Twisted Vine Bistro
2214 Bay Street
Fort Myers, FL 33901Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Twisted Vine Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://twistedvinebistro.com/
- Phone: (239) 226-1687
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: Lunch 11:00am-2:00pm
Monday-Sunday: Dinner 4:30pm-Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian McCarley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: All catering events will feature a customized menu based on clients budget. We can do it all! For inquiries please contact Denise Hollister at 262.880.8717.
- Private Party Facilities: Twisted Vine Bistro is our vision to gather people, who share the appreciation of specialty foods, good company, and live music.
- Private Party Contact: Denise Hollister 2392261687
- Entertainment: Every Friday evening Patrick Jerome performance starting at 6:30pm.
- Special Events: Art Walk: First Friday of every month.
Music Walk: Third Saturday of every month.
A word from Twisted Vine Bistro
Twisted Vine Bistro located in downtown Fort Myers' historic river district, prides itself in an extraordinary dining experience. We offer only the freshest seafood, certified Angus Beef, and other unique innovative entrees. We also feature an extensive boutique wine list, with over thirty wines by the glass, and Twisted Vine Bistro even grows herbs and spices in our courtyard garden!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Twisted Vine Bistro - Best Restaurants in Fort Myers ›
Twisted Vine Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (13)good for groups (13)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (10)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- amazing bartendercollieVIPDined on 11/22/2014Service was shockingly amazing this time We sat at bar, food was great stay away from steak tips. Very Dr y over cooked Kitchen was blowning it all night Sent one meal out. Then brought the side to accompany other meal out They sent one meal to another table quite a mess however food was great and service amazing . No manager ever came over with any apologiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Found this gem in Ft. Myers in the neighborhood of a theater. The food was great-fabulous brussel sprouts and a delicious salad. My husband was quite pleased with his duck and seafood martini. Very nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!!EnjoyingDowntownDined on 11/15/2014We'd hoped for heaters in the courtyard for outside dining on a cool night. Since there were none, we chose a high top for 4 next to the window, which was perfect. Looking for small plate dining, my dining partner and I ordered and split a fabulous Caesar Salad and the BEST flatbread to enjoy along with house wines. Terrific dinner and very attentive service from 'Tim'. We will certainly return and recommend! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and UnfriendlyPassDined on 11/14/2014I took a friend here who was visiting from out of town. I had been here before with a group and sat outside. We had a great time so I was hoping for the same. Poorly mistaken. It was so loud we could barely hear eachother talk amongst ourselves at our four-top. The waiter was one of the most unfriendly I have ever encountered. I have had much better service at Cheddars! Once he realized we weren't ordering a bottle of wine, we became second class customers to him. Being a former waitress myself, I have a hard time understanding how unfriendliness and an attitude will work in your favor when you are working for tips. Our appetizer came out two minutes before our entrees did and they forgot to bring my friend's salad entirely. My boyfriend salmon was dry and the tuna tartar was bland and nothing spectacular. With their prices one would expect high quality service and delectable dishes. Well, we had neither and will not be returning.
