Twin Owls Steakhouse
800 MacGregor Avenue
Estes Park, CO 80517Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Twin Owls Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twinowls.net/
- Phone: 9705869344x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Open Weekends Only: Friday, Saturday and Sunday starting at 5pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brant Price
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Steakhouse has a variety of private dining rooms all with log walls and massive stone fireplaces. We can accommodate private parties from 10 to 200.
- Private Party Contact: Sandra 9702154544x
A word from Twin Owls Steakhouse
The Twin Owls Steakhouse is a beautiful log cabin built in the 20's. It has a warm candlelit ambiance and 3 moss rock fireplaces. We feature on our menu various steaks, seafood, game, poultry and more starting at $11.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Twin Owls Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Estes Park ›
Twin Owls Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)scenic view (76)romantic (75)fit for foodies (45)notable wine list (35)good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (27)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (6)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Twin OwlsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014Nice restrurant with log building charm and great views. Nice quiet location for peaceful night of dining and special occasions and good food and drinks. We got married at Black Canyon Inn 11 years ago and had our reception at Twin Owls. We come back every year for anniversary dinner and then a nice drive through Rocky Mountain National Park.Special Features:
- Warm welcome lackingt4twoDined on 7/27/2014Very nice large log structure, very good salmon and filet entrees, and extremely rich tiramisu. Nice wines. Lacked warmth, charm for 5:30 dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Site for CelebrationTTdiningDined on 7/24/2014We were seated immediately upon arriving at Twin Owls. We were greeted with glasses of champagne once our greeters knew it was our 33rd anniversary. We enjoyed a quiet corner where we were free to reminisce about our family and especially our vacations in Estes Park. All while we dined on very excellent fare-- Norwegian salmon and Roasted Rib-eye! Thanks for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were very happy. Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2014Everything we experienced was as advertised. Having never been to Estes Park, we were relying on local advertisements for restaurants. Once we saw that Twin Owls had been featured in National Geographics article I knew it would be wonderful. Also the fact that the restaurant is often fully booked for private events speaks to their service level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2014All of our food was great! The bacon wrapped scallops were excellent! The lodge ambiance was comfortable and inviting. Great views from the window seats, but not from anywhere else. Service was attentive and friendly. Would recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Second Time a Charm (not)Table4TwoDined on 7/17/2014I dined at Twin Owls on July 17 with my son. My family had had a good experience a few years prior. The "feel" of the restaurant was good. The cleanliness was good. The food, on the other hand, was terribly disappointing. My fish didn't appeared to have been freshly cooked and the taste was not what was expected for the price. My son's ribeye steak and Au jus were delivered cold and the steak contained as much fat as meat. The vegetables were very good. The service was decent and seating was timely. Having worked at a restaurant many years ago, I remembered how tired we were at closing time. We were one of the last groups that evening and I believe the food and, to a lesser extent, service may have been impacted by a tired waitstaff.
- Best restaurant in Estes ParkLindalooVIPDined on 7/17/2014We have been coming to Estes Park for years, but this was our first visit to Twin Owls. Everything was exceptional. We wish we had known about it before. We will return.Special Features:
- Uninspiring and overpricedHawkhillDined on 7/17/2014Overpriced for the quality received. We had the buffalo strip which was good; however, the mashed potatoes, Vegs and even the blue cheese for the salad which was an additional cost was less than inspired. For over $30 a meal, I would expect it all to be good. Salad and soup were extra, but were not presented that way. The service was prompt - too prompt. We felt rushed as entree hit our table before we were half done with our salad.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014A good location - food was good - but too much of it. Suggest smaller portions and concentrate on highest quality will raise the restaurants stature to the next level.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/17/2014Overall excellent! Fantastic table with excellent views, wine excellent, food very good. Service good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My girlfriend & I had a great timeRobertDined on 7/16/2014The building is spectacular, the food is incredible, and the service was perfect!Special Features:
- Always Great!!bgluv2bnestesDined on 7/16/2014The atmosphere of Twin Owls is only surpassed by the delicious menu variety and the great service! We can't wait to go back and have Glen as our server again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticTom4444Dined on 7/16/2014Lovely spot for our romantic anniversary celebration. Our waiter, Glen, was outstanding and our dinners beyond expectation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice departure from the usualluapckDined on 7/16/2014Being in an old log home offers a new setting to the typical run of the mill restaurants. I will admit that the mashed potatoes made the meal, but although our food was good, we felt it a little over priced for what we got. Our experience was pleasant but not what we had hoped for in an anniversary meal.
- Good but not exceptionalGuyWireDined on 7/15/2014The best part of the meal was the appetizer. The mushrooms and the cheese plate were delicious. The steaks were tender but not as flavorful as at other steakhouses. I put that down to Twin Owls method of cooking - pan searing. If you're looking for a dry-rubbed grilled steak, you may be disappointed. The service was excellent. The atmosphere was cozy. The setting was beautiful. We would come again but try something else next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Waiter was detached, not interested in clearing table. Scallops were great. Lamb chops were so-so.
- I would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014We went there to celebrate our anniversary. I really don't understand the accolades the restaurant has received. I ordered the special, which was a beef tenderloin. My husband ordered the ribeye. The meat was cooked as requested, however there was surely nothing special about the flavoring. Half of both our plates were covered with potatoes, different kinds. The plates appeared to have been jostled before the food was presented. Although several of the wait staff were friendly, ours was stone-faced the entire time he served us, and he was slow. Not a good experience. We would never go back.
- Disappointed in foodkiteflyer22Dined on 7/13/2014Service was outstanding..enjoyed beet salad; Prime Rib was a reheat-expected a good meaty flavor and tender texture, not this dish; vegetables not edible; creme brulee was tasteless. The New York Au Poivre was disappointing-it was not executed well; same vegetable not edible... We looked forward to eating at the Twin Owls Steakhouse; our first visit was outstanding in every way. This visit was a disappointment...Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We had been looking for a nice place for dinner in Estes and we found. With a comfy decor, good wine list and very well prepared food made for an overall great dinner. Mushroom appetizer in particular was very good as was the prime rib.Special Features:
- Upscale dining in a mountain lodgeGrumpyJoeDined on 7/12/2014The Twin Owls Steakhouse is located just out of town from Estes Park, CO. It's just enough out of town to really enjoy the wonderful mountain views. From the moment we walked in the service was attentive and personal, we never felt like we were just another couple. My wife had elk and I had buffalo and we both truly enjoyed our meals ~ the meat was very tender. We'll definately return here again for our special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Setting is great!WantedMoreDined on 7/11/2014...but food was average, service slow -- took forever to get drinks (that were smaller than at bar and more expensive). Decor/ambiance is great, but food was disappointing (a tough ribeye?).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NikiNikiDined on 7/10/2014We had a wonderful time! The service was impeccable, the food divine, and setting was wonderful. We will definitely make Twin Owls our number one dining spot. We are eager to try the bar and lunch, but expect the experience to be as good as our first trip here.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Elk medallions were superb! Scallops were also excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceRachelleDined on 7/9/2014We especially enjoyed the bacon-wrapped scallops appetizer and the lobster and filet entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceNorth2southDined on 7/8/2014Terrific ambiance, service, and food. Side salads had nice mix of greens and veggies. Husband had the elk medallions (melt on your mouth) with sweet potatoes, 10 yr old son devoured the hamburger, and I had the flaky fresh trout with wild rice. Stuffed portobellos for app were tasty. 7 yr old had chicken strips but wasn't impressed. I tried them and they were great. Tasted like homemade. Wine list excellent with local listings. You'll spend a little more but it's worth it. Make sure you're hungry-ample food portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place, dinner in Estes ParkMarschkeReviewsDined on 7/8/2014My wife and I wanted to do something special for my visiting sister and her husband. On several previous occasions we had dinner at the Twin Owls Steakhouse. This is fine dining. The wait staff (ladies and gentlemen) always have interesting stories. Our waitress was originally from Argentina and had lots to say about the soccer World Cup (Argentina won against the Netherlands that day). A wonderful menu, the ambiance of a log home structure, and outstanding service. The restaurant was very gracious despite my having made the reservation on Open Table for the day before we wanted to dine! Highly recommend. Robert F. Marschke, Jr. and Diane A. MarschkeSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DelightAnniversaryDelightDined on 7/7/2014Wonderful place to celebrate an occasion. Food was fantastic and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLuv2EatDined on 7/6/2014We expected (and paid for) a fine dining experience. Pros: Service was good, wine and beer list extensive with local micro-brew offerings, atmosphere mountain rustic but giving an impression of high-end. Cons: The actual food. Presentation wasn't even attempted, vegetable combination was totally strange and a large pile of items that didn't really compliment each other. Entrée meat (local bison) was poorly cut and cooked - should've been the highlight. Entrée fish (local trout) was bland and also poorly presented.Special Features:
- WonderfulWhitneyDined on 7/6/2014Everything from the ambiance to the wait staff to the wine, salads, main dishes and desserts were wonderful! If we had gotten an appetizer I'm sure that would have been wonderful too. It may be priced a little higher, but it was well worth it. I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFrisco2k2Dined on 7/3/2014Seen the high rating: service was very very slow, food was just ok, and kids everywhere.Special Features:
- delicious!luvsteakDined on 7/2/2014I've been to owl several times over a number of years and it never disappoints. I had the prime rib this visit and it was the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GriffeDined on 7/2/2014The charm of the place, the quality of the food, the friendliness of the wait staff, and the commitment to excellence of the management make THE TWIN OWLS one of the gems of the Estes Valley.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary GetawayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014We reserved a table for our anniversary and the restaurant went above and beyond. They accommodated our request for a window table and brought us complimentary champagne. The staff was very professional and the service was excellent. Great rantic ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty averagencm23Dined on 6/30/2014It felt like because it is peak travel season in a tourist town, they didn't need to try very hard. The server was extremely ho-hum, with little personality or enthusiasm for her job, like she had better things to do other than serve us dinner. The wine list is small, the salads are iceberg lettuce with dressing poured on top, and the entrees just aren't special. My ribeye was covered with so many onions, in a blatant attempt to cover up a poor cut of meat. It was thin and of low quality, and not worth the price, served with unseasoned boiled vegetables. The green chile mashed potatoes were the best part of the meal. My wife had the elk medallions, which were tender and decent. Not much to be excited about; the experience was disappointing.Special Features:
- RudyDined on 6/29/2014What a wonderful restaurant. We celebrated our forty fourth anniversary and were wonderfully surprised with a glass of champagne. Our waiter made some suggestions on our appetizer, and what a nice choice. He was very attentive and made us feel as if we were regulars. If anyone ever visits Estes Park and doesn't have a meal at Twin Owl's Steakhouse they have missed a lot. I would rate them on a scale of one to ten as a fifteen. What a delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodguyRDDined on 6/29/2014I highly reccommend! Great food and service! The food was perfectly cooked and the server was on too of his game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Quaint, intimate, historic and warm. Special night out!Special Features:
- MtnPrincessMtnPrincessDined on 6/27/2014Our favorite date night restaurant in Estes Park. Perfect food and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale in Estes ParkNebraskaNPDined on 6/27/2014We were looking for a restaurant away from busy Main Street with great food and found it at the Twin Owls. The elk was fabulous as was the trout and salmon appetizer. Nice wine list. Beautiful view if you can sit near window. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UncleNeilDined on 6/24/2014Perfectly prepared entrees and dessert. Nice variety of wine selections. Very polite and accommodating staff. A do not miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.