Twin Owls Steakhouse
800 MacGregor Avenue
Estes Park, CO 80517Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Twin Owls Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twinowls.net/
- Phone: (970) 586-9344
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Open weekends only 5-9om Friday-Sunday. Reservation suggested.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brant Price
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Steakhouse has a variety of private dining rooms all with log walls and massive stone fireplaces. We can accommodate private parties from 10 to 200.
- Private Party Contact: Sandra 9702154544x
A word from Twin Owls Steakhouse
The Twin Owls Steakhouse is a beautiful log cabin built in the 20's. It has a warm candlelit ambiance and 3 moss rock fireplaces. We feature on our menu various steaks, seafood, game, poultry and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Twin Owls Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Estes Park ›
Twin Owls Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (119)romantic (113)scenic view (88)fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (54)good for groups (47)notable wine list (32)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/24/2014We stopped eating here several years ago as it wasn't very good. Everthingwas great and I learned new owners in 2012. What a difference.Special Features:
- Great place for dinnerluvestesDined on 9/24/2014Had a very nice dinner and the service was great. Highly recommend for a place to dine in Estes Park.Special Features:
- Great setting, expensive so-so foodEP1dinerDined on 9/23/2014Had relatives in town who hadn't been to Twin Owls. Loved the the dining room & guitar player but felt the prices high for food quality. Salmon over cooked (served almost black), 8oz prime ordered rare looked like 4oz & not rare. Kabobs had tasty filet chunks but shrimp overlooked. Vegatables were skimpy size wise. Wait person skipped me when taking beverage orders & never caught the omission. She also asked guests if they wanted soup or salad like it was part of meal & not extra. Think quality/quantity for cost isn't there. Keep working on it.
- THe place to Go !12eatatVIPDined on 9/23/2014The view from the windows are beautiful and the inside is a romantic cabin. We were treated to a special wildlife show - a bull elk grazing on the property. Order the Elk Medallions - they were GREAT !Special Features:
- cdndaveDined on 9/20/2014Great evening. The restaurant suited my beautiful guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Worth ItCherokeeJCDined on 9/20/2014Twin Owls is a well-discovered gem, and I've found a reservation is always a good idea. Outstanding food in a mountain lodge setting. Here's a place I return to every time in Estes.Special Features:
- steakhouse?natalie6Dined on 9/19/2014My husband said the buffalo steak was good. The beef rib eye was something on sale at the supermarket. Average salad, great chocolate dessert. Beautiful place not what I call a steak. I guess I'm spoiled with a "capital grill" type of rib eye.Special Features:
- AN HISTORIC FINDLarryTDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant is a lovely eatery. Our 6:45 PM reservations were honored promptly by a respectful hostess who led my wife and I to our table and seated us. We were immediately met by our server, Stephanie, who introduced herself and led us through the list of specials and asked if we would like to start out with a drink, which we ordered. We shared an appetizer and found it not only sensational, but quite filling. My wife ordered the lamb chops, which she gave an A++ rating, but could not come close to finishing even half the order so she took the balance home for dinner two nights later. I order the filet / lobster tail combo and can say enough about it. The veggie medley was cooked to perfection as was the steak and lobster.Special Features:
- Lovely Setting, Average foodRockyMountainDiner72Dined on 9/17/2014As Estes Park residents we had not been to Twin Owls Steakhouse for a while, having not enjoyed previous dinners there all that much. Sorry to say, we had much the same reaction this time. We love the setting but found the noise level fairly high which makes conversation with our guests difficult for me as I wear hearing aids. Oddly, since returning from our last trip to Europe we find, in general, most American diners to be very noisy compared to the much more subdued conversational levels we encounter whenever we dine in Europe. We will probably put Orlando's Steak House back at the top of our list for entertaining guests in the future.Special Features:
- Diverse menuJusteatDined on 9/17/2014There is no reason why anyone who appreciates a good dining experience would not try Twin Owls. It's the type of place you would return to and order a different entree until you've tried everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobnJoyceDined on 9/17/2014Very pleased with ambience and food. Historic log construction a plus in Colorado. Waitress especially good with suggestions and attentions. Food was prepared exceptionally well. This location is somewhat difficult to find without GPS, although it is close to town. We really enjoyed this special place, but the wine list was limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!VailDined on 9/15/2014The elk medallions were great. Service was very quick but not rushed. Good price point - esp with all you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous place not the food/staffLoveEstesDined on 9/15/2014The Twin Owls Steakhouse is beautiful. The staff leaves a lot to be desired. The restaurant was empty but we were only allowed to sit at one of three tables in the front of the restaurant. This will sound strange but the hostess and the wait staff were creepy. Like staring and looks. It just felt weird. The food was of high quality but they try to get too fancy by laying the meats on strong flavored sauces causing everything to only taste like the sauce. Raspberry sauce or something under the lamb and balsamic vinegar under the steak. Too much was used & that's all you could taste. They added so much parmesan to the lamp and blue cheese to the steak that you could never actually taste the meat. Overall it was disappointing.
