Twin Owls Steakhouse
800 MacGregor Avenue
Estes Park, CO 80517Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Twin Owls Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twinowls.net/
- Phone: 9705869344x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Open 7 days a week. Reservation suggested.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brant Price
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Steakhouse has a variety of private dining rooms all with log walls and massive stone fireplaces. We can accommodate private parties from 10 to 200.
- Private Party Contact: Sandra 9702154544x
A word from Twin Owls Steakhouse
The Twin Owls Steakhouse is a beautiful log cabin built in the 20's. It has a warm candlelit ambiance and 3 moss rock fireplaces. We feature on our menu various steaks, seafood, game, poultry and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Twin Owls Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Estes Park ›
Twin Owls Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (143)romantic (129)scenic view (109)fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (59)good for groups (54)notable wine list (50)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- just as good the second timeWeirsDined on 10/18/2014While spending a long weekend in Estes Park, we visited Twin Owls for the second time this year. It's so nice to be able to dine in a lovely atmosphere with romantic lighting, good wine, excellent food surrounded by people dressed nicely and behaving themselves! The service was friendly and helpful - not too intrusive but anticipating your needs. It was quite full, the bar was lively, a party was going on in a private room, but the main dining hall was still calm and quiet. We will be back.Special Features:
- Twin Owls EstesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014One of my all-time favorite places to dine. Atmosphere is quiet log cabin with a great fire place. Order the McGregor fillet, it's the best. Occasional elk or fox wanders into view during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VickiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had a great table by the window at dusk. The waitress was pleasant and attentive. We had the elk appetizer kabobs, they were cooked perfectly. My husband had their signature filet. He didn't like the balsamic reduction they sat it on...it ruined the steak. I loved the lamb chops.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Great food and service. The area is beautiful, we will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twin OwlsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014Wonderful experience. Lovely setting. Great menu. Great good. Loved the roasted beet saladSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerNikiDined on 10/15/2014We stayed at Black Canyon condos and had dinner at the Twin Owls for my birthday. This was our second time, once again, we ate too much! Food was delicious and service was impeccable. There was a large group of "youngsters" next to our table who were noisy enough that we heard a lot of their conversation. We probably should have requested another table, but didn't.Special Features:
- ExcelentEatgoodfoodDined on 10/12/2014The food was carefully prepared, and the owner of the restaurant was out mingling with the guests. The waiter was attentive and service was perfectly timed. We sat in the loft which was very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014My wife and I ate there for dinner on our anniversary. We were seated within 5 minutes of our reservation which was a good thing. The restaurant seemed fairly busy for a Thursday night. Our order was the Elk Kabobs, 2 side salads, Bison Ribeye, and a hamburger. All the food was cooked to the temp we has requested. The two areas that made us leave without eating everything was the taste. My Ribeye had a balsamic glaze with sautéed mushrooms. It was ladeled on my steak and looked like I was eating soup with a steak floating inside. It was not that attractive to the eye or the palate. 2nd thing was the seasoning. Nothing was salted. I almost never need to add salt to a meal but my wife and myself had to add salt to everything.Special Features:
- Elk and beernjs724Dined on 10/9/2014The elk was excellent and the local beer was a plus. Will have to go next time in town.Special Features:
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014We done at the Twin Owls Steakhouse whenever we are in Estes Park. It's something we look forward to and can always count on an excellant experience. My favorite is the filet Mcgregor and the beet salad. Plus, you won't leave hungry! Very good service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe the best in EstesTylerDined on 10/7/2014We searched for the best restaurant in Estes Park for our Anniversary and I think this place may fit the bill. The service was wonderful, and they fulfilled my table location request. They had a guitar player plucking out some classical guitar and the fireplace lit. It was a cozy and romantic ambiance. The food was good. Not amazing, but solid enough. I liked the green chile mashed potatoes, added a nice little kick and some flavor. Our dinner lived up to my expectations for a steakhouse in Estes, but didn't exceed them. Classy place overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJazzyDined on 10/6/2014The ambience is outstanding, as you are surrounded by old Logs, barn wood floors, and intimate lighting. The food was also great. My husband ordered a filet and I chose the Elk Medallions. Both wonderful and flavorful. Service was also excellent. It was our anniversary and they set us at a perfect table to celebrate the special occasion. This was our second time eating dinner here while visiting Estes Park, and we will make it a reoccurring event when we vacation there.Special Features:
- good food service was lacking xxxxxPoorserviceDined on 10/5/2014our food was good, the service was lacking. our waiter disappeared for long periods of time. never took away plates, never refilled glasses. needed to order more wine, drinks. otherwise, ok. our food was good, the service was lacking. our waiter disappeared for long periods of time. never took away plates, never refilled glasses. needed to order more wine, drinks. otherwise, ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectMtnPrincessDined on 10/5/2014TwinOwls is our favorite date place in Estes Park! The elk medallions were amazing and our waiter recommended the perfect wine pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Reunion Gathering SpotpostweddingdineDined on 10/5/2014We had the opportunity to dine at the Twin Owls Steakhouse with our party of 11 for a family gathering post wedding celebration. The attraction to our party was the it was not in downtown Estes and avoided the congestion of downtown dining during the weekend at Estes. The food was excellent and the staff assisted our guest with selections based on their dietary needs. The ambiance was excellent and our party was not rushed, even though there were guests waiting. The portions were large and several of us probably could have split a meal. We enjoyed dining at this location and would recommend it to those looking for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Came here for my boyfriends birthday dinner. We both ate the filet minon and lobster absolutely delicious. We did order the shrimp apetizer thought it was a little over priced when they only serve you five shrimp. Waitress was great and, even though it was a late birthday, he did receive and excellent birthday dessert(free) excellent experience overall.Special Features:
- Twin Owls Steakhousemeet4eatDined on 10/4/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, service and overall experience at the steakhouse. The lamb chops and elk were outstanding. The prices were quite reasonable and portions were generous. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday!AnnaCharlaineDined on 10/4/2014This meal was amazing. I'd heard good things, but it's fairly pricey, so we waited for a special occasion. I had the prime rib, which almost melted in my mouth. The side dish was green chile mashed potatoes. They were a surprise and AMAZING! I absolutely loved the entire meal!!! Our waitress was also fantastic. I was a little nervous when we were seated because we were seated right next to the women's restroom door, but it wasn't even noticeable since they'd hung a curtain to hide the door. Twin Owls really made my birthday special. As a local, I'll be recommending it to everyone who visits me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Estes Park for foodies!TravelingFoodieDined on 10/3/2014What a great find! The menu featured a lot of game dishes; my husband had the elk tenderloin, and I had the buffalo rib-eye. Each was cooked to perfection (we like our meat rare). The side dishes were fabulous, fresh and seasonal. The service was excellent, but not stuffy. And we enjoyed the recommended pairings from their great wine list! we'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twin Owls Steakhouse 10/02/142yummyDined on 10/2/2014All I can say is Nearly Perfect! the restaurant itself is located near a rock formation that is named Twin Owls, hence the name also for the Steakhouse. Interesting history that the staff will have to tell you. Beautiful log lodge building and comfortable table seating. We had a loft table with a view of the main dining room, nice! The food is super and we opted for the Elk Medallions served with balsamic onions and sweet potatoes. As tender as any of the best grilled filet, superb flavor. Our receptionist and waiter Constantine were the best you could expect. My birthday earned a Chef's appetizer which was a fruit mix and we enjoyed that so much we took a photos that and our entre too! This by far is one of the best restaurant experiences.Special Features:
- Good food...finallyalrightguyDined on 10/2/2014Very nice place with a few "bumps". Hostess efficient, but not personable. Group with a reservation 30 min after ours arrived after us (we were 10 min early) and was seated ahead of us. Then a couple that arrived after us and was seated after us received their drinks while we still had not been acknowledged. My wife had prime rib..said it was OK, but not the best she has had. I had ribeye, ordered Medium rare plus, arrived very rare. Once we were able to flag down our waitress it was promptly replaced with one closer to correct. Small cut (maybe 7 oz?), but considering veggies and potato (both quite good) are included, price is reasonable. Wine selection and price pretty good, though they did not have the wine pairing suggested in menu.Special Features:
- Rustic Estes steak placeMartyDined on 10/2/20144 of us enjoyed dinner at Twin Owls. Buffalo steak was new to me, so I can't compare it to others - but it was very nicely prepared. Others in the group raved about the beet salad.Special Features:
- Favorite in EstesNCGent56Dined on 10/1/2014Every other year, my wife and I spend 2 weeks in Estes Park. Her birthday falls within those 2 weeksp and have enjoyed celebrating at Twin Owls over the years. Wouldn't go anywhere else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT a steakhouseDabberDined on 9/29/2014There were only 2 beef steaks on the menu, filet and ribeye. I ordered the Ribeye. The beginning of any good steak is the cut they purchase. I first we received was the wrong steak, which had more grissle than meat - terrible. The second and correct steak was almost as bad - very thin and less than an average cut, barely Select, particularly bad for almost $30. Eating establishments in general are under whelming and over priced in Estes Park, but this was particularly bad given this was supposed to be the best steakhouse in Estes.Special Features:
- A real find!MuzzyDined on 9/25/2014It had been many years since we had visited the Twin Owls Steakhouse. I looked on Open Table to see what, if any, restaurants in Estes Park were listed. The first one I saw was Twin Owls - and the reviews were very good. We were taking several special people to dinner and wanted the evening to be perfect. It was!! The server watched to make sure she attended to our every need. As always, it is a beautiful, charming place with a wonderful view. Many different entrees were ordered and everyone was very pleased. I had the short ribs. Wow! They were tender and delicious, and I will return soon to enjoy them again. We had nothing but rave reviews from our guests for our choice of restaurant. (We are residents of Estes Park.)Special Features:
- Wonderful food5MtwDined on 9/24/2014While beef is their signature the variety of choices makes it a place to take company. I like that pair their wine list to the selections and these wines are of moderate price. The atmosphere makes a special locationSpecial Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/24/2014We stopped eating here several years ago as it wasn't very good. Everthingwas great and I learned new owners in 2012. What a difference.Special Features:
- Great place for dinnerluvestesDined on 9/24/2014Had a very nice dinner and the service was great. Highly recommend for a place to dine in Estes Park.Special Features:
- Great setting, expensive so-so foodEP1dinerDined on 9/23/2014Had relatives in town who hadn't been to Twin Owls. Loved the the dining room & guitar player but felt the prices high for food quality. Salmon over cooked (served almost black), 8oz prime ordered rare looked like 4oz & not rare. Kabobs had tasty filet chunks but shrimp overlooked. Vegatables were skimpy size wise. Wait person skipped me when taking beverage orders & never caught the omission. She also asked guests if they wanted soup or salad like it was part of meal & not extra. Think quality/quantity for cost isn't there. Keep working on it.
- THe place to Go !12eatatVIPDined on 9/23/2014The view from the windows are beautiful and the inside is a romantic cabin. We were treated to a special wildlife show - a bull elk grazing on the property. Order the Elk Medallions - they were GREAT !Special Features:
- cdndaveDined on 9/20/2014Great evening. The restaurant suited my beautiful guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Worth ItCherokeeJCDined on 9/20/2014Twin Owls is a well-discovered gem, and I've found a reservation is always a good idea. Outstanding food in a mountain lodge setting. Here's a place I return to every time in Estes.Special Features:
- steakhouse?natalie6Dined on 9/19/2014My husband said the buffalo steak was good. The beef rib eye was something on sale at the supermarket. Average salad, great chocolate dessert. Beautiful place not what I call a steak. I guess I'm spoiled with a "capital grill" type of rib eye.Special Features:
- AN HISTORIC FINDLarryTDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant is a lovely eatery. Our 6:45 PM reservations were honored promptly by a respectful hostess who led my wife and I to our table and seated us. We were immediately met by our server, Stephanie, who introduced herself and led us through the list of specials and asked if we would like to start out with a drink, which we ordered. We shared an appetizer and found it not only sensational, but quite filling. My wife ordered the lamb chops, which she gave an A++ rating, but could not come close to finishing even half the order so she took the balance home for dinner two nights later. I order the filet / lobster tail combo and can say enough about it. The veggie medley was cooked to perfection as was the steak and lobster.Special Features:
- Lovely Setting, Average foodRockyMountainDiner72Dined on 9/17/2014As Estes Park residents we had not been to Twin Owls Steakhouse for a while, having not enjoyed previous dinners there all that much. Sorry to say, we had much the same reaction this time. We love the setting but found the noise level fairly high which makes conversation with our guests difficult for me as I wear hearing aids. Oddly, since returning from our last trip to Europe we find, in general, most American diners to be very noisy compared to the much more subdued conversational levels we encounter whenever we dine in Europe. We will probably put Orlando's Steak House back at the top of our list for entertaining guests in the future.Special Features:
- Diverse menuJusteatDined on 9/17/2014There is no reason why anyone who appreciates a good dining experience would not try Twin Owls. It's the type of place you would return to and order a different entree until you've tried everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobnJoyceDined on 9/17/2014Very pleased with ambience and food. Historic log construction a plus in Colorado. Waitress especially good with suggestions and attentions. Food was prepared exceptionally well. This location is somewhat difficult to find without GPS, although it is close to town. We really enjoyed this special place, but the wine list was limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!VailDined on 9/15/2014The elk medallions were great. Service was very quick but not rushed. Good price point - esp with all you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous place not the food/staffLoveEstesDined on 9/15/2014The Twin Owls Steakhouse is beautiful. The staff leaves a lot to be desired. The restaurant was empty but we were only allowed to sit at one of three tables in the front of the restaurant. This will sound strange but the hostess and the wait staff were creepy. Like staring and looks. It just felt weird. The food was of high quality but they try to get too fancy by laying the meats on strong flavored sauces causing everything to only taste like the sauce. Raspberry sauce or something under the lamb and balsamic vinegar under the steak. Too much was used & that's all you could taste. They added so much parmesan to the lamp and blue cheese to the steak that you could never actually taste the meat. Overall it was disappointing.
- Always a favorite!WeRfoodiesDined on 9/12/2014Nice menu with many options for game. Always reliable. Very nice ambiance and service. Old log structure which lends itself to the comfort of the mountains.Special Features: