Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
5480 Grand Pacific Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92008Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://twenty20grill.com/
- Phone: 7608272500x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am -11:00am
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Robert Carr
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Sabrina Patterson (760)827-2510x
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday evening starting at 6PM
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR: Seven Days a Week 3pm – 6pm
$2 off Specialty Cocktails
$4 for Well & Draft Beers (excluding Chimay)
$6 Sangria & House Wine
1/2 off Starters (not including Flatbreads or Salads)
THURSDAY: Live Jazz Music
Preformed by Wolf Marshall starting at 6:00pm
SUNDAY: Prime Time Sunday
Staring at 5:30pm; Finish of the weekend right with Prime Rib Selections and outstanding sides.
A word from Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
Named for the picture-perfect, panoramic views of the Pacific coastline visible from the veranda, Twenty/20 at the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa offers an elegant, yet casual dining experience that caters to a wide range of tastes, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, business and pleasure. The airy 5,200 square-foot restaurant includes 1,700 square-feet of heated outdoor patio dining where patrons can enjoy sweeping views of the Carlsbad coast and the refreshing ocean breeze as they dine. The menu features farm to coast cuisine, local ingredients infused with the style and flavors of San Sebastian. Made with locally grown fresh ingredients and flavors, each entrée and every hand crafted cocktail is prepared to absolute perfection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Carlsbad ›
Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (33)scenic view (19)kid-friendly (15)good for groups (15)romantic (15)neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (10)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Happy customer!GardensitDined on 9/8/2014Clam pasta was delicious. View to Pacific Ocean sunset was outstanding.Special Features:
- Had a pleasant lunch hereSusan1484VIPDined on 8/18/2014The service was excellent, the food was very good and they read my request for a quiet table away from service areas! A pleasant lunch.Special Features:
- Ambience better than the food.basixDined on 8/16/2014It could have been so much better. I give it 2 service stars only because the lovely manager tried to make up for what was lacking. We don't expect to get doted on, just checked in with when the food was taking so long. Then our appetizer salad came with the entree. The salmon and short rib were good, the halibut and chicken were dry. The side dishes were scant, unremarkable and bland. The salad was beautiful, but green beans were overcooked, it just ruined it. I think they have 'cooks', not 'chefs'. The atmosphere exquisite, stone pillars, glass, fire pit, great music. The food should be better than atmosphere and service, they need to clone the manager, get a real chef and some service pros in there.Special Features:
- 20RoseDined on 8/1/2014Great service & amazing view! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $20 for a sandwich & iced tea?ZexworldVIPDined on 7/29/2014Yeah that's pretty much what you should expect. If you're with family at the hotel or LegoLand, this is what you should expect. Food wasn't bad, but really I mean why pay double for what you'd pay for more portions elsewhere? Nice place, but you're paying for that too, I suppose.Special Features:
- Disappointing visitHughDined on 7/28/2014We were attracted to Twenty/20 based on their website menu as well as recommendations for Sheraton hotel staff. We were disappointed to find the real menu is quite different from the web menu, the selection was limited and expensive by comparison. The food we decided on was mediocre at best. We will not return on our next visit to Carlsbad and will not recommend it to others.
- TastelesssophmVIPDined on 7/12/2014I wanted to like this place, but I should have known that a hotel restaurant is probably not the best bet, however nice the dining room looks. The dining room is large and pleasant and the patio looked great. Our salad arrived undressed, and our entrees were tasteless. We were both starving, so we ate our meals, but we won't be headed back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/1/2014Excellent Service, Excellent interesting Food (the burger mmmmmm and the salmon Delish) and Cocktails, very comfortable outdoor seating on a cool night,Special Features:
- twenty/20boozyjaneDined on 6/26/2014The prices were a little steep for the service rendered. The menu selection was small as were the portions. The food tasted excellent and the ambiance and comfortable booth seating was lovely. Our waiter was friendly but slow to clean up a water spill and refill our drinks. The bus staff was very attentive and genuinely seemed to work towards our satisfaction. We would go again but maybe just for the bar or if the menu changed more frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruinVIPDined on 6/23/2014Great food and service. Was hoping for a bit of a view since it was in Carlsbad, but just a view of the neighboring community!Special Features:
- Not impressedScuba83702Dined on 6/20/2014Good was over priced and atmosphere was pretentious. Do not recommend, unless you like that sort of thing.Special Features:
- Bacon Bacon BaconAliciaNicoleWebbVIPDined on 6/3/2014Love this place. The patio is gorgeous! The service is great. The menu is small and easy. Nice wine list. My only complaint is the bacon. With so many vegetarian/pescatarian and kosher eating people in SoCal..why add bacon to two out of the three fish options? :-/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come Early for Happy HourDianeBrianDined on 5/30/2014Take full advantage of the Happy Hour menu. The drink specials and appetizers are worth it. The patio has heaters so the cool breeze won't let you get cold. We enjoyed the hummus and my wife loved the short ribs. The sea bass was cooked just right with a crisp upper crust. The lava cake was flavorful and a must for chocolate lovers. The dessert tastings were not as sweet as they appear. The flavors were best for sharing, however our table all agreed to pass on the mint chocolate next time. The children's buffet will win over the pickiest eaters and is free under 3 years of age. We ate there twice and will be back on our next Carlsbad vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 374 reviews are from the Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- Service was Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014Our waitress was excellent. She was up beat had a great smile and an amazing singing voice which she used to sing happy birthday. Thank you for making our experience the best:)Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day BrunchrealtorcannonDined on 5/11/2014I highly recommend 20/20 for Mother's Day Brunch. The spread was really nice, outside. They also gave you a rose and the food was really good. My mother really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Great food!EileenDined on 5/10/2014I highly recommend the salmon entree on the dinner menu - it was perfectly cooked, crispy skin and beautifully cooked inside. The flavors of the accompanying butternut squash/apple vegetables interspersed with small chunks of bacon and the sauce on the salmon couldn't have been better. I have also had Sunday brunch at this restaurant several times. The buffet is good, plenty of food but not nearly as creative as the salmon above. The breakfast/brunch menu items, however, look very tasty.Special Features:
- Poor managementIndiffdineDined on 5/9/2014A friend recommended this resturant. I made reservations for my birthday. Time was 1:30 pm. It took over 15 minutes before the young waitress tended to our booth. She apologized and stated she had forgotten about us. I was prepared to leave. However my husband convinced me to stay as the food may be worth the cold reception. We ordered sandwich and salad. My husbands salad was filled with iceberg lettuce. For a resturant of your caliber Iceburg lettuce! My sandwich wash I eventful as well. I made special request for a vanilla cup cake. I suppose the waitress missed that memo. We received a discount but we would have rather have had an eventful enjoyable birthday lunch.Special Features:
- Business lunch was great!RustyDined on 5/7/2014Went there for a business lunch and enjoyed the experience. Very conducive to talking business, since it was quiet and an upscale atmosphere. I highly recommend it to the business executives out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow service.DarinSDined on 4/25/2014The food was good and well presented. I had the risotto, it was properly cooked but a bit on the bland side. My companion had the short ribs with cauliflower puree, which was more of a foam that a puree. The brussel sprouts were outstanding. Service was very slow. I don't know if the waiter was new or just really busy, but it seemed to take some time to get our drinks and then coffee after the meal. Friendly waitstaff but slow service. A lot of hotel guests there, so the atmosphere does not really match the price point of the food as it is somewhat casual. A great outdoor seating area with a gas fire pit and valet parking are pluses.Special Features:
- 38.00 no flavor ribeyeLynnaritistDined on 4/17/2014I don't mind paying 38.00 for a steak but it's got to have flavor. So that along with it being on the tough side...just very sub par to restaurants like the West steakhouse and Flemings in del marSpecial Features:
- Service Person was not greatMunchersVIPDined on 4/15/2014On April 15th, we brought my Mother-in-Law to celebrate her 92nd Birthday this year, as well as her 91st last year. The gaping difference between the 2 years, was the Service Person, Last year our Waitperson was great. He was quite attentive, very friendly, & treated Mom special. This year, unfortunately we had a "sourpuss" f0r a Waitperson. She was unfriendly, forgot things, was not attentive, &, we had to ask a Bus Person to request our check. Also, the menu is rather limited. We will likely not return.Special Features:
- KatieDined on 4/3/2014We spent a week staying at the Hilton Marbrisa Resort, located across the street from the Sheraton Resort where this restaurant is located. This restaurant was wonderful! We were seated outdoors around sunset and the view over Carlsbad and the ocean were spectacular! The food was wonderful. I had the marinated olives and the cheese plate, both delicious. My husband had their signature burger; it was overcooked the first time, but the server quickly had the order remade and it was perfect the second time. We had a somewhat picky 16-month old with us, but even he enjoyed his meal! I would highly recommend this restaurant, but make sure you are seated outside!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2014Sabrina and Lauren were very helpful in planning our event. Jason was a fantastic server and handled our party of 19 like a champ. The wine list is pretty good. The menu is appealing and the execution was great. Plus, the patio is beautiful. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really badDiner13184Dined on 2/14/2014The people who work here are very nice; if only they could translate that into decent food and service. We went on Valentines Day, so I was expecting slower service even with a reservation. When our first drinks arrived 35 minutes after ordering them, however, I began predicting the rest of the night. I ordered a medium rare burger that came out out extremely well done. The cheese crisp would have required a chisel and hammer to crack; or maybe industrial scissors. I feel badly criticizing the service because the people were very nice and personable, but it was just awful. Kind of a joke.
- Under staffed - DisappointedMikeDined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentine's Day with my wife and they were entirely under staffed. We showed up a little early to have a drink in the bar, which was too crowded so they sent us outside. Outside is very nice but they didn't have anyone taking drink orders, so after waiting fifteen minutes I went back inside to get drinks (waited another ten minutes) and then carried them back outside. It was a half hour after we were told our table would be ready and we hadn't heard from anyone so I checked on the status of our table. They asked me "where were you? We were looking for you." They couldn't have looked very hard since the only place I had been was outside where they told us to go. Food wasn't worth the money or even leaving home for.Special Features:
- Great food OK servicech66Dined on 2/14/2014A fine dining experience at a hotel restaurant. Appetizers and main dishes were top notch. Service was slow at times but friendly. Reasonable prices, good wine list, and the by the glass pours are quite big. Recommended if you want a nice night out when everything else is booked. People don't usually look at her tel restaurants so it's easier to get in, and you'll be satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere, Food was LackingJccoddingtonDined on 2/14/2014Came here with my wife for a romantic Valentines Day dinner. The atmosphere was fantastic. They had our table reserved with our names on it, great view of the patio with a nice fire pit, and the wine list was extensive. Prices weren't too bad, on par with other restaurants of this caliber. My only criticism would have to be the portions. I was a little disappointed in the cut of the rib eye. For $38 bucks I would expect a hefty piece of meat. What I got was a steak about a quarter of an inch thick. My wife chose the monthly special, a hanger steak on a bed of artichoke hearts and creamed spinach. We would definitely go back but maybe just for wine and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine DayginaDined on 2/14/2014We had a lovely meal, great service and were allowed to just linger after eating and talk. We had not done that in FOREVER. Normally they want you in and out. This was a great time and good food. We would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait for drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Food was timely but we were continually waiting for drinks; we were only ordering beer and wine.Special Features:
- Excellent date spotcaseyDined on 2/2/2014My boyfriend and I came here for our anniversary and had a great time. Delicious food and awesome wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy spot!JMacVIPDined on 2/1/2014Special family get together. Great time. Our server was a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had excellent food andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/1/2014We had excellent food and a lovely presentation. Our server was great with helpful recommendations. We ate inside because the weather was a bit chilly. However, there is a large outdoor seating area with outdoor fire pits for the cooler weather. We stayed at the Marbrisa resort so this was an easy place to dine after a long day of travel. We were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit pricey for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2014The food was good but not excellent, atmosphere nice but not excellent, nice experience but not quite worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor patio and bar.DaveDined on 1/25/2014Great outdoor patio and bar. Amazing heater system for a cool evening. Nice wine and tapas selection. Be careful during summer as proximity to Legoland would guarantee lot of families with little kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a steak that was veryIleneDined on 1/25/2014I had a steak that was very tough and chewy. Everyone else in the party liked their food (short ribs, duck, etc.)Special Features:
- oops sorry about thatSusan1484VIPDined on 1/22/2014Ordered fish tacos with NO SPICE - food allergy to peppers (got peppers). Mouth blistered, tongue blistered - waitress put in a new order for me - chicken noodle soup;( I've had it here before). This time, bowl of mostly carrots and PEPPER! More pain & 'oh sorry'. Manager came to the table - ''what can we do for you?' They promised not to put those items on my bill! Ended up with a green salad (which was excellent) and coffee (gave me without charge to comp). This place runs hot and cold and I keep coming back hoping the meal as well as the service will be excellent. Hasn't happened yet. No wonder the attendance is sparse (except for the guests staying at the hotel). Doing Open Table reviews hoping management will see & improve!Special Features:
- Very nice placeMattyADined on 1/18/2014We took our kids there for dinner after a Legoland trip, and it was very nice. It has elegance for adults, and a great buffet for the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dining experienceAnonymousDined on 1/8/2014Went for lunch. Beautiful restaurant. Salad portion size was very generous! Enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- birthday nightbirthdaygirlDined on 1/4/2014It was my birthday and it was just what I wanted! Everything was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/27/2013Twenty/20 has a great menu with some unique options. We eat there often and always enjoy our meal. The service is usually good and this time we had a great waitress who was very attentive. The free valet parking is a great value-add and a nice touch.Special Features: