Twisted Rose Winery and Eatery
15040 N Northsight Blvd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Twisted Rose Winery and Eatery
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.twistedrosewinery.com/
- Phone: 4803987700x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11am - 9pm - Open for Lunch
Friday 11am - 10pm - Open for Lunch
Saturday 4pm-10 pm - Open for Dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Chef Indy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: At Twisted Rose Catering we take conservative, traditional food and twist the flavorings, adding healthy fresh fruits and vegetables and passing on to the consumer. Our mind set is to go against the grain and our “why not” philosophy is the foundation of the professional and personable company that is a Twisted Rose. We pride ourselves on being different and unique, focusing on quality, not quantity! We are passionate about our food creations and truly enjoy what we do every day. Twisted Rose will help make your event one to remember.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Thursday evening.
- Special Events: Monthly wine club tasting events.
A word from Twisted Rose Winery and Eatery
Locally owned, Twisted Rose Winery and Eatery is soon to be Scottsdale's favorite wining and dining experience. Located in the airpark district, Twisted Rose has created an atmosphere that attacks the casual dinner as well as making that special night out spectacular. But it is the divine cuisine, our choice wines, and craft beers that keep you coming back. Twisted Rose offers a simple flavorful menu that will satisfy even the hard to please palate. Our wines along with choice boutique wines strive to offer great verity and quality for all wine connoisseurs. Try Twisted Rose once and you will be back for more. Try a glass and purchase a bottle to take home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Twisted Rose Winery and Eatery - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Twisted Rose Winery and Eatery reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (11)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (10)romantic (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (5)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- SJMBVIPDined on 9/17/2014This is a hidden gem. Food is great but location is challenging. Don't be put off...try it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GenCareyDined on 8/29/2014Twisted Rose Winery is slightly hidden, but worth the search! With a large selection of wines produced by them, plus wines from other wineries, you will not be disappointed! Ask for a flight (not mentioned on the menu), and enjoy the flight while eating the Bruschetta - very yummy! Then enjoy your favorite glass picked from your flight while enjoying a entree from a great selection of meals. Go, experience for yourself, then pass on the word about this hidden gem to your friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great SurpriseTroseVIPDined on 8/26/2014Owner, staff, food, wine..all worth going back to. Have been back within 24 hours.Special Features:
- fountainhillsDined on 8/26/2014Fabulous local neighborhood find. Great atmosphere, owners & staff very accommodating, delicious food & wine selection.Special Features:
- August 23rd dinnerDougVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is our third visit to Twisted Rose in less than 6 weeks. Rumor has it that management has changed. The menu is the same, but what we've ordered in the past wasn't as good this trip. Service was slow-even though the restaurant wasn't packed.
- Wonderful ExperienceLuvnwineDined on 8/22/2014This was our first time at Twisted Rose Winery and Eatery. We took our friends there to celebrate a 55th birthday. We had a wonderful time!! The food was great, the service was top notch and the wine was awesome. We got to meet one of the owners and take a tour of the wine making area. Was very informative and interesting to see and hear how the wine is made and bottled. We will MOST definitely come back again!!!Special Features:
- A small gemdanaz99Dined on 8/16/2014We had been to Twisted Rose Winery and Eatery several times for happy hour drinks and finger-food, but not a sit-down dinner. Also, we hadn't been there since a change of ownership earlier this year. All in all, we had a very pleasant meal. Our server was attentive and friendly, the wine was excellent (naturally) and the food was excellent. I particularly like the atmosphere of Twisted Rose. It's not at all stuffy or pretentious, and the low noise level is conducive to dinnertime conversation. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Charming!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014We absolutely loved this place and the owners were personable and very accommadating. Great food!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014We were meeting out of town friends and it was a little hard to find. Once we all settled in it was a very relaxing evening. The food was great and we all enjoyed the wine selections. I would recommend Twisted Rose to anyone who wants to visit with friends in a comfortable environment to enjoy good conversation, good food and good wine.Special Features:
- Good. Needs some tweakingrcarsDined on 7/13/2014Four of us had wine, apps, salads, and a burger. All the food was fine. Not outstanding...but fine. A couple of things: The menu is all over the place. It's not a large menu, but what is there confused me. Happy Hour should be extended to seven days. That would help. Location is a problem. In a retail center that was difficult to locate. Pricing was a bit steep. Staff was very helpful and attentive. Would we return? If I lived in the neighborhood. However, I'm 20 miles away and there are places closer...and at this writing, better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- terriblenonoDined on 6/28/2014It was Saturday night at 715, and there were only a few customers...now we know why. The waitress didn't want to help us when she saw we had a living social deal. I ordered a chardonnay, and actually think she brought the wrong wine, as it tasted more like a sauvignon blanc. My salmon was barely warm, and my husbands fries were the same, so the food was marginal, but the service was awful. We ordered bread pudding for dessert, which took over 15 minutes to arrive. We tried to get her attention to cancel it at that point, and finally the bartender came over. We then saw her a few minutes later, coming out of the kitchen, and she stopped to talk with another gal for at least a minute before she brought the COLD bread pudding.......NEVER GO
- EnjoyableAZRODined on 6/27/2014After a movie on Friday evening, myself and four friends went to the winery. We had reservations and had requested a round table. Upon arrival, our round table was waiting. The service was excellent and the food absolutely DELICIOUS! This was our second visit. The owner came and spoke with us. We were not rushed and were able to relax and chat. Enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem of casual diningNevadaSmithDined on 6/27/2014After reviewing this eatery on Open Table, we decided to give it a try. A little difficult to find for out of towners but well worth the effort. The menu offered some unusual entrees. Our choices were delectable and well presented. The service was impeccable and properly attentive. One of the best finds was their in house Gold Petal Chardonnay. The wine has distinct fruit favors with a bold buttery finish. The Chard is reminiscent of top Russian River boutique labels. We would highly recommend adding the Twisted Rose to your "try me" dining list. We purchased an additional bottle to add to our cellar but unfortunately dropped it while getting out of the car, Oops! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- millerVIPDined on 6/27/2014Very good experience. 4 of us. All entrees very good. Great macaroni and cheese. Nice sized salads. Nice wine selection with reduced prices for happy hour and able to try several. Chicken Picatta very good. WIll definately go back to try other options.Special Features:
- What a great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014The staff was very polite, even after we changed our order while the server was plugging it into the computer. It was a very casual and comfortable atmosphere, not the typical noisy bar scene I've grown tired of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favoriteterriDined on 6/21/2014I went a few time with friends and then took my husband. It's now one of our favorite places to dine out. It's quaint and comfortable, the food and wine are great. I personally love the open faced steak sandwich. The manager recognized us the last time we came in. That's great customer service. Highly recommend the Twisted Rose!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice surprise!Mum24VIPDined on 6/14/2014The food was excellent! I was quite surprised at the quality of food and wonderful flavors! Their macaroni and cheese with bacon lardons is the very best I have ever had! My husband had an excellent filet and I chose the chicken piccata. Sons had the pasta special and burger- both delicious! Daughters also enjoyed their kids meals and ate well. The menu is not large for dinner entrees, but 4 dishes from it were all beyond our expectations! Very friendly, warm welcome and service. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- too much balsamic vinegarNamersDined on 6/13/2014Over all food was OK the chef special pasta was amazing . But they put balsamic vinegar EVERYTHING that came out of the kitchen. I'm not a fan of the vinegar they douse the appetizers in it. All over my pasta and all over my a husbands open faced steak sandwhich. Overall I wouldn't eat her again it took at least 45 Mims just for our appetizers to come out. Service was very slow.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014The food was great. The service was a little slow but it was Saturday night and we weren't in a hurry. Will definitely comeback again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemTammieDined on 6/7/2014This was my first visit to Twisted Rose Winery. I had purchased a Deal Chicken deal which expired in April but saw that the value would still be honored at the eatery. From the moment I entered the restaurant the staff was friendly and accommodating. We were quickly greeted and brought to our table. I mentioned the Deal Chicken coupon and the hostess (I believe she was the owner) indicated it would be no problem at all honoring the expired coupon. Our waitress was extremely friendly and helpful. When asked if she would recommend the salmon or chicken piccata she quickly said the chicken was her favorite. I went ahead and ordered the chicken and I was not disappointed. It was delicious! Wine was good and the bread pudding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Recommenddinner42Dined on 6/7/2014We had a wonderful dining experience here. We really just took a chance with a Groupon and we were happy we did! The service was wonderful and the food was delish! And, it was quiet...just what we needed for 2 people who don't get out much without our kiddos. We could actually talk in low voices and still hear each other. The food portions were perfect...not too much food. And they had a nice selection of their own wine.Special Features:
- New Owners & NICE!PhxLHDined on 5/31/2014Recently has new owners and changes in overall felling of the place is noticable. Nice, small, intimate. Makes some of the wines they sell. Food & service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HANDMGVIPDined on 5/30/2014There was a screw up with the reservation BUT the owners made us comfortable, apoligized profusily and compted us our appetizers. We didnt want to leave as we had been there before and the food is outstanding...and we were taking friends for the first time. They were glad we waited as they too were very pleased with the food. We even got a tour of the wine filling room which was very interesting as we have travelled extensively to the wind country in northern california and arizona as well.Special Features:
- The following 115 reviews are from the Twisted Rose Winery and Eatery reviews archive.
- Hidden GemDaveHVIPDined on 5/22/2014I found Twisted Rose on Open Table and decided to try it for lunch. We arrived at 13:45 and it was practically empty. We were greeted immediately and escorted to a patio table. We were offered a taste of the summer sangria and then ordered two different glasses of their personally created wines. Both were very good but not as complex as I generally prefer. The food, however, was amazing! We shared the faro salad, which was the best I have ever had filled with perfectly prepared faro a generous portion of almonds, and arugula in a goat cheese sauce. Tasty and very filling. We also shared the salmon BLT, a creative "Twist" on a traditional sandwich. For dessert, we shared this week's rendition of their bread pudding. Over all, delightful!Special Features:
- Great Mac and cheeseSkipVickiVIPDined on 5/18/2014Creamy, gooey, yummy! Would eat here again and try more dishes! Late Harvest Riesling was delicious too!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine and serviceGregDined on 5/17/2014Had a great time, the food was great, the wines we very good and the service was fantastic. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and wine.ChrisVIPDined on 5/16/2014New owners but the menu is the same. Nice selection, good food and wine. Casual, good for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- yanniDined on 5/11/2014This is a unique type of restaurant; one that pays notable attention to the wine side but with good food at reasonable prices. The service is always spot on and the owners are very personable and attentive.Special Features:
- Twisted RosemskcckDined on 5/8/2014Very good food, excellent service, nicely decorated, lots of wine choices. Music on Thursday was very good. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great Find in ScottsdaleMartyDined on 4/18/2014Twisted Rose offers a great wine and food selection. The filet was tender and delicious, while the chicken picata although not quit an itlain flare offered a well balanced flovvoring of capers and lemon. The wines list is extensive and they have their own offrings. I recomment the Late Harvest Riesling, which was like drinking liquid gold, the flavor and sweetness were remonicent of a great late harvest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerKBRRDined on 4/18/2014Great food. Great wine. Great people. Slow serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HandMGHANDMGVIPDined on 4/17/2014What a great find. Fantastic food, waiter was very knowledgable and friendly. Surprise they do wine making on the premises. The two we tasted were very good, especially the Shraiz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinner for 2Diner2Dined on 4/12/2014We were seated and greeted by a knowledgeable server who explained how the Deal chicken certificate worked. We enjoyed the choice of wine(muscat). We shared the appetizer and the dessert as was the policy. Our entrees were good, although not overly large. Service between courses was slow. The value for what we paid for the certificate was fine, but was DEFINITELY NOT $112 value and not what I would classify as "romantic".
- Nice Nieghborhood SpotrgmaggDined on 4/11/2014It was a little to find, perhaps due in part to our not being familiar area. The staff was friendly and the food and wine were fine. We would definitely return if we were in the Scottsdale area. Prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- Great Wine & ServiceShortStuffCourtDined on 4/11/2014We found Twisted Rose Winery on Yelp and were surprised that it was so close to us and have never heard of it before. This place has great waiters/service, great wines and decent food. I got a wine flight and a Tuscan chicken sandwich and my boyfriend got a flight and fish and chips (which he said was the best he's had outside of England). Would go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent. Only issueCasandraDined on 4/5/2014Food was excellent. Only issue with the service was we asked that my salad come out with the appetizer because I was eating the salad and my date was eating the appetizer... and we had to ask for the salad, after the appetizer was eaten other than that it was a great dining experience. And we will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good food and wineTwo2travelVIPDined on 3/30/2014My husband and I had the opportunity to eat here on Sunday evening. Our server Robert was very attentive and knowledgeable about both the menu and wine list. His recommendations were spot on. I had the chicken piccata which was wonderful and the wines which were made in house were surprisingly very good. We were impressed and will definetly be back when we are in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and wineChrisVIPDined on 3/28/2014Very pleasant place. Limited but interesting menu. Local wines, plus a selection of others, as well as beer and mixed drinks available. Nice bar and smallish but nice outdoor area.Special Features:
- Great mid week couples night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience we drove in from Anthem . The musician playing had a great song selection. He was a nice compliment to the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- questionabletrynewplacesDined on 3/26/2014We decided to try out the location. We were looking forward to it since it was a winery. The owner talked to all the guests, as well as a great server. Our disappointment came when the "filet" came out. It was dry, no flavor and tasted like an inside choice instead of a tenderloin. The consistency as well was not that of a tenderloin cut. Our waiter suggested a wine that was a bit unusual, so we went with his suggestion without looking at the wine list. When we got the bill, I was astounded to find that the glass of wine was $15.00. The rest of the meal was tasty & my husband was happy with his choice. I would suggest this as a nice spot for dining, but keep your eye on the wine prices & order anything but the filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.