2233 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80205Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twelverestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3032930287
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 7 days a week: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Osaka
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: twelve restaurant is also available for private parties/buy-outs, please inquire at email@example.com or by calling 303.293.0287
- Cross Street: Park Avenue
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is a parking lot just north of the building for $3.00 on weekdays and $5.00 on weekends, with special rates during Colorado Rockies home games. There is also street parking for $1.00 an hour ($.50 after 10p) that is strictly enforced 24 hours.
A word from Twelve Restaurant
Twelve Restaurant offers Modern American food in a relaxed, and inviting setting. As the name implies, the menu changes each month, or "twelve" times a year. Please join us every month for a new experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Twelve Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Twelve Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (72)neighborhood gem (49)special occasion (46)notable wine list (35)romantic (34)hot spot (14)good for groups (10)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- A special nightPhlucpDined on 2/26/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday at Twelve. The prix fixe opportunity is wonderful. Each dish was superb. The service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Came here with my friends.PodangDined on 2/26/2014Came here with my friends. Food was really great! I would definitely come back and like how the menu changes every month. Waiters were awesome & nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!WeLoveTwelveDined on 2/24/2014As usual, Chef Osaka perfectly executes his creative menu which changes every month. The tastes and textures always blend together well. This time we ate there on a Monday when a Prix-fixe option is offered and you order off of the regular menu. And the service was terrific too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingDukedudeVIPDined on 2/23/2014The service and ambiance were very good, but the food was a serious disappointment. I ordered scallops and was served a scallop mousse roll. No actual scallops and the favor of the mousse roll was bland and tasted like there might have been one small scallop smeared through out it. There was no real scallop meat in it that I could find or taste. Had they served a slice of the mousse roll with 4 real scallops then it could have been a good dish.
- Very disappointedTexastransplantDined on 2/15/2014It's pretty ambitious to completetely change your menu every month, but Twelve missed the mark on just about every front. First, they don't have valet. Usually, not a big deal, but Twelve is located right around the corner from a homeless shelter. We passed the line at the shelter several times as we looked for a parking spot. Not great ambience. The food was bland, and the service was slow. The crab was seriously underseasoned. The pan roasted frog legs were actually deep fried and tased like fried batter. The beets were ok, but nothing to rave about. The pork loin looked like spam and had no seasoning. None. All in all, lackluster food, inattentive service and poor location. Would not recommend this place at all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 for 34061Dined on 2/15/2014Our 3rd time at Twelve and once again, perfection! We keep going back thinking it couldn't be so consistently amazing...but it is. This restaurant is not at all pretentious, or overly trendy. It stands completely on its own merit and humbly over-delivers all around amazing results in food, service, and experience. Its kind of like the shy girl who sat in back of your 10th grade history class, who shows up to the prom and crushes it. Favorite spot in Denver, hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Service, Worst foodAlDuganVIPDined on 2/15/2014Been to Twelve several times. Food and service always good. Took another couple there. Wow!!! Twelve has "slipped". Service was lacking, had to "grab' any wait staff person and ask for water, then again for bread. Scallop sausage was tasteless. "Footer" should not even be on menu. I guess when you make the "5280 Restaurant List" you stop trying. Too bad. I had high hope for an excellent chef bursting onto the Denver dining scene.
- Good ambiance, questionable foodLAAFdiningDined on 2/15/2014Very friendly server, good wine and a good appetizer. The downfall was the main meal. My wife and I are both Gluten intolerant and advised the server of this as he guided us through the menu and advised of substitutions to keep it Gluten Free. One such dish was the Scallops which were in a sausage format with an odd mushy consistency that tasted fishy. The food was dropped off by another server who didn't advise us what was on the plate. As such, we both tasted bits of the Scallop dish including a mystery side dish that looked like corn meal, but we later learned was Gnocci (a gluten product) upon the return of our main server. The serve did his best to accommodate, but this could have been a real problem had we been celiac!
- Pre-Colorado Ballet birthday dinnerroma50Dined on 2/15/2014We chose this restaurant for a special occasion, and Twelve lived up to our expectations. Dinner was delicious, service outstanding, and unlike many restaurants we've gone to pre-ballet or theater, completely stress-free as far as the timing. Nothing was rushed, but everything was timed so that we could have an enjoyable dinner with no worries about making curtain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have had bettergapsgirlDined on 2/14/2014I am a farm to table enthusiast, this was my second time at twelve and both visits have just been okay. Unfortunately it ranks pretty low on my list for go-to restaurants. While the atmosphere is Very nice and the wine list is extensive the service has been slow and the food is not near what it should be for the price. I have an array of food allergies which is why I always choose farm to table restaurants, I don't think my server was very sensitive to them and also seemed annoyed by them. This is far from the case at many other restaurants. With all of that said my husband and I probably won't be going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Always a great spot for interestingcharlesmDined on 2/12/2014Always a great spot for interesting food. Menu changes monthly-Twelve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a surprising twist at TwelveJGsmilesDined on 1/23/2014Twelve used to be my absolute favorite restaurant to go for a quiet dinner, with great food and excellent wine. I love that it's quiet and you can have a conversation. However, the last two times I've been there, the waiter rushed us to order. We wanted to take our time and the waiter came over six times (not kidding) to ask us if we are ready to order. There should be some sort of clue that we are ready to order when we close our menus but the menus are just a piece of paper so it's hard to signal. The waiter proceeded to push us through the meal interrupting our conversation to ask if we are ready to order the next course. I thought this was anomalies the first time, but now I believe it is what it is. Sadly, I won't go back.
- A Different Menu Each Month - Yum!PeggyPDined on 1/20/2014This place is fantastic! Every month, there is a new menu, and so far, every month, it has been DELICIOUS! The wine list is fabulous, even by the glass, and the wait staff is knowledgeable not only about the food, but wine and wine pairings. Twelve is a great restaurant for anyone who wants to have a fantastic, memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.AshleyCDined on 1/17/2014I've lived in the neighborhood for 3 years now and embarrassingly enough hadn't been to twelve. Everything was amazing - the menu, the food, the concept, the wine, the service. I will definitely be making up for lost time and returning regularly.Special Features:
- Delicious, delightful!WinkDined on 1/17/2014The space is intimate (read: small) but feels neither skimpy nor cramped. An assortment of 2-tops, and options for combining tables to accommodate larger parties. Bar seating as well. The staff is small, but nobody is rushing around looking anxious. There's a quiet but friendly and helpful vibe from everyone. And then there's the food. Oh man, the food. The food is outstanding. Flawless. Perfect flavor combinations, perfect proportions. We started with the bone marrow and the parsnip soup, moved on to entrees of scallops and cod (I'm still shocked that simple cod could be elevated so sublimely), and though full, couldn't stop ourselves from ordering dessert as well. We look forward to returning. I hope we can squeeze it in every month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twelve is becoming pretentiousfoodsnob57Dined on 1/11/2014We have been dining at Twelve consistently since it opened and have recommended it to many of our friends because we liked it so much., This past visit, however, did not impress. I wonder if there was a management or chef change, but there was a palpable difference. The food was beautifully presented, but not particularly interesting or complex in flavors. None of the dishes was special enough to warrant the huge increase in price and reduction of portion size. It was also very noisy however the service was very good. . My husband and I felt the restaurant has become pretentious.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the eveningF00dieintrainingVIPDined on 1/11/2014Service was great, the scallops were amazing, had a lovely evening out with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place to Dine and RelaxSikSekDined on 1/10/2014The ambience gave a very comfortable vibe. Definitely a nice place to come to have dinner with a friend, enjoy dinner, then enjoy a glass of wine. It did took a while for our waiter to greet us, but the water boy was kind enough to greet us first. Other than that, the food, drinks, and the rest of our evening was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!osibaby14Dined on 1/4/2014I just love this spot. The food is good, and the place feels like a special gem. Love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!gapsgirlDined on 1/4/2014I am on a very specialized diet and our server was more than happy to make sure my needs were met. He was very knowledgable regarding the menu and had excellent recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYE 2013MattDined on 12/31/2013Awesome way to close out 2013! GREAT FOOD! Fabulous wait staff, awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!osibaby14Dined on 12/29/2013I choose this place to celebrate my younger sister's 20th birthday! Both siblings were skeptical about trying out something this new... not going to a 'big' and 'notable' establishment. However, their concerns were quickly put to rest when they tasted the food. The portions are just right and everything on the plate worked absolutely wonderfully together. We were truly impressed with the food and the concept of the restaurant. Will certainly stop by really soon!Special Features:
- The 12 (Apostles) are HeavenlyNYProfessionalCriticDined on 12/28/2013In what must be a very old time bar that has been updated some and is quite clean, the Twelve's ambience has character in a good sense, but may not appeal to all. The food is almost heavenly. The reasonably large wine list is well-chosen and categorized not by geography but by how the wines taste - white or read, light or full-bodied, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but slowgbw80521Dined on 12/23/2013The food here was great but the service was pretty slow. 45 minutes between finishing our appetizers and getting our entrees is a little much. Other than that it was very nice. Especially when the place wasn't busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemAndrewDined on 12/19/2013My girlfriend found this in a travel magazine and am I SO glad. Food was incredible and the service even better. It is small, not in the greatest Denver neighborhood, but so worth it all. The food was modest in amount but stellar in flavor and creativity. I wish I lived there so I could go back. If you are in Denver, you HAVE to try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We has a great timeBarbjefe1VIPDined on 12/18/2013We had a much-needed "date night" at Twelve last week. The service was wonderful, and even the chef came by our table a few times. The server recommended a bottle of wine that I loved. The foie gras and onion soup were both delicious. My husband was very happy with the duck entree. I had the beef which was tasty, but not amazing. The cheese plate and chai cake were also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden TreasuremangiaVIPDined on 12/15/2013The Best food, The best service. This place is so special. Go on a Sunday evening, very quiet and wonderful.Special Features:
- One of the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/14/2013Our table wasn't quite ready when we got there but the quickly ushered us to the bar for refreshment while we waited. Our waiter was courteous and ready to make recommendations. The food...ah, the food. One of the top two meals I've had since moving to Denver from Brooklyn. The wait staff was the most attentive we've ever had- when my husband dropped his knife, another was being handed to him on a plate- how did they get there so fast. Holy moly, great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always BrilliantReidVIPDined on 12/10/2013Month after month I count on Twelve to deliver the best food and service in town. I've been more than a dozen times, and have been more than satisfied on each visit. For my money, it's the best restaurant in Denver, period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An awesome nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/8/2013I took a date here last Sunday. From start to finish the experience was incredible. The menu is full of unique menu items that I don't see regularly so I was excited to try something new. It did not disappoint, the appetizers were great, both foie gras and cured salmon. And the scallops and confit duck entrees were perfect. The wine list had a great range of options for being medium in size. Finally the desert was incredible, the perfect finish to the meal with pot de creme and bittersweet cake. Excellent service, attentive, knowledgeable, and well paced. I will absolutely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect 10 for Twelve!JaySeaDined on 12/8/2013Set up a reservation based solely on social network comments - had never heard of Twelve before; what a find! A group of six who don't see each other that often so we really wanted a place with exceptional food and service but also without pretense and allow us to have a relaxed evening with friends. Twelve was a perfect 10 on the quality of the food and the service was attentive without being over bearing or too "present." The menu features meats and seafood dishes that are fresh and prepared in unique ways that I cannot quite categorize. For example, I had the beef that would be called a "steak" in most restaurants but it was prepared with a perfect 1/4" trim of fat and a seasoning that was exceptional. You can't go wrong at Twelve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, Twelve was amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2013As always, Twelve was amazing. My husband had a beef dish that was as well cooked as I've ever seen.Special Features:
- Highly Recommend 12BobBertSaraDined on 11/2/2013We had a great dinner, excellent service nice reasonably priced wine and would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great service. Food was solid,wyorichDined on 11/2/2013Great service. Food was solid, but with small missteps. Potatoes under-seasoned, in seafood dish, steak had quite a bit of gristle, desserts good but not great. The amuse of apple sorbet with miso sugar was amazing though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eight thumbs up !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/30/2013Since the menu changes monthly, Twelve Restaurant is always up for consideration. Chef Jeff Osaka, keeps changing it up. This month, the menus was so interesting that we took friends three times. We will continue with our monthly visits. The staff is fantastic and very knowledgeable. This past visit got eight thumbs up. Two from each of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beMTT5VIPDined on 10/26/2013We have been to Twelve a few times now - it is one of our favorites. But my dinner was just not good at all. The vegetarian entree was bland and the textures did not work well. The soup was bland too. My husband said his dinner was excellent. Perhaps there needs to be a little more work on the vegetarian options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is That All There Is?2PickyDined on 10/26/2013I was disappointed in the entrees. My friend ordered the scallops and I ordered the lamb. Both were beautiful dishes. However, for the price there should have been more than three scallops and more than two silver dollar slices of lamb. Our waiter, (don't remember his name but had on black horn rib glasses) never checked on us after we received our entrees. I won't be back.
- indifferent service, overpricedeemgVIPDined on 10/25/2013This was probably our fifth visit to Twelve and so clearly we've had good experiences there in the past, but this most recent meal left a bad taste in our mouths and we likely won't return. The service was very slow and the waiter was cold and indifferent. The food was fine; in particular, the October scallop presentation is very nice. But the prices overall seem to have crept up. Other Denver restaurants are now serving this caliber of food at lower prices.
- Simply the BestReidVIPDined on 10/24/2013Fantastic as always, what a place! If you haven't been and you love amazing food, you owe it to yourself to give this place a shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect - including sound levelroma50Dined on 10/24/2013I took my brother here when he was in town for a conference. He has hearing issues, and after being surrounded by a high level of noise for several days he was very grateful for the quiet ambiance, which was the case even though Twelve was nearly full. The food was delicious, service was extremely pleasant, and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.