- Always a favorite!WeRfoodiesDined on 9/12/2014Nice menu with many options for game. Always reliable. Very nice ambiance and service. Old log structure which lends itself to the comfort of the mountains.Special Features:
- Amazing ambiance & foodLizHDined on 9/12/2014Looking for a special place where the food is amazing then go to Twin Owls Strakhouse! You get 4 star food and service in a relaxed and casual atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always LOVE Twin Owls!KrisDined on 9/9/2014A family fave for get togethers or just for a romantic dinner with my husband, Twin Owls is wonderful, all around! Five Stars!!! Delicious food, wonderful ambiance and our "go to" restaurant for any occasion!Special Features:
- Way too spicy ribsriclinVIPDined on 9/8/2014Husbands ribs were inedible from being too spicy!!! We even talked with the owner. Our server was very good and the ambiance was outstanding! We had heard lots of good comments about Here but were very disappointed! Wanted to try again but just couldn't....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014We had another great meal at Twin Owls Steakhouse! The salmon and lamb chops were delicious and memorable! The setting is beautiful and we will return here when we are next in Estes Park!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in a log cabinMakyna6Dined on 9/8/2014Had dinner there. Our first ever visit to Colorado. Enjoyed the area and the restaurant sits on a very nice property. From our window seat, we could see the "Twin Owls" across the way. Saw wedding pics in the lobby, beautiful wedding venue. I had the prime rib. I've had better. It wasn't seasoned or tasty as I would have liked and then it was overcooked. We also had the steak. Now that was a winner. It had mushrooms over it and I had a taste and it was delish. I would go back and try something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good, But PriceySGMDCWDined on 9/8/2014The food was very good, but it all comes at a premium. This is the sort of place to go for a special dinner where the cost is of little concern. We enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Treat!LuvColoradoDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and his birthday so we chose Twin Owls Steakhouse. The food was wonderful, the presentation of the food was inviting. My husband had the Prime Rib Buffalo. It was more tender than beef by far. I chose the roasted Duck. Fabulous! The wait staff was courteous and kind, especially our server Nicki. She took excellent care of us. We were seated upstairs in a romantic table in the corner. Perfect!! We will be back!! The decor is what you think of when you think about Colorado! It is a must see!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd Business PracticesmikepsreviewsDined on 9/6/2014The food was great. The server was wonderful. We had a 5:00 reservation. We showed up to a lobby full of people waiting to get in as the dining room doesn't open until 5:00. The bar was right there but, get this, they weren't opening until 5:00 either! So, instead of opening the bar at 4:00 or 4:30 and making that fabulous extra profit while people wait for their tables, they choose to close it. Then, names are called one at a time for seating, the hostess seats them then comes back and calls another name. Long story short, your 5;00 reservation really doesn't mean you can enjoy your pre-dinner drink or get to your table at 5:00, it just means you can get in line with the rest of the cattle at that time. Expected at a buffet, not here.Special Features:
- Disappointing DinnerHardtopleaseDined on 9/5/2014Although the appetizer and salad was good, the entrees were a disappointment. My $30 filet came out overcooked. My husband finished his "lukewarm" dinner before mine was recooked. I wanted to say "just forget it". We were offered a free dessert, but no manager ever came to apologize. I guess they think that tourists won't be back, "so what!" We spent $100 for two entrees and one glass of wine. Very disappointing! We won't be back!
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2014We had to change our open table reservation due to being late from the airport. We were treated courteously and welcomed when we got there. It is a lovely, large log cabin as a restaurant. Menu and wine list commendable. I will return when possible for good food and special occasions.Special Features:
- Estes Park Night OutDaveDined on 9/4/2014Really enjoyed the Filet Special and Short Ribs. Excellent!Special Features:
- lovely dinner!RockinatorsDined on 9/3/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary with a great dinner during our recent trip to Estes Park at Twin Owls Steak House. The restaurant was aware of our special evening, and went out of their way to make it special for us. The table was great, the service was outstanding, and the food was wonderful. Our best night of dining during our five night vacation.Special Features:
- vacation in Estes parkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014The Twin Owls Steakhouse was amazing. The number of items that are made in house are too many to mention. We were so impressed with the staff it was my wife's birthday and we received special seating in a loft. We would recommend this restaraunt to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good place for a nice meal.RhythmageDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I enjoyed our visit. It is a quaint log cabin with a very homey feel. The menu is good. I had the surf and turf (4x4) and my wife had the Buffalo steak. Both were prepared expertly from high quality ingredients. I do have a couple criticisms/suggestions: First, the host is severely overworked (at least on our visit). All alone amidst the dinner rush. Second, while I greatly enjoyed my meal, I was a little disappointed at the number of "additions" to my petite filet. The nice meat was almost lost in the din with a balsamic glaze, bernaise, bleu cheese and candied pistachios. I would recommend ordering something a bit more simple to allow the product and preparation to shine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced & hard to findLuv2trvlDined on 8/31/2014Very hard to find. Over priced for average food. The New York steak was very thin and dry.Special Features:
- RandRDined on 8/30/2014Very good food, very good service. They could make a good martini!! The waiter was able to explain why the fish was not local!!Special Features:
- Best in EstesCohibaDined on 8/30/2014Overall it's a super experience and easily the nicest restaurant in Estes. It won't be the best food you've ever had but it's imaginative and Colorado centric with Elk medallions and lamb. The setting can't be beat ( even compared to Vail) in a 100 year old timber lodge.Special Features:
- Melting....DenverBobDined on 8/30/2014That's what happens with the food, it just melts in your mouth. We started with the combination appetizer and the elk medallions were that tender! I had their signature filet and don't recall having a better one in the past 10 years - it was that good! Yes, my memory is pretty much shot beyond that point, so it's going to be the best ever at this point! We had a good sampling of the menu at our table and there wasn't a complaint to be made. OK, well my 4 year old thought the Mac'n Cheese was a little too creamy and the rigatoni noodles weren't her thing but if it's not Kraft, she's not into it. Don't miss this gem, it's food would be great at any cost and there is a reason you need a reservation! Hurry, go make your reservation!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable Evening Meal!camaro67Dined on 8/29/2014We had a wonderful time at Twin Owls Steakhouse. The waiter, Val was informative and courteous. The meals were tasty. The only thing was, the buffalo ribeye had a little too much gristle for my wife's liking and for the price of the meal, would have liked the amount of gristle taken off to be the delicious meat so she could have enjoyed it all. The complimentary dessert was a nice end to a wonderful meal for celebrating my wife's birthday. Thank s for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GemMocakesVIPDined on 8/27/2014On my 2nd trip to Estes Park I went on Trip Advisor to find a nice place for dinner. Twin Owls was it! The place is wonderful, great views of the mountains. It was very easy to get to. Our waitress was wonderful and checked in when needed. We can't wait to go back during our next trip. If you get the lamp chops, please know it is a lot of food. My husband got elk - it was wonderful.Special Features:
- The place to eat in Estes ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The Twin Owls is a fabulous find. We eat there as a must do, whenever we stay in Estes Park. The food is mouthwatering and the service excellent. The last meal we had there consisted of Elk Medallions for my spouse and the Filet MacGregor for me. The meat was tender and delicious and the accompanying vegetables were very tasty. Highly recommend it for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaLaDined on 8/22/2014We dined here on our 50th wedding anniversary & the hostess & waiter could not have been any more hospitable. We were given special seating & champagne to celebrate! Perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 8/22/2014Our son and daughter-in-law got married here 5 years ago but with all the excitement etc. we couldn't remember much about the meal. On our return we thought the food was good but not great. My Buffalo Ribeye steak was pretty tough and it was covered in too much sauce.Special Features:
- Good Food, But...BGGruffDined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent but finding a parking place in time to meet our reservation proved to be a challenge. The ambience was good but our table placement was situated just outside the entry to the kitchen. The very busy and efficient wait staff all had to pass by our table which was kind of a nuisance and detracted from the joy of an otherwise excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a nice dinnerHappyMomDined on 8/21/2014Very nice overall experience with nicely paired wine selections. A little disappointed the trout was not local, and thought the table upstairs was romantic, they could use a dimmer to add to the ambiance. My husband's elk was fabulous. My lamb chops were tasty but a little thin/dry even cooked medium rare.Special Features:
- Twin Owl Day 2FloridaSeniorsDined on 8/18/2014The brie appetizer was outstanding. We ordered the carrot soup and it was average. The Angus burger was the best I have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.