Twin Owls Steakhouse
800 MacGregor Avenue
Estes Park, CO 80517Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Twin Owls Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twinowls.net/
- Phone: 9705869344x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Open Weekends Only: Friday, Saturday and Sunday starting at 5pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brant Price
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Steakhouse has a variety of private dining rooms all with log walls and massive stone fireplaces. We can accommodate private parties from 10 to 200.
- Private Party Contact: Sandra 9702154544x
A word from Twin Owls Steakhouse
The Twin Owls Steakhouse is a beautiful log cabin built in the 20's. It has a warm candlelit ambiance and 3 moss rock fireplaces. We feature on our menu various steaks, seafood, game, poultry and more starting at $11.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Twin Owls Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Estes Park ›
Twin Owls Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (119)romantic (100)scenic view (99)fit for foodies (58)notable wine list (48)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (38)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (6)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Estes Park ambienceWprkevaderDined on 8/15/2014A lovely rustic lodge setting with better than average food 3.5 rating. Great waiter, Glen, and excellent appetizer for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ourDeeBachDined on 8/15/2014Great ambiance, mediocre food. Trout fillet had many bones. Sauce on buffalo steak not very good. Dessert of chocolate mousse excellent, which was complementary after the issue with bone-in trout. waiter attentive. Have enjoyed meals here previously- but not this meal.
- DinnerdinerDined on 8/15/2014We had a wonderful family gathering. The McGregor filet was a unique mix of flavors. The green chili/cheese mashed potatoes were wonderful. Even the kids Mac and cheese was gourmet. We have dined at twin owls several times and we have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always very good experienceRichVIPDined on 8/15/2014Love the place and when our group of six get together in Estes, this is always one of the stops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot accommodate allergiesJoegarlicDined on 8/14/2014Booked on open table. Incl the fact that wife has severe garlic allergy. When we got there and ordered a bottle of wine. We were then informed after checking with chef that there was nothing that could be served without garlic. We left.
- Excellent place!DeedragonDined on 8/12/2014Food was excellent. Constantine was great waiter, I would ask for him! We had app sampler for 2 to start and the 5 of us shared so we would have plenty if room. French onion soup was awesome and I highly recommend it. Steaks were all cooked perfectly and seasoned well. Creme brûlée was excellent. We were even lucky enough to have to huge elk grasing at the front drive of the restaurant. Can't ask for a better steak place in Estes park!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectPBandJDined on 8/12/2014Highly recommended. The Elk Medallions were a perfect start, followed by the 4x4 (filet and lobster tail) and finally chocolate mousse cake. The ambience is great - live classical guitar performance and the room easily absorbs the music and noise of conversation so it is easy to carry on intimate conversation.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food!FirstTimerDined on 8/12/2014The Twin Owls is one of the best restaurants we have eaten in anywhere in the world! The steak was superb and perfectly cooked. The soup was extremely flavorful! We would recommend this to anyone!!!Special Features:
- Twin Owls - One of Estes Park bestChowhoundDined on 8/11/2014They did everything right from reception through dessert! Everybody was courteous and polite without being stuffy. The food was good, the wine was good, and the scenery was amazing!Special Features:
- Biest in EstesnwwmaDined on 8/10/2014First restaurant in Estes Park that I enjoyed, recommend and would return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- estes gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We are skeptical at best of the restaurants in Estes Park so we were delighted to find this place. Beautiful grounds at sunset, amazing hor'derves Excellent entrees and more than we could possibly eat. This place is pricey but worth it. Super busy so make sure you make a reservation. Our bartender was great while we waited for our table.Special Features:
- DisappointingfoodfanVIPDined on 8/8/2014The ambience was lovely and the service was friendly and attentive, although not very professional. Unfortunately, the filet mignon I ordered had an odd texture and was overwhelmed by the balsamic vinegar reduction sauce, which was way too acidic and tasted just like balsamic vinegar right out of the bottle. Although I typically like my vegetables to be prepared "al dente", the vegetable medley that accompanied my filet was under-cooked and served lukewarm. It was barely edible. The roasted potatoes were also disappointing. I'm usually much more complimentary of the restaurants I review, but I'm afraid the food at Twin Owls Steakhouse fell way short of my expectations.
- Good food, good atmosphereTrishDined on 8/8/2014Food was very good. Had the prime rib, mashed potatoes with chilis, and frsh cooked veggies. All was good and I would recommend it.Special Features:
- Service & food wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014We had made reservations on-line and did not request a window table. There were lots of window tables available when we got there but they were held open for other diners even after we requested a window table when seated. The hostess did not make me feel welcome and I felt like we were bothering her. The food was great and the service was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnfortunateDisaPointedVIPDined on 8/7/2014We were so excited about a romantic dinner here. Salad was excellent and enjoyable; however, half way through, our entrees arrived and the meal went south. They were not delivered by our server (possibly an expediter?) and the options were to leave them at the table or put them under the heat lamp for awhile. This was definitely not acceptable, so we requested new entrees be prepared and delivered more timely. The trout was delicious, but the ribeye with caramelized onions and mushrooms was sweet and did not meet expectations. However, our server was most apologetic and comped a dessert. If not for her, our experience would have been definitely worse.
- Great foodSmitty333Dined on 8/7/2014Food and service was the best we had in Estes. Service was great as well.Special Features:
- Perfect AnniversarymoswellDined on 8/6/2014We spent our 10 year wedding anniversary at the Twin Owls and couldn't have had a better experience. The menu was a perfect balance of local and traditional steakhouse specialties. There was even an app for 2 that included elk medallions that were out of this world. Twin Owls is a must-do if you're ever in Estes Park! Great location, 5 miles from the Stanley HotelSpecial Features:
- What a great find!YummyVIPDined on 8/5/2014We asked our hotel what he would recommend for a nice dinner and he told us that Twin Owls was a great place to have dinner! My husband and daughter joined me and we had a very pleasant evening. The service was great, really liked our server! I would for sure recommend Twin Oaks to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine time at the OwlsFiddlerDined on 8/5/2014We tried the elk entree, which was both excellent and large. The duck sous vide was great. Lamb was fine. Our server was knowledgeable and helpful. Decent desserts.Special Features:
- What we had hoped forWadeDined on 8/3/2014Seeing a few negative reviews before our visit was a concern, but we were very pleased with our visit. Staff was friendly and the dining room had the warm lodge feel we'd hoped for with nice mounain views. The restaurant was full of diners, but they didn't place tables so close together that you felt crowded. I had the elk medalions, served with a very nice assortment of vergetables and roasted sweet potatoes. The elk was cooked exactly as ordered and the sides tasted and were presented like the chef really knew what he was doing. Certainly not assembly line doling out of food. My dining companion had the grilled chicken served with wild rice and grilled vegetables, also prepared wonderfully. The generous portions forced a pass on dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and underwelmedcoglDined on 8/3/2014You don't go to Estes Park for the food. The location of the restaurant is lovely. But that's where the good stuff ends. The filet is advertised as having a bernaise sauce. Bernaise sauce is not orange. This sauce tasted, at best, like a "just add water" sauce. Service was fine. For two of us, two nice entrees and a a total of 3 wines, the bill was $120.00. That was way too much for nothing special.Special Features:
- haggerraDined on 8/2/2014The food and atmosphere was great. The Waitress was having a bad night I think. She was slow and had a bit of an attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good!InconsistentDined on 8/2/2014Have been many times to this restaurant and it can be very good but it's inconsistent. This time was one of the bad times. I had roasted duck which consisted of two leg/thigh parts. Well duck is a moist meat anyway and then the leg/thigh are also moist. The chef must have cooked these things three days to get them as tough and as dry as they were. My son had a caprese salad that had green unripened tomatoes, not good. Needless to say I won't be back for a while and certainly wouldn't recommend it to others. Unfortunately Estes Park doesn't have a lot of good choices for dinner.Special Features:
- Lives up to its reputation!JennyTDined on 8/2/2014The food was phenomenal and the atmosphere was great as well. The service from the very moment we arrived at the restaurant, our time in the bar area, and in the dining room were top notch. This is our favorite restaurant in the Estes area and we look forward to returning again!Special Features:
- Worst foodHorribleDined on 8/2/2014We waited an hour for our first plate. It arrived ice cold with limped vegetable, and very dry looking potatoes. We told the waitress and she immediately took them back. In 5 minutes new plates arrived with steam coming from the steak, veggies and potatoes and the plate was so hot you couldn't touch it. It was obvious they put the entire plate in a microwave. The steak was grey, rubbery and chewing. We again told the waitress. She said we should order the filet. We did and waited another 25 minutes it came hot but potatoes were charred burnt, veggies over steamed, limped, tasteless. The filet had no flavor. We waited for the manager but she blew us off and we paid a bill over $100 for horrible food that took two hours to receive.
- It could have been perfect.blustickgratefulDined on 8/2/2014It could have been a very special time. I have been wanting to come here for years. My daughter and I were on a rare get away, just the two of us. She ordered a steak and had it well done as she can not eat any pink meat. It was served the same as my elk: medium rare! She had to send it back and was not offered any type of compensation at all...I don't think we were expecting anything in particular, but more of an acknowledgement than "I am sorry, but I don't cook the food" from the waitress did not seem like enough, because it was kind of a big deal. Any offering would have been more than appreciated.Special Features:
- So glad we found this!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014What a beautiful setting with outstanding food. My fillet was fork-tender - one of the best steaks I have ever had, anywhere. The wine, the service and especially the setting in the mountains were all fabulous.Special Features:
- Sue HerbertOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Food was wonderful and absolutely loved the live guitar musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014Prime rib was tough and cold...mashed potatoes with green chilies were bizzare combo. Wife's fish was dry.
- Disappointed with Below AverageCampfire1Dined on 7/28/2014We were looking forward to quality food, great service and a nice atmosphere. We did get somewhat of a nice atmosphere if you count the decor and not the server's unprofessionalism. We had high expectations for the New York Strip and Buffalo Ribeye - both were average meat quality. The strip had a little flavor, the ribeye suffered from a lack of seasoning and was a very, very thin ribeye. Very average food quality which didn't meet our expectations, or the price point of the meal. There are many, many restaurants to choose from in Estes Park. After the meal we were disappointed that we didn't choose a different restaurant since we had a limited time in Estes Park we could have had a chance for a better experience somewhere else.
- Amazing dinnerLauritaDined on 7/27/2014This is the best place in Estes Park. What a gem. The food and service where both great. The Cabin is absolutely gorgeous and very warm and elegant. great place for romantic dinners or family dinners. I felt as if I was in the middl of the woods all windows have a nice view that makes you feel you are cozy in the middle of wilderness. Tour for Two appetizer is a must try! My friend and I really enjoyed ourselves here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twin OwlsGaryKDined on 7/27/2014Nice restrurant with log building charm and great views. Nice quiet location for peaceful night of dining and special occasions and good food and drinks. We got married at Black Canyon Inn 11 years ago and had our reception at Twin Owls. We come back every year for anniversary dinner and then a nice drive through Rocky Mountain National Park.Special Features:
- Warm welcome lackingt4twoDined on 7/27/2014Very nice large log structure, very good salmon and filet entrees, and extremely rich tiramisu. Nice wines. Lacked warmth, charm for 5:30 dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Site for CelebrationTTdiningDined on 7/24/2014We were seated immediately upon arriving at Twin Owls. We were greeted with glasses of champagne once our greeters knew it was our 33rd anniversary. We enjoyed a quiet corner where we were free to reminisce about our family and especially our vacations in Estes Park. All while we dined on very excellent fare-- Norwegian salmon and Roasted Rib-eye! Thanks for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were very happy. Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2014Everything we experienced was as advertised. Having never been to Estes Park, we were relying on local advertisements for restaurants. Once we saw that Twin Owls had been featured in National Geographics article I knew it would be wonderful. Also the fact that the restaurant is often fully booked for private events speaks to their service level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outEmilyRDined on 7/20/2014Fabulous food, excellent service in a beautiful setting. Best meal of our 2-week trip.Special Features:
- Great ambiance and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2014All of our food was great! The bacon wrapped scallops were excellent! The lodge ambiance was comfortable and inviting. Great views from the window seats, but not from anywhere else. Service was attentive and friendly. Would recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Second Time a Charm (not)Table4TwoDined on 7/17/2014I dined at Twin Owls on July 17 with my son. My family had had a good experience a few years prior. The "feel" of the restaurant was good. The cleanliness was good. The food, on the other hand, was terribly disappointing. My fish didn't appeared to have been freshly cooked and the taste was not what was expected for the price. My son's ribeye steak and Au jus were delivered cold and the steak contained as much fat as meat. The vegetables were very good. The service was decent and seating was timely. Having worked at a restaurant many years ago, I remembered how tired we were at closing time. We were one of the last groups that evening and I believe the food and, to a lesser extent, service may have been impacted by a tired waitstaff.
- Best restaurant in Estes ParkLindalooVIPDined on 7/17/2014We have been coming to Estes Park for years, but this was our first visit to Twin Owls. Everything was exceptional. We wish we had known about it before. We will return.Special Features:
- Uninspiring and overpricedHawkhillDined on 7/17/2014Overpriced for the quality received. We had the buffalo strip which was good; however, the mashed potatoes, Vegs and even the blue cheese for the salad which was an additional cost was less than inspired. For over $30 a meal, I would expect it all to be good. Salad and soup were extra, but were not presented that way. The service was prompt - too prompt. We felt rushed as entree hit our table before we were half done with our salad.