28 N. Main St.
Saint Albans, VT 05478Neighborhood:
St. Albans, VT
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twiggsvt.com/
- Phone: 8025241405
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday : 11am - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Twiggs can create the perfect menu to make your large or small event a success. We cater to your good taste as well as your budget. Regular take-out is also available for an easy, delicious meal at home. You can even have our chefs come to your kitchen to do their magic! Just give Chow!Bella a call anytime, when you want heavenly food.
- Private Party Facilities: Twiggst offers a diverse range of possibilities for any meeting or event.
- Entertainment: We offer live entertainment featuring local music & comedy.
A word from Twiggs
Twiggs is a unique Vermont classy craft beer and martini bar and full service restaurant located in the newly revitalized downtown area of St Albans, Vermont. Twiggs is an amazing place to relax and enjoy an evening of fine dining and an outstanding list of Vermont craft beers, wines and signature martinis paired with farm fresh food topped with our 14 Star beer sauces. Twiggs also features a talented compliment of local artistry and musicians that will entertain you through your experience with us. Twiggs is the perfect place to catch a sporting event, unwind with business colleagues, or just relax with friend and family. Come and be our guest!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Twiggs - Best Restaurants in St. Albans, VT ›
Twiggs reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)great for outdoor dining (10)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)good for groups (4)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Dropped the ball tonightcometmvpDined on 8/29/2014We occasionally dine at Twiggs, and things are pleasing about 30% of the time. Service is usually a little slow and food has come out more than once- over cooked, burnt or not correct. Why we go back? Food (when done right) is good and the sweet potato fries are to die for! Well, after 30min of watching multiple tables arriving after we ordered receiving their food.. waiter came out to say he addressed the kitchen about our food not coming out. Long story short, our food never got cooked and eventually we received it. Apologies were made and the manager took care of our bill. I am thankful for that and appreciate the effort of the restaurant- that might prompt us to go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice NightmamakimDined on 8/23/2014We went on the opening night for Local Fare and there were festivities and live music. The waitress was attentive and the food was good. We have a 3 year old, who was given coloring book and crayons. It really helped keep her patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014An iceberg "salad" ( a few croutons & grated parmesan cheese) for an entrée price of $10?Special Features:
- Huge ImprovementGeorgiaVermontDined on 8/6/2014We went right when Twiggs opened and it was good, but now that we've returned, this will become a regular hangout. The restaurant week deal last night was 50% off burgers with an alcoholic beverage. The beer list at Twiggs has always been impressive and has only gotten better. You'll find the local stars 14th Star on top, but that's only the start. There's a substantial list of beers on tap that's well worth working your way through. Staff were attentive, food was excellent, and we finally tried the Moroccan wings, and they were definitely worth it. Those will become a staple order, especially when Twiggs retains the 50% off appetizer deal from Restaurant Week. We were also told they plan to keep the $3 margarita night.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerartfuldodgerDined on 8/5/2014We enjoyed our dinner and had a friendly wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dianasnoteDined on 8/2/2014The steak was prepared to my expectations. Very friendly professional service. The only negative is that I feel TVs DO NOT need to be placed at every angle. Actually TVs are too much of a distraction and don't belong in this type of atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening OutSusiibDined on 6/27/2014We enjoyed the original food choices and loved the food! Our waiter was superb! My son suggested Twiggs, and I am so glad I went. Terrific!Special Features:
- love2dinelove2dineDined on 6/13/2014The food was excellent and Twiggs has now become a weekly place for us to go to. We have brought several of our friends there & this past Friday dined with one of my sons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014This was the first time we've eaten at this restaurant and it was very good. We had for starters -Irish Nachos - they were great, and Fried Mac & Cheese Balls. I had the vegetarian lover’s gluten-free flatbread; it was very good, even as leftovers the next day. My family had - Ringster, BLT, Diced Beets & Goat Cheese Salad and grilled cheese. Afterwards we walked around the park and listened to the live band playing. I thought it was a very nice place and would certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love2dinelove2dineDined on 5/28/2014We had just been to Twiggs a week ago & experienced a delightful dinner of salmon. Our friends were having their 64th wedding anniversary and rarely go out to eat . We decided that we would take them to Twiggs & they enjoyhed it immensely. We felt it was very nice that at the end of our meal we received a free dessert from management to celebrate their anniversary. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dininglove2dineDined on 5/24/2014We went to Twiggs after attending another event so were a little over dress. The service was superb and we had the best pan seared salmon that I have ever had. This is really a compliment as my wife had lived on the ocean for years. We plan on bringing some friends to dinner to experience the wonderful meal and service. Really a gem in our little St.Albans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014The booth seats are way too low, tables are very highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 71 reviews are from the Twiggs reviews archive.
- Great placeLGVTDined on 5/11/2014Although I hate the foodie term "gastro pub" (sounds like something that needs pest control) they do fit this bill. Great food, nice surroundings and attentive service.Special Features:
- Good Food but....PengDined on 5/11/2014I love the food at Twiggs. It is excellent. The trouble is the service. We sat down at 6:30. The table next to us sat down at 6:45. They finished their meal and paid before we received our food. We ordered two distinctly different beers (one dark and one golden) and received two of the dark beers. When we mentioned that they were the same beer the lady who brought them told us they were different. We had to return one of the beers to the bar to get the correct one. One burger cooked correctly one not. They got the check wrong as well.Special Features:
- Disappointed on Mother's DayMorningStarDined on 5/11/2014We have been to Twiggs more than several times, mostly a stop before a BFA hockey game and we sit on the bar side. Always receive great service. Food good and consistent. But on Mother's Day, we decided to have an early dinner, at 4:30pm, hoping to avoid the crowd and in hopes service would be prompt (due to hopefully not being as busy). We waited too long for everything. I'm not sure why everything took so long and I noticed other tables seeming too be experiencing the same thing. We were sitting in the back area of main restaurant. Party of 4. This won't keep us from returning, but if it had been my first time there, I might not visit again. All my other visits have been 4-star thou.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFoodloverDined on 5/2/2014We had wings and burgers and both were great. The burgers were 50/50 patties, 50% beef and 50% bacon...different and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall goodTeresaDined on 4/29/2014We did have one meal that was charged but not delivered to the table it was in addition to another item the customer ordered. The meal was removed from the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We've had great experiences here a few times. We decided to bring the kids for dinner, and the food was delicious as usual. My only complaint was that the mac 'n Out we ordered for the kids came out just out of the oven and was way too hot - they weren't able to eat much at all, and the plates were dangerous to have on the small table with children in reach of them. If you could let those plates cool, or transfer the food to another plate before serving, it would make for an even better experience for families!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Nice meal, good waitress. Live music was nice, but way too loud for where we were sitting!Special Features:
- Great food & ambiance! Affordable!DT05478Dined on 4/6/2014I've now dined at Twiggs several times and they never fail to provide outstanding service, as well as excellent, affordable food and drinks. I've been there for "date night," met friends for dinner, had lunch with girlfriends, celebrated our twenty-something's birthday, and attended a business lunch meeting there. This funky little gastropub has more personality than one might expect in the quaint town of St. Albans, Vermont. One of my new favorite menu items is the crab-cakes! You can make a meal out of this appetizer! Once you dine at Twiggs, you'll find yourself becoming a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Wait to Go To Twiggs AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014I have been wanting to go to Twiggs since it opened, finally went 4-5-2014 for my birthday dinner. We all loved the food and atmosphere....can't wait to go again. My husband said it should be our new hangout!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itVegetarianDined on 3/21/2014I booked my reservation online and my table was ready! My friend and I ate dinner and caught up. It had great atmosphere and food. Excellent waitressSpecial Features:
- Great local food and good ambianceCarrottop4uDined on 3/21/2014We started our meal with the Irish Nachos, which were excellent and quite a surprise. Good portion for an appetizer as well. We each had an entree (I had the sirloin steak special and my husband had the fish and chips). The portions were generous, the food was well-presented and tasty and it came out warm. The drink menu was adequate and I had a tasty red wine with dinner. Would recommend this restaurant and we will visit again to try one of their many specialty hamburgers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!donnaparfittDined on 3/17/2014Yummy St Patrick's Day dinner but the food is always fantastic!!!Special Features:
- Service was very slow butEllenDined on 3/15/2014Service was very slow but food was awesome once we got itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going backChoosyVIPDined on 3/13/2014There weren't enough wait staff. Our server was very good, however, there were only two wait staff for the whole restaurant. We waited a very long time for our burgers so it appears that there weren't enough kitchen staff either. it lacks the warmth, charm, and culinary delights attributed to the previous owner. Some general cleaning is needed as well. The long waited burger and fries were good, however, the selections from the menu are limited.
- Good food howeverTGIFDined on 3/8/2014My food was cold-the first time this has happened. And the silverware was dirty. This was not the first time this has happened. Our waitress was exceptional and took care of everything right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeVegetarianDined on 3/7/2014We enjoyed our dinner at twiggs. Prices are fair-high. Rather noisy but it was busy. Good service. Good lighting and atmosphere. Meals were good. Salad generous portion. Chicken tenders were small portion- fries too many.Special Features:
- Dinner & a MovieEarlyDinnerDined on 3/3/2014Brought our two Grandsons to have dinner. Only concern was it did take awhile for our order to be served. The Restaurant was not busy. It worked out OK as we were not late for the Movie and we all enjoyed the food. No one said good-bye on our way out or thanked us . Not a real big issue, but a nice touch to end the occasion of having dinner there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub-par for vegetariansMelbaDined on 2/21/2014Our beet salads were good, except for the beets! Each salad came with a huge pile of anaemic, maybe canned beets dumped on top. Not very appetizing when there are plenty of fresh ingredients to be had in VT. The vegetarian options were very limited and the chef seems to think that a soupy beer cheese sauce should be dumped on everything. My mac n cheese was more like a soup than the baked comfort food I was craving. Our design-your-own flatbread came out with the wrong ingredients, even though we designed it in paper and gave the ticket to the server. At least the beer selections were good! I recommend this place for drinks and apps, but the rest of the food was sub-par.Special Features:
- Went for their Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Went for their Valentine's day special. Staff was very friendly. Menu selection was varied and enticing. Meal was well done and satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a neat spotdylanmailDined on 2/8/2014Twiggs really specializes in neat combinations of burgers. The house burger mix is half beef and half bacon, but all beef or even veggie is available. You can build your own, and a neat feature were the little slips with all the combinations so you could fill it out and not have anything lost in translation. The fact that they were in a little Vermont paper holder with a rustic little log of a pencil was a nice little detail! The dessert offering was good,but it would be nice to see more than one. Service is maybe a bit too relaxed at times, but it's a neat place to hang out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place but two loudsmpeanut13Dined on 2/1/2014I really like the food here and the service is wonderful, but I don't enjoy eating in a place that the band playing is so loud I cannot talk to the people I am eating with. Beside the noise level of the band being to loud the place is awesome. Maybe they can find a happy noise level.
- Great MenuAtkinsDined on 2/1/2014My husband and I were excited to try the new menu items. The whole experience from the time we were seated till we left was great. Out waitress was outstanding and had a great personality. The rail city wrap was delicious as was my husband flatbread that he designed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceLGVTDined on 1/18/2014Pluses Seated promptly and close to guitarist Waitress was courteous and attentive, despite her appearing to be very new Manager was courteous and attentive, especially after being told we had a long wait for entrees. He kept us informed and then gave us a discount After asking I was offered a fresh-baked cookie dessert for son's birthday Food was excellent, well prepared, good portions Minuses Have live (or recorded music) all the time 45 minute cook time for entrees, waitress never realized this was an issue, had to talk to manager to get it resolved Did not have the Pretzel app or the Fish & Chips (both items we wanted) Overall a very good experience and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday Eveningkl2014Dined on 1/16/2014Group of 6 made reservations for a Thursday evening, place was busy. Service was satisfactory, but the food was disappointing. My burger was overcooked, and my veggies were undercooked. Food took longer than usual to arrive. This is not my first visit, and will not be my last-most of my other visits have been excellent.Special Features:
- great experienceluv2eatoutDined on 1/13/2014Great experience at twiggs. The Baja salmon salad was excellent and just large enough to fill me up. My friend got a burger and it was a very generous portion. Food was good service was excellent I will dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very expensive and quite unorganizehungryDined on 1/4/2014very expensive and quite unorganized. the food tastes great but a burger for $12 should come with fries instead of being charged $3 more. 4 small skins for $8! service was very friendly bur unbelievably slow! (25 min fir the skins)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Placesmpeanut13Dined on 1/4/2014This place was wonderful. It is simple pub food done very well. It had a great list of local beers and drinks made with local liquor. Everything was cooked right. Food came out just right to give us enough time to enjoy our appetizer. I would go and eat here again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placepfernaldDined on 12/31/2013My wife is an ovo lacto vegie and the choices presented were quite adequate and delicious. The service and attention were pleasant and informative concerning the menu choices and ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.