- Wedding Anniverary DinnerINJWDined on 11/11/2014We were looking for a special neighborhood resturant for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. The service, wine and food was excellent. After our dinner, we were given an anniversary card signed by the staff members...that was very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2014Had dinner at Twisted Vine, downtown Fort Myers, tonight and was very disappointed to say the least. The servers attitude was unfriendly. The shrimp and grits was a little "fishy" while my filet was satisfactory. They made a mistake on the wine selection, wouldn't admit it initially but reluctantly corrected the mistake, without admitting fault. We thought we found a restaurant to add to our rotation but now have our doubts. Probably won't go there anytime soon
- Very Good Food / ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014The food was very good. The service was very good, especially since we had tickets for the play. The waiter made sure that we were done in plenty of time for the play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unseasoned meatsMsDisappointedDined on 11/7/2014We had the chicken, filet and snapper and none were seasoned. Completely bland.Special Features:
- Great food with outstanding serviceTribecafanVIPDined on 11/7/2014Friday night meal in busy restaurant. Excellent food - our group of three all had different food and we were all happy. The lobster mac and cheese is how all macaroni and cheese should taste. Great wine list too and very reasonable prices. Our server was super helpful in recommendations and communicative when the kitchen got backed up but we barely noticed the delay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/7/2014Recommend by friends that loved it. I took a party of 5 everything was wonderful. Can't wait to return with just my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant is open for dinner!UrblazeDined on 11/6/2014Open table is only listing it as being open for lunch but they definitely have dinner. A fabulous dinner menu at that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014I have dined out often and have not found anything in this area that has the unique flavors and combinations. Wonderful atmosphere and great service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014The food was great, but the service was not. Our main course came very quickly and timely, but we waited 30 minutes from the time we ordered coffee and dessert until it was served. The waiter was rushed and never appeared timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place ever!DragonflyDined on 11/1/2014Food was excellent, not the same old stuff! The server was very attentive and we thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and dining experience!TanderVIPDined on 11/1/2014I was at this place for the first time with a new romantic interest, and we had a great meal and a wonderful dining experience. The food was terrific, the wine list was very extensive, their bar personnel were very knowledgeable and overall it was excellent. They take reservations and have high top and low top tables, so put that preference into your Open Table reservation. The server we had was new to town and new to the restaurant but she was friendly and attentive. We are looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Fall EveningdjmarshDined on 10/30/2014We were seated in the Courtyard and enjoyed a great early fall evening. The Mahi-Mahi was perfect! A visit from owner Steve topped off the evening! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great Pre-Theater Spotama1VIPDined on 10/30/2014Warmly welcomed by hostess and service was great. They support the local theater so a free glass of wine was offered with our tickets. Entrees can be a little pricey but are very good (previous visit). Opted for 2 small plates which were very filling and good value. The calamari were great and the shrimp and grits were a little spicy but very good and such a substantial size that we wondered how big the entree could be. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient to Downtown EventssweetmanateeDined on 10/29/2014Our group of six ladies has season tix for Florida Rep. Imagine all six agreeing that the food is great, the prices are a good value, and it is convenient to the Arcade Theater. This is our second year of enjoying pre-show lunch before each show and we plan to continue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotPc1029VIPDined on 10/26/2014Took friends & no one was disappointed. Sun. Evening not crowded which made service even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romanticstoobDined on 10/24/2014A great place for an evening of romantic dining and great food.Special Features:
- Surfer47Dined on 10/22/2014The Twisted Vine was excellent from the service to the food. Although I made a reservation and it wasn't needed due to the small number of people in the restaurant, I would recommend making one in the future as the snow birds return. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/13/2014Was disappointed during this visit to Twisted Vine. Food wasnt the quality I ve had in the past and service was not very good. Will give another chance tho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!HyphensDined on 10/3/2014Always good food and service. They have one of the best wine list in townSpecial Features:
- FineManhattanTasteDined on 9/21/2014I hosted a friend's birthday with a Sunday Brunch at the Twisted Vine. The food was delicious, the setting was very comfortable and the staff was courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014We have been to this restaurant a few times over the last two years, it is always one of those place where you know you can find a great meal and a very nice glass of wine. The food was very good. The cheese plate was great -missed the more exotic fruit available, but we have always enjoyed the presentation and selection. The restaurant was unusually quiet for a Wednesday night. The servers were wonderful and very attentive. The only thing I really could have done without was the drunk guy from the bar, coming over to our table with his shot glass and hitting on my underage daughter. Yuck. Seems he is a fixture and knows the staff. Maybe he was having a bad night, but I didn't need him in our space. Other than that - a great night.Special Features:
- Great placesms9597Dined on 9/16/2014My dinner was suggested to me by the bartender working that night. Needless to say it was delicious. I made sure to thank him for the great service and recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014They grow their own herbs and only buy fresh organic whenever possible.Special Features:
- Out of TownersGregVIPDined on 9/8/2014This is our second visit to Ft Myers and to Twisted Vine and 3 years apart. Both meals were great, the place is fun, the food is very good, the wine list very nice and the service friendly. We shared 4 or 5 small plates all had great flavors ! Two bottles of very nice wine and it didnt break the bank ! We will be back and hopefully sooner !Special Features:
- Saturday Night with FriendsFunLovingGalDined on 9/6/2014Restaurant was moderately busy, jazz musician playing which was pleasant. Bar service fair, table service good. Surroundings and décor in line with a bistro atmosphere. Food good, some portions on the smaller side. Restaurant added 20% tip to bill which always leaves a bad taste in my mouth as I believe the tip to be a your discretion and not that of the restaurant, we were not a large party (6 people)! Unlikely to rush back.Special Features:
- good food,fair service,hokey musicIKnowWhatImTalkingAboutDined on 8/30/2014The food was good. The waiter was a little short on patience and manners. The music...sax player with computerized rhythm section was just hokey...actually worse than elevator music. Either have a whole live group (which is hip) or go with good jazz CDs.Special Features:
- First rate Saturday eveningfoodandwineDined on 8/30/2014Always have a memorable time at the Twisted Vine. Hosted another couple who were visiting and they were equally impressed. Generally have seafood... but had the fillet this time and it was one of the most delectable fillets I've ever had. The 'super Tuscan' was unbelievable.Special Features:
- Good Value, Good Food!SharonBVIPDined on 8/28/2014I had been to Barrett's twice for lunch and suggested that my husband and I should try it for dinner. A nice surprise, Thursday night is half price wine night, and the wine list is quite extensive. My husband had a strip steak and I had Chilean sea bass. Added bonus: live music! The preparation, presentation, and service were lovely. This is a great find--a good value for good food with nice ambiance. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- DisappointmentsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014I was disappointed as I thought this was an upscale restaurant which I was prepared to enjoy. When I saw the TV's I was shocked and felt if I had wanted to go to a sports bar type restaurant then that is what I would have gone to and certainly paid less. My husbands food was delicious as was the appetizer, but I had the special which was pistachio encrusted red snapper. It was served with a lot of oil on the plate and the black wild rice literally had no flavor. The waiter was very nice and spoke pleasantly with us. It was our anniversary and we always try to dine at a different restaurant for special occasions and this one was a disappointment. Sorry for the negative review but you requested it and I had to be honest.
- Great food for friendsFreddyeFabulousFoodsDined on 8/16/2014When dining at the Twisted Vine, you find yourself in a comfortable setting amongst a vast crowd, fabulous food, notable wine selection, and a meal to talk about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 245 reviews are from the Twisted Vine Bistro reviews archive.
- Saturday lunchDaveVIPDined on 7/26/2014Good selection for noon time meal. Everything tasted delicious. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurantsHyphensDined on 7/24/2014The food is always amazing and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- Great find in downtown Ft. Myerssarasotagirl01VIPDined on 7/23/2014I had to spend three evenings in Ft. Myers on business. I ended up eating here three nights in a row...the food was so good and reliable. Nice bar. Very good by the glass wine selection. Great service. I highly recommend Twisted Vine.Special Features:
- FloridagalDined on 7/19/2014The menu is interesting without being snobby. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/18/2014We have visited the Twisted Vine several times and always have a great meal. We always request Quinn as our waiter he takes awesome care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Night is a big hit!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014We learned of your Ladies Night through word of mouth. My friends and I have attended twice now and plan on coming back for more. We were impressed with the great hors d'oeuvres, the extensive wine selection, the great giveaways and the overall upscale look of the restaurant. If we have any complaint at all, it's that this event has become so popular that the place becomes so packed you can barely squeeze between the tables. And the noise level when you gather that many women together is quite high.Special Features: