Twenty Milk Street
20 Milk Street
Portland, ME 04101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Twenty Milk Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theregency.com/
- Phone: 2072215916
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jim Fitzgerald
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: We have private dining rooms available on request.
- Private Party Contact: Carolyn Ferraro 2072295902
- Entertainment: Live piano music on Saturday nights with Craig Palmacci.
A word from Twenty Milk Street
Twenty Milk Street is a casual, yet elegant restaurant located at the Portland Regency Hotel at Spa. A hidden gem in the heart of the Old Port. The menu offers a wide variety of choices, steaks, seafood, vegetarian and much more, all at very reasonable prices. Sit by the fireplace, overlooking the courtyard and enjoy a well prepared meal with top notch, friendly, professional service. Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, 365 days a year. FREE valet parking to all our guests, no driving around looking for a parking spot, just pull up in front of the hotel and we'll take it from there. Join us for a memorable dining experience that will bring you back for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Twenty Milk Street reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (13)special occasion (10)romantic (8)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (5)good for groups (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- great brunch. great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014French toast was amazing. Service was attentive and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rehearsal Dinner SuccessFineFoodAppreciatedDined on 8/29/2014We had our rehearsal dinner here with out of towers and it was a great way to show off Portland. The food was great, the drinks were excellent, the service was impeccable. Almost everybody ordered a different appetizer and entree and they were all delicious. 20 Milk Street did us and Portland proud. They will be our "go to" place for future group gatherings.Special Features:
- Nice place for suppermaineshirlDined on 8/5/2014Brought my mother here for her 72nd birthday. The food was very good but a very limited menu. There baked goods are incredible and worth indulging in. We sat outdoors so am not sure if there is even a indoor resteraunt since we were not given the option and since it looked like rain I thought this was odd. I would definitely recommend because the food was so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchKaseyVIPDined on 7/15/2014We at in the bar because of the weather, and everything was perfect. The drinks were especially good and the mussels were the best. Our sandwiches were excellent and our server was a delight. We are looking forward to returning for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerPatLDined on 7/11/2014My wife & I dined outside during the summer on our anniversary. The menu was a nice combination of the dining room entrees and lighter fare. We both opted for something lighter: Cobb Salad & Salmon club sandwich. Both were excellent, especially the club sandwich; however, the bartender left much to be desired. The hostess and waiter were accommodating when I had to send two drinks back (the second I simply asked to have taken off the bill), but the bartender insisted that the drinks were made properly and sent one back to me without re-making it. My wife also had to send one back. We transitioned inside for a nightcap and the bartender was much better. We've been here before and had a great experience all around and will try it again.Special Features:
- Made it specialBreakfromcookingDined on 6/26/2014My husband and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary at this restaurant. I mentioned this occasion on the dinner reservation form. All of the servers were apparently made aware of this and made sure to wish us well. We received some lovely flowers and a complimentary dessert which was not expected! Our food was cooked perfectly-entrees were not the ordinary, humdrum choices. My only suggestion would be this: apparently during the week in the summer, the indoor dining room is closed and the garden area is in use. This was not made clear in advance so we assumed we would be inside. The outside is nice although it was a little cool that night and kind of hectic with the traffic. Not a reason to go elsewhere, just be forewarned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningelegantDined on 5/26/2014Enjoyed the old fashioned ambiance, fitting old favorites music-40's-60's, comfortable full armchairs, view into the courtyard circle; desserts with inventive ice creams were to die for; vegetables done al dente and most flavorful. Only complaint was that my meat was a tad tough.Special Features:
- The following 126 reviews are from the Twenty Milk Street reviews archive.
- Inside Hotelpjw330VIPDined on 5/23/2014We are learning that any restaurant found on Open Table, is worth the try. We never would have found this place on our own as it is tucked inside a very posh hotel in Portland, ME. We felt like royalty just entering the hotel doors. It was old world lovely and yet very welcoming. We were directed inside the dining area where we were seated next to an open fire (really gas logs, but none the less cozy). The food and the service did not disappoint either. We tried the Oysters Rockefeller which were different but quite good. Our menu choices, me, the steamed lobster, and hubby, the duck, were outstanding and our server extremely attentive. Though this was fine dining to a tee, the prices were not out the roof. A special evening.Special Features:
- Great SalmonJScarbDined on 5/17/2014My wife thought the pan seared salmon was the best she ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sadly disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Very disappointed when we showed up and we're told the restaurant was closed and brunch was in the hotel convention room. It was not advertised this way, food was way over priced for brunch buffet, it was dark and the food itself wasn't that great.Special Features:
- One of Portland's hidden treasuresLizzieDined on 5/2/2014We love this place for fine dining. Food and presentation are excellent and the waiters are professional with great timing between courses! I hope it stays this way year round as the menu shrank last year when they concentrated on sidewalk dining. I highly recommend !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at reasonable pricesLizofmAineDined on 4/29/2014We dined here after using the spa for our anniversary. It was a great experience overall. The service was great. They allowed us to pick our table and did not rush us through the meal. Both of our salads and meals were fantastic. They also served a warm homemade cranberry bread that was amazing. Twenty Milk street is a greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fod in PortlandJohnfnDined on 3/29/2014Great menu, good wine selection. Not very busy but it was not during tourist season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lobster stew, breadAllieDined on 3/28/2014The lobster stew arrived piping hot. It was very creamy, seasoned to perfection and had ample chunks of lobster. The cranberry wheat bread was also excellent, served on a hot stone, with whipped butter. The garden salad was good but the crab cakes appetizer was tiny and forgettable: too much chutney, not enough crab cakes. The atmosphere is very nice, relaxing and quiet, unlike so may noisy open kitchens in Portland.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperiencesassafrasDined on 3/28/2014Excellent food and service. The wine list could use some improvement. My wife and I will definitely go back when we are again in Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding place for SundayjodyDined on 3/16/2014outstanding place for Sunday brunch, wonderful food and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impresseddisappointedDined on 3/14/2014The meal was extremely bland and I could have made it better at home. Overpriced for sure.
- Delightful findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2014While I had read a recent review about the restaurant which gave it thumbs up--I still was not prepared for how enjoyable the entire experience was. The reception was warm, the room was lovely, the menu interesting, the drink menu creative, and all was executed flawlessly. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Husband and I went there for Valentine's dinner on Friday. Sadly, less than 10 minutes after arriving, discovered an issue at home. Alerted staff who very graciously pushed through our dinner so we could get it quicker and leave as soon as possible to address issue at home. We were very sad about this, as it would have been a very enjoyable experience had we not had to dash away so quickly. Staff were very friendly and attentive and very accommodating. Food was delish! So wish we could have actually slowed down to enjoy it more. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Stars, always superb!STAmicDined on 2/8/2014Meet at 20 Milk Street annually with all family. Never dissapointed. Very significant events. Always impressed. Must visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/27/2014wonderful brunch with my mother! The service was spectacular and the food was both delicious to look at and eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Main DishesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2013My wife couldn't finish even a few bites of her butternut squash pasta, which tasted like something a child who doesn't know what flavors work well together would have made. My duck entree was enormous, but had nothing else going for it, aside from a puddle of sauce that may have come from stollen Chinese restaurant packets. All of this would have been fine if the meal for the two of us had not cost $125, but alas, it did. The yelp reviews on this restaurant are way off, go to the pub downstairs instead. If you're dying of starvation, have a ton of money and this is the only restaurant open, I would recommend dying and giving your money to charity.
- They had a great dinner menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013They had a great dinner menu The lamb chops were delicious!Special Features:
- intimate dining in Old PortOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013Although located in the Portland Regency Hotel, this restaurant is not a typical Hotel restaurant, but a destination. Take advantage of the valet parking the hotel offers in the heart of Portland's Old Port and then enjoy a relaxed dining experience in this historic setting. Great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch Christmas eveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2013Had a delightful lunch in Lounge. I had the lobster croissant which was superb. Service was excellent. A very relaxing experience. The food was far superior to dinner we had across the street for the same price. The Regency staff is friendly and accommodating. We were too late to have lunch at 20 Milk Street, but found dining in the Lounge a more private and calming experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food and realisticallyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/13/2013very good food and realistically priced. Nice and quiet with good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurprisemainementorDined on 12/13/2013Wanted a venue for celebrating our 10th anniversary and we were very happy with our choice of Twenty Milk. The fireplace made for a very cozy dinner setting. The service was outstanding - the waiter paid attention to every little detail. The menu was varied enough that we had a challenging time making a dinner choice. The food was served hot and there wasn't a lot of idle time between courses. Good wine list and desserts. Definitely a place we'd go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20 Milk StreetPVGincDined on 12/12/2013A small intimate gathering of 6 where we needed to be able to "hear" each other. Great steaks as always.PVGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portland's Secret?yummyDined on 12/7/2013Had a wonderful dinner at Twenty Milk Street. Excellent menu choices and beautiful service! Glad we uncovered what seems like Portland's secret!Special Features:
- We love this placePhyllisDined on 12/6/201320 Milk Street is very good always, but was decorated beautifully for the holidays. Food was excellent, especially the chocolate dessert, and our waiter was excellent!Special Features:
- Always lovelyMaureenVIPDined on 11/30/2013This restaurant is one of my favorite downtown Portland experiences. Always exceptional. Free valet perking, especially in winter time and during busy summer tourist season, makes this an even better choice. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good for Thanksgiving . . .HoundDogsVIPDined on 11/28/2013Last Thanksgiving we had a wonderful meal there - the food was so good that we decided that we would go back this year while in town. What a disappointment - the food was just blah. A pile of runny potatoes, a pile of runny squash or sweet potatoes, the turkey and gravy were bland and cranberry bread was super dry. Dining out options in Portland are extrememly limited for Thanksgiving dinner . . . too bad this is one of the few options. It will be a while before we try this spot again.
- excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2013Excellent service and food. Quiet, relaxed atmosphere. Loved the upholstered ARM chairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the TryartteacherDined on 11/2/2013What a nice place! GREAT service. Perfect atmosphere for conversation with a soothing pianist in the background. It is pricey, but really enjoyable. We loved our food choices. They allowed us time to relax...didn't feel rushed. Very clean and eclectic. Had a nice table right by the fire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic summer evetdmadtownDined on 8/29/2013It's a bit confusing, but Twenty Milk Street becomes an outdoor-only dining venue in the summer months, called by a different name. Once we were over the confusion, we settled into this beautiful dining spot on a cobblestone paved square in front of the historic Regency Hotel in the old part of downtown Portland. On a warm summer night, the ambiance is first class. Our waiter was delightful. And the food, while not up to the standard of Fore Street or other Portland foodie destinations, was very good. Overall, made for a delightful evening.Special Features:
- Creative menuNykomoonsDined on 8/27/2013Well worth a look before booking. I had the club sandwich with lobster, it was exquisite, though the steak fries were a bit cold. My friend had the sirloin salad and enjoyed it greatly. The desserts were truly stellar. The outside seating was lovely, but as can be expected, was loud with street noise occasionally. Overall, we enjoyed a nice long lunch... not a place to rush through a quick bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night outteacherholDined on 8/16/2013Our waiter at 20 Milk street was both funny and accommodating. We had made reservations to have dinner inside at the restaurant but found they were only serving outside. The offered to serve us inside but instead we opted for an outside table. The food was excellent but rather pricey. All in all it was a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Don't understand the 4 star rating.GinnyGailVIPDined on 8/16/2013the waiter took our order, delivered the wine, spilled 2 drops on our menu and didn't bother to wipe it up. he delivered the appetizer and bread and he never showed his face again until he dropped off the bill (as he was turning away, he muttered insincerely "have a nice day"). the fish was barely warm when it was put on our table,. there was no choice in sides, only glazed carrots and mashed potatoes. the gal who delivered the meal was sweet, but the waiter never stopped to ask how the meal was, or if we needed anything--totally inattentive. we dine in Portland frequently, and this is the first restaurant we would not return to, as there are so many outstanding restaurants with waiters that appear to sincerely be happy to assist you.
- An amazing experience!SoPoDined on 8/10/2013The outdoor dining area is just gorgeous, and the food is phenomenal! This is the place to eat in Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Outdoor diningFoodloverVIPDined on 8/10/2013Great spot for dinner on a nice night. Also have indoor dining in hotel. Menu was limited, but food offered was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.