Twigs Bistro & Martini Bar - Northgate
401 NE Northgate Way
Seattle, WA 98125Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Twigs Bistro & Martini Bar - Northgate
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twigsbistro.com/
- Phone: 2063671376x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - Close
Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - Close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dan Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Twigs Bistro & Martini Bar - Northgate
Prepare for a unique dining experience that is casual yet memorable. Visit our locations and you will experience the perfect ambiance, making for a warm and inviting atmosphere. Food will tantalize a variety of palates. Experience your meal with one of our 36 Signature Martinis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Twigs Bistro & Martini Bar - Northgate reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (4)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- The bar is the best assestPenta5Dined on 8/19/2014We have been to Twigs several times and I have taken clients and foreign guests here. The bar is outstanding, the décor is modern and comfortable but the food and service can be hit or miss. They do a great burger and their pecan Caesar salad is a hit. Don't bother with the BBQ chicken salad; chunks of cubed chicken coated in bottled salty BBQ sauce is not so good. Last night’s adventure there was a challenge getting salt and pepper to the table as well as refills on water and ice tea, and the dishes were never cleared off the table. This establishment has the potential to be a gem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I took my daughter for dinner for happy hour. We split 3 dishes. The pork tacos were very dry. The coleslaw was tasteless. The calamarie was fine, just a very small portion. The flat bread was to salty for me to eat but my daughter liked it. All told it was a very average meal. I would not tell someone to either go or not go to your restaurant.
- servicePatGlowDined on 8/6/2014our server Brandon did an excellent job, always on time with beverages and foodSpecial Features:
- an excellent experirencegrouploveDined on 8/2/2014We met with a group of 25 people, Everyone was happy with their dinner food and the service was incomparable. Our Waiter, Brandon (I believe) was organized, polite, friendly and accommodating. We had separate checks and he managed this very well. We would definitely return with our group.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Service is slow, not a good place for a work day lunch. Would be fun for a evening get together, food is very good, and really nice atmosphereSpecial Features:
- aguyand3walkersDined on 5/27/2014Had top notch and sensitive service from waiter - sorry I forgot his name but 'wears' lots of stars. My guests were three older women with walkers. He knew how to serve and respond to their needs.....and mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back but not soonCharlieZVIPDined on 5/23/2014The service was spotty - the martinis were NOT awesome as was the expectation from the name of the place. They were served in non descript short glasses. We asked for cold and extra dry. Not what was delivered to the table. The food was good so we will be back but not rushing to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchBrettinSeattleDined on 5/11/2014Had Sunday brunch. The food selection and quality were great. Lots of variety and presented nicely. Wait staff was extremely understaffed, but did their best to keep up and not keep tables waiting too long.Special Features:
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Attended your Mother's Day brunch and everyone in our party had an excellent time. The food was excellent and who doesn't enjoy a good chocolate fountain! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014Twigs has a wonderful happy hour food menu. The small steak was very good as were the fish and chipsSpecial Features:
- Great for Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2014This place is great for a happy hour with friends, price for the food is just right- variety to choose ,quite healthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, drink, and atmosphereSararooDined on 5/3/2014We went to Twigs with our in laws for dinner. The drink menu is diverse and interesting. We sampled 5 different drinks and loved them all. The happy hour menu has many unique and very tasty choices. The decor is clean and modern. We sat next to the fireplace in the middle of the room. The service was impeccable and the entrees were diverse and tasty. I highly recommend the butternut squash flat bread and the double pork sandwich. My only minor complaint was that the temperature was a bit too cold for my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 34 reviews are from the Twigs Bistro & Martini Bar - Northgate reviews archive.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014I've been there twice and enjoyed what I ordered. It does take awhile before food comes up. Our group had 6pm reservations and we didn't get our food until 7pm. Also, it was my birthday and the server mentioned a free birthday dessert but never brought it.