8287 S. Dixie Hwy
South Miami, FL 33143Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twochefsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3056632100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that can accommodate up to 36 people.
A word from Two Chefs
Founder/chef Jan Jorgensen authors innovative weekly menus that feature local and seasonal creations complemented by his legendary signature dishes and famous towering soufflés. Eschewing trends and elevating the authentic, TWOCHEFS’s widely celebrated cuisine embodies an elegant restraint and a purity of ingredients that charm the palate. Lunch and dinner are served by a professional wait staff walking the tight rope between proper and relaxed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Two Chefs reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (15)romantic (11)good for groups (6)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Noise levelmeebDined on 8/29/2014Too noisy, conversation difficult, would come more often if it were't such a strain to hearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Two ChefsSal62Dined on 8/29/2014The experience at Two Chefs restaurant weverythng was amazing. The food was great, and we enjoyed our time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food! Kendall's best.WilliamDined on 8/16/2014Each of our party of three had different appetizers and entrees. Fresh greens were wonderful, crab cakes with asparagus superb, tuna was raw, as requested and great. Fettucini with shrimp was a large portion and enjoyed for lunch as well. The flavors with greens, tomatoes and spices in olive oil melded wonderfully. The dessert, Grand Marnier with vanilla sauce and chocolate sauce were excellent. I suggest a little more light for reading the menu or bring your iphone with flashlight app!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, Had reservations.MagsDined on 8/15/2014Great service, Had reservations but was never checked in. Lots of parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service wasn't too goodPiggyDined on 8/12/2014Food was delicious but service wasn't the best. Our food took for ever, glass of water always empty, it seems like he forgot about us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeatloafjhoffmangatorDined on 8/12/2014Just because this place describes itself as American cuisine does not mean it is not delicious.Special Features:
- AReviewAReviewDined on 8/11/2014Outstanding lunch. Salmon absolutely heavenly and souffle always a treat!Special Features:
- Excellent food, service rushedBlecherjDined on 8/9/2014Stellar food, as always. We go here frequently because of it. Our server didn't ask us if we wanted a pre dinner drink and was ready to take the order within minutes of the menus dropped. Dinner, especially as a high end restsurant shouldn't be a race. Curiously, I spoke with the owner about this as a common service issue at restaurants as we were being seated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekday evening visitCarlosDined on 7/29/2014Not crowded. Upscale ala carte pricing. Great treatment of Miami Spice promotion. Most entrees on the regular menu are included with a small surcharge for a few. Food and service very good. Quantities seem too much as all in our group took half or more home. Souffles are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantghernandezlfwDined on 6/28/2014You will always be pleasantly surprised by their food and flavor. They have a good variety on their menu without too many entrees to go crazy over. Their souffle is the best in town!! For those who like cooking this restaurant also offers a cooking schoolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!DGSKDined on 6/6/2014Service staff were attentive and charming without being intrusive. Anticipated our needs. The food was excellent -- the four of us were all delighted with our choices. The rhubarb and raspberry soufflé was a wonderful combination of favors. The perfect ending along with the rich French press coffee.Special Features:
- Still greatWhininganddiningDined on 5/17/2014We went here with some friends from out of town after not being here in a couple of years. Nice wine list, interesting food choices. Souffles for dessert are a Two Chefs tradition. We all loved it. Only complaint was that it was a bit noisy. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceGramDined on 5/16/2014Food was very good but waiter was inexperienced and appeared impatient. For price would expect better service. Also, felt it was very noisy and conversation difficult.Special Features:
- The following 41 reviews are from the Two Chefs reviews archive.
- Delicious relaxationMSB0Dined on 5/2/2014Food and Service impeccable always. This gem of a restaurant never misses; from an excellent wait staff to a delicious always different menu. The best soufflé's ever.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/23/2014First time ...Came from Naples for a nice lunch -- nice atmosphere, pleasant people, good servers, good food. Would return again. Thank you!Special Features:
- ellegantTakiDined on 4/22/2014I have known this place and it's reputation for a long time, but never dined. It was certainly great as I expected. Service was nice, attentive but never overwhelming, ambience was like a New York bistro, and foods were delicious, cooked everything right. When I made a reservation I asked for a special wine and it was there waiting on our table for. They placed us in the nice corner table and it was very romantic. The wine list was not large, but a good selection.Special Features:
- Very cozyCarlosGDined on 4/19/2014This rest always give you delicious food and a nice place to take your wife or girlfriendSpecial Features:
- Foodie diamond in the roughLadylibraDined on 3/29/2014Fantastic cuisine, energetic atmosphere, amazing soufflés (back to the food!) We had a memorable time and will go back. Shopping center just off us1. Who knew??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular appetizer...tunaDrDolittleDined on 3/10/2014Spectacular appetizer...tuna tartare, and one of best desserts I've ever had...blueberry soufflé. Everyone in our party enjoyed their dining experience at Two Chefs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not openedDisappointedDined on 2/17/2014After making my reservation through your page as a surprised bday dinner for my husband, I was the disappointed and surprised to show up there and find the restaurant closed even though even at the door it says open in Mondays. When we called they said they closed for the holidays. I was do embarrassed with my husband and ended up going to another restaurant
- We hadn't been to Two ChefsFoodieDined on 1/25/2014We hadn't been to Two Chefs in years. We recently went for our anniversary and were delighted with the food. Everything was amazing including the chocolate Souffle for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had been at Two Chefs on aVinrodDined on 1/18/2014Had been at Two Chefs on a prior ocassion a couple of years ago, at it was a better experience. The food was only fair and extremely overpriced, the service was haphazard at best. The Soufflé, for which they were known, was a much smaller version of the one served in my prior visit, but it was good. With so many good restaurants in the area I doubt we will be visiting again soon.
- The food and the service werecariocaVIPDined on 1/4/2014The food and the service were excellent. The menu is limited, but offered a far amount of choice. This a lovely, fairly quiet neighborhood gem with superb food and a lovely ambience.Special Features:
- Fantastic FranzloversoffoodDined on 1/3/2014What made our evening special was our waiter Franz. Awesome night! Great service, delicious food and fabulous ambience. I highly recommend Two Chefs. We have been going for 12 years and still love it as much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I live near this restaurantgjp714VIPDined on 12/13/2013I live near this restaurant and hadnt been in a while, the menu is revamped and its awesome , you cant go wrong ,for appetizers awesome baked meatballs , fettucini with pancetta, crabcakes all great, for entree, Branzino incredible , New york strip great , and lots more to choose from , and please save room for desserts , the best souffle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to have the Chef PresentMontyVIPDined on 12/12/2013The best restaurants almost always have the chef present. At Two Chefs, talented Chef Jan oversees the restaurant, prepares dishes himself, and selects wines of note. Service is professional and we can simply say the restaurant has the certain something that makes it worth the visit. Not so easy to get to in South Miami, but leave yourself a little extra time and enjoy something special.Special Features:
- Terrible service food wasOrlandoVIPDined on 12/7/2013Terrible service food was awfull will never go to that place the server told us to go and eat somewhere else since they have no personnel
- Review of foodDindanaDined on 11/30/2013We went to this restaurant about four months ago and everything was great. We took some friends there the other night and the steak was not tender at all and the pork chop was also overdone - they were busy that night so service was slow. Overall it was just ok this time and don't know if i will go back. The food can be expensive if it is not up to par.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceFitForFoodiesVIPDined on 11/26/2013Excellent ambience, food was spectacular and the service was great! Loved the decor, great bar and a nice find (best kept secret) - even if it has been around 13 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationMarkFDined on 11/22/2013I tried the beef stew. Not something I would normally order in a nice restaurant. But, having had the meatloaf before I was curious to try it. Could not have been more pleased with my choice. The sauce, the meat, the veggies, all so flavorful. We had to skip the appetizers this trip because we wanted to have room for the chocolate soufflé. The consistency of the food every time we have eaten here keeps drawing us back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive Let DownAJ19Dined on 11/14/2013We livenearby & always looking for a good neighborhood restaurant. We went in on a Thursday night & were happy to find it was quiet and only three tables full. Unfortunately the decor & ambiance were the only redeeming qualities. Service (in spite restaurant being half empty) was beyond poor, food was not good and the price made it an insult to injury! Won't be going there ever again!
- Always awesomeRogerDined on 9/20/2013This is one of the best restaurants in Miami. If it were in the Gables there would be a line around the block to get in. Always GREAT FOOD and service. Always, a little different and unique. definitly, one of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and serviceSynergy928Dined on 9/14/2013It just does not get better. We went because the Miami spice menu looked great, and found a restaurant that we will return to again and again. The food was spectacular. It is rare that salmon is served soft and moist with a very crisp crust - that requires a skilled chef and perfectly used specialized equipment. And the vegetables? Crisp/tender. Amazing, can't wait to go back.the service was top notch too. The only disappointment was the "wine of the week" which was not really up to the quality of the food. Next time we will just exercise independent choice on the wine front.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will come back next time in miamipaulDined on 9/11/2013food was great. service was professional. loved the dessert souffles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- two chefsluv2dineVIPDined on 9/9/2013above average neighborhood restaurant. excellent service. very good quality food and presentation. gourmet menu. great !!! Miami Spice for lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Two ChefsHomeCookerDined on 8/26/2013Waiter would not relay a request for a side dish change ((swap the side that came with the salmon (goat cheese) for the one that came with the double chop Bread Pudding)). I do not understand why that would be a problem. Was surprised with the smoky flavor of the double chop. Was enjoyable but I wasn't really in the mood for "BBQ". But in hindsight I guess I should have realized that because of the corn salsa it was served with. Otherwise, we thoroughly enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The absolute best menu forLeeAbbDined on 8/21/2013The absolute best menu for Miami Spice. It's the entire menu and no skimping on portions.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2013There were 3 in our party, and we were quite disappointed with this restaurant. The service was horrible...we were rushed through each course, including in the serving of our wine. The crabcake appetizer was mediocre, with too much filler. The swordfish was dry. The beef cheeks were too fatty and gelatinous. The Grand Marnier souffle was average, as was the pistachio souffle. We would definitely not return to dine at this restaurant, nor would we recommend it to anyone.
- Good food. Ok service. Loud room.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2013Food was delicious however our waiter had no interest in explaining the menu items or the special. We were not offered wine although we mentioned it before ordering dinner. We later had to flag someone down to order a bottle. I think for the price of the dishes the service was lacking. And the noise level is quite high. No background music. Which is fine. But we could not hear each other from across the table. Maybe because of the large miami spice crowd. We couldn't hear our waiter either and he wasn't happy to have to repeat himself. Overall we did have a pleasant time and would return, just maybe not during miami spice months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old SchoolOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/10/2013Two Chefs is quite popular with, I think, an older crowd (considering I'm in my Sixties, I ought to count among them). But, it's food and style are very much old school and, in my opinion, out of date. One and done, I do not expect to return as the food is just too heavy and there are so many more satisfying spots at which to dine.