Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort
2173 Route 28
East Harwich, MA 02645Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wequassett.com/
- Phone: (508) 430-3000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: James Hackney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: twenty-eight Atlantic's private dining room offers the finest mix of atmosphere, food and service that Cape Cod has to offer. It can comfortably accommodate exclusive events for up to 40 guests, with sweeping water views and two private outdoor verandahs, located directly adjacent to the venue.
Please contact our Catering Sales Director for further assistance in planning your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Adjacent to Twenty Eight Atlantic is their private dining room offering a spectacular waterfront view with an outdoor Veranda.
- Private Party Contact: Kalson Pang 5084303023
A word from Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort
A posh waterfront location, spectacular cuisine and superb service combine to create a unique Cape Coddining experience. Twenty-eight Atlantic is the resort’s signature restaurant and enjoys the highest ratings on Cape Cod from Forbes, AAA and Zagat. Eight-foot windows frame the panoramic views of Pleasant Bay, while Shaker-style furnishings, hand-blown glass chandeliers, nautical etchings, Limoges china, Riedel stemware create an atmosphere of eclectic style and quiet luxury. Chef James Hackney’s distinctive menu celebrates native and seasonal ingredients with creative, award-winning flair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort - Best Restaurants in Chatham ›
Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (79)special occasion (77)romantic (70)fit for foodies (54)notable wine list (36)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (12)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (7)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Cape Cod GemseasonalcapecodderDined on 11/9/2014This was our second breakfast at Twenty Eight Atlantic this season. The new addition is just great with a spectacular view of Pleasant Bay while you dine. Known for a friendly atmosphere the level of service is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingmpennyDined on 11/8/2014The best fine dining experience in all of New England!Special Features:
- Great eveningRedraiderVIPDined on 11/8/2014A fantastic place for a special occasion. It was my parents' 80th birthday and we couldn't have picked a better place. Right from the start when we had a great corner table and the maitre'd gave my parents a small gift for the occasion. The service was top notch and the meal was outstanding from appetizers to dessert - including one of the best scallop dishes I've ever had. Definitely worth it and a night I'm sure my parents will always remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just lovely!arunajoeDined on 11/8/2014We had a breakfast at a table by the window & it was spectacular! The views were amazing, food was pricey but delicious and the service was very friendly. I can't recommend it enough. Better than the Chatham Bars Inn!Special Features:
- CapeCodderDined on 11/1/2014Disappointed in both our meals.....service and ambience excellent....food far below expectationsSpecial Features:
- Outstanding service & foodPepperPotDined on 10/31/2014Our waitress Viviene was amazing! All her recommendations were spot on! The blend of flavors in everything we had was incredible! What a fun night for foodies!Special Features:
- Perfect for that Special OccassionshowvisitDined on 10/24/2014This was our first dinner here and we decided to have dinner here for our 28th anniversary. It is the perfect place for the occasion. The service is top notch and the food is delicious. We had a table by the window and we know there is a beautiful view, but this time of year it is difficult to see at 6:15, but they did have the fire pits lit on the patio.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience!love2eatoutDined on 10/22/2014I had heard great things about this restaurant and was not disappointed. There were 4 of us in my group and we all thought the food, service and ambiance were exceptional. We had one minor problem that was taken care of almost immediately. One person in our group is a vegetarian and upon learning this after being served a dish that did not state it had meat in it, the host apologized profusely and brought a scallop dish and a separate soup that were both deliciously accepted. I highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Beautiful evening in every wayBrewstaBoyVIPDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I just celebrated our 27th anniversary with a magical meal at 28 Atlantic. We had been here before and had very good, but not perfect, dinners; this time, they really got it right. This is one of the very best dining experiences on the Cape or off. It's a true luxury, and not an inexpensive evening, but it is a remarkable indulgence that feels well worth the cost on an occasional basis. We both had the tasting menu for $68, and neither of us felt the least hungry after four courses. Exceptional seafood firsts, perfectly prepared beef and truly innovative desserts graced the table over the course of a leisurely and expertly served dinner. The food and ambience really set 28 Atlantic apart and make it an outstanding choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View;Great FoodBabyBack2BillVIPDined on 10/6/2014Had thoroughly delightful evening with great food, fantastic service and sensational view. We could not have been happier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014Outstanding dinner with excellent service. We had the 4 course tasting menu which is the chef's selection however you can also make alterations. My husband asked for his oysters to be served tempura which was happily accommodated even though not a menu selection. In daylight this restaurnt has amazing water views in the evening although quite a large restauarnt maintains a romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- twenty eight atlanticCapeCodJackDined on 9/28/2014great view, outstanding food, excellent service. its not inexpensive but it made for a very memorable eveningSpecial Features:
- UnbelievableFratanDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I celebrated our 14th Wedding Anniversary at Twenty Eight and we ordered the 4 course meal. We started with King Crab Salad on one half of the plate and the other Chatham Oysters. Next was the Poached Halibut that was cooked to perfection, following the Beef Tenderloin that was finished in a super balsamic reduction, and ended with a caramel icecream dessert over angel fingers. 5 Stars!Special Features:
- PerfectMob2Dined on 9/20/2014Food, service and atmosphere were perfect. Great for a romantic or sophisticated dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularhombreadamsDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated my wife's 40th birthday here. The decor is simple yet elegant yet the wine, food, and service are incredible. Our meals were delicious and well-paced. Definitely worth the price!Special Features:
- Fabulous dinner on the water !fancythis72VIPDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Wequasett last week. We had a lovely window table overlooking Pleasant Bay and the new deck with the fire pits. The service was impeccable! We were warmly greeted and welcomed as frequent diners. I had the shrimp appetizer which is great. I had their lobster special which is my favorite dish. We shared the lemon risotto which was very tasty. We loved the maple cheesecake. It was just a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely in every wayKrissyRDined on 9/13/2014I cannot imagine what more management could do to make 28 more special or wonderful. Our server Cristie was friendly and oh so attentive. Her support staff were equally so. The food was innovative and delicious. Creativity without weirdness was appreciated. From the starters (foie gras/shrimp), the entrees (butter lobster/duck) to the scrumptious dessert (maple cheese cake) the presentation equalled the enjoyment. This is one special dining experience. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner here was perfect!thewanderingdinerDined on 9/12/2014we took friends for their anniversary and from the moment we arrived to the moment we left, there was nothing but excellence. The food, the service, the atmosphere, the magnificent view, were all flawless. I would go again without hesitation and recommend it to all. It was a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 28 AtlanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Service, food, ambience were excellent. We had a beautiful evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding service & food.JackSDined on 9/8/2014Absolutely a great meal & wine & cocktails. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on the Cape2togoVIPDined on 9/8/2014When you walk in you'll be stunned by the spectacular view of Pleasant Bay, and then impressed by the food & service. Plus there's a great heated outside patio area for a pre-or-post dinner cocktail looking out over the bay. A special place for a special occasion, and you don't have to be staying at the Wequassett Inn to enjoy it (although that's not a bad idea either…).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Paris0908Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I came here for our 6th anniversary. The food was outstanding as was the service. It is a first class place.Special Features:
- CapeCodPennyDined on 9/5/2014Did not like the menu...too many combination's of food that had no meaning..food arrived cold and had very little flavor. Wonderful location, but very disappointed in the food. Service was pretentious...like robot's but did not really see their was something that was not quite right or was not enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Ten of Worst Ever Fine DiningAndreVIPDined on 9/5/2014Overpriced tourist restaurant with high concept and no (ZERO) execution. Oysters ruined by syrupy sweet granita. Octopus that was like chewing on a rope. Dishes served before prior dishes cleared. Oversized plates that couldn't fit on the table. Unnecessarily overheated plates held in napkins that were dragged through other food on the table. Runners overloaded with dishes for multiple tables that they can't unload. Amazingly, the (unordered) desserts that the manager sent as an "apology" were excellent, but then they appeared on our check... (wait for it...) along with an 18% gratuity which we were invited to supplement! (we were a party of 2, so this was not a "large party" policy). The most initiative the waiter showed all night.
- Perfect!JackoVIPDined on 9/5/2014So when I mistakenly dropped an ice cube into my amuse-bouche, from across the room the head waiter was instantly at our table whisking my error away! A replacement was there in seconds. Service was superior, as was the view of Pleasant Bay. Our meals were a symphony of flavors - mine a simple yet elegant poached halibut, hers a beef tenderloin accompanied by a mushroom ragout enveloped in wilted swiss chard. Music in our mouths like Bobby McFerrin used to say.Special Features:
- Beautiful location, very priceyPetraVIPDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant and the view was absolutely amazing, nice service but we were little bit disappointed with food. My BF's fish was overcooked and my lobster was just so so. The whole dinner was very overpriced. Anyway, eating there was exciting experience...very romantic..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ViewCapeCodFanDined on 9/4/2014Service was attentive but not overbearing. Wine list was good and food selection was perfect. Salmon was cooked to perfection and presented nicelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NellieDined on 8/31/2014We have dined here several times in the past. As expected, the food and service were wonderful. The atmosphere is great as well, suited for a special occasion or just dinner with friends or family. The only thing we found a bit offsetting was the level of noise from the wedding in the adjoining room. With the beautiful recent renovations, I would have expected a little more soundproofing to have been a must have for such an elegant place. I would dine again but definitely ask to be seated farther from the door connecting the function room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One mistake mires this reviewArthurJacobVIPDined on 8/31/2014A lovely dinner begun poorly. When you tell the hostess and then waiter, (in what is overkill) that IF there's an amuse bouche, to please make it vegetarian or bring the table nothing. Some don't eat this, some don't eat that. Keep things simple. Despite this, a complimentary starter is brought to the table. It is NOT vegetarian. It has prosciutto. Awkwardly, we turn it down. We'd hoped to avoid this. Ok. You didn't listen. Whatever. But then they decide to bring us a "vegetarian" version, the same, with the meat removed. Trust me, prosciutto lingers. Whether for allergies or religious reasons, it doesn't matter. Please just don't remove the unwanted ingredient and re-serve it. Awful start to dinner.Special Features:
- Special Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014My husband and I enjoyed a special anniversary dinner at Wequassett on a recent Friday evening. From our first sip of wine to our last sip of coffee, the service, food, and attention to detail were impeccable. Each staff member who assisted with our meal was friendly and professional. Wequassett is truly a bayside gem!Special Features:
- Con-a-suirConasuirDined on 8/29/2014I did not like where we were seated. The ceiling was too low and there were a large table in the middle. The view from table was poor. The a/c was too cold in this room. Too much salt in the salad. The waitstaff was excellent, very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere and ServicecapecodguyDined on 8/23/2014The food, however, was very mediocre. Our last experience at Twenty Eight was exceptional. This time, however, all four of us thought that the food was not impressive.
- Engagement DinnerRoss922Dined on 8/23/2014What a fantastic place, me and the fiance went for our engagement dinner and we were blown away with how great the location, food, and service were. Christy was our server and she was great - also great management for introducing themselves and congratulating us for our engagement. Thanks everyone at 28 Atlantic.Special Features:
- Absolutely OutstandingDinneranddessertVIPDined on 8/22/2014Twenty-eight Atlantic is quite possibly the best restaurant we have been to, and we return every year. The food is amazing, and the service is impeccable. We had the scallops and beef tenderloin, and both were to die for. The staff also goes above and beyond to take care of everything from allergies to physical limitations. They have golf carts to escort people to and from the parking lot (it's not far, but they were so kind to my grandmother) and offered the most soft and delicious gluten-free cookies with the check when others had biscuits (and celiacs out there know this is not an easy task!) I mention this because they go the extra mile with the little things that matter so much to your experience. It is outstanding in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing short of spectacular!DonJDined on 8/22/2014We had the Chef's 4 course tasting and it was exceptional start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive food - good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Let's face it cost impacts how we value food. We have had great food for cheap and great food that costs a fortune. This was neither. When you spend $140/head you expect fabulous. Some courses were very good (the raw oyster with frozen cucumber) but some were bland (sole with quinoa) and even salt couldn't redeem them. ThAt there was salt and pepper on the tables tells you that this is not serious haute cuisine. The wine pairings never arrived with the courses. And it took forever to get a drink and a bit of bread.Special Features:
- Anniversary to rememberBikerbabeVIPDined on 8/17/2014When I made the reservation, I mentioned that we were celebrating our 40th anniversary. We were treated like royalty. The staff all congratulated us. We were given a table overlooking Cape Cod bay and watched a gorgeous sunset. We ordered the 4 course tasting meal, and the food was scrumptious! I was allowed to substitute poke for oysters as I don't care for oysters. The server allowed us to taste wine to make our wine by the glass selections. Such service! We wanted our milestone anniversary to be romantic and memorable, and Twenty Eight Atlantic really filled the bill!Special Features:
- 21 Atlantic summer brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Every aspect of our dining experience was outstanding and the amazing view only enhanced the excellent meal.Special Features:
- Best birthday dinner ever.JaneJDined on 8/14/2014Food outstanding, view lovely. I had chef's tasting menu. The choices were excellent, food fabulous, especially the tenderloin of beef. We had an early reservation and had our one year old granddaughter with us. She behaved and the servers were lovely to her. Everyone in our party had a special night and was more than happy with the food. I highly recommend this beautiful restaurant. But if your kids can't sit at the table and need to run around this is not for you. It's too expensive to ruin other diners' experience. There are other choices of restaurants at the Wequassett Inn, more casual and relaxed and appropriate for energetic young children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Wonderful dining experience. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.