16 Great Valley Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://twenty9restaurant.com/
- Phone: 6102519229
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Edward Tietjen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Twenty9 is a Full Service Event Cater and provides the ideal setting for any major corporate event, family event and yes even a wedding reception. The menu offers an array of New American options prepared with global panache. We can host events as small as 20 scaling up to 200 in house as well as off-site. We have private rooms available and will make your experience one to remember.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a beautiful private dining room that is an enclosed deck located on the main floor of our restaurant which overlooks a landscaped panorama.
- Private Party Contact: Patricia Archie 4845577567
- Entertainment: Live entertainment is offered Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday Nights. Feature vocalists such as HD Duo, Music Majic, The Hurricane's, and Ebony & Ivory are among a few that will bring you to your feet.
A word from Twenty9 Restaurant
Twenty9 is the newest success from partners Stephen Scutti and Executive Chef Edwin Tietjen, whose jointly-owned restaurant in Media, PA (Stephen's) has been topping the charts since 2003. Now, in concert with Patricia Archie, they have joined forces again to debut Twenty9, an upscale Malvern retreat located in the Great Valley Corporate Center. At 7,000 square feet, this two-level destination is a combined fine-dining restaurant, casual sports bar, and special event venue - all conveniently situated under a single roof. By day, Twenty9 accommodates the thriving businesses in the corporate center and surrounding areas, offering dine-in and delivered lunches, as well as lunch buffets. By night, Twenty9 dons its chic after-dark persona, with a focus on Happy Hour socializing, live music, and leisurely dining overlooking a landscaped panorama. From contemporary dining on the main floor to a sports bar on the lower level, to live music, Twenty9 provides the ideal setting for everyone!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Twenty9 Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Malvern ›
Twenty9 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (18)special occasion (16)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (13)scenic view (12)great for lunch (9)late-night find (7)fit for foodies (7)great for brunch (6)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- food was good service was greatJLS1978Dined on 8/13/2014We had a lovely time. The service was great, the food was good, and the band on the patio was an added bonus. Sitting in the back dining room, we could here the band very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkSmoothVIPDined on 8/11/2014Very hard to find food was ok. Right in the middle of corporate center. Too casual softball teams dressed in uniforms NO CLASSSpecial Features:
- Always a pleasurediningdeb1Dined on 8/1/2014Twenty9 is really a fun place to hear a good band, which they bring in quite often. The food and service are very good, too.Special Features:
- Dancer1Dancer1Dined on 8/1/2014Always a fun place to go for music: dancing and great food for dinner or appetizers! Be sure to make reservations on 'open table' and request table near the bands If you're going for a night out with dancing; as your request is always granted! Great food & fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!ChipDined on 7/17/2014I had been to Twenty9 for drinks a couple times but this was the first time for dinner. The building is beautiful, and the wait staff excellent, but we all agreed the food was pretty disappointing. Even the oil served with the pita bread was just weird. Almost like the chef is trying too hard. The potted plants on the outdoor dining deck were dried out dead - even the weeds growing in the pots were dead... Come on guys! Who is managing this place? Great place for drinks after work - but go somewhere else for dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2014No air conditioning on 90+ degree day; waiter sweating profusely and wiping away with hands; forgot appetizer and bread; food was mediocre and over priced.
- Nothing SpecialPAtraveler45Dined on 6/29/2014The menu is uninspired and ambience is so-so. The menu prices seem high for what hey have to offer.
- Disappointed in ServiceWineLoverVIPDined on 6/29/2014First, the menu is weird. There are pricey entrees which would make sense for a classier establishment. However, the inside is nicer. My husband, daughter and I were looking forward to dining outside with a more casual menu. There were a few casual items on the menu (three flatbreads and a burger). My daughter and I ordered two different flatbreads that came out on a crust that was almost like a burnt cracker and the flatbreads were cold. However, my husband had a burger with short ribs on top and it was excellent and worth the price. Also, our waiter took his time serving us, the check, etc. and the establishment was not even busy.
- Twenty9 RestaurantGeneralWarrenDined on 6/28/2014The service was fair, the entrees seemed a bit overpriced for a location in an office park. We liked the dining on the deck, however there were customers whowere going to the back deck bar who stood under deck smoking, so there wasa constant smell of smoke. The wine by the glass and cocktails seemed overpriced as well. Overall, it was OK, but did not seem like a great value.Special Features:
- Always a good time.diningdeb1Dined on 6/27/2014Twenty9 is a very nice place to enjoy a meal and a good band. When the weather cooperates, outside on the deck is lovely, as was the case this past Friday night. The food here is very good, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in great weatherPaul55VIPDined on 6/26/2014There's outdoor seating that is just wonderful on a nice summer day. Enjoy and great meal and sip some great beer (or wine or cocktails) while enjoying the view.Special Features:
- Great friday night spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014We had a great delicious meal we had at 29... my shortribs were fabulous... we followed our meal but dancing for 2 hours to a great band. It was definitely a fun night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ImpressionGlobalEventplanner111Dined on 6/12/2014My first dining experience with Twenty9 was a great one! Being new to the area, I was seeking a great location to host meetings, luncheons and group events for my company. The ambience was great. Trendy, modern with a fun flare. The service and food were great. I'm looking forward to our next event here.Special Features:
- It was pricey and ...stan93Dined on 6/2/2014Pretty place when u find it. On a monday night there were no people in the restaurant but outside had a good amount, maybe 20 people in groups. The menu had choices that fit outdoor and or bar setting and the prices while higher than many pubs in the area may be justified by quality, but only if that quality is maintained. The leap in price from the starts to the Entree prices are high. I had the filet and it was good priced high, or a Monday Night when the setting felt less formal. The staff was counting the minutes till they got to go home. My first thought is while the food is good they may want to try some specials on Mon, Tues, and Wed. I will be back and I will have a burger or flatbread.Special Features:
- Love itLucky13osbVIPDined on 5/31/2014Great place, very good steak and seafood. The food is always good for the appetizers to entrees...good seasonal beer on tap, very modern atmosphere perfect for a warm summer day on the deck to the the cold of winter in the main dinning room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!Food007Dined on 5/23/2014Twenty9 was great. I was able to book a table online. There was plenty of parking. And if you like the bar scene or the quiet dining experience, both are available here. But the noise from "the deck" did not interfere at all with the restaurant, which was above the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, accommodating staffArtieSMDined on 5/18/2014They are accommodating with dietary issues. Food good and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- attention for detail neededwkhksDined on 5/4/2014..in the service department. food was great. main door needs a good clean. service was not really all that attentive.....drinks not refilled without me asking for it. at a 160$ bill for 3 ppl i expect moreI would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!GiovannaDined on 5/3/2014From the moment we were seated through dinner the service was great, food was delicious and the atmosphere was perfect for conversation. We will definitely return and will recommend.Special Features:
- DisappointedColjDined on 5/2/2014Was seated and after 20min.still was not waited on.many employees on premises with few customers. We walked out after speaking to a few employees
- Maybe a bad nightLetseatDined on 4/29/2014The hostess did not tell the server, we waited 15 minutes then contacted the hostess then the server came. Dinner took a very long time to come. The server was nice. Our doggie bags were switched by the server. Never again.
- Disappointing experienceDisappointedDined on 4/26/2014I went to twenty9 with family and the dinner experience was horrible. The service was very poor. The waiter was impatient, rushed, and a mess which made our dining experience unpleasant. A $35 filet arrived overdone; not even close to MR. We could only sit in the front room which was very noisy because the back dining room was reserved for a special event on a Sat night. Overall it was a bad experience.
- The following 390 reviews are from the Twenty9 Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Easter Brunch!valociraptorDined on 4/20/2014This is the second year in a row we've gone to Twenty9 for their Easter Brunch. The food was great, and the service was perfect. We sat on the enclosed porch with natural lighting and a small breeze from an open door. Very nice!Special Features:
- Easter brunchDmarcDined on 4/20/2014We were disappointed in the selection of food and the taste. Also they charged extra for coffee and mimosas, which we thought were part of the brunch cost. I would give it a second chance for dinner or lunch but not brunch.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/19/2014Decent restaurant, but no vegetarian option (unlike the last time I went). I won't be back until one exists.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost ThereCaryDined on 4/17/2014Restaurant could easily move from good to very good if servers were a bit more sophistocated and freindly in their presentation, and food was also at a somewhat higher level e.g. carb cakes were not lump meat and had more filler. However, the restaurant location, bar and general overall decor is well done and quite attractive. A nice open space too, and parking is easy.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our first time hereYumsterDined on 4/12/2014Svice was delightful on a Saturday night. Bread phenomenal, pierogie app yummy. Enjoyed chicken parm- a large plate - and diver scallops which was delish but smaller than expected. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nite outmarenc57Dined on 4/11/2014We had a great time last night, the band was awesome. The only complaint is thst my friends steak was a little dry and he could not eat it,only a potion of it. I will be returning very soon. Love the place tha.nksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great time was had by all !!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2014Starting with the fresh oysters, the seafood chowder and then the special blackened fish and scallop dishes, the four of us were very impressed with the food quality and impeccable service at this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious, OurOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014The food was delicious, Our waiter wonderful, the price way too expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & MenuBeerNapDined on 4/2/2014Server forgot drink refresh before meal was served. Empty glasses had even been cleared...Special Features:
- first try - it was a Saturday nightwhynotDined on 3/29/2014hostess - very accommodating, good communication bar experience: good bartenders; large, sociable crowd at 6 PM... attractive bar setting food - pricey Ceaser's salad appeared to have bottled dressing, a little annoyed that salad and appetizer served simultaneously, especially when I mentioned to waiter we weren't in a hurry; otherwise, service was good appetizer, the Ceviche was good flounder and lobster tail a little overcooked I'll try again, but not on a Saturday night... emphasis, pleasant crowd, pleasant restaurant staff, I felt very comfortableI would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive, but good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2014The food was delicious, tuna/crab civiche, filet mignons, cocktails. The entrees are about $35/$40, apps about $15 & cocktails about $8. ($20 coupon, valpak). After dinner we headed to the bar where there was a band, bar was very crowded and lively. We found a sweet little table near the band and were having the best time, but then the hostess told us we couldn't sit there unless we were eating (there is no chance anyone could have sat there for dinner! way too noisy and crowded). We told her we had just eaten, but she made us move and it was a huge bummer. We were very disappointed. Of course, no one ended up eating there. So we ended up going down to the cellar (basement bar) and couldn't enjoy the band bc there was no room to stand/sit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twenty NieneMarkDined on 3/18/2014We have been here countless times, and always have a good experience. If you want a great time at the bar, or a quiet meal out on the deck, theres always a ggo time to be had. All of the food on the men is done top notch, never had something I didn't likeSpecial Features:
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2014Went to Twenty 9 with friends for dinner. Food was good with a nice presentation. Looks like the bar /restaurant has the potential to be a fun place. This particular evening it was quiet. Looks to have a nice outdoor dining area. We will return when the weather improves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatchrisDined on 3/8/2014This place never fails we have been there four times and love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findDebbieDined on 3/7/2014This was our second time dining at Twenty9. We enjoyed our dining experience a lot the first time and were not disappointed on the second visit. The menu is varied and creative and the food well prepared with fairly generous portions. They have a decent selection of wines by the glass. Not extensive, but a few choices in a broad range of varietals. So you'll have no trouble finding something to accompany your meal if you don't want to order a bottle. On both occasions, our servers were friendly, courteous and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great musicpabrowneyedgirlVIPDined on 2/28/2014A great restaurant for a Friday night. One of the few places around where you can stay after dinner and dance the night away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on a Momday night. WasDinnerDined on 2/24/2014Went on a Momday night. Was pretty empty, very quiet, great atmosphere, great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short on customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/21/2014Our waiter hardly talked to us, forgot important things like spoons when we ordered coffee and dessert (gelato), and did not check in on us at all. Our client had to ask for a water refill three times!! Ultimately, we finished our lunch but mainly talked about the bad service. I owned a restaurant and my colleague had been a waitress in her past life. Both of us were incredulous. Because it was pouring outside, we decided to have a drink at the bar. The bartender didn't welcome us, smile, or had any emotion. The whole experience left us wondering how a potentially nice restaurant could have missed the mark so badly!! We will not be returning. Our client works in the Great Valley Corporate Center and will probably not return.Special Features: