Twenty8 Food & Spirits
28 Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Twenty8 Food & Spirits
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twenty8restaurant.com/
- Phone: 5082161668
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Ward
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Twenty 8 offers a private dining room that can accommodate up to 14 guests. There is also the Dynasty Ballroom that can accommodate receptions of up to 150 people.
A word from Twenty8 Food & Spirits
Twenty 8 Food & Spirits is an upscale restaurant & bar featuring regional, sustainable American cuisine with a modern flair that utilizes an exhibition style stone hearth oven to create flatbreads, appetizers and light entrees.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Twenty8 Food & Spirits reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (6)romantic (5)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)fit for foodies (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)neighborhood gem (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Disappointing menuSnoopDined on 10/10/2014I looked up the sample menu online. It looked great. When we got there, there were about 5 main Entree selections and a few more specials. It was much more casual than formal, as the sample menu suggested. We ended up eating soup and appetizers as a meal (all of us). The apps were tasty, but the short rib meat was very fatty and all the apps were luke warm. Soup was very good. We were taking someone out for a birthday celebration, and I felt embarrassed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014fairly good food and very smartly decorated, too noisy for us though we couldn't really hear one another that well, but the food was okay, not great but doable before going to the movies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hotel RestarauntchefbillDined on 9/5/2014Now that we are empty nesters, at least until the Thanksgiving college breaks, we have decided to go out for dinner at least once a week. My wife suggested Tastings ate the Patriot Place Mall, but alas it went belly up a couple of months ago. We have eaten at most of the restaurants there and decide to try Twenty8 for the first time. I am not a big fan of restaurants in hotels, though there have been some notable exceptions. Aspire in the Hotel Providence is certainly one. Twenty8 in the Renaissance is not. The food was OK, the bacon jam saved what would have been a mundane charcuterie board. My rabbit dish was dry and tasteless. The service was attentive and pleasant but we both said that we would not be in a hurry to return
- Never AgainMikeyBDined on 8/2/2014This is a loud bar with a few tables for diners. Food is below average at best. Very noisy. Waste of money.
- Nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014Good food and great environment! Great place for drinks with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fantastic Dining Experiencekellee217Dined on 7/7/2014My parents came to your establishment for dinner on their wedding anniversary. They loved, their meal and the whole dining experience. When booking the reservation for them, I noted that it was their 25th Anniversary. They were both very surprised that the waiter (sorry, I can't remember his name) wished them the same. They thought he was excellent as well. They enjoyed themselves and said they would definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!!!!jwallDined on 7/5/2014Decided to take my girlfriend here on our 6 month anniversary since my brother recommended it and it was a great experience all around. The food looked gourmet and was great and our waitress was nothing but pleasant. Overall just plain awesome!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little worn and so so foodThesyguyDined on 6/27/2014The furniture looks like it could use a rehab. The table was very worn on the edges and the seating was way too soft. You sank in and had a hard time reaching the table. Other areas of the seat were hard as stone. The food was OK but it took way too long to come out considering there were only a dozen people in the dining area. Service was pleasant and not overly obtrusive. Not sure I would return considering the high prices.
- The following 270 reviews are from the Twenty8 Food & Spirits reviews archive.
- possibly maybe againcutes1125VIPDined on 6/26/2014i went here because i had gift certificate. i have gone here before and ordered from the dinner menu and it's good. so this time i ordered from the hearth menu, i ordered the bubba but came out to be a burger with bacon and bbq sauce WHICH IS DECEIVING due to the description is "The Bubba…crisp pork belly smothered with coffee BBQ sauce topped L,T and pepper jack cheese" THEREFORE VERY DISSAPPOINTING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdacVIPDined on 6/11/2014We have been to Twenty8 several times. The restaurant was not very busy. However, the new food and beverage supervisor took our order and was overly effusive in his demeanor. When we asked about 3 different entrees, each one was his favorite and the best he has ever had. We decided and ordered. The salad arrived and was not dressed. We were also not served bread. That finally arrived after the salad. The entrees came and was ok. Finally a young lady came over and said she was our server and asked if everything was satisfactory. When we finished, we asked for the check and it took 3 different people to get the check to us. Good food but "service was over the top and too much in your face."I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was disgusting508metrowfoodieDined on 6/10/2014food was disgusting - i would not eat here again. fish was cooked frozen AND overcooked, therefore it was spongy and i was not even able to cut it. my fiance's fingerling potatoes were so overcooked, he could not cut into them. I left most of my food on my plate and was never questioned why.Special Features:
- Pre-concertCmp6VIPDined on 5/31/2014I made a reservation for 6 before the George Strait concert. We arrived at 4:30 and the place was packed. Had drinks, apps and dinner and we were out to the concert by 6:15. I had the steak and cheese sandwhich and everyone else had burgers. All were very good.Special Features:
- Some DisappointmentjackmDined on 5/1/2014We generally have a good experience here but this time there was some major disappointment. We both had the Fried Calamari appetizer and it was clumpy and undercooked. My wife had the Lamb Osso Bucco with Potato Puree and it was horrible. The Lamb was tasteless as if it was boiled in water and the so-called Puree was clumpy with chunks of potato skin. On the other hand my Apple and Mandarin salad had no apples but came with what tasted like canned pears. Not good at all. Also despite the fact that the restaurant was empty and we were only one of two tables that were occupied, we had to wait fifteen minutes between finishing our salad and getting our entree. It was a bad night overall.Special Features:
- Delightful dinner in FoxboroAndee614Dined on 4/25/2014Pleasant service, delicious assortment of first and second courses & posh atmosphere Another gem of an addition to Foxboro, MaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great !buccVIPDined on 4/23/2014Another great time at Twenty8 - Had a drink at the bar first and really enjoyed our conversation with the bartender. Our meals were delicious (cod & scallop risotto). Our server was over the top gracious & accommodating. It's always fun to go to Patriot's Place and Twenty8 is definitely one of the better restaurants in the area with impeccable service all the way around - thank you !Special Features:
- second time aroundcutes1125VIPDined on 10/8/2013seared scallop risotto had too much oil from the seared scallop on the dish which made it too oily and not appetizing after several bites. alcohol beverage south beach was not well mixed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch!Kellielc7VIPDined on 9/14/2013Wonderful to know now there's a great brunch spot at Patriot's Place. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine service, not fine diningBoscobelVIPDined on 8/27/2013Lunch food quality was fair. Despite some rave reviews about their Lobster Roll, we thought the lobster meat was more out of the can than out of the shell! However, the Turkey Pannini Sandwich was very good. Probably this place is one to come to without any expectations of consistency: the cole slaw was inedible, absolutely no taste! We would only return here for the bar offerings, and only in the evening.
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2013I went with my boyfriend and we had a blast. The waitress was great and the food and cocktails were fabulous. It's a little noisy because it's so open but the atmosphere is fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time experienceAuguieDined on 7/31/2013This was me and my husbands first time and we were very impressed. We did not realize it was in the lobby of a hotel but it was still a quiet dinner for the two of us.. Our waitress was excellent!!!! My sword fish was excellent and I left full! Although we did try the fried ice cream ( moo cow) before we left..also our waitress was right on with our drinks...didn't have to ask once for a refill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great combo of food and atmosphereSazerasticVIPDined on 7/2/2013If there isn't an event going on at the stadium, we highly recommend this restaurant. Very good food, particularly the desert! Best ever fried ice cream. Grilled salmon over risotto was excellent and so was our app of shrimp cocktail. If you are a sports fan what better place than a direct view of gillet stadium.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatbuccVIPDined on 7/1/2013As always, food was delicious and service fantastic !Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2013Waitress was fantastic... Food was excellent... Very few people there which was weird considering how fantastic the restaurant was
- Had the misfortune of havingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/7/2013Had the misfortune of having dinner at twenty 8 while they entertained a professional soccer team. They appeared to have great service. The rest of us - not so much. Food is good, but it will be a long time before I return..... if ever.
- Great food, outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/1/2013This was our first visit to Twenty 8. There is a great selection of food on the menu, something for everyone. We especially enjoyed the heirloom tomato watermelon salad and the lobster roll. The salad was summery, refreshing and different. The lobster roll was full of lobster and didn't have a lot of mayonnaise or fillers. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 28OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2013Overall decor was beautiful. Food was amazing no complants, would go again. Great fish portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and atmosphere.acd333Dined on 5/18/2013Great food, service and atmosphere. It doesn't get any better than that. Pan seared salmon was excellent. And the key lime pie was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eclectic with excellent serviceRobinDined on 5/18/2013Enjoyed the atmosphere, People watching (next to lobby) great server Alicia!Special Features:
- eating in a hotel lobbyCharlieDined on 5/4/2013This restaurant is located in the open lobby of the hotel there. It has no ambience at all. Service was very poor. We sat at the bar that had 3 bartenders behind it and they all walked past us several times before approaching. Only 1 was the least bit friendly, and the others made us feel as though we were an inconvenience to them. The food was not very good, with the exception of the chicken quesadilla, which was awesome.
- food was tasteless - we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2013food was tasteless - we had to add so much salt. very disappointing. so glad we had a restaurant.com certificate but even then, hated having to pay for our meal.
- The restaurant did not haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/27/2013The restaurant did not have my Open Table Reservation on a very busy Saturday, but management flew into action and put a table together ASAP for me. Kudos to Victor! He was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and attentive service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2013Great and attentive service. I will definitely return again!Special Features:
- We were not impressed withsallenVIPDined on 4/19/2013We were not impressed with this meal/restaurant. The first course salads were the high point of the meal. All else was bland. The wines were fine/good not outstanding. Plated servings were generous, wine was a little stingy and overpriced. Overall, not a great value, but not exorbitant. We would not dine there again
- I was conducting interviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/8/2013I was conducting interviews and the waitress was very courteous, tactful and respectful throughout the process. I will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Attractive setting but ratherOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/6/2013Attractive setting but rather loud. Staff were very friendly but very, very slow. I enjoyed my meal overall but it had some quirks. A chicken quesadilla was generous in size and had a nice peppery zing but the chicken itself had that odd spongy texture you get from precooked chicken and the salsa that came with it was serviceable but tasted like it came from a jar. Pan seared scallops were nicely done but the risotto it came with seemed more gummy than creamy. My wife did enjoy the presentation of her swordfish but the fish itself was a bit dry. This is not a restaurant that I would says stay away from but it lags behind the quality of a number of other restaurants at Patriot Place.Special Features:
- Always a great night out forOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/14/2013Always a great night out for dinner at Patriot placeSpecial Features:
- It's good...FoodfinderVIPDined on 3/11/2013This was our third time at 28. We have been for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Decent hotel restaurant. Pro's: adjacent to Patriot Place so you can shop or head to a game easily and eat somewhat away from crowds, never a wait. Service is fair (by accident we triple tipped our waitress, but not because she was that attentive). Food is good albeit small portions. Presented nicely, prepared as you like. Cons: it's inside hotel, so atmosphere is not intimate but more of an open space in which people waiting or wandering can come and go as they please luggage and all. Menu is limited. Their 28 pizza that was recommended was very good. It's an ok choice in that shopping area.Special Features:
- I was very happy with theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2013I was very happy with the broccoli ale soup appetizer and the bacon wrapped beef loin as the entree, but my wife's meal was on the bland side. A little too pricey in my opinion.
- I like the atmosphere andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2013I like the atmosphere and setting. HOWEVER the prices are outrageous--- $ 19 for a glass of cakebread wine ???? I had Korean Porkchop that was excellent, but at $ 30.00 ??? Food, service and atmosphere is worth going back, BUT the prices, I need to rob a brinks truck to be able to afford the dinner ! I WOULD NOT GO BACK !
- Great food. Great drinks.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Great food. Great drinks. Great service. Great atmosphere. Looking forward to experiencing during warmer months on the outside patio with the fireplace active.