Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
5480 Grand Pacific Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92008Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://twenty20grill.com/
- Phone: (760) 827-2500
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am -11:00am
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Robert Carr
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Sabrina Patterson (760)827-2510x
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday evening starting at 6PM
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR: Seven Days a Week 3pm – 6pm
$2 off Specialty Cocktails
$4 for Well & Draft Beers (excluding Chimay)
$6 Sangria & House Wine
1/2 off Starters (not including Flatbreads or Salads)
THURSDAY: Live Jazz Music
Preformed by Wolf Marshall starting at 6:00pm
SUNDAY: Prime Time Sunday
Staring at 5:30pm; Finish of the weekend right with Prime Rib Selections and outstanding sides.
A word from Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
Named for the picture-perfect, panoramic views of the Pacific coastline visible from the veranda, Twenty/20 at the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa offers an elegant, yet casual dining experience that caters to a wide range of tastes, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, business and pleasure. The airy 5,200 square-foot restaurant includes 1,700 square-feet of heated outdoor patio dining where patrons can enjoy sweeping views of the Carlsbad coast and the refreshing ocean breeze as they dine. The menu features farm to coast cuisine, local ingredients infused with the style and flavors of San Sebastian. Made with locally grown fresh ingredients and flavors, each entrée and every hand crafted cocktail is prepared to absolute perfection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Carlsbad ›
Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (50)scenic view (38)good for groups (31)great for lunch (22)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (21)special occasion (20)fit for foodies (17)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Pleasant & gluten free friendlyEatsoutalotDined on 11/15/2014We had a very pleasant meal. Had the kitchen heated the plates it would have been much better but this was a cool spot for dinner with fires outside & a beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet spot for a quick lunchSusan1484VIPDined on 11/11/2014The area around this spot is so beautiful if you get the opportunity to eat on the patio, worth it. It can be very noisy, the food is okay, service is too, but varies on the day/time. This visit was a positive one; good food, good service, had asked for a quiet booth way from the noise (I had a 90 year old client with me) and they gave me a table in the center of the room - I asked to be changed to the booth away from the noise and they did comply. I do like that it is not usually crowded if you go early or after the lunch-rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with family and kidsLuv2trynewplacwsVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great location, easy menu with a small but variety of entrees. Fast service and great staff. Good for families. Loved the fire pits!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoor dining with scenic viewEuropeGourmetDined on 10/14/2014I love this restaurant because it is relaxed outdoor dining with a beautiful scenic westward view. It is a wonderful place any time of day. It features very comfortable couches. Weather you want a calm and peaceful lunch or a vivid dinner with a spectacular sunset and on some days music you are at the right place.Special Features:
- Lovely experienceChrissieVIPDined on 10/11/2014I gave three stars for service only because the kitchen or server (who was delightful) forgot to put in our order for the entree because we had three tapas and they didn't want the entree to get cold. That was a good idea but then it kind of slipped someone's mind. Not a big deal. The atmosphere is so pleasant on the patio that the wait was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely girls lunch spot!4BoysMamaDined on 10/5/2014Five of us ladies enjoyed Sunday lunch together on the quiet, relaxing patio. Simple menu (I like that!) and everyone loved their selection! Servers were attentive and very kind. We loved the leisurely atmosphere and gorgeous views. A wonderful place to share good times with good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014will recomend to frends, a quality resturant all aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was incredibleKellyeLaughDined on 10/1/2014The food was good innovative and overpriced. Our server was the most amazing part of our visit she made us feel comfortable she attended she was funny she was the perfect serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice breakfastEileenVIPDined on 9/28/2014We've been here several times for breakfast. The food is always good, the view from the patio is spectacular and if interested, very close to Legoland. I've rated the service as "fair" because this time it was ragged. Ordered 2 oj's, only one arrived and had to ask for the other. My glass was filled to the brim. We felt rushed, especially when the check arrived with the food. But, the manager said that was policy because they have so many business guests who need the check quickly. (This was a Sunday) Our server also wanted to collect quickly because she was going on her break and we were nearly finished. Had to ask for coffee refills, each came in a clean cup without saucer and the dirty cups were not removed. This wasn't normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for LocalsGunmarSDDined on 9/26/2014We live about a 10 min drive from Twenty/20 and go to there about once a month. There are only a few good restaurants close to home that are good and Twenty/20 is one of them. The food has improved since they first opened and if you have not been there for a while or you are staying at the hotel Twenty/20 is worth a try, you will have an enjoyable meal (and fireworks show at the right time year).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely View - Great FoodWoodpileVIPDined on 9/26/2014Beautiful outdoor dining - always special. Thursday is the best Happy Hour day! Many families dining on weekends - so if you want more of an "adult-romantic" night - go during the week.Special Features:
- Kitchen glitch...foodyooodyVIPDined on 9/25/2014We were never told exactly why but our food took forever, over an hour. The waitress was great, very apologetic, and the chef came out twice to check on us, apologize and give us free drinks and dessert. There were six of us so that was a nice gesture to make up for the delay. My husband loved the crispy thighs especially. Luckily we were not in a hurry. A couple of large groups had arrived around the same time so maybe the kitchen was overwhelmed on a Thursday, during Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Great !!!missycVIPDined on 9/20/2014It was the perfect place to celebrate our wedding anniversary!Special Features:
- Happy customer!GardensitDined on 9/8/2014Clam pasta was delicious. View to Pacific Ocean sunset was outstanding.Special Features:
- Had a pleasant lunch hereSusan1484VIPDined on 8/18/2014The service was excellent, the food was very good and they read my request for a quiet table away from service areas! A pleasant lunch.Special Features:
- Ambience better than the food.basixVIPDined on 8/16/2014It could have been so much better. I give it 2 service stars only because the lovely manager tried to make up for what was lacking. We don't expect to get doted on, just checked in with when the food was taking so long. Then our appetizer salad came with the entree. The salmon and short rib were good, the halibut and chicken were dry. The side dishes were scant, unremarkable and bland. The salad was beautiful, but green beans were overcooked, it just ruined it. I think they have 'cooks', not 'chefs'. The atmosphere exquisite, stone pillars, glass, fire pit, great music. The food should be better than atmosphere and service, they need to clone the manager, get a real chef and some service pros in there.Special Features:
- 20RoseVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great service & amazing view! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $20 for a sandwich & iced tea?ZexworldVIPDined on 7/29/2014Yeah that's pretty much what you should expect. If you're with family at the hotel or LegoLand, this is what you should expect. Food wasn't bad, but really I mean why pay double for what you'd pay for more portions elsewhere? Nice place, but you're paying for that too, I suppose.Special Features:
- Disappointing visitHughDined on 7/28/2014We were attracted to Twenty/20 based on their website menu as well as recommendations for Sheraton hotel staff. We were disappointed to find the real menu is quite different from the web menu, the selection was limited and expensive by comparison. The food we decided on was mediocre at best. We will not return on our next visit to Carlsbad and will not recommend it to others.
- The following 381 reviews are from the Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- TastelesssophmVIPDined on 7/12/2014I wanted to like this place, but I should have known that a hotel restaurant is probably not the best bet, however nice the dining room looks. The dining room is large and pleasant and the patio looked great. Our salad arrived undressed, and our entrees were tasteless. We were both starving, so we ate our meals, but we won't be headed back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/1/2014Excellent Service, Excellent interesting Food (the burger mmmmmm and the salmon Delish) and Cocktails, very comfortable outdoor seating on a cool night,Special Features:
- twenty/20boozyjaneDined on 6/26/2014The prices were a little steep for the service rendered. The menu selection was small as were the portions. The food tasted excellent and the ambiance and comfortable booth seating was lovely. Our waiter was friendly but slow to clean up a water spill and refill our drinks. The bus staff was very attentive and genuinely seemed to work towards our satisfaction. We would go again but maybe just for the bar or if the menu changed more frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruinVIPDined on 6/23/2014Great food and service. Was hoping for a bit of a view since it was in Carlsbad, but just a view of the neighboring community!Special Features:
- Not impressedScuba83702Dined on 6/20/2014Good was over priced and atmosphere was pretentious. Do not recommend, unless you like that sort of thing.Special Features:
- Bacon Bacon BaconAliciaNicoleWebbVIPDined on 6/3/2014Love this place. The patio is gorgeous! The service is great. The menu is small and easy. Nice wine list. My only complaint is the bacon. With so many vegetarian/pescatarian and kosher eating people in SoCal..why add bacon to two out of the three fish options? :-/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come Early for Happy HourDianeBrianDined on 5/30/2014Take full advantage of the Happy Hour menu. The drink specials and appetizers are worth it. The patio has heaters so the cool breeze won't let you get cold. We enjoyed the hummus and my wife loved the short ribs. The sea bass was cooked just right with a crisp upper crust. The lava cake was flavorful and a must for chocolate lovers. The dessert tastings were not as sweet as they appear. The flavors were best for sharing, however our table all agreed to pass on the mint chocolate next time. The children's buffet will win over the pickiest eaters and is free under 3 years of age. We ate there twice and will be back on our next Carlsbad vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014Our waitress was excellent. She was up beat had a great smile and an amazing singing voice which she used to sing happy birthday. Thank you for making our experience the best:)Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day BrunchrealtorcannonDined on 5/11/2014I highly recommend 20/20 for Mother's Day Brunch. The spread was really nice, outside. They also gave you a rose and the food was really good. My mother really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Great food!EileenVIPDined on 5/10/2014I highly recommend the salmon entree on the dinner menu - it was perfectly cooked, crispy skin and beautifully cooked inside. The flavors of the accompanying butternut squash/apple vegetables interspersed with small chunks of bacon and the sauce on the salmon couldn't have been better. I have also had Sunday brunch at this restaurant several times. The buffet is good, plenty of food but not nearly as creative as the salmon above. The breakfast/brunch menu items, however, look very tasty.Special Features:
- Poor managementIndiffdineDined on 5/9/2014A friend recommended this resturant. I made reservations for my birthday. Time was 1:30 pm. It took over 15 minutes before the young waitress tended to our booth. She apologized and stated she had forgotten about us. I was prepared to leave. However my husband convinced me to stay as the food may be worth the cold reception. We ordered sandwich and salad. My husbands salad was filled with iceberg lettuce. For a resturant of your caliber Iceburg lettuce! My sandwich wash I eventful as well. I made special request for a vanilla cup cake. I suppose the waitress missed that memo. We received a discount but we would have rather have had an eventful enjoyable birthday lunch.Special Features:
- Business lunch was great!RustyDined on 5/7/2014Went there for a business lunch and enjoyed the experience. Very conducive to talking business, since it was quiet and an upscale atmosphere. I highly recommend it to the business executives out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow service.DarinSDined on 4/25/2014The food was good and well presented. I had the risotto, it was properly cooked but a bit on the bland side. My companion had the short ribs with cauliflower puree, which was more of a foam that a puree. The brussel sprouts were outstanding. Service was very slow. I don't know if the waiter was new or just really busy, but it seemed to take some time to get our drinks and then coffee after the meal. Friendly waitstaff but slow service. A lot of hotel guests there, so the atmosphere does not really match the price point of the food as it is somewhat casual. A great outdoor seating area with a gas fire pit and valet parking are pluses.Special Features:
- 38.00 no flavor ribeyeLynnaritistDined on 4/17/2014I don't mind paying 38.00 for a steak but it's got to have flavor. So that along with it being on the tough side...just very sub par to restaurants like the West steakhouse and Flemings in del marSpecial Features:
- Service Person was not greatMunchersVIPDined on 4/15/2014On April 15th, we brought my Mother-in-Law to celebrate her 92nd Birthday this year, as well as her 91st last year. The gaping difference between the 2 years, was the Service Person, Last year our Waitperson was great. He was quite attentive, very friendly, & treated Mom special. This year, unfortunately we had a "sourpuss" f0r a Waitperson. She was unfriendly, forgot things, was not attentive, &, we had to ask a Bus Person to request our check. Also, the menu is rather limited. We will likely not return.Special Features:
- KatieDined on 4/3/2014We spent a week staying at the Hilton Marbrisa Resort, located across the street from the Sheraton Resort where this restaurant is located. This restaurant was wonderful! We were seated outdoors around sunset and the view over Carlsbad and the ocean were spectacular! The food was wonderful. I had the marinated olives and the cheese plate, both delicious. My husband had their signature burger; it was overcooked the first time, but the server quickly had the order remade and it was perfect the second time. We had a somewhat picky 16-month old with us, but even he enjoyed his meal! I would highly recommend this restaurant, but make sure you are seated outside!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2014Sabrina and Lauren were very helpful in planning our event. Jason was a fantastic server and handled our party of 19 like a champ. The wine list is pretty good. The menu is appealing and the execution was great. Plus, the patio is beautiful. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really badDiner13184Dined on 2/14/2014The people who work here are very nice; if only they could translate that into decent food and service. We went on Valentines Day, so I was expecting slower service even with a reservation. When our first drinks arrived 35 minutes after ordering them, however, I began predicting the rest of the night. I ordered a medium rare burger that came out out extremely well done. The cheese crisp would have required a chisel and hammer to crack; or maybe industrial scissors. I feel badly criticizing the service because the people were very nice and personable, but it was just awful. Kind of a joke.
- Under staffed - DisappointedMikeDined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentine's Day with my wife and they were entirely under staffed. We showed up a little early to have a drink in the bar, which was too crowded so they sent us outside. Outside is very nice but they didn't have anyone taking drink orders, so after waiting fifteen minutes I went back inside to get drinks (waited another ten minutes) and then carried them back outside. It was a half hour after we were told our table would be ready and we hadn't heard from anyone so I checked on the status of our table. They asked me "where were you? We were looking for you." They couldn't have looked very hard since the only place I had been was outside where they told us to go. Food wasn't worth the money or even leaving home for.Special Features:
- Great food OK servicech66Dined on 2/14/2014A fine dining experience at a hotel restaurant. Appetizers and main dishes were top notch. Service was slow at times but friendly. Reasonable prices, good wine list, and the by the glass pours are quite big. Recommended if you want a nice night out when everything else is booked. People don't usually look at her tel restaurants so it's easier to get in, and you'll be satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere, Food was LackingJccoddingtonDined on 2/14/2014Came here with my wife for a romantic Valentines Day dinner. The atmosphere was fantastic. They had our table reserved with our names on it, great view of the patio with a nice fire pit, and the wine list was extensive. Prices weren't too bad, on par with other restaurants of this caliber. My only criticism would have to be the portions. I was a little disappointed in the cut of the rib eye. For $38 bucks I would expect a hefty piece of meat. What I got was a steak about a quarter of an inch thick. My wife chose the monthly special, a hanger steak on a bed of artichoke hearts and creamed spinach. We would definitely go back but maybe just for wine and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.