Twelve & Highland
304 12th Street
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Twelve & Highland
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.12andhighland.com/
- Phone: 3105451881
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Brunch: Sat & Sun 9:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner - Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Nightlife: 11:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mauricio De La Vega
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Food and Beverage Catering. Let us bring the party to you.
- Private Party Facilities: A fully customizable venue with an extensive history hosting wedding showers, receptions, birthdays, fashion shows, launch parties, red carpet, corporate & charity events. The only truly private room seating 50 in the area. Full A-V capability & 13 HDTVs for sports. Two blocks to the beach.
- Private Party Contact: Frank Klutka 3107412244
- Entertainment: DJs and Dancing every Thursday-Saturday night. Live Music every Friday evening. Check out world class performers like the Ray Johnston Band, Wooster, EC Twins, DJ Vice every week.
- Special Events: We host parties for celebrities, athletes and locals alike. Let us host yours. Join us for our Rose Bowl Rally, BCS Bash and Super Bowl Party amongst other events.
A word from Twelve & Highland
Join the locals at the downtown Manhattan Beach hotspot Twelve + Highland. This chic supper club meets sports lounge is where the in crowd communes nightly for the gastro fare and lively ambiance. Enjoy dinner each evening from 4pm-10pm, and brunch from 9am-4pm on the weekend. Steps from the sand in the heart of downtown this high energy nightspot turns velvet rope after dinner. Enjoy a more intimate cocktail under the stars from the largest beautifully decorated open air patio in town. If dancing is what you are looking for you've come to the right place. This ultra lounge features the latest in dance and house beats, with a sexy and inviting dance floor. This former early century beach house turned sports lounge proves the best local venue for sports watching. Size does matter…with 14 of the largest Hd Plasmas screen TVs in Manhattan Beach, including a 102 inch screen to enhance your experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Twelve & Highland reviews from OpenTable diners
- My wife and son went thereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/13/2012My wife and son went there on a whim after spending some time at the beach on a Saturday afternoon. We arrive at 630pm and were the only ones in the restaurant. While I recognize this is more of a quasi-bar restaurant, I was disappointed in the overall experience. First, our waitress was distracted and inattentive...clearly not from the other customers in the restaurant. She spent more time checking her iphone than attending to us. Second, as the only customers in the restaurant, it took nearly 45 minutes for our dinner to arrive. The food was decent and I certainly wasn't expecting fast food by any means, nor was I in a rush. Nonetheless, the wait time was long given we ordered a fairly simple meal.
- The food was good but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2012The food was good but service was very spotty and it was difficult to get the attention of servers. But it was fun!Special Features:
- So I made reservations forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2012So I made reservations for 7 pm on a Saturday night, knowing that since it was a weekend night that the place would probably be packed. I had never been there before but I looked at their website and saw plenty of tables for dinner and the food got okay reviews on Yelp. When I arrived at the bar it was standing room only because there was a massive group at place taking over everything! They had one of those fundraiser events with wristbands and there were just sooo many people there. The hostess station said "if there's nobody here, seat yourself." Needless to say I never got my table (because they didn't hold one for me). It was a very fun atmosphere, I just wouldn't have picked this place for dinner if I had known about the group event.Special Features:
- Great brunch set up. QuietOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/3/2012Great brunch set up. Quiet and relaxed like a lounge and the bartender was greatSpecial Features:
- Friday Night LightsmajelaneDined on 5/4/2012Great spot in Manhattan Beach. Booked a late dinner and enjoyed the night life the city had to offer. Small spot, can get a little crowded but get there early and book a table - no problem. Really enjoyed the food and the place, looking fotward to coming back.Special Features:
- We were disappointed thatDeanieVIPDined on 3/31/2012We were disappointed that we purchased for $10 to receive 30% off our bill, and that $10 isn't applied to the bill, wasn't worth it. We were also disappointed that we went there for dinner at 8:00 on a Saturday night and were sat at a bar top table, next to loud speakers with the basketball games blaring so loud we couldn't even talk to each other. I understand that this is a sports bar now, not a restaurant, but it wasn't pleasant for dining. You don't have to have it so loud you can't talk. Screeching sneakers on the basketball court is what we heard loud and clear. However, they did have a Raggae guy play at 9:00 and he was very enjoyble. We won't be going back.
- Had a big group for brunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/24/2012Had a big group for brunch, had a blast. Impeccable service, great tasting food!Special Features:
- dinner & dancing!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/3/2012Went along for dinner and dancing. Pleased to find a live band playing over dinner. Surprised to find that the food was very good as it is more of a "night" spot. Shcoked to be given free table service (Vodka and mixers) for buying 4 entrees! (This is their Saturday Special). DJ plays until late - got very crowded but great night!Special Features:
- More of a bar scene than aRobinVIPDined on 12/12/2011More of a bar scene than a hip dining experience, which is what I was looking for. The speaker was right above our head, they turned the music down twice but I still left with a headache. The food and the service was good and I would come back with a whole other expectation.Special Features:
- We were seated at 9:30 perOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/13/2011We were seated at 9:30 per our reservation. The waitress told us we had 90 minutes before the tables would be removed and the place would turn into a night club. Before 60 minutes even passed they were already removing our tables. It was rude and they were unapologetic. They should not offer 9:30 reservations.
