Twelve Stones Restaurant
1221 Flower Mound Road
Flower Mound, TX 75028Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Twelve Stones Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.twelvestonesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9725390200x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Burdick
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We would love to work with you on you next special event. Chef and staff would love to help design that special menu to make your next event memorable.
- Private Party Facilities: Our media equipped wine room is available for private events for up to fourteen (14) guests. We also can accommodate semi-private seating for up to 32 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Brittany Brown 9725390200x
- Entertainment: We feature live music every Thursday night from 5:30 until 9:30. Check our FB page for schedule of featured entertainment.
A word from Twelve Stones Restaurant
Our chef-driven, neighborhood restaurant is a place where the food and drinks are serious, but the atmosphere is not. We encourage you to pull up a pine bench, enjoy a leisurely dinner or relax at the 35-seat bar with friends and neighbors. The rotating New American menu is based on what’s in season, locally sourced and inspiring to the Chef. Cocktails are approached with as much care as the food, with each drink hand-crafted from fresh ingredients. The dining room, designed by award-winning designer, Kuzuu Design is a refined, industrial-farm space with a comfortable, inviting vibe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Twelve Stones Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Flower Mound ›
Twelve Stones Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (75)special occasion (73)fit for foodies (56)romantic (35)good for groups (25)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (16)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Dinner!EatingOut2Dined on 9/13/2014Wonderful food and good service. A GREAT local neighborhood spot for a nice dinner with friends. Noise level was a little high making it hard to hear all of the conversation at our table and everything the waiter was saying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good - but pricey!liketoeatDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time eating at Twelve Stones and overall if was very good. However, we thought it was a little pricey. A $48 steak is one thing (and it was a very good steak), but then to add $5 for each side is a little much. The steak with mushrooms and mashed potatoes is then up to $58. I think one side should be included with all entrees. In addition, one of our group had salmon, again very good, but a small portion. Good for a special occasion and for not having to drive into Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2014This is a gem in a suburban neighborhood, however service needs to be addressed. 3 guest in the restaurant and we could not get our server to complete our order. Spent time being social, but not completing service.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food!FM4FamDined on 9/2/2014While this restaurant is pricier than most, it's a real gem in Flower Mound for Special Occasions. The food is wonderful with new menus periodically. I highly recommend this restaurant for a once in a while dining experience unless you can afford it more frequently.Special Features:
- DonnalouDined on 8/28/2014We came to celebrate two "same day" birthdays....my daughter and my husband. Very pleasantly surprised. Service was excellent. Food was wonderful. Not inexpensive, but definitely worth the price. We need more restaurants like this in Flower Mound. Sushi and Bar BQ get old pretty quick.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2014Outstanding meal, everything cooked perfectly. Good service. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lagram24Dined on 8/26/2014Loved ordering and eating my "usuals". Took the servers recommendation of Chicken Fried Steak and will not do it again.Special Features:
- Nice Evening With FriendsRandyDined on 8/23/2014This is our 3rd visit to 12 Stones & we have enjoyed it each time. We decided to take our friends there & they enjoyed the food & atmosphere. I ordered the Salmon & side of Mac N Cheese & wedge salad. All very good along with a bottle of wine, Sexual Chocolate 2012. The ladies ordered a pasta special, which they both said was delicious! Also ordered by #4 was the scallops, very large & tasty. Desert was the flour-less chocolate cake, a bite hit the spot & would highly recommend it. The chef & manager came by twice to see how we were doing! Plan to go back again.Special Features:
- Great food, service and selection!MaboDined on 8/22/2014The chef came to our table to ensure our meal was outstanding. It was! This was our 2nd time to dine here. We loved the appetizer, entrees and desserts, as well as the wine. We recommended this restaurant to our friends and we just happen to run into them there with their family from out of town! We highly recommend this divine restaurant! Thanks, Peter and Mary LeccaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food reviewGrapevineresidentDined on 8/22/2014Calamari a little chewy. Had red snapper smaller portion than I expected and pretty crispy around the edgesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mealhunters42Dined on 8/20/2014Had dinner here previously-which was great. Lunch was not nearly as good, kind of disappointing after dinner experiences. Waitress at lunch over-explained everything on the menu, describing everything as "fantastic". Fried green tomatoes were very average; the coating was stiff and had no flavor. At dinner, pork chops are very good. House salad was flavorful and fresh. Blueberry crisp w/lemon-buttermilk ice cream was delicious. Wines are really over-priced. Owner/chef was friendly, and seems very talented and interested in providing a great dining experience. Bonus that it's in the neighborhood. Noise level can be very loud at dinner, but quiet at lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!DanielDined on 8/19/2014Food was great, service was excellent - good location. The Chef came out and checked on all of the tables to see how they enjoyed their meal and was very personable. All in all in great expierence with tasty food. Will be going back again!Special Features:
- Local Hang OutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Great local spot. If you don't feel like going into Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Long wait time for foodLC82Dined on 8/15/2014Our first visit to Twelve Stones was Friday night. I'd heard tons of raves about it. Our reservation ensured that there was a table waiting for us when we arrived. Our server was excellent and very attentive. The food was fabulous, BUT it took FOREVER to receive two medium rare steaks and a couple sides. We clocked the wait from when our orders were taken until the foods' arrival at 40 minutes. Our server was apologetic and told us that when they get busy the kitchen backs up and this happens. The restaurant wasn't even full when we ordered. We would not wait that long again for food to show up here or anywhere else. We would maybe consider going back to eat at a slower time of day, but even that isn't likely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Flower MoundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Twelve Stones is hands down the best restaurant in Flower Mound. It has the atmosphere and the incredible food you typically have to travel to Dallas to find.Special Features:
- OutstandingPatrickosucowboysDined on 8/14/2014We enjoyed our 49 anniversary dinner in this excellent restaurant. Outstanding service, wonderful food and great live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just go & you'll believe the hypeGroovyelleDined on 8/14/2014Amazing food, excellent service, personal touch from the chef, knowledgable staff, cannot say it enough-12 Stones is DFW's best kept secret- blows another Top Chef's new restaurant out of the water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite!ChrisG8RDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I decided to try something closer to home for our recent date night. It was honestly the best dining experience we've had since the last time we dined at Twelve Stones. The second visit confirmed the first time a few months back wasn't just a fluke. From being greeted to our server to the chef visiting us at our table, it was once again better than any downtown restaurant we could've gone to that night. My husband and I both agree it's officially our new favorite go-to restaurant for date nights and dinner out with friends. You should really try Twelve Stones, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic menu and local produce!MarknTobRadDined on 8/8/2014Love this place! The menu was eclectic....and full of local flavor. The fillet was absolutely fabulous and cooked to perfection. And the dessert.....mouth watering and unique. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- K.C. KenneyRaiderRedDined on 8/8/2014Overall, great experience. Creative menu (which to our understanding changes seasonally). Also offered non-menu specials (a chicken pasta dish and a Steelhead Trout entree). Homemade bread selection was impressive. Excellent Service. Owner/Chef visited our table (as well as all those dining in the restaurant.) A little pricey considering the portion sizes. Plate presentations were beautiful. Our main issue was the distraction of noise. Tables are VERY close together, and half of the dining area was under a "tin lined" ceiling which reverberated the noise. We will definitely dine here again and look forward to the next seasonal menu.Special Features:
- johnjohnDined on 8/8/2014another great meal. looking forward to the fall / winter menu.Special Features:
- Neighborhood surpriseWestie212Dined on 8/8/2014Discovered this wonderful restaurant about a month ago. Who would expect such a gem sharing a parking lot with Krogers. This is not a quick stop grab a bite and leave. Come with the mindset that you are going to be treated to the freshest of foods with breads and desserts made on the premises. The waitstaff are friendly and work at giving you a relaxing time out of your day. I have only had lunches. But the bar looks to be able to create a hopping place for evening. The menu changes with the seasons. The fried calamari appetizer is fantastic. The formally trained chef/owner has created a restaurant that is casual dress but exceptional in what it offers in food and drink. It is a place you know you are going to have fun in when you enter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthdayHappycustomerDined on 8/5/2014This was our first time dining at twelve stones. It happened to be my birthday and I came with my husband and my aunt. The calamari appetizer was perfectly cooked, and we all raved how delicious it was. Best we have ever had. The main courses were all amazing.. I had the filet. The chef came and introduced himself to us, he was very personable. Chef Dave. We received a free dessert, and even a birthday card from the restaurant. Everything about our experience was positive and we look forward to more special occasion dinners at twelve stones. Oh, and our waitress was fabulous as well!! Thanks for all of it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverDined on 8/2/2014I broke my own rule, i.e., never try a new restaurant on a Saturday night. The noise level made it very difficult to carry on a conversation or hear the waitress. This place was packed and the hostess desk was overwhelmed. The service was attentive but slow. The food was quite good and original. The salads were delicious though the Caesar salad was not a typical Caesar which caused some complaining from 2 of the gentlemen in my party. Overall, our experience was good and I will definitely go back on a week day night.Special Features:
- AverageWineLoverDined on 8/1/2014We were really disappointed. Most of the reviews are very good for Twelve Stones, but there were three of us and we found everything to be average. There was nothing exciting about the food and thought it a little greasy, especially for a higher end restaurant. The service was sub par. The bar area looked fun, but we won't be going back to eat there.
- a gem to have in the neighborhood !texasgma8Dined on 7/30/2014The food is served with great presentation, very fresh, totally temperature appropriate (salads very cold and entrees very hot) and delicious . There is a pleasing variety to their menu and the specials are delicious. I never feel hurried here. Their bread pudding is absolutely outstanding!!Special Features:
- Great local restaurantDougDined on 7/26/2014Great to have very high quality food expertly prepared without having to drive all the way to dallas or ft worth. The scallops never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DAmenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014Blessed to have such a wonderful restaurant in Flower Mound.Special Features:
- absurdly delicious, phenomicnal serletseatoutDined on 7/25/2014Service was phenomenal! Incredibly trained staff! Know their wines! Food was absurdly delicious! Flavorful! Unique! This restaurant is the best kept secret in Flower Mound, TX!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantIHeartKittensDined on 7/23/2014Great food & exceptional service. Try the crab cakes; they're crab-elecious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alwayshungryVIPDined on 7/19/2014The service started out slow but improved. My hangar steak was very good but my wife's bone in pork chop was moist but tasteless.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner2nFlowerMoundDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I tried this place for a nice anniversary dinner and were both very happy with the experience. The food was excellent, the staff was friendly and knowlegable. My wife had the black fin tuna, and I had the thick cut pork chop. We both sampled everything of each other's plate and everything was excellent; the red cabbage on my plate was to die for, with it's smokey flavor. It is definately a special occasion place for us as the prices are moderately high, but well worth it. We will go back.Special Features:
- 2nd time there...TexaCaliDined on 7/12/2014And the food was great. We were a party of four and everyone enjoyed the food. Nice atmosphere, decent service, and all around good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice local spotmkoch7811Dined on 7/10/2014Our first visit, but we'll definitely go back. The potato leek soup was excellent. My wife had the scallops, which were prepared perfectly. I had the crab cakes, and I must say they were the best I've had at any restaurant not near a shoreline - very little filler, lots of lump crab meat. We shared the black pepper cheesecake, and it was very, very good. Our server, Tien, was excellent, the ambiance was nice. There was a singer playing contemporary music on an electric piano. Nice, but a little loud for my taste - we were directly across from her, and had to raise our voices slightly to have a private conversation. Entree prices are generally in the upper 20's, but well worth it. Very nice experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome local flavorGailDined on 7/9/2014The food was amazing, fresh and flavorful. Snapper special was delicious! We had great service from Devon once we were seated. However, they were a little short staffed so we waited in the bar beforehand for 15 minutes until our reservation time and we were never acknowledged. The atmosphere is comfortable and I really liked the decor. Wine selection was eclectic. The servers were all knowledgeable about the dishes and their ingredients. I would highly recommend it for a special occasion or date night. It's a place where you want to sit and take your time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 7/8/2014This was our second time at Twelve Stones. The first was a five star experience. The second, mediocre at best. Because the bone in chop was so fabulous on my first visit, I ordered it again. The first time, the chop was perfectly carmelized with perfect grill marks and delicious. The second time the chop was a dull gray with some grill marks and pretty tasteless. I suspect that since our second vist was on a Tuesday (Twelce Stones is closed Sunday and Monday) that the meat was no longer as fresh as it could have been or as my wife described it, "I got Tuesday meat." On a higher note, my wife got the crab cakes which were great. We'll go back, just not on a Tuesday.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, butFudtogoDined on 7/5/2014Considering the venue, a bit pricey. The food is fantastic and on par with finer steakhouses. I hope the chef is successful and able to relocate into more suitable surroundings. The venue lends more to cozy than romantic or business related. The service on my visit was painfully slow. With reservations, and arriving 15 mins prior to the reservation time, the wait was more than 20 mins after the time the reservation was set for. There were issues with the server I was told that delayed the check for at least 20 mins. The chef made efforts to visit each table for feedback and personally thank everyone for their patronage. That was a nice personalization I thought . But in all fairness the dishes were well prepared and worthy of acclaim.Special Features:
- Awesome!HotsauseDined on 7/4/2014The food, service, and atmosphere was awesome! I would love to make this apart of our monthly date nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Food was fantastic with reasonable prices, great wine list, ambience is very classy without being pretentious and the staff was knowledgeable. Highly recommend the experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Unbelievable food ! Great bar and the wine lust us second to none. We stumbled in on a whim and now it's on our favorites list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.