Twin Oaks Country Inn
30807 114th St
Wilmot, WI 53192Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Twin Oaks Country Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.twinoakscountryinn.com/
- Phone: 2628629377
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday 1:00pm - 7:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard C. Knox
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Banquet facility has a capacity of 200 people with a full service or custom designed menu's available.
A word from Twin Oaks Country Inn
Twin Oaks Country Inn is a charming, casual restaurant and Banquet facility located in Wilmot, Wisconsin in a 123 Year old Victorian House. With foodstuffs and locally grown products in addition to meats, fish and vegetables brought fresh from the markets in Chicago, the menu is an ever evolving list of decades of tried and true recipes as well as innovative new flavors. An award winning wine list and well rounded variety of spirits certainly appeals to all. Attention to detail is a priority with an emphasis on personal attention. It truly is Kenosha Counties Best Kept Secret.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Twin Oaks Country Inn - Best Restaurants in Wilmot ›
Twin Oaks Country Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (17)notable wine list (12)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2014We love Twin Oaks. It's very comfortable there and the ambiance is amazing. The service is always impeccable and the food is excellent. I was a little nervous to bring my 6 month old baby there, although I know it's noisy enough in case he got fussy (he didn't). The staff made sure we were comfortable and even knew the best way to position him at the table in his car seat. Everyone was careful not to bump into him as well and the staff greeted him with smiles, which he readily returned.Special Features:
- A Wisconsin gemAZLollyVIPDined on 10/10/2014An elegant little supper club set in a nice old mansion. The menu has something delicious for everyone from duck to beef Wellington. I could just eat the homemade bread and soup and be very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Local RestaurantMichiganBobDined on 10/7/2014The restaurant is in a nice large older home, and the dining areas are nicely decorated with local paintings (available for purchase). All of the dinner courses (salad, entree, dessert) were quite good, so we dined there two nights in a row. The wine list was better than average, and included both very nice and moderately priced selections. The wait staff were quite pleasant and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StevieBDined on 10/3/2014Twin Oaks is a consistently good restaurant that we have been patronizing for many years. We have always found the food and service to be excellent.Special Features:
- Really good!BbrodeskiVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food was great! Never responded to one of these before but was inspired to based on the nice experience and excellent food! We will go back for sure! By the way we are tough to impress as we have dined in many of the worlds top restaurants! We drove from Lake Geneva and will certainly do it many more times now that we have discovered this gem of a place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- datenight2Dined on 9/26/2014We had the Friday night Fish Fry and it was fresh, plentiful, and Delicious. The waitresses were happy to help and attentive. Would recommend to all our friends.Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary to Us!KnowWhatILikeDined on 9/20/2014We, including my father-in-law, went for an anniversary dinner (30!) Service was excellent, as always, server was attentive without being intrusive. Had a round of drinks, a bottle of wine, appetizers and three entrees, skipped dessert and still came in at around $55 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLauraDined on 9/16/2014The Food is simply delicious. Presented very superb, I will be returning to dine often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBriarpatchDined on 9/7/2014We usually dine at Twin Oaks two or three times each year. For the life of me, I can't tell you why I don't go more often. We have never had a bad, or even questionable experience on any visit. The entire staff is always professional, courteous and very personable. The food is absolutely fabulous. I hate to admit I am not as adventurous as my wife. The first time we dined a Twin Oaks, I ordered the filet; and have every time we've gone since. It is truly the best I've ever had. Go early enough - you may even get a free loaf of bread to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QualityRandallDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful night, great food - dinner for two with birthday girl. Staff was as vibrant as you want them to be, next table over couple was quiet and wanted to be alone, we wanted attention & received it! Food suggestions were nailed and dining impressive. We will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the listmrslinnisDined on 8/23/2014We had not dined at Twin Oaks Country Inn for two years and upon returning, were so pleased to find there was nothing that would leave us to not fully enjoy another fabulous dining experience there. Our server promptly greeted us and from that point on, she made for a delightful evening. She was highly qualified to represent the establishment and offered us suggestions on choices of entrees (four adult diners). Our meals were fantastic - three pasta dishes and one steak. All were presented hot and exactly as described on the menu which led to our chosen entrees. We all began with the chicken noodle soup - ?? - yes, it was the best any of us ever tasted, including our grandmothers. We will return soon and look forward to another nite.Special Features:
- A wonderful find!BarbDined on 8/23/2014We had an amazing dinner at Twin Oaks Country Inn and we're very surprised that it has been in existence for 23 years. Oh, how we wish we had known about this wonderful restaurant sooner! The food was superb, the wait staff was friendly and efficient, and the historical building is charming. We've already made another reservation and plan on taking friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr. GRplace2beDined on 8/19/2014Absolutely fabulous food, presentation, staff and environment. This is our place to come by ourselves and to bring our most special friends and families. A classy and Classic Place.Special Features:
- Always the bestDoodlebugDined on 8/10/2014It's our favorite restaurant! Celebrate everything there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening with FriendsBobADined on 8/9/2014Impecable service, excellent food was a great way to start our weekend. Our waiter, well versed, was to respond to all the questions tossed his way. Being from the North suburbs of Chicago trael was only 45 minutes. Not bad by any means Great dining and recommended across the boardSpecial Features:
- Fine diningJoelVIPDined on 8/3/2014Twin Oaks has always had consistently excellent food and service. The atmosphere is quiet and conducive to a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Our anniversary dinner placeFoodieFranDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I have been going to Twin Oaks for our anniversary every year for the past 18 years. We like the variety of entrees on the menu and have never had a bad meal. Entrees are generous. We rarely order dessert at other restaurants but always save room for dessert at Twin Oaks! Creme brulee....mmmmm! Oh and you have to try the potato leek soup too!Special Features:
- Quick pickOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Twin oaks opened 22 years ago and I was one of the first employees at the age of 15. The food has always been great. Haven't been there in years and oh my god I question myself as why I don't eat there more often, just so good. Will visit more often thank you Richard and all the great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet in a country settingretpedDined on 7/12/2014Have eaten here many times when in Southern Wisconsin. Never disappointed. Great food in a place so small it is hard to find on a map. We have never been disappointed and the menu specials are always worth trying. This time two couples each shared a prime rib dinner and the staff and kitchen did a great job in splitting the plates. Soups are wonderful. Svickova is very good but served with pasta and not dumplings as in a true Czech restaurant.(minor complaint).Special Features:
- A gemBasiaVIPDined on 7/6/2014We stumbled on this spot when we were out for a drive, used the OpenTable App to find someplace close for a meal. What a hidden gem this place it. The food was delicious. We loved the atmosphere, walls adorned with local artist paintings for sale. Our server was pleasant and suggested a perfect glass of wine to pair with our dinner. We will definitely return here.Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the Twin Oaks Country Inn reviews archive.
- CuteHMS66Dined on 6/18/2014Have been going there occasionally for the past 2 years. Small but friendly bar, and quaint restaurant with Victorian tones. The food is always good and the service is prompt and friendlySpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerKFSnanaDined on 6/17/2014We have been to Twin Oaks several times and it never disappoints me. The food is always Amazing and plentiful. There are not many restaurants I will go to anymore but this one is well worth the drive. I just hope they are able to keep it up because food and service like they give seems to be a thing of the past. Thank you for making birthdays, anniversaries, and just a date night so special.Special Features:
- Great experiencemckujameDined on 6/14/2014We had a great time. We visited twice once a party of six and again with a party of five. Everything was perfect. Friendly courteous staff, the food was fantastic. a truly great experience. I would recommend to my friends.Special Features:
- SpecialGerryfromIllinoisDined on 6/10/2014Great food with special sauces that complement the entrees. Large portions.Special Features:
- Salad not included?Fjhil1Dined on 6/8/2014We have dined at Twin Oaks a number of times (5+), however, on this visit we found that salads are no longer included with the meal. This really bumped the ticket up and for 5 people the bill with tip was $200 (grandparents each had a glass of wine, the balance of beverage was Pepsi). We probably won't return because of this large bump in pricing. Too bad because we really do like Twin Oaks, just not that much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/7/2014Twin Oaks delivered again. The seafood selection was unbelievable, I went with the halibut and it was awesome and the portion was HUGE! My husband ordered the beef wellington which was one of the best we ever had. Will be back for sure!!Special Features:
- Expensive but Great Food!foodloverDined on 5/31/2014Expensive but great food as always! We had our wedding reception in the banquet hall here and try to get back once a year. The food and service is fantastic but we were very disappointed to learn that they no longer are accepting the restaurant.com gift cards ($25 off a purchase of $50 or more). Unfortunately over $50 for dinner for our budget is too steep, so don't know if we'll be able to return.Special Features:
- Great FoodStormdevilDined on 5/17/2014I've been to Twin Oaks a handful of times now and the food and service has never disappointed. I had a good sized rib-eye and it was cooked perfectly, medium-rare with a nice charred crust. The only thing I can offer as a negative is that the entrees aren't served with soup or salad.Special Features:
- Skyhawk1Dined on 5/2/2014Food was excellent. It made for a great night out. The servers were friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kkdineDined on 4/26/2014I don't think the hostess checked "open table" reservations, because she did not have my name written down nor a table set up....but that was taken care of quickly. The staff overall were very friendly. Our server was great! The few times we have been here the food has been awesome! (have had filet x2 as well as salmon and seafood dishes). The menu is a little pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- meeting spotWINDLAKERSO01Dined on 4/4/2014Great place for dinner. We meet our friends here for dinner every 6 weeks. They live just over the border so this is our half way mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little priceyLucylooDined on 3/15/2014Food was good, don't get me wrong; however, the prices seemed a bit high. I didn't realize it was a la carte style meaning no soup or salad with even the most pricey entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have enjoyed eating at TwindesplainesgirlDined on 3/1/2014Have enjoyed eating at Twin Oaks several times over the past several years. I am a boater at the Chain. My boating group has enjoyed the food and ambience very much. Also brought family members on occasion and they enjoyed the restaurant also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with friendsWINDLAKERSO01Dined on 2/22/2014Our waitress was outstanding. Food was delicious. Homemade bread is really good. Bar tender was very personable and knew how to pour a drink. After dinner we sat at the bar for an after dinner drink and the owner's wife talked to us about our experience.She was very nice. We are planning on going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give this place a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/11/2014You won't be disappointed, food and service surpassed expectations.Special Features:
- never a disappointmentBillDined on 2/11/2014We drive up from the Chicago area at least once per year as a special treat. The service staff is delightful and the food is always great. We'll be back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!!!NaterDined on 2/8/2014All the food served at this restaurant is wonderful! A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant--old,TrinkaVIPDined on 2/1/2014Beautiful restaurant--old, large home converted. Very warm, comforting atmosphere. Wait staff was attentive but not intrusive, and they were very nice and respectful. Food was delicious. I loved their specialty bottles of wine. Great find for us--we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy RestaurantConnieDined on 1/29/2014We have been to Twin Oaks a few times. The food is always exceptional, and servers pleasant and capable. The home-like, attractive atmosphere adds to the dining event. We don't use the bar so can't comment on that aspect. I recommended it to friends the next night after our most recent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.