Twelve Stones Restaurant
1221 Flower Mound Road
Flower Mound, TX 75028Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Twelve Stones Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.twelvestonesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9725390200x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Burdick
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We would love to work with you on you next special event. Chef and staff would love to help design that special menu to make your next event memorable.
- Private Party Facilities: Our media equipped wine room is available for private events for up to fourteen (14) guests. We also can accommodate semi-private seating for up to 32 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Brittany Brown 9725390200x
- Entertainment: We feature live music every Thursday night from 5:30 until 9:30. Check our FB page for schedule of featured entertainment.
A word from Twelve Stones Restaurant
Our chef-driven, neighborhood restaurant is a place where the food and drinks are serious, but the atmosphere is not. We encourage you to pull up a pine bench, enjoy a leisurely dinner or relax at the 35-seat bar with friends and neighbors. The rotating New American menu is based on what’s in season, locally sourced and inspiring to the Chef. Cocktails are approached with as much care as the food, with each drink hand-crafted from fresh ingredients. The dining room, designed by award-winning designer, Kuzuu Design is a refined, industrial-farm space with a comfortable, inviting vibe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Twelve Stones Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Flower Mound ›
Twelve Stones Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (74)special occasion (70)fit for foodies (65)romantic (35)good for groups (30)notable wine list (25)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (12)hot spot (10)late-night find (5)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Casual Atmosphere and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The food was well worth the price of admission. I was hoping it would be a more romantic and intimate setting. Yet, the food was great and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/24/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday here. Wonderful! They put us in their back wine room, food was fantastic. This is a real gem.Special Features:
- GreattigerdeanDined on 10/24/2014Went with high expectations and not disappointed. I had Elk. Wife had snapper. Another had scallops. All very good.Special Features:
- Nice Neighborhood Restaurantmkoch7811Dined on 10/23/2014Our 2nd visit, just as good as the first. Nice, friendly staff, good atmosphere, comfortable seating. Slightly higher than average prices for this area, reasonable portions, but the food is excellent. Everything was prepared perfectly and served quickly. Scallops, crab cakes, market fish (red snapper this time), all very good. Black pepper cheesecake is very good, as was the strawberry rhubarb crisp. Drinks reasonably priced. We would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2014This is a hidden gem in Flower Mound. No need to drive to Dallas anymore for an awesome dining experience. Great menu, wine list and ambiance. Make sure you get the sea salt caramel dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceAmwalmDined on 10/8/2014My wife and I went to 12 Stones for our 26th wedding anniversary. Our plans were to have a nice quite dinner at a table. We got to the restaurant early and had a drink at the bar. The bartender Damion was awesome so we ended up eating at the bar. We sampled about four dishes (cheese board, flat bread, tomato soup and scallops). Everything was outstanding! Not your traditional restaurant in Flower Mound. Great place for a high quality dinner and great service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 12 Stones Clicking on All CilindersAnthonyGDined on 10/4/2014What a great find in Flower Mound! This was our first time here and we decided to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary. Hope was great, Britney, the friendliest human being in Texas (which is saying a lot). Jan and the rest of the wait staff were friendly, but most importantly, extremely professional and knowledgeable on menu items and wines. PEI Mussels, crab cakes and snapper special on potato cake were cooked to perfection, cakes were crisp and flavorful, sauces were superb. The surprise came at the end with a Happy Anniversary card signed by all the staff and a beautiful plate with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate. What a memorable night! Thank you, everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Set up dinner for special occasion and everything was great. We were seated immediately. Wait staff was very good. Plenty of time given between courses. Environment comfortable and quiet. Food was excellent chef met with us. Desert was excellent. Overall a great experience and we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not go againGoagainVIPDined on 9/26/2014Waited 45 minutes for main course to come to the table after the appetizer. Waitress and other staff oblivious to us sitting in the very back corner table. When we asked for the bill before we received our main course, our main course magically appeared. The 3 meals were not hot and seemed to have been sitting a while under the hot lamp to keep warm. Food quality was substandard for a so called 5 star restaurant. The "home made " pasta did not seem like any home made I have ever had since it was flavorless. The fish was tough and the beef meal's gravy was dark and very thick. Also, appetizers were delivered only minutes after the order was given which started the meal in a rushed way. The wait time was much too long for main course.
- Not at all impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014The redfish and scallops were good, but the mashed potatoes were only luke warm and the fettuccini was not good at all, though I realize this is a personal taste issue. Our waiter was rather abrupt and loudly interupted our conversations when she came to the table. She rather startled the ladies the first time she arrived.
- very good foodHappydinerDined on 9/26/2014We are pleased to have a nice "fine dining" restaurant in the Flower Mound neighborhood. Service is not up to par with the fine dining menu and pricies. Some additional education for the wait staff is needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aggie75Dined on 9/26/2014Service was slow, but I think it was the kitchen. My daughter, incredible foodie/chef herself, was unhappy with her filet (medium instead of medium rare) and it was replaced with a very rare filet that she took home. That was our only disappointment. This is a special-occasion restaurant for our middle-class family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the very bestbforsytheDined on 9/25/2014Chef David Burdick has managed to craft a wonderful, consistent, delicious, friendly and comfortable place in this unique farm-to-table restaurant that just celebrated its first year. Our evening was magical! The food was delicious, the service was attentive without being overbearing. The wine was exceptionally paired with the meal. This is our favorite place and the first place we think of when making reservations or suggesting a restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great unique food!neworleansfoodieDined on 9/24/2014I would recommend this restaurant for a great place to have cocktails and appetizers or a special occasion dinner. The prices are on the higher end is why I say 'special occasion'. This chef owned restaurant combines some really unique flavors with things you are used to - to make them extraordinary. I recommend the lamb appetizer. You could add two more little chops (which they allow) and make it an entree. The black pepper cheesecake is different but delicious. The service was good. Our entrees were a little slow in coming out but we were enjoying our conversation and company so it did not matter that much. I will be back on the next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific FoodTamiousDined on 9/20/2014We were celebrating a birthday and had a terrific dinner. All of the food came out perfect and beat expectations. Service was a little slow and inattentive but overall we had a great dinner experience.Special Features:
- I love this placeMorgunnDined on 9/20/2014This is perhaps the nicest fine dining establishment in Lewisville or Flowermound. Everything about the dining experience here is top notch. The waitstaff is incredibly well trained, and provide just the right level of personal service. They are generally knowledgeable about the menu both for food and drinks. There are selections on the wine list that are difficult to find a local liquor stores. It is certainly not an inexpensive experience but very much worth the money. This is a great choice for special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries.Special Features:
- Outstanding!sdtexansDined on 9/20/2014We have been to this restaurant for lunch, but we tried it for dinner. Amazing is an understatement!Special Features:
- Fabulous FlavorsMarknTobRadDined on 9/19/2014Awesome menu and fabulous flavors. Everything plays off each other and leaves a lasting impression!! Love this place :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday 9/19OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Great wine list. Very good food and service at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love in Flower MoundLegalEagleDined on 9/19/2014Love to find such a thoughtful, farm to table restaurant in Flower Mound!! The food was fabulous, especially the fried green tomatoes and smoked steak!! Surprised us at the end with a birthday treat for my husband. We cant wait to go back. We will be regulars, for sure.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!EatingOut2Dined on 9/13/2014Wonderful food and good service. A GREAT local neighborhood spot for a nice dinner with friends. Noise level was a little high making it hard to hear all of the conversation at our table and everything the waiter was saying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good - but pricey!liketoeatDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time eating at Twelve Stones and overall if was very good. However, we thought it was a little pricey. A $48 steak is one thing (and it was a very good steak), but then to add $5 for each side is a little much. The steak with mushrooms and mashed potatoes is then up to $58. I think one side should be included with all entrees. In addition, one of our group had salmon, again very good, but a small portion. Good for a special occasion and for not having to drive into Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2014This is a gem in a suburban neighborhood, however service needs to be addressed. 3 guest in the restaurant and we could not get our server to complete our order. Spent time being social, but not completing service.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food!FM4FamDined on 9/2/2014While this restaurant is pricier than most, it's a real gem in Flower Mound for Special Occasions. The food is wonderful with new menus periodically. I highly recommend this restaurant for a once in a while dining experience unless you can afford it more frequently.Special Features:
- Overpriced!!likeitisDined on 8/30/2014Overpriced for mediocre food!!! I was looking forward to great food after reading many positive reviews but instead I was very disappointed by the lack of flavor. I regretted having to pay more than it was worth since I was so underwhelmed. Unfortunately it is not just me being picky but my entire party felt the same.Special Features:
- DonnalouDined on 8/28/2014We came to celebrate two "same day" birthdays....my daughter and my husband. Very pleasantly surprised. Service was excellent. Food was wonderful. Not inexpensive, but definitely worth the price. We need more restaurants like this in Flower Mound. Sushi and Bar BQ get old pretty quick.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2014Outstanding meal, everything cooked perfectly. Good service. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lagram24Dined on 8/26/2014Loved ordering and eating my "usuals". Took the servers recommendation of Chicken Fried Steak and will not do it again.Special Features:
- Nice Evening With FriendsRandyDined on 8/23/2014This is our 3rd visit to 12 Stones & we have enjoyed it each time. We decided to take our friends there & they enjoyed the food & atmosphere. I ordered the Salmon & side of Mac N Cheese & wedge salad. All very good along with a bottle of wine, Sexual Chocolate 2012. The ladies ordered a pasta special, which they both said was delicious! Also ordered by #4 was the scallops, very large & tasty. Desert was the flour-less chocolate cake, a bite hit the spot & would highly recommend it. The chef & manager came by twice to see how we were doing! Plan to go back again.Special Features:
- Great food, service and selection!MaboDined on 8/22/2014The chef came to our table to ensure our meal was outstanding. It was! This was our 2nd time to dine here. We loved the appetizer, entrees and desserts, as well as the wine. We recommended this restaurant to our friends and we just happen to run into them there with their family from out of town! We highly recommend this divine restaurant! Thanks, Peter and Mary LeccaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food reviewGrapevineresidentDined on 8/22/2014Calamari a little chewy. Had red snapper smaller portion than I expected and pretty crispy around the edgesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mealhunters42Dined on 8/20/2014Had dinner here previously-which was great. Lunch was not nearly as good, kind of disappointing after dinner experiences. Waitress at lunch over-explained everything on the menu, describing everything as "fantastic". Fried green tomatoes were very average; the coating was stiff and had no flavor. At dinner, pork chops are very good. House salad was flavorful and fresh. Blueberry crisp w/lemon-buttermilk ice cream was delicious. Wines are really over-priced. Owner/chef was friendly, and seems very talented and interested in providing a great dining experience. Bonus that it's in the neighborhood. Noise level can be very loud at dinner, but quiet at lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!DanielDined on 8/19/2014Food was great, service was excellent - good location. The Chef came out and checked on all of the tables to see how they enjoyed their meal and was very personable. All in all in great expierence with tasty food. Will be going back again!Special Features:
- Local Hang OutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Great local spot. If you don't feel like going into Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Long wait time for foodLC82Dined on 8/15/2014Our first visit to Twelve Stones was Friday night. I'd heard tons of raves about it. Our reservation ensured that there was a table waiting for us when we arrived. Our server was excellent and very attentive. The food was fabulous, BUT it took FOREVER to receive two medium rare steaks and a couple sides. We clocked the wait from when our orders were taken until the foods' arrival at 40 minutes. Our server was apologetic and told us that when they get busy the kitchen backs up and this happens. The restaurant wasn't even full when we ordered. We would not wait that long again for food to show up here or anywhere else. We would maybe consider going back to eat at a slower time of day, but even that isn't likely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Flower MoundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Twelve Stones is hands down the best restaurant in Flower Mound. It has the atmosphere and the incredible food you typically have to travel to Dallas to find.Special Features:
- OutstandingPatrickosucowboysDined on 8/14/2014We enjoyed our 49 anniversary dinner in this excellent restaurant. Outstanding service, wonderful food and great live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just go & you'll believe the hypeGroovyelleDined on 8/14/2014Amazing food, excellent service, personal touch from the chef, knowledgable staff, cannot say it enough-12 Stones is DFW's best kept secret- blows another Top Chef's new restaurant out of the water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite!ChrisG8RDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I decided to try something closer to home for our recent date night. It was honestly the best dining experience we've had since the last time we dined at Twelve Stones. The second visit confirmed the first time a few months back wasn't just a fluke. From being greeted to our server to the chef visiting us at our table, it was once again better than any downtown restaurant we could've gone to that night. My husband and I both agree it's officially our new favorite go-to restaurant for date nights and dinner out with friends. You should really try Twelve Stones, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic menu and local produce!MarknTobRadDined on 8/8/2014Love this place! The menu was eclectic....and full of local flavor. The fillet was absolutely fabulous and cooked to perfection. And the dessert.....mouth watering and unique. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.