- Loud TV's and no real tables.CourtneyVIPDined on 4/24/2011Loud TV's and no real tables. Had to sit at a high top table in the bar for brunch! The waiter kept bringing us Mimosa's with out asking and then charged us for every single one.
- We almost walked out whenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/2/2011We almost walked out when we first walked in but since we had a reservation we decided to try it. The reason being, the place was covered wall to wall in giant plasma screens with sports playing non-stop. Looks like every corner of the place is TV-ville ~ I understand in a bar area maybe but in the dining area as well??? It's so obnoxious & between listening & visually being accosted by the TV images, in between the sports, they play awful music loud so you can hardly even think. I am obviously not a sports fan & I don't watch TV even at home so this was a very very distasteful experience visually. The food was surprisingly good though & the drinks were very good as was the service. I would not go back though due to the ambiance.
- Known more as a bar sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/5/2011Known more as a bar scene post 9 PM but we had a very good 7 PM dinner. At about 9 PM is starts to transform into a pretty cool night spot.Special Features:
- Horrible food, great bar!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/3/2011Horrible food, great bar! Eat elsewhere then find your way here to enjoy the bar scene.Special Features:
- Love this place! It's veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/26/2011Love this place! It's very cozy with great food and a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- went for a late dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/25/2011went for a late dinner and stayed for a night cap. interesting crowd. everybody looked like they just came off jersey shore, not from manhattan beach. but the food was really good and i would like to try out brunch.Special Features:
- This was my third visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011This was my third visit to Twelve and Highland over the past month and first time using Open Table to book them- great little restaurant with a wonderful, romantic ambiance and amazing food. I just love it and can't wait to return in the next week or so.Special Features:
- I had heard great things aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2011I had heard great things about 12 & Highland. I booked Valentine's Day Dinner here. Restaurant is cute, however they seemed to really drop the ball. The food was cooked poorly (Some over cooked some under cooked, nothing cooked right)and was very bland. They also seem to run out of a lot of standard items like knives and to-go bags. They seemed very unprepared.
- Food is alright. The hostOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/12/2011Food is alright. The host had the worst attitude the last time we were at this restaurant. Though we had a reservation we were asked to leave as it was someones' birthday, though they took our reservation anyway. The food isn't good enough for the terrible service, there are many good options in Manhattan Beach! I will NOT be back. A complete Joke of a restaurant.Special Features:
- Good for weekend brunch andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/23/2011Good for weekend brunch and sports. It's usually a weekend, late-night hotspot, so going on there when the sun is up is counter-intuitive but less crowded than other sports bars and is accommodating.Special Features:
- Over priced drinks! Only hadDurantsGemDined on 11/13/2010Over priced drinks! Only had 5 in party and they Auto-Gratuity'ed us at full 20%!! Weird!!Special Features:
- I Love this place food andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/30/2010I Love this place food and service was great. Our waiter Patrick was the best! Its great for every thing and Kudos to the chief we practically had everything on the menu. I will definitely be back with some friends. Great place to watch games but also great for live band nights. I cant wait to get back there!Special Features:
- We went out on Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/29/2010We went out on Friday night and there was a free picture taking booth along with a free party bus parked right outside! the food was good (I had the filet) and the music was great! We were dressed up in costumes for halloween and was able to stay for the dancing afterwards. plenty of parking since it is right next to the structure. free parking after 9 pm for the meters in the structure.Special Features:
- Food and the Atmosphere wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/29/2010Food and the Atmosphere was outstanding. Nice location and really seamed to be a happening place. The food did take a little too long to come out and we had to ask for water as we didn't get any until mid-way through our meal. We'd definitely go back and hope the minor service issue was just a blip on the radar.Special Features:
- Menu was simple however selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/8/2010Menu was simple however selection was very good. Food was excellent. Service execellent. Great neighborhood bar/restaurant. Very nice outdoor seating area. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- The server / waitress wasKumaVIPDined on 5/14/2010The server / waitress was EXCELLENT 5 Stars. She was very attentive / and wished us a Happy 22 Year Wedding Anniversary. The food was another story. It tasted like it had just come out of the freezer and was microwaved before hitting the table. Our appetizers were cold and had to be sent back to the kitchen to be re-microwaved. Also the pasta tasted like it had a bottle of tabasco sauce thrown in to spice it up... the rice on my wife's plate was not much better. To top it off, we received a call from the restaurant owner around 11:30 PM waking us up, rudely asking us to pay the bill, and scolding us for skipping out without paying. We explained that we paid with a $100.00 bill and left a generous tip. An apology followed by ownerSpecial Features:
- Appears to be more of a sportskenshelVIPDined on 5/13/2010Appears to be more of a sports bar and young peoples hang out than anything else.
- I recommend this place forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/23/2010I recommend this place for friday and saturday early night. Drinks are good and the food is pretty average but the ambiance is fun up till midnight. It gets way too crowded in a such a little space. We left right after midnight.Special Features:
- DO NOT GO HERE! The cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/9/2010DO NOT GO HERE! The cocktails were terrible, the service terrible and we left before dinner because the place was a mortuary!
- On arrival, our 'reserved'LarryVIPDined on 2/20/2010On arrival, our 'reserved' table was a high top near the bar and near the front door. They claimed to have large parties for their dining room. We left without eating and found another restaurant. It appears to be a loud club for most of the evening. It was not well-described on OpenTable.
- The food was good but nextOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/31/2010The food was good but next time, I'm ordering what my friend had - eggs benedict. Apparently, this is a favorite of anyone who goes there and my friend is now added to that list. She said it's the best she's ever had anywhere. I was disappointed that nobody else was there eating. We got there about 11:30am, a perfect time for brunch, but nobody else came in for quite a while and only to sit at the bar and drink. I did not realize when making the reservation that it's apparently not known for it's restaurant but for it's nightlife. However, it should do more restaurant business as the food is very good. Our waitress was great.Special Features:
- This establishment shouldOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/30/2010This establishment should be listed as a night club, not a restaurant. Even though the music was very loud and there was only one other table eating when we were there (7:30-9:30pm) on a Saturday night, we decided to stay and try it. Come to find out at 9pm the place gets mobbed, the music gets even louder and it's a full blown night club scene with tons of twenty-somethings. Initially the service was good, but I needed salt for my food, there wasn't a waiter in sight, and we had to seek someone out to get the check! There are too many other good restaurants to ever come back here. I would only recommend this place as a drinking/clubbing type experience.Special Features:
- We entered and found the placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/30/2010We entered and found the place entirely empty, except for our very gracious and attentive hostess/server, Janelle. Guess I didn't need to make a reservation after all. The web site somehow manages to omit the fact that the place is wall-to-wall large screen TVs which were blaring football, football, and more football. Ugh!! According to Janelle, the sports coverage is part of the Saturday brunch. I wish the web site had mentioned that. I asked if she could turn down the volume, which she did thankfully. Still, it didn't do much to improve the ambiance in the dining room. Parking was very easy - despite the restaurant's central location - because there's a large metered parking garage adjacent to 12 + Highland.Special Features:
- I made a reservation for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2009I made a reservation for dinner on Sunday evening, but found out dinner was not served on Sundays. I left, since I wasn't feeling like a lively sports bar scene. My ratings are not accurate (except for noise), but I had to put something to submit the review.Special Features:
- This is a very safe bet whenDeliciousDined on 8/11/2009This is a very safe bet when you want something special, with fabulous food. Took our daughter there for her 20th B-day and it was exactly PERFECT. Food was delicious. There were four of us and all of our plates were completely empty when we were done. EXCELLENT FOOD. Absolutely fabulous decor & ambiance. Service was impeccable. This one has gone down on our list of favorite places to go.Special Features:
- food was great.. enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2009food was great.. enjoyed the music, dancing...the only problem the place is to small...it was over-crowdedSpecial Features:
- I was allowed to reserve aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2009I was allowed to reserve a table for a time when the restaurant was closed....not a good first impression.
- Their page and menus misrepresentConstructiveCriticismVIPDined on 6/20/2009Their page and menus misrepresent the place terribly. It is basically a sports bar with big screen TVs everywhere, something that is never mentioned. The online menu is quite different than the real one.
- There were only a handfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2009There were only a handful of tables seated. The service was horribly slow. We had to ask twice for everything (drinks, water, a steak knife, etc.) and to check on the status of each course. Really bummed - not a good experience at all.
- I live in the South Bay andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/9/2009I live in the South Bay and was excited to hear, through the LA Magazine, that there was a graet loacal spot in Twelve and Highland. Well, that's about where it ends. On Monday evening I took a few clients here and I regeret to report that our dining experience was poor, to say the least. From about 7 to 8:30 we were the only table in the DR yet we recieved horrible service. The waiter never poured our wine, didn't explain the menu and forgot to fill our water glasses. For appetizers we ordered the sweet potato chips which arrived at the table burnt and the calamari that was served with frozen pees and corn as a base sauce. A few in our party ordered the tuna (at $18) yet were never told it is served on ONE skewer with nothing else...Special Features: