2233 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80205Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twelverestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3032930287
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 7 days a week: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Osaka
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: twelve restaurant is also available for private parties/buy-outs, please inquire at email@example.com or by calling 303.293.0287
- Cross Street: Park Avenue
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is a parking lot just north of the building for $3.00 on weekdays and $5.00 on weekends, with special rates during Colorado Rockies home games. There is also street parking for $1.00 an hour ($.50 after 10p) that is strictly enforced 24 hours.
A word from Twelve Restaurant
Twelve Restaurant offers Modern American food in a relaxed, and inviting setting. As the name implies, the menu changes each month, or "twelve" times a year. Please join us every month for a new experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Twelve Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Twelve Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (76)neighborhood gem (51)special occasion (49)romantic (37)notable wine list (36)hot spot (14)good for groups (10)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Not overwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014Twelve came highly recommended by the foodies we know The portions were small and the choices limited. We had a pleasant time but were not bowled overSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check it out....OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/14/2014Loved the creative menu, portions were a little small. Overall an enjoyable dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- art decofrontrangerDined on 6/12/2014It was a short walk from the ballpark.Very convenient.We were first ones for dinner.Service great,Fine glass of Malbec to start,No skimping there.Food was tasty, perfectly prepared. Plates were works of art but portions small.The chocolate dessert outstanding but I left hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the experiencefoodieDined on 6/7/2014We enjoyed Twelve - from the front of the house attentiveness to the high quality delicious food. Can hardly wait to go back to find out what is on the menu next month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/2/2014What a great dinner. We had excellent service. Thanks for accommodating the ever changing size of our table. Some of the best food that I have ever had. Delicious, creative great presentations. Our servers new the menu in detail and we're extremely helpfull with our selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent find, excellent food.ToddDined on 6/1/2014My wife and I went on a date on a Sunday night and had been perusing the 5280 top restaurant list which Twelve is listed on. When arriving I was a bit concerned because from the outside and by the location on Larimer it didn't look that nice. But the inside had a nice ambiance. I was told by a foodie friend not to go on the first day of any month (we went on June 1st) because they would be working the wrinkles out on the new menu. We didn't have such an issue. We greatly enjoyed the home made break sampler with slated butter, the mussel appetizers, a split dinner salad before dinner and each was delightful and we were talking about the flavors and presentation. The steaks we had for dinner were great. We would go back and recommend.Special Features:
- Birthday Bliss!CheechDined on 5/27/2014We had a great evening at Twelve celebrating my 28th birthday. The food was divine (as always), as were the staff and customer service. We can't wait to see what Chef has in store for us with Osaka Ramen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twelve continues to impressSerious4funDined on 5/27/2014The menu changes monthly keeping it fresh. I can't wait to check out next month's selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding! A must try.....OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/27/2014We've heard great things about Twelve and finally were able to go for dinner. Interesting food that had technique, flavor of the foods without a ton of seasoning, precise presentation, one can understand why Chef Osaka is a finalist for the 2014 James Beard Award. The menu changes monthly and we look forward to returning to see what new things we can enjoy. Servers were knowledgable regarding the wine list which was refreshing. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant in Denver!TickleDined on 5/23/2014Care goes into each dish. The kitchen should be applauded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twelve delivers again!WeLoveTwelveDined on 5/21/2014My family's favorite Denver restaurant. My brother-in-law is an excellent cook, who fell in love with Twelve during his first visit. My sister from NYC, an experienced foodie who visits Denver 4-5 times per year, insists on dining at Twelve during each trip here. She likes other restaurants in town, but only Twelve is a must. As for me, I wish I lived closer than Westminster, as I would be eating at the bar a couple of nights a week. Thank you, Jeff Osaka, Tristan, and the rest of the excellent staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBaconatorDined on 5/19/2014We were visiting from out of town, found Twelve on "Chef's Feed" application on my iphone. Excellent staff, great space, we could not get over the portions! Very generous and reasonably priced for this kind of food - a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 572 reviews are from the Twelve Restaurant reviews archive.
- IVIaverick4Dined on 5/17/2014Server was unfriendly and not attentive. Food was decent but overpriced. I will not be going back.
- Meticulous & DeliciousJeremyVIPDined on 5/13/2014Starting with one of the more knowledgeable and charming servers we've had in Denver, continuing with water and table service from the Chef/Owner (!), and mostly because of the meticulous attention to detail with flavors and presentation, this was an all-star meal. Creativity abounds, the monthly menu changes are spot on with season and colors, and the flavor and texture combinations are tantalizing. I had the nettle soup, which just screamed spring, followed by the exquisitely prepared pheasant, including a wonderful croquette of pheasant leg confit. For dessert, the almost-savory pain perdu was a flavor blast, but for chocolate lovers definitely get the trio.Special Features:
- Love twelvebobonneDined on 5/10/2014First time at twelve. We loved the food from start to finish. True portions not huge, but just right for us; each course superb. Our waiter was well versed and guided us on ordering. We will come back!Special Features:
- Great menu to celebrate springBetsyRDined on 5/8/2014New menu: the nettle soup with pine nut pesto was an amazing starter to celebrate spring. The pheasant was incredible. Dishes included other spring foraged foods; morels, miner's lettuce. The steel head trout was delicious, but I think it needs a sauce, as the brioche crumb breading was a bit dry. I loved that they honored the birthday celebration by bringing out a delicious enriched wine on the house; I will be looking to pick up a bottle of what we were served. Attentive, informed service, that avoided being intrusive. On a Thursday night, the restaurant was at most 2/3 full, which allowed us to easily converse over the noise level. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely fabulousShoeDivaDenverVIPDined on 5/7/2014The food was superb. Specifically, we had the trout, lamb and pork chop. Each dish was perfectly prepared and wonderfully delicious. And, the service could not have been better.Special Features:
- New Downtown FavoriteallaboutthegrapesVIPDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I engoyed this restaurant so much. We are from Boulder and come to Denver on occasion to find great restaurants. Because of the drive a restaurant must be great for us to make the trip for a second time; which we will definately be doing for Twelve. Great attention to detail on the food and the execution of the taste and presentation was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not great.susanscabVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great soup, fish wash not good, and my husbands' meal was mediocre. Not worth the drive.
- Not much for the priceBooBooDined on 4/26/2014We went to Twelve on recommendations from friends. First of all, the location is a bit sketchy. I certainly would have been more concerned in the winter when it gets dark early. The place itself is nice and chic antique. I thought the food was soso, especially the chicken which looked and tasted like it came out of a Spam can. The portions were small except for the salad which was excellent. I was also very disappointed that there were no reasonably-priced wines on the menu, especially by the glass. In all, it was not the experience I had anticipated.
- food good, service could use workOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Brought friends in from out of town. Came on advice from another friend, so it was my first time there as well. The staff seemed to be a little preoccupied or at least gave us the feeling that we were not really that important. Food was definitely the redeeming factor to our time at Twelve. I had the vegetable dish and found it to be very good. Impressed with the wide array of veggies used. I think if a bit more care was given to our customer service experience, I would rave. But that said, I would certainly come back again because the meal was quite enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/22/2014We've eaten here 3-4 times and have never had a bad meal. We love this place!!Special Features:
- Jeff Osaka is a Denver treasure!sdessermanVIPDined on 4/18/2014Twelve is simply superb! Inventive, well-executed, delicious food in a lovely and well-designed space.
- Fantastic!ReidVIPDined on 4/16/2014As usual, Twelve provided a memorable dining experience. The care and creativity that goes into each dish is evident, and when paired with great skill and great ingredients, the results are most impressive and delicious. There is not a better meal to be had in this region, fantastic!Special Features:
- Amazing Experience with every dishElenaVIPDined on 4/14/2014I enjoyed every dish and every ingredient on each plate. Delicious, different, impressive, interesting, and what is more surprising.... for an incredible price. I order the prefix degustation menu for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Made our top ten listOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/12/2014We eat out several times a week and go out of our way often trying to find another restaurant to add to our list of favorites. Twelve made that short list this weekend. Although it's a small restaurant they manage the space well and the entire staff and owner obviously love what they do and pull together to make it work. Service was great, every dish we shared had layers of flavor as well as a presentation that let you know before it hit the table that they're passionate about food here.Special Features:
- Great hide awaySandyGVIPDined on 4/12/2014Just ignore the surroundings in a neighborhood turning around. Lot parking is inexpensive, meters charge late into night so be sure and pay. Food delicious and beautiful. Great fish and seafood. Portion size varies wildly, eg, huge green salad but asparagus appetizer has only two spears. Same with entrees. Lots of duck, but only three scallops. So ask re your hunger level:) great find.Special Features:
- The food and service are alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/10/2014The food and service are always good; the food is interesting and inventive; the wine list is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denver's best little restaurantSerious4funDined on 4/8/2014Most creative menu in Denver as it changes monthly. Dining for the adventurous eater. Fresh and vibrant flavors in a comfortable environment. The service is professional without being pretentious and overbearing. Also, Monday through Wednesday they do a $38 prix fixe menu where you get to choose from the whole menu. It's a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love thus place, always aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2014Love thus place, always a blast and Patrick makes the night with his service and friendly attitudeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatmarkVIPDined on 4/4/2014It has been awhile since we had last been here. I should have my head examined. The food is ever changing and always outstanding. The only thing better than the food is the ambiance. Outstanding service. Outstanding wine list. Just simply outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie's Paradise W/O AttitudekarlgcoDined on 4/3/2014This was my second time dining at Twelve. Dishes that could err on the side of being pretentious are executed so well that they border on comfort food. The service is attentive without the least bit of snootiness. Looking forward to returning with friends who appreciate good food, but don't like an uptight scene.Special Features:
- YummyLove2eatvailVIPDined on 4/1/2014Great atomosphere. Creative chef and tasty food. Nice couple or friends dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TwelvefranknmooreVIPDined on 3/29/2014This is our second time at Twelve -- and both times have been exceptional. If the name confuses, Twelve changes its menu once monthly -- so twelve menus annually. As always, the service, the food, and the wine were exceptional. We shared a reasonable bottle of Oregon Pinot, several appetizers and dessert. The food, as mentioned in past review, is really outstanding. However, this time we had-a-go with dessert which was also exceptional. Of additional note, the service at Twelve is really outstanding as we ran about 30 minutes late and Twelve still honored the reservation -- which is above and beyond for a busy restaurant on a Saturday night. You should try Twelve tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasion.peppermintDined on 3/26/2014We loved the relaxed setting for such an elegant meal. The appetizers and entrees were excellent (we had the monk fish and lamb). The meal presentation was so artistic, we had to take photos. The restaurant was very clean and well organized and the service was great!Special Features:
- Unimpressed. The food hadkennethDined on 3/20/2014Unimpressed. The food had very nice presentation, but the preparation was poor. The food was served lukewarm. The concept apears to be trying to use poor cuts of meat to make high end food via nice presentation.Special Features:
- We celebrated our 20th anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014We celebrated our 20th anniversary here and we are vegans. The chef accommodated our diet by preparing us a special 3 course vegan meal that was so artfully and tastefully prepared....wonderful. Our waiter, JT, was the best and helped make it a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic experience, fromTristanTVIPDined on 3/12/2014A fantastic experience, from start to finish. I brought my girlfriend down for weeknight dinner, not expecting to have our minds blown and faces melted quite so thoroughly. I'm a wine lover, and the list doesn't dissappoint, from esoteric offerings sourced from little seen areas in Europe to culty California big boys, they have clearly put in a lot of work in polishing up the list. Our server, Tristan, was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. The food was exquisite. The lady had the green salad, and I had the cauliflower soup; both were outstanding. While the soup was great, props go to the green salad which is one of the best green salads I've ever had. Our entrees did not disappoint, either. Entrees were great too! Out of characters :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNancyDined on 3/8/2014We had four different dinners and all of them were outstanding. I love the fact that they change their menu every month. Would definitely go back. I had the Lamb and it melted in your mouth. The soup was wonderful and I even tried the pork belly, never thinking to go there and it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible ExperienceMountainTimDined on 2/27/2014Can't say enough good things about Twelve. The ambiance was amazing, the food spectacular, and the service divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.