Excellent food, service rushedBlecherjDined on 8/9/2014Stellar food, as always. We go here frequently because of it. Our server didn't ask us if we wanted a pre dinner drink and was ready to take the order within minutes of the menus dropped. Dinner, especially as a high end restsurant shouldn't be a race. Curiously, I spoke with the owner about this as a common service issue at restaurants as we were being seated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 46 reviews are from the Two Chefs reviews archive.
- Weekday evening visitCarlosDined on 7/29/2014Not crowded. Upscale ala carte pricing. Great treatment of Miami Spice promotion. Most entrees on the regular menu are included with a small surcharge for a few. Food and service very good. Quantities seem too much as all in our group took half or more home. Souffles are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantghernandezlfwDined on 6/28/2014You will always be pleasantly surprised by their food and flavor. They have a good variety on their menu without too many entrees to go crazy over. Their souffle is the best in town!! For those who like cooking this restaurant also offers a cooking schoolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!DGSKDined on 6/6/2014Service staff were attentive and charming without being intrusive. Anticipated our needs. The food was excellent -- the four of us were all delighted with our choices. The rhubarb and raspberry soufflé was a wonderful combination of favors. The perfect ending along with the rich French press coffee.Special Features:
- Still greatWhininganddiningDined on 5/17/2014We went here with some friends from out of town after not being here in a couple of years. Nice wine list, interesting food choices. Souffles for dessert are a Two Chefs tradition. We all loved it. Only complaint was that it was a bit noisy. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceGramDined on 5/16/2014Food was very good but waiter was inexperienced and appeared impatient. For price would expect better service. Also, felt it was very noisy and conversation difficult.Special Features:
- Delicious relaxationMSB0Dined on 5/2/2014Food and Service impeccable always. This gem of a restaurant never misses; from an excellent wait staff to a delicious always different menu. The best soufflé's ever.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/23/2014First time ...Came from Naples for a nice lunch -- nice atmosphere, pleasant people, good servers, good food. Would return again. Thank you!Special Features:
- ellegantTakiDined on 4/22/2014I have known this place and it's reputation for a long time, but never dined. It was certainly great as I expected. Service was nice, attentive but never overwhelming, ambience was like a New York bistro, and foods were delicious, cooked everything right. When I made a reservation I asked for a special wine and it was there waiting on our table for. They placed us in the nice corner table and it was very romantic. The wine list was not large, but a good selection.Special Features:
- Very cozyCarlosGDined on 4/19/2014This rest always give you delicious food and a nice place to take your wife or girlfriendSpecial Features:
- Foodie diamond in the roughLadylibraDined on 3/29/2014Fantastic cuisine, energetic atmosphere, amazing soufflés (back to the food!) We had a memorable time and will go back. Shopping center just off us1. Who knew??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular appetizer...tunaDrDolittleDined on 3/10/2014Spectacular appetizer...tuna tartare, and one of best desserts I've ever had...blueberry soufflé. Everyone in our party enjoyed their dining experience at Two Chefs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not openedDisappointedDined on 2/17/2014After making my reservation through your page as a surprised bday dinner for my husband, I was the disappointed and surprised to show up there and find the restaurant closed even though even at the door it says open in Mondays. When we called they said they closed for the holidays. I was do embarrassed with my husband and ended up going to another restaurant
- We hadn't been to Two ChefsFoodieDined on 1/25/2014We hadn't been to Two Chefs in years. We recently went for our anniversary and were delighted with the food. Everything was amazing including the chocolate Souffle for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had been at Two Chefs on aVinrodDined on 1/18/2014Had been at Two Chefs on a prior ocassion a couple of years ago, at it was a better experience. The food was only fair and extremely overpriced, the service was haphazard at best. The Soufflé, for which they were known, was a much smaller version of the one served in my prior visit, but it was good. With so many good restaurants in the area I doubt we will be visiting again soon.
- The food and the service werecariocaVIPDined on 1/4/2014The food and the service were excellent. The menu is limited, but offered a far amount of choice. This a lovely, fairly quiet neighborhood gem with superb food and a lovely ambience.Special Features:
- Fantastic FranzloversoffoodDined on 1/3/2014What made our evening special was our waiter Franz. Awesome night! Great service, delicious food and fabulous ambience. I highly recommend Two Chefs. We have been going for 12 years and still love it as much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I live near this restaurantgjp714VIPDined on 12/13/2013I live near this restaurant and hadnt been in a while, the menu is revamped and its awesome , you cant go wrong ,for appetizers awesome baked meatballs , fettucini with pancetta, crabcakes all great, for entree, Branzino incredible , New york strip great , and lots more to choose from , and please save room for desserts , the best souffle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to have the Chef PresentMontyVIPDined on 12/12/2013The best restaurants almost always have the chef present. At Two Chefs, talented Chef Jan oversees the restaurant, prepares dishes himself, and selects wines of note. Service is professional and we can simply say the restaurant has the certain something that makes it worth the visit. Not so easy to get to in South Miami, but leave yourself a little extra time and enjoy something special.Special Features:
- Terrible service food wasOrlandoVIPDined on 12/7/2013Terrible service food was awfull will never go to that place the server told us to go and eat somewhere else since they have no personnel
- Review of foodDindanaDined on 11/30/2013We went to this restaurant about four months ago and everything was great. We took some friends there the other night and the steak was not tender at all and the pork chop was also overdone - they were busy that night so service was slow. Overall it was just ok this time and don't know if i will go back. The food can be expensive if it is not up to par.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceFitForFoodiesVIPDined on 11/26/2013Excellent ambience, food was spectacular and the service was great! Loved the decor, great bar and a nice find (best kept secret) - even if it has been around 13 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationMarkFVIPDined on 11/22/2013I tried the beef stew. Not something I would normally order in a nice restaurant. But, having had the meatloaf before I was curious to try it. Could not have been more pleased with my choice. The sauce, the meat, the veggies, all so flavorful. We had to skip the appetizers this trip because we wanted to have room for the chocolate soufflé. The consistency of the food every time we have eaten here keeps drawing us back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive Let DownAJ19Dined on 11/14/2013We livenearby & always looking for a good neighborhood restaurant. We went in on a Thursday night & were happy to find it was quiet and only three tables full. Unfortunately the decor & ambiance were the only redeeming qualities. Service (in spite restaurant being half empty) was beyond poor, food was not good and the price made it an insult to injury! Won't be going there ever again!
- Always awesomeRogerDined on 9/20/2013This is one of the best restaurants in Miami. If it were in the Gables there would be a line around the block to get in. Always GREAT FOOD and service. Always, a little different and unique. definitly, one of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.