16 Great Valley Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://twenty9restaurant.com/
- Phone: (610) 251-9229
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Edward Tietjen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Twenty9 is a Full Service Event Cater and provides the ideal setting for any major corporate event, family event and yes even a wedding reception. The menu offers an array of New American options prepared with global panache. We can host events as small as 20 scaling up to 200 in house as well as off-site. We have private rooms available and will make your experience one to remember.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a beautiful private dining room that is an enclosed deck located on the main floor of our restaurant which overlooks a landscaped panorama.
- Private Party Contact: Patricia Archie 4845577567
- Entertainment: Live entertainment is offered Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday Nights. Feature vocalists such as HD Duo, Music Majic, The Hurricane's, and Ebony & Ivory are among a few that will bring you to your feet.
A word from Twenty9 Restaurant
Twenty9 is the newest success from partners Stephen Scutti and Executive Chef Edwin Tietjen, whose jointly-owned restaurant in Media, PA (Stephen's) has been topping the charts since 2003. Now, in concert with Patricia Archie, they have joined forces again to debut Twenty9, an upscale Malvern retreat located in the Great Valley Corporate Center. At 7,000 square feet, this two-level destination is a combined fine-dining restaurant, casual sports bar, and special event venue - all conveniently situated under a single roof. By day, Twenty9 accommodates the thriving businesses in the corporate center and surrounding areas, offering dine-in and delivered lunches, as well as lunch buffets. By night, Twenty9 dons its chic after-dark persona, with a focus on Happy Hour socializing, live music, and leisurely dining overlooking a landscaped panorama. From contemporary dining on the main floor to a sports bar on the lower level, to live music, Twenty9 provides the ideal setting for everyone!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Twenty9 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (27)great for outdoor dining (24)vibrant bar scene (16)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (13)special occasion (11)romantic (8)hot spot (8)neighborhood gem (8)scenic view (7)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- GreatchrisDined on 1/18/2014This was our second visit here and loved everything Had great service great food great time. Every person we met working there was very friendly and made our visit outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and nice atmosphereKevinGDined on 1/16/2014For a quiet dinner be sure to get a table in the back room, it's separate from the bar area and has a much more upscale feeling, and there's a nice view out the back windows from most seats there. The seafood we got was excellent, as were the salad and dessert. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy on the Spices!SubukaiVIPDined on 1/14/2014On this repeat visit to Twenty9, I chose the fantastic steak dish my husband had last time, and once again it was winner. Husband, however, decided to try something different and went for the spaghetti and clams. When his dish arrived, I immediately reached over to steal a clam (as you do), and found it delicious but a little on the spicy side. As my husband tried to eat his meal, he kept complaining how spicy it was and I thought he might have been acting over dramatic. We asked our server for some Alfredo sauce to try to kill the heat with a little dairy - after this addition, I tasted it and realized Husband was not overreacting - we're talking 4 out of five chiles on the Thai menu hot. Will be back but not for that dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal2FoodiesDined on 1/13/2014My husband & I were very happy with our experience at Twenty9. We went on a Monday so that we could take advantage of the bring your own wine night, which is allowed on Sunday and Monday evenings. The savings on the drinks allowed us to enjoy the wonderful food menu, which is priced in the higher range. We had the steak egg rolls as appetizer and they were delicious. For entrees we had the divers scallops and pasta bolognese, both were outstanding. The service was great, waiter did not rush us and food arrived hot and fresh. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Quality Food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/13/2014We have been here several times and always, the food is outstanding!! Had both seafood and steaks; always cooked to perfection. The scallops dish is great. Had the shrimp and mahi-mahi dish this last time and it was great. Seasoned just right and the fish was not overcooked and dry. Very tasty. Have had steaks before and again, cooked perfectly and tasted great. Had the steak topped with crab meat and WOW!! Our last visit, the waiter completely forgot our order for the appetizer, so we really surprised and very disappointed with that, but this is the first time we have had that problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad servicejmc1026Dined on 1/11/2014Dinner was actually delicious the problem was are waiter. He was a older gentlemen very soft spoken could not even here the special because he spoke so low. On the nite we went it was very empty maybe three other table in the place and other servers too. We order drinks and got our appetizers before our drink our food runner had to remind him to put our drink order in. The best part came when he brought us our check on our copy only at the bottom he wrote "suggestive tip 18% " which was quit tacky I was really taken back by that I generally tip at least 20% but he got what he asked for 18% his loss. would definitely go back just would not want him as our server againSpecial Features:
- Bar or restaurant?ChescoDinerDined on 1/10/2014Went on a Friday night when a 5-6 piece band was crammed into a corner of the bar. Music started waaay too early (8:40ish) and came screaming into the back dining area whenever someone opened the connecting door, which was every 8 seconds. The waitress explained that the downstairs room, where bands usually play on Friday nights, was booked for a private party. So you simply wedge them into the bar upstairs? The noise was deafening. Add to that the icy parking lot where NO EFFORT WAS MADE TO SALT OR BRINE. My wife and I had to walk on a skating rink to get to our car. Can you say, LIABILITY? Somebody'd better put their thinking cap on. The high price of the food didn't match up with the experience. Word of mouth is going out. See ya..Special Features:
- The BirthdaydaveDined on 1/10/2014I have been before and that is why I returned. It was my girl friend's birthday and her children and I went for dinner. We were on the enclosed porch. It was plenty warm there. The service and food were great. I was somewhat disappointed as I remember the food to be superb, not just good. Service was fine and the facility was great. I'd go again. Next time I'll order the filet or braised ribs. They are ALWAYS EXCELLENT. It was a great celebration and we had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- too loud for usfoodie1VIPDined on 1/9/2014Twenty 9 is in the enter of a corporate center. the business crowd was animated and loud. the alternate dining area was cold so we took a table I the central area adjacent to the bar. a better choice than keeping our coats on. the food was OK. don 't order the wedge salad; it is too ordinary even with boston lettuce.Special Features:
- J&J - 01-14-14JimandJudyDined on 1/4/2014Given the cost of dining out these days, one wants nothing to disrupt the experience. We had a very good experience here and plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive, small and veryEatoutVIPDined on 1/4/2014Too expensive, small and very expensive wine list.
- Went for New Year's eve andDavidFVIPDined on 12/31/2013Went for New Year's eve and was sadly disappointed. Food was average at best, service was average at best too. But what more do you expect on New Years. We'll give it a rest but will return for another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very niceDawnDined on 12/31/2013My date and I decided on Twenty9 as a last minute spot for New Year's Eve and are so happy we did. We sat at the bar and had drinks and dinner. The seafood soup was one of the best soups I've ever tasted and the Chicken Stephen was excellent too. The service was good, everyone was friendly, it was a nice crowd. And, lastly, the band was excellent and had people up dancing all night. I am very happy with our experience and would definitely recommend this venue to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013Very over priced for New Years Eve ! Band was very good, but to loud at any spot in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In general I like this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 12/31/2013In general I like this restaurant. Have been a few times now. Food and service always very good. New Year's Eve dinner was going well until a live group started their sound check and subsequent set while we were still eating. The noise level was almost unbearable and made conversation impossible. So although I can recommend 29 for food I would suggest checking if there is to be live music and give it a pass if you are hoping for conversation over dinner. The size of the place does not lend itself to loud live music.Special Features:
- Good food, good musicpabrowneyedgirlVIPDined on 12/31/2013One of the best places for good music and dancing.Special Features:
- AlmostLeFoggDined on 12/31/2013Took my girlfriend here for dinner on New Year's Eve for a romantic dinner as it was one of the few places left that had any room. It has an extremely large bar area and the bar was, of course, packed and very loud. The dining area in which we were seated was much smaller and quieter thankfully. At the beginning our waiter seemed almost brusque and a little annoyed at having to work New Year's Eve. Over the course of the evening he warmed up and became quite friendly. The food, according to my girlfriend, was excellent although I was not as overwhelmed. She is very hard to please when it comes to food as she is a chef in her own right. While everything was almost very good there were always these minor jarring notes that detracted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as Usual!4MalvernFoodiesDined on 12/31/2013The consistently outstanding food is what keeps bringing us back. We chose to spend our New Years Eve dinner at Twenty9 and loved it. As we were arriving, we remembered that we had spent our Valentine's dinner there as well along with numerous mid-week dinners when I was too tired to cook. My husband prefers to eat at home because he claims that I am a gourmet chef but I believe that the chef at Twenty9 may have me beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fabulous, service wasRelaxedDinerDined on 12/28/2013Food fabulous, service was great. Enjoyed the sun porch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet..elegantmarthonerDined on 12/23/2013Great meal with amazing portions.good wine list. Nice dining area with great view of the valley.excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedYummyVIPDined on 12/21/2013I think they try, but fall short. This was our second visit. I ordered the Chicken Stephen. The kale was unexpectedly spicy which ruined it for me. Very little crab ( more part of the sauce) and the chicken was thigh pieces. For the cost of the menu items, we just expected so much more. We get amazing food for the same price at other establishments and do not plan to return.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/18/2013My first time at the "new" Twenty 9. Quite disappointing. The noise level was beyond anything I've experienced. So loud we could not even hear the person next to us. We did get moved to the room in the back. The noise there was less robust. Our wait person was average at best. He messed up several orders but we all ultimately got our orders. The food was good but certainly not to the level of the menu pricing. Short Ribs for $30+; are you kidding. Being in the service business I hope you appreciate these comments. I highly doubt that I will be back nor recommending your establishment for any future lunch or dinner meetings unless all the above improves.
- Good FoodJerryVIPDined on 12/17/2013This was our fourth visit Twenty9 Restaurant. The food has been consistently good. This time the service was slow for no apparent reason. We had to sit in the bar dinning room as the back dining room was taken for a private party. The bar dining room was a little noisy due to happy hour. Overall we will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot to take clientsMellowVIPDined on 12/17/2013Had taken a client to Twenty9 for a holiday "thank-you" lunch. Even though we had a early seating, I was surprised at how quickly it had filled up. The wait staff was excellent / attentive, and the food was very good. I couldn't have had a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never let downmichaeldoorVIPDined on 12/9/2013The food is very good and consistent. I always try something different and they haven't let me down yet,Special Features:
- Downstairs reviewLeannDined on 12/7/2013Good was very good. Waiter. Izzy, was wonderful. Basement atmosphere not the best. We will go back. I do recommend.Special Features:
- Nice spot but....$$$samoasDined on 11/9/2013Let me preface this by saying I do not mind splurging on a nice dinner. Twenty9 is off the beaten path. Liked the atmosphere. Interior was cozy for a chilly night.. Food was decent but very pricey IMO. Had a gift card and put it to use with another couple. Two rounds of drinks for 3 of us, apps , dinner & dessert came to $330 with tip. Nice selection of craft beers. Loved the stuffed mushrooms. Blue point oysters at $3 a pop! Yummy yet overpriced. Was torn between 2 entrees. I had Short rib entree. It was just okay. Hubby's Chicken Stephen was delicious. Our server was attentive however not engaging. All in all, I would go back to hang at the bar and have some beers & apps or a sandwich. Doubt I would go back for a full dinner.Special Features:
- Short Rib Bolognese was to Die For!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2013Food is always great here... The waiter ( Mike) was attentive and pleasant.. we will be back very soon... ThanksI would recommend this to a friend.
- Its a gemmichaeldoorVIPDined on 11/3/2013I have been there several limes and I would have to say the food is very consistent. I took a friend that was gluten free and they accommodated her easily...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, so-so dining experienceTaterbugVIPDined on 11/2/2013My meat-eating husband and son enjoyed their entrees (one had chicken quesadillas, the other fried chicken), but there weren't a lot of options for vegetarians. I did enjoy the Kennett Square mushroom appetizer, though, and the waiter suggested a lovely Chardonnay (Toasted Head) when I discovered that my favorite (Kendall Jackson) wasn't on the wine list. Why is it, though, that's many restaurants are opting for the industrial look, which usually means that there are no soft surfaces to absorb noise? While not as bad as the noise level at Nectar or The White Dog, the sound level was high enough to make hearing dinner companions difficult. Spring for some rugs, tapestries, or other sound-absorbing materials, please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They did not even ask if weJoyceDined on 11/1/2013They did not even ask if we had a Reservation. Which I took the time to make. The food was good but a bit pricey The Loud band was just outside the door and could have been abit softer. It was my husbands birthday so I was looking for a romantic dinner spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average but overpricedPHLWesternSuburbsFoodieDined on 10/30/2013Twenty9 is located where Boathouse was previously. It had been years since I had been to this location and I thought I would give it another try. The food was average and overpriced. The staff was nice, polite and cordial, but small details were missed to make it a wonderful experience. The food had too much salt in the soup, too much sugar in the sauces, and too much cheese in the lobster mac and cheese; where the cheese overwhelms the dish and you can't taste the lobster. There are many choice in the western suburbs that are not chains that do a superb job on the dishes. Twenty9 was just average and overpriced.
- Nice evening outDfamilyDined on 10/27/2013Service light on Sunday evening But food was excellent. On the pricier side for a bar atmosphere but nice spot for a couples eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Lousy ServiceKathleenVIPDined on 10/26/2013This was our second trip to Twenty9 and both visits have provided us with excellent food. Our first visit had service to match. This time, the service was terrible. We had to ask the waiter to tell us the special, and it went down hill from there. He was scattered and confused. Not once was our water filled or our plates removed without us explicitly requesting it, and even then it took more than one request. I am hoping this was just an off night with a flaky waiter. If this had been our first experience, we would not be likely to return. It really is a shame because the food is great. My scallops were perfect and my husband's Ahi was excellent.Special Features:
- Great barn-like building.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2013Great barn-like building. Very large dining room with the largest bar I've ever seen. The appetizers were wonderful. My Daughter will come back just for the tuna and crab ceviche. The Filet Mignon was amazing but a little pricey. I found the wine list to be limited and very pricey. Great for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseWXMANNYVIPDined on 10/15/2013Driving from Long Island to York, PA. we needed to take a break for a bite to eat. We checked out what was in the area on Open Table and found this great restaurant off the HWY in a beautiful industrial park. Prices were reasonable (cheaper than Panera and or a Applebees etc…) plus the food was so much better. We sat by the window overlooking the awesome fall colors. Thank you for a nice break and good food for our trip, will be stopping in again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant surprise.this1is4meDined on 10/13/2013A very pleasant surprise. The atmosphere, food, service were all very good. I just went a few days ago and have already told 10 people to try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedVJeanDined on 10/5/2013This has been my fourth visit to Twenty9. My husband and I went by ourselves the first time and each time after that we went with other people. I like the atmosphere of the restaurant. You get the center city feel without going into the city. However, my one complaint is that the menu keeps changing. I know that things will change from time to time but the menu was even different from what is shown online. We took someone there in August and I had a boneless short rib that was amazing. When we went back in October that was gone, I ordered the filet. I will definitely go back but was a little disappointed this time with the menu choices.Special Features:
- Surprise FindDonBennsMouthDined on 10/4/2013Recommended by friends for a special occasion. ...and we had a coupon (always an incentive). Place was easy to find (minutes off of 202 and 29), large, clean, lots of parking, and friendly staff. Wife loved the menu. Me (husband) who in all honesty has the taste buds of a slow third grader is NOT a fan of quality food (much happier with a bar food menu....which by the way DOES exist at their great bar....we were in their formal dining room). Our server was perfect. She knew food and she knew people and she knew her job. Would we go back again.....no. Would we recommend it to friends and family who enjoy better food than me.....YES!Special Features:
- Great Outdoor DiningwcdinerVIPDined on 10/4/2013Very good food to enjoy on a nice evening. The restaurant could use some lighting for the outdoor dining since it is very dark.Special Features: