Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort
2173 Route 28
East Harwich, MA 02645Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wequassett.com/
- Phone: 5084303000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: James Hackney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: twenty-eight Atlantic's private dining room offers the finest mix of atmosphere, food and service that Cape Cod has to offer. It can comfortably accommodate exclusive events for up to 40 guests, with sweeping water views and two private outdoor verandahs, located directly adjacent to the venue.
Please contact our Catering Sales Director for further assistance in planning your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Adjacent to Twenty Eight Atlantic is their private dining room offering a spectacular waterfront view with an outdoor Veranda.
- Private Party Contact: Kalson Pang 5084303023
A word from Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort
A posh waterfront location, spectacular cuisine and superb service combine to create a unique Cape Coddining experience. Twenty-eight Atlantic is the resort’s signature restaurant and enjoys the highest ratings on Cape Cod from Forbes, AAA and Zagat. Eight-foot windows frame the panoramic views of Pleasant Bay, while Shaker-style furnishings, hand-blown glass chandeliers, nautical etchings, Limoges china, Riedel stemware create an atmosphere of eclectic style and quiet luxury. Chef James Hackney’s distinctive menu celebrates native and seasonal ingredients with creative, award-winning flair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort - Best Restaurants in Chatham ›
Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (92)special occasion (85)romantic (77)fit for foodies (54)notable wine list (43)great for outdoor dining (19)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (9)great for brunch (8)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- 21 Atlantic summer brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Every aspect of our dining experience was outstanding and the amazing view only enhanced the excellent meal.Special Features:
- Best birthday dinner ever.JaneJDined on 8/14/2014Food outstanding, view lovely. I had chef's tasting menu. The choices were excellent, food fabulous, especially the tenderloin of beef. We had an early reservation and had our one year old granddaughter with us. She behaved and the servers were lovely to her. Everyone in our party had a special night and was more than happy with the food. I highly recommend this beautiful restaurant. But if your kids can't sit at the table and need to run around this is not for you. It's too expensive to ruin other diners' experience. There are other choices of restaurants at the Wequassett Inn, more casual and relaxed and appropriate for energetic young children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Wonderful dining experience. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceKathyVIPDined on 8/7/2014It is my first visit in two years. The service, the setting, the food were all above average. The service staff were knowledgeable, accommodating, and warm. I felt that I was their center of attention. The food was delicious and the best I have eaten on the Cape. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Diamond in the roughOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/5/2014A lovely evening in a beautiful spot on the cape..excellent food and service with special little additions "compliments of the chef" and a jazz festival on tues and wed nights... A bonus! Not our usual cape fare but definitely a special treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has potential but not quite there.DowntowndinerDined on 8/5/2014The restaurant tried very hard to deliver on service but it was significantly out of sync the minute we arrived. We arrived 15 minutes early and asked to sit outside for a drink before we were seated for our formal dinner. After waiting too long for our drinks, they arrived and were not what we ordered. I looked around; there were empty water glasses. Fellow diners couldn't get drinks in a timely manner. The second I stood up to go to the ladies room there was someone to escort me but he should've been filling water glasses or delivering drinks or taking orders. They tried very, very hard but just need a better manager. They certainly have the required amount of staff and with a little work can be the restaurant they desire to be.Special Features:
- Limited Menu, good foodYpsidinerVIPDined on 7/31/2014This is an elegant place with a fantastic view. The limited menu had good food, but nothing stood out as tremendous. My wife's Halibut was huge, but did not have a sauce that made the bland fish stand out. My vegetarian option was OK, but not really special. The chocolate for dessert was excellent.Special Features:
- Fantastic!roxieDined on 7/31/2014We celebrate our anniversary at 28 Atlantic every year. From the moment you walk in the door, the service and food are superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favoriteCapegirl64Dined on 7/31/2014After nearly 50 summers on the Cape, this was our first trip to Twenty-Eight Atlantic, and we can't believe it has taken us so long to discover this gem. From our arrival, the staff was friendly, attentive and professional, from the bartenders at the Outer Bar to the young man who walked us around the resort to our wonderful waiter. My husband had the lobster (served lazy man's style) and I had the filet mignon. Both were outstanding. Attention to detail, excellent food presentation and perfect service, from start to finish. After dinner, we sat on the couches near the firepits and admired the view. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we returned the next night with our kids and ate at the Outer Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!!!MoBeeVIPDined on 7/30/2014We had been here last 2 years ago & had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Wed. night was anything but. Upon arrival, we were asked if we were staying at the resort. We said 'no'. Despite having made a reservation, we were seated facing a wall. Seeing empty tables, we asked to be moved and were told there were no available seats. No anchovies or cracked pepper were offered when the Cesear Salad was brought. The corn and lemon risotto lacked any taste. Coffee was not offered; I had to ask for it. We noticed a complimentary amuse bouche being given to patrons at a nearby table. We were offered no such thing. Unfortunately, we do not intend to return.
- Totally wonderfulmonicaDined on 7/28/2014We had a truly wonderful meal with a beautiful view at this restaurant. We try to get to Chatham at least once a year and can't wait to come back hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalchrisDined on 7/28/2014Yummy, beautiful food. Exceptional service. Beautiful dining space with nice view of the water. Everything was an A+ except for mixed drinks which I thought were only ok (I had a mojito and margarita, neither of which I would order again). It was a beautiful spot though and I plan to enjoy it again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiencemermaid7Dined on 7/27/2014Beautiful dining room, beautiful view and wonderful food all make for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Fantastic anniversry experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014My husband and I have a house in West Yarmouth and never venture out that way- we are so glad we did! It was a fantastic experience from start to finish ( starting with being picked up in a golf cart) to the end. We were made to feel like royalty and every single course was absolutely fantastic! We will tell EVERYONE to come here.After dinner, we sat around the fire pit and enjoyed a glass of champagne! Such a wonderful evening! See you soon and we can't thank you enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mammieVIPDined on 7/23/2014Would recommend . We ate there 3 times. Also can order from menu at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaioCaioDined on 7/20/2014We love diining at 28 each and every visit to Chatham MA. The food is fresh,,delicious and always an artistic presentation. Staff and service are impecable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularcapefoodieDined on 7/19/2014Just a marvelous place. Everything about it is top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceSadieDined on 7/17/2014Sometimes you go out to eat, and sometimes you go out to dine. There is a difference, and 28 Atlantic is fine dining! There was no rush through the courses; no server waiting for you to leave so they could seat someone else. We felt pampered the entire evening. This was our 20th anniversary. The hostess and our waitress both made a point of calling us by name, and congratulating us. The view is spectacular. The food was delicious. If I had a complaint, it would be that jeans are allowed in the dining room. The ambience is too lovely, and the prices too dear, for people to wear jeans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedDesertFoodieVIPDined on 7/16/2014We had heard wonderful things about this restaurant and when friends from the West Coast came to the Cape we booked here. The food did not disappoint. The service was terrible. Not so our main waiter but everyone else. Dirty dishes piled on a sideboard next to our table. Wait staff bringing incorrect meals to our party. Entrees arriving while previous course dishes still on table. Incorrect beverages brought to table. For view and ambience you can't beat it. Dusappointing service a surpriseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breathtaking views!Olson75Dined on 7/12/2014Enjoyed a beautiful breakfast on the deck! Our waiter, Ignatius, was very attentive and friendly and made our experience so pleasant! He was kind enough to take a picture of my party so we could always remember the lovely experience we had there! Highly recommended!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsKJS2014Dined on 7/10/2014We have dined at 28Atlantic many times & it is always top notch; from the impeccable service to the creative, unique & delicious menu...& of course, the stunning view of Pleasant Bay! We have taken our son there & the staff goes above & beyond to cater to children; their children's menu is perfect & has all the classics & even some more adult-like fare! If your are visiting the Cape, 28 Atlantic is a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBeverlyDinersDined on 7/10/2014This was our second dinner in one week. Beautiful decor and top notch service. Our meals were great--cod and lobster. Earlier this week, I ordered the chicken which was way too salty. This meal was perfect. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Terrific!PDMreviewDined on 7/8/2014All 4 in our group loved 28 Atlantic. I don't want to lose credibility by gushing, but the food, the wait staff, the dining room, the view - it really was all fun, special, enjoyable, etc. etc. The staff captured beautifully that delightful overlap of professionalism and sincere friendliness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/7/2014The food was underwhelming for such a "premiere" resort - very average. As a foodie, I was quite dissapointed. The view was spectacular though - so perhaps, better for a drink or lunch.
- Sadly UnimpressedNewYorker1VIPDined on 7/7/2014I have been to Twenty Eight Atlantic twice and last night was my third time. We took some friends who were visiting the Cape because I thought it would be a great place for them. I was seriously disappointed, because the food was not as good as last years. My shrimp appetizer was very blain, and simply had no taste. My cod was very good. My husband ordered chicken and he said it was so salty that he was hardly able to eat it, he should of complained but did not want to ruin the mood for our friends. The staff are very friendly and accommodating and the views are gorgeous. I just wish they were not resting on their laurels and would maintain the hight quality they used to have.Special Features:
- FantasticBeverlyDinersDined on 7/7/2014My husband and I took our 2 kids to dinner Monday night. We ate early because we had the kids with us. Our waiter was Gideon and he was charming, professional, attentive, perfect. The food was excellent, as was the decor and service. Highly recommend! In fact, we're going back again Thursday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningjohnnybhungryDined on 7/6/201428 Atlantic on a beautiful July evening is as romantic and scenic as anyone could ask for. The food was exactly what I hoped - interesting and delicious. Tried the watermelon carpacio w pan fried goat cheese and was not disappointed. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014Awesome time! They really made the night special for my girlfriend's birthday!!!Special Features:
- Simply Spectacular!Eop8Dined on 7/3/2014Perfect in every way. The food was incredible the service was very well done. The views of the bay are breathtaking. The new waterfront is superbly designed and executed. Wequassett truly makes the most of their location, while Chatham Bars Inn shamefully does little justice to an otherwise superior location. Bottom line, Wequassett is head and shoulders above Chatham Bars Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My last visit to the restaurantFunwithfoodDined on 7/2/2014There were four of us and we had to sit there waiting for the waiter. Another 15 minutes before he took our drink order, another 20 minutes before he brought it (half of the order was wrong) 10 minutes before he took the dinner order and then when he brought it out two of us sat there without silverware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dinner with ViewSusaDined on 7/2/2014Wonderful view of Pleasant Bay and gorgeous hotel with live jazz in another area of the hotel after dinner. Our waiter was superb and our food was delicious. I was disappointed that they didn't have scallops that night. How can you run out of scallops on July 2nd when you know how popular it is and how busy of a time it is? The menu is limited as is so this did not go over well with us from a Preferred Hotel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!BlueWaterDined on 7/2/201428 Atlantic is simply spectacular. The dining room is beautiful with incredible views of the bay out to the ocean. The nautical theme is enhanced with lanterns and soft lighting. Our waiter Daryl was fantastic - and the service overall is superb. The food is a dream - a complex menu with something to delight everyone. The lobster ravioli appetizer is delicious and the main courses all good. Save room for the dessert - I highly recommend the chocolate Brazil. Best thing on the menu! Just an amazing night for our group of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and beautiful locationkate877VIPDined on 6/28/2014We've been here twice for special occasions, and it's been a consistently great experience. The combination of view, lovely service, a great wine selection and creative food makes it a favorite. Wish there were more spots like this on the Cape!Special Features:
- Suberb!led555VIPDined on 6/28/2014One of the best restaurants with incredibly attentative staff. We arrived early for 7:45P reservation and were seating immediately. Upon seeing a table by the window we requested to be moved and the staff promptly and agreeably relocated us. My fiance had the octopus appetizer which he found to be rather chewy. The waiter took immediate notice and offered to remedy as desired. The remaining dishes were elegantly prepared, professionaly served and thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you for a very special dinner.Special Features:
- Special eveningjabtibDined on 6/27/2014Perfect place for a special dinner. The wait staff was very professional yet friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding dininglovefoodDined on 6/25/2014Dining at 28 Atlantic is more than just eating. It is an experience. Everything is perfection. There is such an attention to detail. The food is wonderful. The ambience and view are beautiful. The service is impeccable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/24/2014Best kitchen on the Cape, and with a great view of the sea as a bonusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb foodHarryODined on 6/22/2014The food and the service were exceptional. Thoroughly enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Great Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014The food, service and ambience was fabulous. If you have a special occasion, this is the place to go!Special Features:
- Special AnniversarykhelenmackDined on 6/16/2014My husband and I live in the area but had not made it over to Twenty Eight Atlantic, so glad we finally did. We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary last night and couldn't have been happier. We have had a lot of special dinners in our marriage but this was by far one of the best, only surpassed by a sunset dinner on the beach in Aruba!. Our waiter Nicholas was very attentive without being obtrusive, food was unbelievable (salmon and cod entrees) and they greeted us with a lovely Happy Anniversary card.......we were more than pleased.Special Features: