101 West Green Street
Pasadena, CA 91105Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://twinpalmsrl.com/
- Phone: 6265774555x
- Hours of Operation:
Closed on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays
Thursday -5:00 pm - 10:00 pm Dinner
Friday - 5:00 pm -1:30 am Dinner, Late Night Menu
Saturday 11:00 am - 1:30 pm Brunch, Dinner, Late Night Menu
Sunday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm Brunch
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Michael Neflas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment - Bands and DJ - Dancing
A word from Twin Palms
Welcome to Twin Palms Restaurant and Lounge, a unique outdoor dining experience located in Old Town Pasadena, California.Continued
Join us for contemporary seasonal California cuisine, fine wines and handcrafted cocktails, all while enjoying music and live entertainment under the beautiful white sails.
Join us for contemporary seasonal California cuisine, fine wines and handcrafted cocktails, all while enjoying music and live entertainment under the beautiful white sails.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Twin Palms reviews from OpenTable diners
- unhappyDined on 5/25/2014We were very much looking forward to the Twin Palms, and walk away in a state of disbelief. the malor problem they were under staffed for brunch service. It took 70 minutes to get our food after we ordered. They listed music on Sundays there was none. We arrived for our 1:15 resevervation five minutes early and was told there was a 15 -20 minute wait for a table, while the resturant was half full. The food was nothing special, better food and service could be obtained at a truck stop. We were very disappointed with our experience.
- It was okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2014Since it was supposed to have been reopened I thought it would have looked nicer then it was. The food was soso and the service was sloooow we had a nice brunch and the bottomless mimosas are nice if you really want to drink. The server kind of gave my husband a funny look when he asked for just oj after one mimosa.Special Features:
- Not worth itmisaDined on 5/25/2014Went for a living social deal and was disappointed. Waited for an hourand a half for our brunch entrees and another half hour for the sides. No acknowledgment of any delay we were seeing other eating and leaving even before we got our food. HOrrible experience. NOt sure what put them out of business the last time, but maybe it's time to close up for good. Nice atmosphere, but was kinda warm, no fans or anything to help cool off patrons.
- Could be fantastic!lovefoodDined on 5/25/2014It's not like the original Twin Palms. Location and setting is excellent. The decor is very drab and needs some updating. Maybe some nice music for the Sunday brunch/Lunch would be a nice touch. I think if the new owner needs to step it up a bit to have a lasting business in the prime Pasadena area. The food was good and also could be improved upon. Took a little too long to get food service and food not hot. Service was okay but no one seemed to be in a hurry to get things. Overall nice brunch. I sat there the whole time talking about how I would fix the place,food etc. There so much potential.Special Features:
- Atmosphere was greatNewpsGirlDined on 5/25/2014Food was delicious, but not anything to write home about. Service was slightly slow (as we were forgotten for good stretches of time), but overall a decent dining experience and really loved the outdoor/covered layout. Perfect for brunch.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchLH123Dined on 5/25/2014I had not been to Twin Palms in a number of years, but saw a deal on Living Social, so thought I would take advantage of it. We had an 11:15 reservation, so we arrived at 11:15. Although, the restaurant was not very full, the hostess told us it would be about 15 minutes before we would be seated. When I asked why, she replied that the kitchen was behind and they wanted to give them a chance to catch up. We found this explanation ridiculous. If the kitchen is behind, it is better to be seated and waiting then to have to stand around in the front. If I had not had a voucher that was expiring in 2 days, we would have left. We were eventually seated and the food was ok. I don't think we will be having brunch at Twin Palms again.
- Twin Palms BrunchMomAFDined on 5/25/2014The food was very good and the bottomless mimosas were great. The waiters and waitresses are always filling up your glasses. Great atmosphere! Will go back again!Special Features:
- Nice Comeback!!!GilbertDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I had not been to the TP since 2002. So, we decided to give the new look a try. We were very pleased with all level of service and the entertainment was great! We will return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Funday... Missing somethingLCbargirlDined on 5/18/2014We were so excited to go to Twin Palms again. We walked in and they were not busy at all, yet we were told we had to wait 45 minutes to be seated. We looked around and there were tons of empty tables and nobody at the bar. We enjoy sitting at the bar anyway, so that's what we did! Once we got there, we had great bloody Mary's and ordered our food. The food took forever, but once we got it, it was wonderful. The live musician was great as well. Having both been in the restaurant industry previously, we know they could have been making so much more money and changed the vibe if they just staffed properly and invested in their servers and hosts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- to loudpasadenagirlDined on 5/17/2014music was to loud, we were seate on the balcony with the view of the restaurant, not abele to talk due to loud music.... slow service, just had few small plates - do not order spinah dip, calamary were good which was a surprise,
- Food not worth the long wait.smilin49erDined on 5/17/2014Our waiter Chad and the music were the best part of the night. Issue was the long wait (1/2 hour) for anything we ordered, each time. Even drinks took too long. And it was a slow Saturday night - not many people out. Food was OK. I would go again in the right company for the music and ambience.Special Features:
- We Gave It The Benefit Of the Doubt1sadmammaDined on 5/11/2014After making reservations, I read some reviews on Yelp that gave Twin Palms bad reviews. I decided not to cancel our reservations because we had liked the old Twin Palms so much. What a mistake. I'm not a foody, but we would honestly been happier with food and service at Denny's. The waitress and manager were nice. Dessert choices on the menu were not available and ingredients were not included in our omelettes (asparagus and Brie) because they had run out- but failed to tell us. Worst omelette and potatoes ever! My 12 year old can cook better. The staff was nice, but everything took so long and had to be asked for, and the restaurant wasn't even busy. What a disappointment!
- Not what it used to bedisappointmentDined on 5/11/2014We had Mother's Day Brunch at Twin Palms. We were seated almost immediately, but our server did not acknowledge our presence there for ten minutes. From there, things just got worse: suffice it to know that our reservation was at 11:15 and we didn't get out of there till after 1:30 p.m., all due to slow, uncaring service. They weren't that busy when we were seated, I looked around and could not figure out why service was so bad. I will clarify that the bus-staff were on point with the drink refills. But that was about the only good thing about it. Sometimes, one accepts bad service at a restaurant when the food is worth it...in this case, the food was just so-so, nothing special, nothing worth such bad service or long wait.
- Saturday Night DinnerMatthewDined on 5/10/2014Recently sat for dinner on a Saturday night at 8:00 PM. Confusion with the servers and kitchen would be putting it mildly. No attention for 20 minutes after being sat; drink orders took entirely too long; after asking three times, we finally received some bread; meals delivered out of the kitchen slowly (over 45 minutes after giving order to waiter). The food was satisfactory and I think the chef is trying but after being open for months, the staff should have it worked out, and they don't. They will never rise above a mediocre experience if they cannot figure out the service end of things.
- refined dining with beautiful musicHawaiianmoonDined on 5/3/2014Me and my friend had a great time. we enjoyed the music while dining, the temperature was perfect for outdoors and the waiter that served our table was not only funny but provided us with recommendations that were really good. Our party had a great time.Special Features:
- Great place talk it up moreFoodieGirlVIPDined on 4/25/2014I used to go to TP years ago in its hey day. Could be that again if you advertise. It's a great place. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening OutCraigHVIPDined on 4/25/2014Twin Palms has been a consistent staple in the Old Town Pasadena scenes for ages and it's still as contemporary and delicious with an unique environment as ever.Special Features:
- Overpriced for quality of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Way over-priced for heat and eat food.... Never again
- foodVIPDined on 4/20/2014Took over an hour to get our food. Food was not worth the wait and the staff didn't seem to care that we had to wait so long. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Would not recommend Twin PalmsMarciDined on 4/13/2014Would not recommend Twin Palms to anyone, The restaurant is drab, uninviting and empty as far as decor is concerned. Not a plant or flower in sight. What person in their right mind paints the interior of an "outdoor" eating venue brown? No color anywhere. They have turned what was once our favorite restaurant to go to for special occasions into someting that looks like a third world mess hall. Nothing special about the food for a Sunday brunch. Strictly coffee shop fare. Only savng grace, we had a great waitress.
- During brunch, they had aLuCoDined on 4/6/2014During brunch, they had a musician that was performing folklorish type music which seemed unusual for a brunch. I think the music could have been a bit livelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Sad Horrible FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/5/2014Extremely disappointing to return to Twin Palms in Pasadena under new ownership to discover that this vibrant and good looking restaurant serves some of the worst food we have encountered in a long time. Food without care or interest slopped onto plates. The seafood stew in tomato sauce...not so much. A pile of Orzo in a thick white creamy sauce with a few mussels and calamari thrown on top was the dish served. A steak that should have been sent back and broccoli as a side that was rubbery and old. To top it off, the kitchen was out of 3 or 4 main dishes at the start of the evening when we ordered. Only highlights were a wonderful jazz group - they were great! - and a hostess who was lovely.Special Features:
- Twin palms reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014My wife and I had a good experience overall. The hostess tried sitting us towards the back although I had a special request to be seated near the band on the restaurant website as we are personal friends of the band members. The pitcher of Sangria left a lot to be desired in potency considering the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slowest Kitchen ServiceAshleySDined on 3/30/2014Everything was nice about my brunch experience at Twin Palms. But when you go out to eat with your friends you expect to eat within 15-20 minutes of ordering your food. Thank God for good conversation and unlimited mimosas, because I didn't realize our food took over an hour to get to the table. And I am not sure why that was because the place was not packed, and guests weren't all seated at the same time. My only suggestion to them, would be to figure out how to get the food to the table faster, for guests who do not want a 2+hour dining experience. My friend said this happened to her too when she dined there for brunch. So it looks more like a bad habit then a one time mistake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need service!!!!ew4icVIPDined on 3/30/2014Went there for happy hour & the place was dead. Yet, bartenders/servers around never acknowledged/greeted me as I walked around looking for a good spot to wait for a group of friends. It took 10 mins for the waitress/bartender to come over and service was attentive then. Was there for Sunday brunch & there was no hostess at front bc she was helping other staff members with setting up tables & filling up water. Servers were nice but never around to refill our coffee/water. Our plates were stacked up. Took a long time to get our bill. Server came around to refill water when we were done & waited to sign our bill. Truly disappointed!! I hope for improvement or it will be closing its doors once again. I would hate to see that happen. Best-Special Features:
- Excellent Spot.JudyDined on 3/30/2014We went to Twin Palms for Sunday Brunch to celebrate my mom's birthday. It was really nice. We all had the buffet and it was just $20 per person. Mimosas not included but they're only $7 ($20 if you want bottomless). The food was yummy and the service was really good. The entertainment was a little ho-hum but other than that all was great. We had a fabulous server and the ambiance was really nice! You should totally go check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.Ray6586Dined on 3/29/2014This was one of my favorite restaurants over the years and I was very excited to learn that it had re-opened. What I found was a great dissapointment. The menu had changed and was, although limited, interesting in its variety. What ruined the experience was the painfully slow service. The average wait between interaction with the server and delivery of food or drink was over 20 minutes, the main course arriving a full 40 minutes after ordering. Meanwhile three differnt meals were presented to our table that were not ours. Twin Palms was the gem of Old Town Pasadena, but we will not be returning.Special Features:
- Nothing impressive and not staffedBrd78Dined on 3/29/2014We decided to dine here for a b-day celebration plus the offered live music, Sadly we where sat towards the very back with a server that was to overwhelmed. the venue must have been under staffed. When the server took our order, it was that time, that the server told us they ran out of rib eye. I wish he told us when he first came to the table. My friends pasta with shrimp was cold. My skirt steak had no flavor with salty potatoes and a side of diced romaine lettuce, a very boring dish. My friends burger was cold. we told the hostess, staff and a manager to turn on the heaters 5 times before they where turned on. The only good thing about this location was the live band. I wish we sat up front to enjoy it more.Special Features:
- No the Twin Palms it used to bedinerluvrVIPDined on 3/23/2014We were looking for a Sunday breakfast/brunch spot for 6 and TP had an opening at 11:30am. When we arrived the hostess asked if we had a Living Social coupon; we did not. Then she said she would see what she could do in terms of a table. After about 10 minutes we were seated. The live music was nice but a distraction. We ordered our breakfast: 4 orders of 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 2 toasts and 2 orders of short rib hash. The meals were served two at a time, wheat toast was ordered but an English muffin arrived, the "poached" eggs on the short rib hash were practicaly raw. We requested butter and jam and they arrived on the same dish: 5 pads of butter and some jam poured onto the dish. It was a disppointing experience.
- Enjoyable nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014the food was great, the Sinatra era band very enjoyable. Just a little loud to carry on a conversation with your date when they were playing. But very entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that GreatGigisDined on 3/21/2014The ambiance was not bad at all, our server was very nice and very helpful, but the food was very disappointing. My friends and I were looking forward to going there because it is such a pretty place, and nice location, but the food ruined it. We will not be going back unless they improve on the food.
- The breakfast buffet was aDaveDined on 3/16/2014The breakfast buffet was a big disappointment. The staff seemed to be going through the motions. We were there for about an hour and there was no bacon. We mentioned this to the server who said she would mention it to the cooks. 20 minutes later we mentioned it to the omelet guy and said he would tell someone - Never any bacon. There was also a small empty bowl that looked like it might have had some kind of berries in it. It also never got refilled. The fruit at this breakfast bar was whole apples, bananas, and oranges. It made it hard to put fruit topping on your waffles. This would have been a fine breakfast for a free best western hotel buffet. But this was a fairly expensive meal. Very disappointed!
- First TimerMarathongirl52Dined on 3/16/2014Went with my girlfriends to celebrate Birthdays. We enjoyed it and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday CelebrationWeekdayDineDined on 3/15/2014We had an excellent group birthday dinner followed by great music and drinks. So glad Twin Palms is open again! We will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fond memoriestravlinLAVIPDined on 3/9/2014Loved this place when Kevin Costner ran it.......then divorce ruined at terrific place. Now seems to be on the mend....brunch was great, but the "beautiful" people are a thing of the past HaHa.Special Features:
- Memories of a great placeGardenergalDined on 3/6/2014I don't know if it was just that Thursdays aren't busy nights in Pasadena but when I had trouble getting a reservation for 6 pm I assumed it was super busy. I'm from the westside of LA so when I got there are there were probably a dozen people max in the entire restaurant I was shocked. I loved the ambiance (although it appeared that seismic renovation requirements created a bulky truss type structure in the middle which took away from what I remember. They didn't have the garlic mashed potatoes that I remember but of course things must change in 15 years. I'd go again if I thought it would be busier. It was a first date for me and a bit awkward. Food was tasty but nothing as special as I remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely sunday brunchasturdy32Dined on 3/2/2014i went for brunch on my birthday with a group of friends. the breakfast buffet was delicious, the ambiance was lovely and the service was pretty good. The bottomless mimosas are more like oj with a splash of champagne. over all a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDuckDined on 3/1/2014Nice place good food very cool everyone would enjoy the experience awesome design features and live entertainmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChadMeemaDined on 2/23/2014I had been waiting for this restaurant to reopen. I went for Sunday brunch with a friend. We were there for several hours just chatting and catching up. The service was as good or better than any I have had. The bottomless mimosas were flowing. It was such a pleasure to have a leisurely meal without being rushed. I'd highly recommend going there for brunch. We are going to try it on the weekend for dinner. It would have been nice to have a little music playing but aside from that it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies LunchMarciDined on 2/20/2014A group of 6 had lunch on Thursday, 2/20. Some ot the Happy Hour drinks were good and otheres not. 3 of the ladies ordered the hamburger of which they only ate half. They said the meat was mushy and full of gristle. Wherever they are getting their meat suppy, they need to change. Also, the hamburger buns, although tasty, were dry. Who serves a dry hamburger bun? The waiter came over several times to see how we were doing, but he is not responsible for what comes out of the kitchen. Don't know why they painted the entire interior of the space in dark brown? Who does that! On top of dark tables and chairs. Very depressing place. Too bad, because this used to be one of my favorite restaurants to go to.