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood additionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Decided to try this restaurant with a friend for the first time. I was amazingly surprised by the ambience, menu and service. Friend and I tried the One starter and one appetizer for $18 and was pretty amazed by the selections. My entree arrived and after a few bites decided it was bit undercooked for my liking and the server was awesome and offered to take it back to the chef to cook some more. he removed the piece of meat only and when it came back it was the same piece but presented as a whole meal again. I thought that was very considerate. Will definitely return with more friends.Special Features:
- Fun meeting spotAngieDined on 4/19/2014Twigs is not going to win any James Beard awards or anything, but it's a good addition to Northgate and a great meeting spot. It's got more of a bistro vibe than the other places there, and was a good meeting place for girlfriends.Special Features:
- AccomodationcapsDined on 4/5/2014Accommodated 20 guests:2 adjacent tables to fit 10 people each.Would've preferred 1 table to enjoy each others company better. The food is good, but not that memorable.Twigs Signature Fries with Gorgonzola Fondue:fries had a nice kick of flavor from the cayenne,but the gorgonzola fondue isn't to die for.I liked it, but didn't love it.It charged an extra $3 on a small bowl.We got tired of eating it after a few bites that ketchup would've sufficed.We loved their Argentinean Fish Tacos:It had all the right spices and fixings.Calamari a la Romana:not any different than any restaurant that serves fried Calamari...so if you love fried Calamari, go for it....if not, it's not a big deal if you don't get to have a taste of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/1/2014The service was great and the food was pretty good. Some definitely better than others! Enough space to fit large groups of people, and the drinks are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mall adjacent restaurantLariatVIPDined on 3/28/2014So expect well scripted service (and equaully well executed), and a mix & match menu - teriyaki, fish & chips, paste & pizza. Reliable yet occaionally overly creative. Food is average to good. The marketed 30-martini menu gets tiredsome to read after the third items and does not go beyond sugar mixture varieties. Unless you are a lemon drop or appletini kind of person, stick with the classic. A decent last minute don't-know-what-I-feel-like kind of restaurent. For variety, try Sanford, which is one-step away from mall adjacent, whose service impromtu and equally well executed.
- Good timesKayeDined on 3/27/2014We had a very lovely evening, the service was GREAT, efficient but nonintrusive. We have dined outside which is great in the summer. The parking is grim , but no fault of the restaurant. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightGillyDined on 3/20/2014Picking a spot for a family dinner is not always easy, but Twigs Bistro was the perfect place to meet, talk, and have an excellent meal. Prices were very reasonable which made me, Dad, even happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow, indifferent serviceexperienceddinerDined on 3/9/2014Poor, slow service - the restaurant was not busy at all and the servers routinely disappeared into the back kitchen area. Our server was slow to approach, rarely stopped back, seemed indifferent and after delivering our food never checked back, had to flag him down, finally ordered a second glass of wine, he never brought it - another server brought it after I asked a second time. I really got the feeling that they were uninterested - except for the hostess who was exceptionally friendly but never at the host area. So lots of waiting in a mostly empty restaurant. Very poor. Having said that the food was amazing and the wine I had was excellent. So unfortunate about the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great HospitalityPaddyDined on 2/22/2014The staff is really good , food is great , ambiance is niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Martini ListmaricrisDined on 2/18/2014Went here after watching a movie. They have great Happy Hour menu. Tried the Truffle Penne and it was delicious! Will be trying out other foods as well. I say prices are a little on the steep side for just a bistro bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well taken care offoodiex2Dined on 2/14/2014I'm really big on service and our server Stephanie was the icing on the cake. We ate good, mingled and had to notch service. Twigs always has great food and the setting never fails. We will be back there again and soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twigs NorthgatedjdjDined on 2/14/2014Really good Martini's. Food is very good if a bit rich. The fries with the gorgonzola sauce are a must have. It is a bit odd though given that the space is so huge. This used to be a Macaroni Grill. FYI. This is not an intimate little martini oriented bistro. Think more a giant restaurant with a trendy bar in the middle and lots of dining tables on the perimeter. All in all very good overall. Staff is most courteous, always a plus. djSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business lunchAnneVIPDined on 2/4/2014I met a client here for lunch. The food was delicious. The wait staff very good about not hovering. I will definitely return again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Menu, Great ServiceBobGDined on 1/18/2014The drink menu is Great, the food menu good, but this place shines for the service. Not only was our waiter attentive and eager to please, but everyone I saw seemed to have the same upbeat attitude. That can make all the difference in the world. We'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect holiday lunch settingPollyDined on 1/8/2014Treated my professional staff to a 'late' Holiday Luncheon. All were thrilled! Food was superb; people came in at a couple of different times and wait staff timed and accomodated us perfectly! Many kudos and thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre at bestpdubDined on 12/30/2013It's great they offer gluten-free options, but the food was quite mediocre.Special Features:
- Really great foodCanadaCathieDined on 11/5/2013We came in on a Monday evening at 6:30. We had reservations and were seated right away at. A table by the beautiful fireplace. The food was fabulous. Butternut squash flatbread was out of this world good. Our martinis were really good too. I told the waiter I didn't like sweet drinks and he recommended a lime-basil Kamakaze. Wow - soooo good. Our entrees were Steak Mzythra - really good. Perfectly cooked pasta and steak. I highly recommend this place for great food and drinks.Special Features:
- Good ambienceMandyDined on 10/23/2013Great ambience, great customer service and very good food. Exceeded my expectations.Special Features:
- Usually betterSeaCVIPDined on 10/13/2013Server seemed defensive and high-strung, and food was mediocre at best. Not our usual experience, so hopefully it will be better next time or we won't return. It seemed to be run by a staff of trainees on this night.
- OksamthemanVIPDined on 10/11/2013Nothing special here. Friendly, but service and food only fair. Not a place we would run back to.
- Comfortable, but not for talkingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2013I met with my book club, four elderly women, for lunch, and found it to have comfortable seating and excellent food, but very difficult for discussion -- the noise level just got higher and higher. By the end I felt I had been running a race, and was exhausted by the effort to hear or be heard. We could hear a gentleman two tables away speaking very loudly in order to be heard. The service started out excellent, but as the room filled up and got louder, it became a bit difficult to get the attention of our waiter, who was handling more tables by then than would seem practical. I feel we were just in the wrong place for our purpose, which was to discuss books!Special Features:
- I was there with an olderOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2013I was there with an older woman and was concerned about sitting in a noisy area. They let us pick the spot which worked great. We had a lovely lunch for her 90th birthday. The waiter was very nice and gave us really good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time to this place asTimOVIPDined on 8/3/2013First time to this place as it only opened up at Northgate in April. Staff was pleasant and professional and the food was good for all the dishes we ordered.Special Features:
- I really like this placeeileencaDined on 7/20/2013This has become one of my favs! Diverse menu for all ages. Something for everyone here from salads, pizza, sandwiches, full meals. I love that most dinner items have two sizes. The small is always adequate, keeps me from overeating and keeps prices more reasonable. Cocktails are great and they have a nice area for outdoor dining. It is the fairly chic for Northgate. I hope it is around for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2013The hostess was great. Our server tried hard, but he was a bit slow in checking in at our table. Did not seem very confident about our orders. According to YELP reviews, the service consistently needs work. Maybe better training will help? The cocktail selections and menu items are wonderful. There is something for everyone: kids, vegetarians, carnivores, etc.Special Features:
- PIzza and pasta could be betterphoebeDined on 6/22/2013The chicken pesto dish I had was very good, but the pizza and pasta dishes my kids ordered were not very good. The pizza was chewy and bland. The donuts for dessert were very good however.
- Great atmosphere, and decor!MK2005Dined on 6/22/2013Great atmosphere, and decor! Food was excellent as well. Our waiter was a bit slow and not super friendly but other employees at the restaurant compensated well by being attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.