2233 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80205Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twelverestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3032930287
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 7 days a week: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Osaka
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: twelve restaurant is also available for private parties/buy-outs, please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 303.293.0287
- Cross Street: Park Avenue
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is a parking lot just north of the building for $3.00 on weekdays and $5.00 on weekends, with special rates during Colorado Rockies home games. There is also street parking for $1.00 an hour ($.50 after 10p) that is strictly enforced 24 hours.
A word from Twelve Restaurant
Twelve Restaurant offers Modern American food in a relaxed, and inviting setting. As the name implies, the menu changes each month, or "twelve" times a year. Please join us every month for a new experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Twelve Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Twelve Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (72)neighborhood gem (49)special occasion (46)notable wine list (35)romantic (34)hot spot (14)good for groups (10)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Magnificent!headlettucedebDined on 8/23/2014I visited on the very last night of service, and everything was magnificent to the very last plate. So sad to see it close, but I'm excited to visit Osaka Ramen, and the new twelve when it reemerges. Well done Chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dropped the ball in the 11th hourRNickersDined on 8/23/2014One word: overrated. I was thrilled that we got in @ 9:30 on closing night. The service was inattentive & not particularly engaging or friendly, like they'd already mentally closed. If I ended with the boar appetizer, my life would've been complete. However, the other app, a fish dish, a recommendation (they were out of so much) was bland. My friend had ordered the vegetarian entree that was incredibly salty and she paired it with half the bread basket. Meanwhile for the first time in my life, I sent back my entree; the lamb (a personal favorite) was also over seasoned. He recommended the duck - sans an ingredient - which then was not "fried"; it was chewy & inedible. We had more bread & a dessert, and left feeling dupped & disappointed.Special Features:
- Thanks for the memories...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014TWELVE will be missed in "the Ballpark." We are all anxiously awaiting news of Jeff Osaka's next adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Really sorry to see this place go. Was one of our favorites. They say that they will reopen in a new location soon. We will be waiting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please keep your promise to reopen!msreDined on 8/19/2014As usual, the food and service were excellent: tuna tartar and sweetbreads, and duck confit and the vegetable melange. The squash blossom tempura and the dumplings on the vegetable platter could become my new favorites if I have a chance to try them again. Sitting at the bar took us back to our first visits, and our fellow bar companions were there for the same reasons we were. We had to come to Twelve during this last week of operations because it has been our go-to favorite for the last three years. We finally came to the conclusion that when we do go out -- which is not frequent -- why go anywhere else? We will miss you and look for you to reopen soon. Good luck with Osaka Ramen. We'll watch for the openings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad they are closingSuburbanFoodieDined on 8/15/2014We went Twelve after hearing they will close their doors after August 23rd. We were pleasantly surprised with the cozy atmosphere and a very attentive wait staff. The menu selection was limited but provided a fare to suit almost any appetite. I had the lamb entree and my girlfriend had the snapper - both meals delighted our taste buds. Our regret is we will have to wait until Twelve finds a new location so we can sample the other menu items. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long!Special Features:
- Most Interesting Food in DenverKathDined on 8/14/2014twelve remains our favorite "special occasion" place in Denver. The menu changes completely every month and the selections are always fresh and unique. This month I had the sweetbreads which were a wonderful preparation, a little crispy on the outside but meltingly soft in the middle with peaches and a verjus bubble. The lamb entree was perfectly cooked. The wine list is extensive and interesting. I will miss this place when it closes on the 28th. I am looking forward to trying Jeff's Ramen restaurant when it opens but hoping that he opens another fine dining place soon!Special Features:
- Kitchen was slow!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Good food but WAY too much time between courses! We were there on a Tuesday night, so no excuse.Special Features:
- Twelve is closingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/7/2014Alas! This is a wonderful restuarant that will serve its last meal August 23. I was told they will reopen later, ?whereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jeff and team consistently nail itCDreamsOfFoodDined on 8/6/2014In the past, I came here for date night. This time, we came with the kids (ages 9 &12) and the grandparents visiting from out of state. The menu satisfied the full range of tastes: from the adventurous (chilled watermelon and tomato gazpacho, veal sweetbread -- both ordered by my 12-year-old) and the more familiar and perfectly executed (beets, trout -- ordered by the grandparents). Another treat was finding a delicious Spaetburgunder Rose from Weinhaus Werner Näkel. Service was flawless: helpful, attentive and never overbearing. The only disappointment was hearing Jeff announce that August 23rd will be the last day that the existing twelve is open. We do look forward to being dazzled at Jeff's next venture: Osaka Ramen...Special Features:
- Always wowsCDreamsOfFoodDined on 8/1/2014I can't believe that I waited two years to come back to this fabulous restaurant. This is truly one of the best places to dine in Denver. The food is far above what is offered at some of the more hyped restaurants. The service is right on the mark, attentive but never pretentious. It is a great place for a date, a group dinner or with the kids in tow.Special Features:
- OutstandingPianoDined on 7/30/2014From the moment we arrived, we had an excellent experience. The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive and friendly without effusiveness. The food was fresh and well prepared. I had the Japanese eggplant appetizer and scallops for the main course. Being from the New England area, I am always a bit leery of shellfish in Colorado. I ordered them because others had mentioned how good they were. I was not disappointed - well-prepared and very fresh. Not sure how they do it, but very tasty!! My husband had the duck, and I'm not a fan of duck. I may decide I like it after this experience. We ate there for a special occasion/celebratory event (engagement), and we will definitely find more to celebrate.Special Features:
- Twelve just keeps getting better!headlettucedebDined on 7/29/2014I've been enjoying Twelve for quite a while and have to say that, while it's been outstanding all along, it just keeps getting better. Dined there with two friends tonight and the service was impeccable, the food was gorgeous and exceptional, and the suggested wine was perfect with our meal. The stand outs were the Japanese eggplant and melon cucumber starters, and the duck and scallop entrees were incredible! Thanks Chef Jeff for yet another exceptional dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious mealJulieVIPDined on 7/29/2014Liked the variety on the menu; service was great; dessert was not as impressive. I will go back!Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014Outstanding service and excellent dishes all around. I had they Eggplant & Rabbit. Both were prepared perfectly with delicate flavors!Special Features:
- Outstanding flavor combinationsReviewerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Extremely creative and well thought-out dishes with beautiful presentations. The duck breast with duck liver, elderberry jus and chocolate was a standout. Service was great - informative but not too formal. My only complaint is that my red wine was served at room temp. This is commonly done, but a restaurant with cuisine at this high of a level should fix that. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findthisisjenDined on 7/23/2014I traveled to Denver for the first time and was thrilled to find Twelve recommended on a list of chef's picks for Denver. The seasonal menu is evident in every bite. The dishes were light and fresh. Very much enjoyed the overall experience. Great music playing softly, friendly and knowledgeable waiter, delicious wine, and overall impressive food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LGayhDined on 7/23/2014Outstanding menu that changes every month. The food is amazing and it's very affordable. The scallops are the best I have ever tasted.Special Features:
- SarahVIPDined on 7/19/2014WONDERFUL Food! Well executed. Great service. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Twelve has been in Denver for many years and my wife and I never knew about it until we received a gift card for christmas. We just went last weekend and had a great experience. The food was well done, there was a good wine list and we had a very friendly, knowledgeable waiter. Apparently the menu changes every month and we will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and fungebishopDined on 7/19/2014Twelve offers the creativity and elegance of a big city restaurant with the casual (but classy) atmosphere of Denver. We enjoyed our beautiful and delicious meals.Special Features:
- a feast for the eyes and the palateboulderfoodieDined on 7/19/2014I split the salad small plate (which was huge) with my husband. It was impeccably dressed, and all the components were incredibly fresh. The vegetable main was beautiful visually and the caramelized vegetable jus was delicious and added just enough interest to the steamed veg that were cut up and arranged to look like a small forest landscape. My husband had the barramundi and it was perfect, cooked through, but very moist. His plate could have used something else though as the plate was huge and the food only took up less than half, it looked a bit unbalanced. Palate wise, the richness of the fish could have used some type of crisp veg to balance out the richness. Had the chocolate trio and that was excellent. Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/17/2014Really enjoyed dinner - waiter was excellent and 2 of 3 things we ordered were very good, but spent $120 and left feeling hungry.Special Features:
- Great find!spritzDined on 7/17/2014Small neighborhood place, casual atmosphere with seasonal fresh food, menu changes each month based on what's fresh and in season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cocktails very highdumbacademic1Dined on 7/15/2014Wife ordered Kotel One on rocks. Medium drink stasteize for $12.00....not cool. Good friends ordered two of same...small glass again,..two drinks... $24.00 Told me he'd never go back! Food prep and taste.... Terrific!nI would recommend this to a friend.
- Enzo76VIPDined on 7/13/2014Delicious entrees! The sea bass, scallops and duck were all exception, as was our server. Great spot.Special Features:
- Disappointing...DenverdinerVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food was good but not special. The truly disappointing thing was the service. It was 15 minutes from being served until we had our drink order placed. It was another 15 minutes until we were served. 30 minutes in total! Completely unacceptable. Our server was busy and he rushed all of our interactions. Plenty of better dining experiences to be had in Denver.
- Outstanding…as always!kismetcoupleDined on 7/11/2014Hands down, the best meal in Denver. Great food, outstanding service, fantastic wine list, and wonderful atmosphere. Run - don't walk - to Twelve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- localpatronDined on 7/11/2014I've been dining at Twelve since day one....it just gets better and better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, fine dining-quirky localSuzanneDined on 7/9/2014What a treat to find that it was a Prix Fix dinner the evening we dined. Took a friend from NY city and he was impressed as well. Wine list a bit pricey but very good selections. Order the English Pea Bruschetta appetizer, absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- everything is twelveKathleenDined on 7/5/2014Great concept! Menu changes often, makes you want to come back moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and foodredsherpaDined on 7/5/2014Great little spot with loads of personality - I will definitely be back to explore the menu as it changes monthly. The Chilled pea soup appetizer was lovely and seasonal and the beef entree was perfect. Pain perdue for dessert also excellent. Very enjoyable and a great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another superb dinnerljljrichVIPDined on 7/3/2014We ate at Twelve,Thursday night. The place was full, because those in the know, dine here! We were warmly greeted,the service remained perfect all night. The wine list is great and priced well. Even though Twelve changes the menu 12 times a year, every month, there was a special the waiter told us about that was new for the night. Hamachi with a miso glaze,which he highly recommended. My husband started with that while I had the delicious melon with bucheron cheese. Both appetizers were fantastic! Then my husband had the Duck which was perfectly cooked, and I had the chicken with artichokes. It was sous vided, because it had been boned puréed and cook, then browned. It was beautiful and delicious. Don't miss the July menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014Amazing food all around. The salad was fresh, withe a fabulous mixture of greens, endive, and more! I had the beef and my husband had the scallops. We both absolutely loved our entrees, but only three scallops for the price seemed overly chincy. We were seated and given water, choice so still or sparkling. Loved that! The only bad note was waiting for an excessive amount of time - almost 30 minutes- before the wait her came to take our order. We were actually considering leaving when he finally came. After that, service was fine.Special Features:
- good but not greatEastonfoodieVIPDined on 6/30/2014I went with a group of 7. The restaurant has a nice interior. The service was fine. The hamachi appetizer was terrific but the vegetarian entree was only so so--dry quinoa croquettes and a very flavorless asparagus terrine. One person in the group had the chicken and it was this odd tubular shape (I could describe it differently...) the best dish seemed to be the steelhead trout but they only had one left. My dessert was nice--deconstructed cheesecake. Overall, I was not blown away but I did enjoy it.Special Features:
- Food was delicious!SFinizVIPDined on 6/30/2014My husband took me to Twelve for my birthday. We had a delicious meal and great service. I have already recommended it to a few friends too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant in DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2014I took a few guests here for an appreciation dinner and it was quite simply a wonderful dining experience. The food at Twelve is always outstanding presented with low-key, friendly, and knowledgeable service. Plus you cannot beat the 3 course for $38 deal on Mon-wed. If you love food and haven't been....go, tonightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to expectationoffscreenDined on 6/21/2014We had looked forward to spending our 41st anniversary at Twelve. It was just ok. They forgot our salad entry, but paid for our drinks in apology. The hamachi app was very average. Bland. Needed some bite of jalapeño or something. Wife entry was halibut and it was terrific. Done perfectly. My entree, the rib-eye steak, not so much. Instead of a steak, I was presented with 3 hunks of meat, well-cooked but unsauced and dry. The potatoes were Greek style, not the whey-mashed as advertised. There were a few dabs of dipping stuff, one a jam that was fine, but the pesto dip was very bitter. We didn't stay for dessert.
- Take Trip A Trip To Twelve! 👍JaySeaDined on 6/19/2014Twelve is a small and unassuming looking place with a very casual atmosphere. One open dining and bar room area mean it can be a little noisy when crowded but I've never been bothered too much. As it should be with any restaurant, the main attraction is the FOOD! 👍 On that score, Twelve delivers! Several dinners there and all have been first rate food and wine experiences. As the menu changes each month ("Twelve," get it? 😉), it is always a new experience. The wine list is eclectic with many known labels but many that you've never heard of. My only suggestion to Twelve would be, given its locale, work on the parking situation (validated parking please!), else take a trip to Twelve for your next "foodie" outing.Special Features:
- Great girls night outGNOwRJWDined on 6/16/2014Wonderful experience. Wait staff was incredibly educated on the menu and beer, wine and spirits. Thank you for making our trip from Wyoming worth every cent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.