Twelve Stones Restaurant
1221 Flower Mound Road
Flower Mound, TX 75028Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Twelve Stones Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.twelvestonesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (972) 539-0200
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Burdick
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We would love to work with you on you next special event. Chef and staff would love to help design that special menu to make your next event memorable.
- Private Party Facilities: Our media equipped wine room is available for private events for up to fourteen (14) guests. We also can accommodate semi-private seating for up to 32 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Brittany Brown 9725390200x
- Entertainment: We feature live music every Thursday night from 5:30 until 9:30. Check our FB page for schedule of featured entertainment.
A word from Twelve Stones Restaurant
Our chef-driven, neighborhood restaurant is a place where the food and drinks are serious, but the atmosphere is not. We encourage you to pull up a pine bench, enjoy a leisurely dinner or relax at the 35-seat bar with friends and neighbors. The rotating New American menu is based on what’s in season, locally sourced and inspiring to the Chef. Cocktails are approached with as much care as the food, with each drink hand-crafted from fresh ingredients. The dining room, designed by award-winning designer, Kuzuu Design is a refined, industrial-farm space with a comfortable, inviting vibe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Twelve Stones Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Flower Mound ›
Twelve Stones Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (85)fit for foodies (75)special occasion (73)romantic (37)good for groups (30)notable wine list (25)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (11)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Fine Dining in Flower MoundSnappy1Dined on 11/22/2014Love the intimate environment in this place - the wine list and knowledge of the servers is amazing. The smoked filet was prepared perfectly; really can't go wrong with any of the food choices. Love that the chef walks around periodically to check on how customers are doing. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What to do when the 5:30 table won't turn...JeffDined on 11/15/2014Using Open Table to make a reservation was perfect. We were able to get a Saturday night 7:45 PM reservation for 3 people. Fortunately...or...unfortunately, the place is packed and when we arrive 5 minutes early for our reservation, we were told our table had finished and should be leaving soon. Great, we head to the bar for a quick drink. 40 minutes later we are still standing at the bar. The manager does come over and apologize but the place is packed and nowhere else to place us. So what should a Manager do when your table won't turn after more than 2 hours? There is no easy solution to ask a paid patron to get up and leave...but there are some cleaver solutions. In my opinion, the manager should ask the table if he could buy them a desert or after dinner drink in the bar area as there are people waiting for the table. Or ask if he can have their car keys and he'll get the valet to warm up their car. Finally we got to our table and the manager did the right thing by offering to comp us a round of drinks...which was unexpected but very much appreciated I just wish they had been more assertive with people who already paid and were just sitting and talking when there were people waiting and waiting and waiting to be seated on a busy Saturday night. Once seated, the food was off the charts!! Hoping the management sees this post and can head-off situations like this in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014What can I say except that everything was great. The service was great, the food was awesome. I didn't think I would be a fan of the shrimp and avocado appetizer, but those grits were amazing. I had the scallops and my husband had the filet and we had the black pepper cheesecake. I was curious so I had to try it. It was the creamiest cheesecake I think I've ever had. The owner/chef came around to each table more than once. Very friendly, great food. Definitely a place to try and try again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a restaurant right in our neighborhood!FloMoDined on 11/15/2014Had heard many great reports from folks who have dined here. Had also sampled their food at a group dinner that was catered by Twelve Stones. Knew the menu was a bit pricey, but decided we had to try it and invited our best friends to join us. Oh my! We had a lovely evening! Making the reservation online was simple and we were called the day of the dinner to confirm. We waited just a few minutes when we got there for our table, but no problem. It was a Saturday night and the place was almost full so the noise level was lively but our friends said the atmosphere was just like most restaurants in Europe with tables close together and a bit noisy. Our server was very knowledgeable about the wine and spirits lists as well as about all the components of the menu. She was attentive without being a pest. We were there for 2 hours and enjoyed every minute. Our friends made the comment that this may have been the best meal they had ever had--he had the hanger steak and she had the pork chop. They split the black pepper cheesecake for dessert and my husband and I split the salted caramel cream pot (that may not be the exact name) and both were fabulous and were not too sweet or too heavy. I loved the French press coffee with dessert! As we were waiting for our dessert, the chef himself came out of the kitchen and stopped by each table to visit. He obviously is passionate about his craft and was even willing to share the two main ingredients in the sauce that was served with the pork chop--apples and ginger! I had the 6-oz filet medium rare and it was succulent and delicious! It is wonderful to have a restaurant of this caliber in our neighborhood! We are blessed indeed and we will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food & AtmosphereFoodieDined on 11/15/2014The food was wonderful as always & the dimly lit atmosphere is perfect for date night or a couples outing. Steaks cooked just right and my husbands pork chop was amazing. I would recommend this to anyone who likes a variety of cuisine options on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior meals & serviceFloMoFoodieDined on 11/11/2014Twelve Stones is the place to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries – or an anytime treat. Located in Flower Mound, TX, it’s gourmet dining in the neighborhood. The menu is carefully crafted with unique combinations that will be interesting to foodies, but still works for meat and potatoes types. Superior meals and exceptional service!Special Features:
- Faulty lights ruined my steakStevensfamdinesDined on 11/4/2014This was our second visit to Twelve Stones. The first was wonderful. We brought guests with us this time, excited to share the experience. My steak was ordered medium rare. It was cooked medium, at best. When I sent it back, the waiter returned with my now cold steak and a response from the "chef". Apparently, the yellow tone in the restaurant's lighting was the problem with my over cooked filet. Chef insisted, through the server, the steak was cooked to my request. The filet was over cooked, flavorless, and cold. The whole exchange was weird. $300.00 later, we decided this was our last time at this restaurant. I'll continue to dine at Houston's when I want a lovely steak and good exceptional service.Special Features:
- Very NoisystashDined on 11/1/2014Noisy, great food but will not return. The place is not where to go if you want an intimate experience. Couldn't hear our companions and the help. :(Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2014Great food but wish it was a tad less expensive. Music was wonderful but a little.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Last minute Halloween dinner. Excellent all round!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014First time visit on Halloween night - all servers were dressed in costumes of their choice! It was most entertaining. It wasn't crowded, but I attribute that to Halloween. Food was excellent - salted carmel pot de creme dessert was awesome. Drinks were a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chef owned gemOldguy47Dined on 10/31/2014Chef David and his family have created a truly fine dining restaurant. From the knowledgable waitstaff to the creative mixologists, it is a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie FanOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/30/2014The Chef does a great job not only on presentation but combining complex flavors in his dishes. We started with the lamb lollipops, followed by the quail salad and ended with the scallops and Elk Rib-eye. It was a true gastronome's delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Atmosphere and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The food was well worth the price of admission. I was hoping it would be a more romantic and intimate setting. Yet, the food was great and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/24/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday here. Wonderful! They put us in their back wine room, food was fantastic. This is a real gem.Special Features:
- GreattigerdeanDined on 10/24/2014Went with high expectations and not disappointed. I had Elk. Wife had snapper. Another had scallops. All very good.Special Features:
- Nice Neighborhood Restaurantmkoch7811Dined on 10/23/2014Our 2nd visit, just as good as the first. Nice, friendly staff, good atmosphere, comfortable seating. Slightly higher than average prices for this area, reasonable portions, but the food is excellent. Everything was prepared perfectly and served quickly. Scallops, crab cakes, market fish (red snapper this time), all very good. Black pepper cheesecake is very good, as was the strawberry rhubarb crisp. Drinks reasonably priced. We would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/17/2014This is a hidden gem in Flower Mound. No need to drive to Dallas anymore for an awesome dining experience. Great menu, wine list and ambiance. Make sure you get the sea salt caramel dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceAmwalmDined on 10/8/2014My wife and I went to 12 Stones for our 26th wedding anniversary. Our plans were to have a nice quite dinner at a table. We got to the restaurant early and had a drink at the bar. The bartender Damion was awesome so we ended up eating at the bar. We sampled about four dishes (cheese board, flat bread, tomato soup and scallops). Everything was outstanding! Not your traditional restaurant in Flower Mound. Great place for a high quality dinner and great service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 12 Stones Clicking on All CilindersAnthonyGDined on 10/4/2014What a great find in Flower Mound! This was our first time here and we decided to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary. Hope was great, Britney, the friendliest human being in Texas (which is saying a lot). Jan and the rest of the wait staff were friendly, but most importantly, extremely professional and knowledgeable on menu items and wines. PEI Mussels, crab cakes and snapper special on potato cake were cooked to perfection, cakes were crisp and flavorful, sauces were superb. The surprise came at the end with a Happy Anniversary card signed by all the staff and a beautiful plate with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate. What a memorable night! Thank you, everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Set up dinner for special occasion and everything was great. We were seated immediately. Wait staff was very good. Plenty of time given between courses. Environment comfortable and quiet. Food was excellent chef met with us. Desert was excellent. Overall a great experience and we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not go againGoagainVIPDined on 9/26/2014Waited 45 minutes for main course to come to the table after the appetizer. Waitress and other staff oblivious to us sitting in the very back corner table. When we asked for the bill before we received our main course, our main course magically appeared. The 3 meals were not hot and seemed to have been sitting a while under the hot lamp to keep warm. Food quality was substandard for a so called 5 star restaurant. The "home made " pasta did not seem like any home made I have ever had since it was flavorless. The fish was tough and the beef meal's gravy was dark and very thick. Also, appetizers were delivered only minutes after the order was given which started the meal in a rushed way. The wait time was much too long for main course.
- Not at all impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014The redfish and scallops were good, but the mashed potatoes were only luke warm and the fettuccini was not good at all, though I realize this is a personal taste issue. Our waiter was rather abrupt and loudly interupted our conversations when she came to the table. She rather startled the ladies the first time she arrived.
- very good foodHappydinerDined on 9/26/2014We are pleased to have a nice "fine dining" restaurant in the Flower Mound neighborhood. Service is not up to par with the fine dining menu and pricies. Some additional education for the wait staff is needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aggie75Dined on 9/26/2014Service was slow, but I think it was the kitchen. My daughter, incredible foodie/chef herself, was unhappy with her filet (medium instead of medium rare) and it was replaced with a very rare filet that she took home. That was our only disappointment. This is a special-occasion restaurant for our middle-class family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the very bestbforsytheVIPDined on 9/25/2014Chef David Burdick has managed to craft a wonderful, consistent, delicious, friendly and comfortable place in this unique farm-to-table restaurant that just celebrated its first year. Our evening was magical! The food was delicious, the service was attentive without being overbearing. The wine was exceptionally paired with the meal. This is our favorite place and the first place we think of when making reservations or suggesting a restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great unique food!neworleansfoodieDined on 9/24/2014I would recommend this restaurant for a great place to have cocktails and appetizers or a special occasion dinner. The prices are on the higher end is why I say 'special occasion'. This chef owned restaurant combines some really unique flavors with things you are used to - to make them extraordinary. I recommend the lamb appetizer. You could add two more little chops (which they allow) and make it an entree. The black pepper cheesecake is different but delicious. The service was good. Our entrees were a little slow in coming out but we were enjoying our conversation and company so it did not matter that much. I will be back on the next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific FoodTamiousDined on 9/20/2014We were celebrating a birthday and had a terrific dinner. All of the food came out perfect and beat expectations. Service was a little slow and inattentive but overall we had a great dinner experience.Special Features:
- I love this placeMorgunnDined on 9/20/2014This is perhaps the nicest fine dining establishment in Lewisville or Flowermound. Everything about the dining experience here is top notch. The waitstaff is incredibly well trained, and provide just the right level of personal service. They are generally knowledgeable about the menu both for food and drinks. There are selections on the wine list that are difficult to find a local liquor stores. It is certainly not an inexpensive experience but very much worth the money. This is a great choice for special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries.Special Features:
- Outstanding!sdtexansDined on 9/20/2014We have been to this restaurant for lunch, but we tried it for dinner. Amazing is an understatement!Special Features:
- Fabulous FlavorsMarknTobRadDined on 9/19/2014Awesome menu and fabulous flavors. Everything plays off each other and leaves a lasting impression!! Love this place :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday 9/19OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Great wine list. Very good food and service at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love in Flower MoundLegalEagleDined on 9/19/2014Love to find such a thoughtful, farm to table restaurant in Flower Mound!! The food was fabulous, especially the fried green tomatoes and smoked steak!! Surprised us at the end with a birthday treat for my husband. We cant wait to go back. We will be regulars, for sure.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!EatingOut2Dined on 9/13/2014Wonderful food and good service. A GREAT local neighborhood spot for a nice dinner with friends. Noise level was a little high making it hard to hear all of the conversation at our table and everything the waiter was saying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good - but pricey!liketoeatDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time eating at Twelve Stones and overall if was very good. However, we thought it was a little pricey. A $48 steak is one thing (and it was a very good steak), but then to add $5 for each side is a little much. The steak with mushrooms and mashed potatoes is then up to $58. I think one side should be included with all entrees. In addition, one of our group had salmon, again very good, but a small portion. Good for a special occasion and for not having to drive into Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2014This is a gem in a suburban neighborhood, however service needs to be addressed. 3 guest in the restaurant and we could not get our server to complete our order. Spent time being social, but not completing service.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food!FM4FamDined on 9/2/2014While this restaurant is pricier than most, it's a real gem in Flower Mound for Special Occasions. The food is wonderful with new menus periodically. I highly recommend this restaurant for a once in a while dining experience unless you can afford it more frequently.Special Features:
- Overpriced!!likeitisDined on 8/30/2014Overpriced for mediocre food!!! I was looking forward to great food after reading many positive reviews but instead I was very disappointed by the lack of flavor. I regretted having to pay more than it was worth since I was so underwhelmed. Unfortunately it is not just me being picky but my entire party felt the same.Special Features:
- DonnalouDined on 8/28/2014We came to celebrate two "same day" birthdays....my daughter and my husband. Very pleasantly surprised. Service was excellent. Food was wonderful. Not inexpensive, but definitely worth the price. We need more restaurants like this in Flower Mound. Sushi and Bar BQ get old pretty quick.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2014Outstanding meal, everything cooked perfectly. Good service. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.