Waldorf AstoriaLaquinta Resort & Spa
49499 Eisenhower Drive
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laquintaresort.com/dining/twenty6/
- Phone: (760) 564-5720
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:30AM; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11AM - 5PM Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Bar is open later on weekends
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Michael Vaughn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For Catering information contact:
www.laquintaresort.com ● www.pgawest.com
- Entertainment: From Jazz to Peruvian music, The La Quinta Resort brings in great local bands on Friday and Saturday nights which can be enjoyed from Twenty6 patio.
A word from TWENTY6
Focusing on the American Classics, a step into Twenty6 is like a step back in time. Reminiscent of an American Classic Grill, this Palm Springs area restaurant upholds its prestige and distinction by serving "real" food, such as a variety of fresh takes on Eggs Benedict for breakfast, BLTs and Hand Formed Burgers for lunch. Try a Filet Oscar for dinner, using the best and freshest product in season. Whether dining for business, romance or with family, Twenty6 provides a memorable experience for all.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
TWENTY6 - Best Restaurants in La Quinta ›
TWENTY6 reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (14)good for groups (12)great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (7)fit for foodies (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)romantic (4)special occasion (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Upscale baroregonDined on 11/8/2014Drinks and breakfast/brunch are best things here. Food good, but rather strange pairings-- salmon with chorizo? Companion had beet salad and raved! Drinks are perfectly poured (read heavy!). Wait staff very on top! Affordable. Eat outside and enjoy the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great AtmospheretonyinthedesertDined on 11/5/2014Went there for a birthday celebration - there were 6 of us. The wait staff is very personable, as was the manager. Great Bacon infused Bloody Marys - never can pass those up. Had some flatbread appetizers, someone had the picnic salad, the rest of us had French Dip - based on the recommendation of the manager. Everything was excellent. Have to go back to try some other appetizers/entrees. The presentation was great with the food served on planks. While pricey - I say you get what you pay for - great food and service. Also the peanut butter pie was delicious, as well as the pumpkin cake pops. Will be recommending to friends and will be back soon.Special Features:
- Super ServiceTampaDined on 10/25/2014The food was great but the service super! Friendly, helpful but not overpowering. I would quite highly recommend the patio dining experience. (The inside is quite noisy.)Special Features:
- Not as good as the first timeCoryADined on 10/18/2014The first time there with my wife, everything was excellent. This recent time was a Saturday night with a group of friends. We got stuck in an awkward corner room table and the server seemed to forget about us for a very long time. Nor did the server take any appetizer orders or provide adequate water refills. The food was great, although a bit over priced.
- Unexpected Hotel surpriseMrMinerDined on 10/12/2014Farm to table, good beers, outdoor, bar and dining seating. Expensive entrees and breakfast - bar and snacks are reasonableSpecial Features:
- Mixed feelingsJudaleeDined on 10/12/2014We wanted to go somewhere for a late lunch with family. We had no idea it was a sports bar. Had we known that we wouldn't have gone. This restaurant is located on the grounds of the beautiful La Quinta Resort but you walk through the loud bar scene to the restaurant. After being seated waiters kept passing our table without saying anything & after a considerable amount of time my husband stopped one of them & asked for a waiter as we could see a "prep" area where several were standing & talking. The same guy came back & asked if he could get us anything. We said we'd like drinks & water & menus.He says OK & leaves never to return & after a few minutes a waitress comes over & she was great& the food & drinks were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you askedthankskdVIPDined on 10/1/2014our early dinner proved delicious and relaxing , yet exciting to see the food presentation. each dish had a distingtive taste, one a diner could recognize and appreciate. we look forward to returning to TWENTY6 very soon.Special Features:
- Very niceelyseVIPDined on 9/27/2014We loved the outdoor dining location, lovely live music and the hum of people around the resort. The food was good including the unique purple pickled cauliflower! The service was very friendly and nice, but clearly wait staff & kitchen not on the same page. Enjoyed walking around after dinner and shopping at the stores which are right there. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy & ok on day of resort arrivalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Nothing special but hit the spot after a long day of travel. Asian salad with chicken was pretty good. Ribs were ok.
- Don't waste your timeVictoriaDined on 9/13/2014Terrible menu, unless you're say, 13 or so. Tater tots? Really? TV dinner? Really? I'm guessing the chef thinks these items are clever or cute, maybe even trendy. Next time I'll stay home thank you. Service was quite good but they need a real chef to work with. What they have heading up the kitchen now is a clown.Special Features:
- Dinner2foodiesDined on 9/6/2014Can't say enough about the Filet Oscar. Just a taste explosion. Steak was prepared perfectly and even though there was a lot going on the plate it all married perfectly. Prices were reasonable for the quality of the food. Service was excellent and chef took care of our birthday guest very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TV dinnerPamdeniseVIPDined on 8/20/2014Had the TV dinner which was pork very tender in a special sauce didn't like the peas an they gave me broccoli very accommodating. Our waiter Gilbert was excellent always knew when we needed something. Matt the manager which was new introduced himself an made us feel very welcomed. We love twenty six we feel we r eatting at home. We love using open table😀Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Caprese salad!blueingreenVIPDined on 8/10/2014I usually have french onion soup and a flatbread for lunch here, but this visit it was too hot for soup so I tried the Caprese salad. It's a noodle salad, and absolutely delicious. Really fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. But all the food here is great, and I always love visiting La Quinta Resort and checking out the latest flowers--such a gorgeous setting.Special Features:
- Great serviceraginaDined on 8/2/2014We dined on Saturday, 8/2/14 and had a lovely time. The food was really good and waiters were fabulous. I have to mention that the pretzel bread rolls with the mustard butter were just so great. We had the prime rib special and the fettuccine dinners, both were quite good. If I find myself back in LaQuinta, this will be my dinner spot!!Special Features:
- The following 257 reviews are from the TWENTY6 reviews archive.
- musicOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/27/2014way too loud could not converse good music choices just too loudSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceDagsdollDined on 7/15/2014We had a great dinner at Twenty 6. The food was delicious and the staff fun and engaging. We came back for breakfast the next day and same vibe and tasty meal than as weelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGirlsnightoutDined on 7/8/2014Attentive wait staff with outstanding menu choices. Charming atmosphere with large booths and tables suitable for large groups or a quiet table for two. The old Spanish decor of the exterior this facility is very inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For BreakfastAndrewDined on 7/3/2014Good for breakfast especially on weekends. Try their bloody mary with or without booz. The salads are always very good too but I haven't ventured too far into the lunch/dinner menu.Special Features:
- A++EthompDined on 6/21/2014We are crazy about their Eggs Benedict and the Garlic tots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the resortHappyDinerDined on 6/21/2014We ate dinner, lunch, and had cocktails and appetizers at the bar over four days at the resort. Twenty6 is definitely our favorite restaurant at La Quinta. Food and service was great every time.Special Features:
- Jim65Dined on 5/25/2014Excellent menu choices. Innovative cocktail choices. Gracious serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurprizeFrequentflyersVIPDined on 5/24/2014I am somewhat jaded when it comes to hotel restraints especially the b/l/d venues. We gad a ZgC from our family so after a spa we went for lunch at Twenty-Six on a Saturday. Very pleasantly surprised. Service was but not overbearing, friendly and glad to see us. We are outside on the spacious patio - casual but civilized. We chose salads, my partner the mandarin with grilled salmon. Vegetables were crisp in a light but flavourful dressing and the salmon grilled perfectly. I had the classic Cobb salad and it was one of the best I have had in a long term. They stick to the traditional ingredients so that the right mix of flavours comes through. A repeat visit is warranted.Special Features:
- brunchkittyDined on 5/24/2014This is definitely the place to go for brunch, but they do not take reservations so go early. It is nice to sit outside but gets super hot in the afternoon so I would recommend sitting inside if you're going for lunch. The cheese platter is awesome!Special Features:
- YuckjenydDined on 5/3/2014Avoid this place. Poor service and very mediocre, overpriced food.
- Great timeGinaDined on 4/26/2014Lovely restaurant. 4 for dinner quiet, relaxing, with great service and wonderful food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceDesertDinerDined on 4/19/2014Food was perfect. Waiter was very attentive without being intrusive. There was an excellent band playing in the plaza. The evening was exactly what you would picture in a desert vacation. A beautiful night, great friends, perfect food and an inspired ambiance.Special Features:
- Best place to relaxBjdlovopentableVIPDined on 4/19/2014Just love this place for outdoor dining with pleasant music, relaxing vibes! Incredibly delicious food and wine!Special Features:
- DisappointedChelleDined on 4/11/2014Love the LQ Resort so wanted to try one of their restaurants. Ignored for most of the first 30 minutes while MANY employees buzzed around doing a lot of nothing. Waiter was apathetic, food was really good but I felt way over priced.Special Features:
- Great placeHeatherSDined on 4/8/2014We stayed at La Quinta for a conference and ended up eating almost every meal here. Food was good and consistent, and the beer wasn't bad either!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio DiningBjdlovopentableVIPDined on 4/7/2014Loved everything about this experience, especially the Lollipop icecream ending to delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat outsideJimmDined on 3/28/2014No room for us outside on the patio so four of us ate indoors. Not the greatest inside, wished we were on the patio.Special Features:
- A Taste of Old WorldJammyDined on 3/26/2014The ambience is outstanding. To be sitting in the middle of history is an awesome adventure. The area is like a classic old European courtyard that is well cared for. The cobbled drive and walkways project an old world feel. Truly worth a visit for families,groups or just a romantic dinner or brunch. The menu is uncluttered but appeals to all pallets. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dining al frescoSoozieqzVIPDined on 3/20/2014Had a great dinner, enjoyed dining outside on a perfect desert evening! Dinner was great, Caesar salad with shrimp was delish as was the spaghetti the hubs ordered and roasted chicken my auntie ordered. The tots are a must have, garlicky and crunchy and so delicious!! We will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food.. cocktails.. musicKevinMDined on 3/19/2014Had cocktails, lunch and dinner while staying at the resort for a few days. All the food was very good, service was excellent. Cocktails were great! Had a great time at the bar and Victor the bar tender does a great job! Comfort food after a round of golf hits the spot. Outdoor seating with live music, in La Quinta.. really doesn't get too much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing Very unsophisticFabfoodfindersDined on 3/19/2014Very disappointing Very unsophisticated staff, food was less than tolerable. Smash potatoes were gummy,salmon was smothered in a glaze that did not enhance the delicate flavor of the fish but instead, was like eating a jar of jam. Also the pan gravy for the chicken tasted institutional. The pretzel bread was served warm but stale.
- Fabulous Dining ExperiencemaryDined on 3/16/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here. The food was delicious, service great and love the outdoor seating. After a long day watching tennis at the PNB Paribas, it is always nice to come back to the beautiful La Quinta resort and have dinner just a short walk from the hotel room. We will be back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great except no brewed decaf !jwrocVIPDined on 3/16/2014Sunday evening....everything excellent until asked for decaf coffee...startled to be served hastily concocted santa...expected more from a Waldorf Astoria establishmentI would recommend this to a friend.
- On the Saturday night it wasRFarberVIPDined on 3/15/2014On the Saturday night it was loud and crowded but we came early and left early. The food was good, not outstanding but fine. For a cafe, it was pretty expensive.
- Great food without fussrestaurantguerrillaDined on 3/12/2014Cool find!! Entire menu is on one page, plus a savory nightly special. Buffalo wings at the bar were big, zingy but not too hot. Beautiful patio. Purple pickled cauliflower appetizer with just the right blend of vinegar and sweet, served in a glass measuring cup was a unique surprise. Waitstaff is friendly, pleasant and fast. Salmon was perfectly cooked. I had the spinach artichoke heart fettuccine topped with huge prawns and was blown away because I'm not a fan of creme sauce and this was tasty, light and broth based, not assassinated by cheese. Killer fluffy peanut butter pie, and fresh coffee topped it off. Gorgeous setting, very "Rita Hayworth" with the smell of orange blossoms. Free valet parking. A new fav.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningPianoPlayerDined on 3/11/2014Our group of four really enjoyed this restaurant. The food was delicious, the service was excellent, and the ambience was romantic and upbeat. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.