Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort
2173 Route 28
East Harwich, MA 02645Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wequassett.com/
- Phone: 5084303000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: James Hackney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: twenty-eight Atlantic's private dining room offers the finest mix of atmosphere, food and service that Cape Cod has to offer. It can comfortably accommodate exclusive events for up to 40 guests, with sweeping water views and two private outdoor verandahs, located directly adjacent to the venue.
Please contact our Catering Sales Director for further assistance in planning your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Adjacent to Twenty Eight Atlantic is their private dining room offering a spectacular waterfront view with an outdoor Veranda.
- Private Party Contact: Kalson Pang 5084303023
A word from Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort
A posh waterfront location, spectacular cuisine and superb service combine to create a unique Cape Coddining experience. Twenty-eight Atlantic is the resort’s signature restaurant and enjoys the highest ratings on Cape Cod from Forbes, AAA and Zagat. Eight-foot windows frame the panoramic views of Pleasant Bay, while Shaker-style furnishings, hand-blown glass chandeliers, nautical etchings, Limoges china, Riedel stemware create an atmosphere of eclectic style and quiet luxury. Chef James Hackney’s distinctive menu celebrates native and seasonal ingredients with creative, award-winning flair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort - Best Restaurants in Chatham ›
Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (106)special occasion (103)romantic (92)fit for foodies (67)notable wine list (48)great for outdoor dining (19)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (11)great for brunch (8)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (2)Show More
- twenty eight atlanticCapeCodJackDined on 9/28/2014great view, outstanding food, excellent service. its not inexpensive but it made for a very memorable eveningSpecial Features:
- UnbelievableFratanDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I celebrated our 14th Wedding Anniversary at Twenty Eight and we ordered the 4 course meal. We started with King Crab Salad on one half of the plate and the other Chatham Oysters. Next was the Poached Halibut that was cooked to perfection, following the Beef Tenderloin that was finished in a super balsamic reduction, and ended with a caramel icecream dessert over angel fingers. 5 Stars!Special Features:
- PerfectMob2Dined on 9/20/2014Food, service and atmosphere were perfect. Great for a romantic or sophisticated dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularhombreadamsDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated my wife's 40th birthday here. The decor is simple yet elegant yet the wine, food, and service are incredible. Our meals were delicious and well-paced. Definitely worth the price!Special Features:
- Fabulous dinner on the water !fancythis72VIPDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Wequasett last week. We had a lovely window table overlooking Pleasant Bay and the new deck with the fire pits. The service was impeccable! We were warmly greeted and welcomed as frequent diners. I had the shrimp appetizer which is great. I had their lobster special which is my favorite dish. We shared the lemon risotto which was very tasty. We loved the maple cheesecake. It was just a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely in every wayKrissyRDined on 9/13/2014I cannot imagine what more management could do to make 28 more special or wonderful. Our server Cristie was friendly and oh so attentive. Her support staff were equally so. The food was innovative and delicious. Creativity without weirdness was appreciated. From the starters (foie gras/shrimp), the entrees (butter lobster/duck) to the scrumptious dessert (maple cheese cake) the presentation equalled the enjoyment. This is one special dining experience. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner here was perfect!thewanderingdinerDined on 9/12/2014we took friends for their anniversary and from the moment we arrived to the moment we left, there was nothing but excellence. The food, the service, the atmosphere, the magnificent view, were all flawless. I would go again without hesitation and recommend it to all. It was a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 28 AtlanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Service, food, ambience were excellent. We had a beautiful evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding service & food.JackSDined on 9/8/2014Absolutely a great meal & wine & cocktails. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on the Cape2togoVIPDined on 9/8/2014When you walk in you'll be stunned by the spectacular view of Pleasant Bay, and then impressed by the food & service. Plus there's a great heated outside patio area for a pre-or-post dinner cocktail looking out over the bay. A special place for a special occasion, and you don't have to be staying at the Wequassett Inn to enjoy it (although that's not a bad idea either…).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Paris0908Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I came here for our 6th anniversary. The food was outstanding as was the service. It is a first class place.Special Features:
- CapeCodPennyDined on 9/5/2014Did not like the menu...too many combination's of food that had no meaning..food arrived cold and had very little flavor. Wonderful location, but very disappointed in the food. Service was pretentious...like robot's but did not really see their was something that was not quite right or was not enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Ten of Worst Ever Fine DiningAndreVIPDined on 9/5/2014Overpriced tourist restaurant with high concept and no (ZERO) execution. Oysters ruined by syrupy sweet granita. Octopus that was like chewing on a rope. Dishes served before prior dishes cleared. Oversized plates that couldn't fit on the table. Unnecessarily overheated plates held in napkins that were dragged through other food on the table. Runners overloaded with dishes for multiple tables that they can't unload. Amazingly, the (unordered) desserts that the manager sent as an "apology" were excellent, but then they appeared on our check... (wait for it...) along with an 18% gratuity which we were invited to supplement! (we were a party of 2, so this was not a "large party" policy). The most initiative the waiter showed all night.
- Perfect!JackoVIPDined on 9/5/2014So when I mistakenly dropped an ice cube into my amuse-bouche, from across the room the head waiter was instantly at our table whisking my error away! A replacement was there in seconds. Service was superior, as was the view of Pleasant Bay. Our meals were a symphony of flavors - mine a simple yet elegant poached halibut, hers a beef tenderloin accompanied by a mushroom ragout enveloped in wilted swiss chard. Music in our mouths like Bobby McFerrin used to say.Special Features:
- Beautiful location, very priceyPetraVIPDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant and the view was absolutely amazing, nice service but we were little bit disappointed with food. My BF's fish was overcooked and my lobster was just so so. The whole dinner was very overpriced. Anyway, eating there was exciting experience...very romantic..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ViewCapeCodFanDined on 9/4/2014Service was attentive but not overbearing. Wine list was good and food selection was perfect. Salmon was cooked to perfection and presented nicelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NellieDined on 8/31/2014We have dined here several times in the past. As expected, the food and service were wonderful. The atmosphere is great as well, suited for a special occasion or just dinner with friends or family. The only thing we found a bit offsetting was the level of noise from the wedding in the adjoining room. With the beautiful recent renovations, I would have expected a little more soundproofing to have been a must have for such an elegant place. I would dine again but definitely ask to be seated farther from the door connecting the function room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One mistake mires this reviewArthurJacobVIPDined on 8/31/2014A lovely dinner begun poorly. When you tell the hostess and then waiter, (in what is overkill) that IF there's an amuse bouche, to please make it vegetarian or bring the table nothing. Some don't eat this, some don't eat that. Keep things simple. Despite this, a complimentary starter is brought to the table. It is NOT vegetarian. It has prosciutto. Awkwardly, we turn it down. We'd hoped to avoid this. Ok. You didn't listen. Whatever. But then they decide to bring us a "vegetarian" version, the same, with the meat removed. Trust me, prosciutto lingers. Whether for allergies or religious reasons, it doesn't matter. Please just don't remove the unwanted ingredient and re-serve it. Awful start to dinner.Special Features:
- Special Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014My husband and I enjoyed a special anniversary dinner at Wequassett on a recent Friday evening. From our first sip of wine to our last sip of coffee, the service, food, and attention to detail were impeccable. Each staff member who assisted with our meal was friendly and professional. Wequassett is truly a bayside gem!Special Features:
- Con-a-suirConasuirDined on 8/29/2014I did not like where we were seated. The ceiling was too low and there were a large table in the middle. The view from table was poor. The a/c was too cold in this room. Too much salt in the salad. The waitstaff was excellent, very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere and ServicecapecodguyDined on 8/23/2014The food, however, was very mediocre. Our last experience at Twenty Eight was exceptional. This time, however, all four of us thought that the food was not impressive.
- Engagement DinnerRoss922Dined on 8/23/2014What a fantastic place, me and the fiance went for our engagement dinner and we were blown away with how great the location, food, and service were. Christy was our server and she was great - also great management for introducing themselves and congratulating us for our engagement. Thanks everyone at 28 Atlantic.Special Features:
- Absolutely OutstandingDinneranddessertVIPDined on 8/22/2014Twenty-eight Atlantic is quite possibly the best restaurant we have been to, and we return every year. The food is amazing, and the service is impeccable. We had the scallops and beef tenderloin, and both were to die for. The staff also goes above and beyond to take care of everything from allergies to physical limitations. They have golf carts to escort people to and from the parking lot (it's not far, but they were so kind to my grandmother) and offered the most soft and delicious gluten-free cookies with the check when others had biscuits (and celiacs out there know this is not an easy task!) I mention this because they go the extra mile with the little things that matter so much to your experience. It is outstanding in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing short of spectacular!DonJDined on 8/22/2014We had the Chef's 4 course tasting and it was exceptional start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive food - good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Let's face it cost impacts how we value food. We have had great food for cheap and great food that costs a fortune. This was neither. When you spend $140/head you expect fabulous. Some courses were very good (the raw oyster with frozen cucumber) but some were bland (sole with quinoa) and even salt couldn't redeem them. ThAt there was salt and pepper on the tables tells you that this is not serious haute cuisine. The wine pairings never arrived with the courses. And it took forever to get a drink and a bit of bread.Special Features:
- Anniversary to rememberBikerbabeVIPDined on 8/17/2014When I made the reservation, I mentioned that we were celebrating our 40th anniversary. We were treated like royalty. The staff all congratulated us. We were given a table overlooking Cape Cod bay and watched a gorgeous sunset. We ordered the 4 course tasting meal, and the food was scrumptious! I was allowed to substitute poke for oysters as I don't care for oysters. The server allowed us to taste wine to make our wine by the glass selections. Such service! We wanted our milestone anniversary to be romantic and memorable, and Twenty Eight Atlantic really filled the bill!Special Features:
- 21 Atlantic summer brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Every aspect of our dining experience was outstanding and the amazing view only enhanced the excellent meal.Special Features:
- Best birthday dinner ever.JaneJDined on 8/14/2014Food outstanding, view lovely. I had chef's tasting menu. The choices were excellent, food fabulous, especially the tenderloin of beef. We had an early reservation and had our one year old granddaughter with us. She behaved and the servers were lovely to her. Everyone in our party had a special night and was more than happy with the food. I highly recommend this beautiful restaurant. But if your kids can't sit at the table and need to run around this is not for you. It's too expensive to ruin other diners' experience. There are other choices of restaurants at the Wequassett Inn, more casual and relaxed and appropriate for energetic young children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Wonderful dining experience. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceKathyVIPDined on 8/7/2014It is my first visit in two years. The service, the setting, the food were all above average. The service staff were knowledgeable, accommodating, and warm. I felt that I was their center of attention. The food was delicious and the best I have eaten on the Cape. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Diamond in the roughOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/5/2014A lovely evening in a beautiful spot on the cape..excellent food and service with special little additions "compliments of the chef" and a jazz festival on tues and wed nights... A bonus! Not our usual cape fare but definitely a special treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has potential but not quite there.DowntowndinerVIPDined on 8/5/2014The restaurant tried very hard to deliver on service but it was significantly out of sync the minute we arrived. We arrived 15 minutes early and asked to sit outside for a drink before we were seated for our formal dinner. After waiting too long for our drinks, they arrived and were not what we ordered. I looked around; there were empty water glasses. Fellow diners couldn't get drinks in a timely manner. The second I stood up to go to the ladies room there was someone to escort me but he should've been filling water glasses or delivering drinks or taking orders. They tried very, very hard but just need a better manager. They certainly have the required amount of staff and with a little work can be the restaurant they desire to be.Special Features:
- Limited Menu, good foodYpsidinerVIPDined on 7/31/2014This is an elegant place with a fantastic view. The limited menu had good food, but nothing stood out as tremendous. My wife's Halibut was huge, but did not have a sauce that made the bland fish stand out. My vegetarian option was OK, but not really special. The chocolate for dessert was excellent.Special Features:
- Fantastic!roxieDined on 7/31/2014We celebrate our anniversary at 28 Atlantic every year. From the moment you walk in the door, the service and food are superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favoriteCapegirl64Dined on 7/31/2014After nearly 50 summers on the Cape, this was our first trip to Twenty-Eight Atlantic, and we can't believe it has taken us so long to discover this gem. From our arrival, the staff was friendly, attentive and professional, from the bartenders at the Outer Bar to the young man who walked us around the resort to our wonderful waiter. My husband had the lobster (served lazy man's style) and I had the filet mignon. Both were outstanding. Attention to detail, excellent food presentation and perfect service, from start to finish. After dinner, we sat on the couches near the firepits and admired the view. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we returned the next night with our kids and ate at the Outer Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!!!MoBeeVIPDined on 7/30/2014We had been here last 2 years ago & had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Wed. night was anything but. Upon arrival, we were asked if we were staying at the resort. We said 'no'. Despite having made a reservation, we were seated facing a wall. Seeing empty tables, we asked to be moved and were told there were no available seats. No anchovies or cracked pepper were offered when the Cesear Salad was brought. The corn and lemon risotto lacked any taste. Coffee was not offered; I had to ask for it. We noticed a complimentary amuse bouche being given to patrons at a nearby table. We were offered no such thing. Unfortunately, we do not intend to return.
- Totally wonderfulmonicaDined on 7/28/2014We had a truly wonderful meal with a beautiful view at this restaurant. We try to get to Chatham at least once a year and can't wait to come back hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalchrisDined on 7/28/2014Yummy, beautiful food. Exceptional service. Beautiful dining space with nice view of the water. Everything was an A+ except for mixed drinks which I thought were only ok (I had a mojito and margarita, neither of which I would order again). It was a beautiful spot though and I plan to enjoy it again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiencemermaid7Dined on 7/27/2014Beautiful dining room, beautiful view and wonderful food all make for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Fantastic anniversry experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014My husband and I have a house in West Yarmouth and never venture out that way- we are so glad we did! It was a fantastic experience from start to finish ( starting with being picked up in a golf cart) to the end. We were made to feel like royalty and every single course was absolutely fantastic! We will tell EVERYONE to come here.After dinner, we sat around the fire pit and enjoyed a glass of champagne! Such a wonderful evening! See you soon and we can't thank you enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.