377 Walden St
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://twfoodrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6178644745x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Closed Mondays
July 4th - July 7th Closed for the holiday!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Tim Wiechmann
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Jazz Brunch served every Sunday 10 am - 2 pm
A word from T.W. Food
We produce creative New American cuisine, enjoying the best ingredients in their ever changing seasonality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
T.W. Food - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
T.W. Food reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (108)special occasion (95)neighborhood gem (92)romantic (72)notable wine list (45)great for brunch (20)good for groups (6)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Nice Dine-Out Week SurprisektamfunDined on 8/27/2014Three of us made a last minute decision to try out this restaurant according to the previous reviews. Everything we had from the free bread and butter to the end of the 3-course prixe-fixe was delicious with excellent quality to me. I particularly like the wild rice miexed with crispty bacon bits and eggplant. It's tasty with interesting texture. Together, we've tried these dishes - Cream Burlee Foi Gras, Chilled tomatoe and cantaloupe soup, Bluefish, Pork Loin, Bavette steak. For dessert, we had Bundino and berries with sweet cream. Bundino does not disappoint with sea salt chocolate custard. Our waitress was very attentative and friendly. Yes! I will definitely go back to try different offerings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sparkling jewelOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2014We went to T. W. Food for the first time during Restaurant Week. Based on other reveiws we expected our food to be exquisite (it was) but we didn't realize how wonderful the ambiance and service would be as well. This has instantly become our new favorite special occasion place.Special Features:
- Always fantasticAwangDined on 8/22/2014This is our go to place for special occasions. The food is always inventive and every course memorable. Their soups are amazing! I love their tasting menus because you get to sample more dishes that way. It also has a fantastic atmosphere that is both relaxed and romantic. This place is a total gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abruzzoDined on 8/22/2014I ate here for restaurant week and this place is definitely a great find. It is small inside and the tables are sort of close together. The food was outstanding and seemed like artwork. Everything was done with care and precision. I had the corn souffle as a starter which was velvety and smooth. I had the pork loin as the main dish and I my only criticism was that it could have been more tender. I ended with the panna cotta for dessert. Definitely recommend this place to foodies!Special Features:
- Great food, perfect portions!PediRNDined on 8/22/2014Loved this small little restaurant off the beaten path in Cambridge. Quiet neighborhood and great ambience inside. Easy parking. Dinner was delicious and the wine selections with dinner were perfect. Everyone left satisfied and full! Great choice for restaurant week!Special Features:
- Very Good...but not AmazingBUFBOS2009Dined on 8/21/2014Granted, we did the dine out Boston menu - so maybe that was the reasoning of the somewhat lackluster menu. The items were prepared well but seemed lacking in overall creativity. I would recommend for a fun, unique experience. Excellent wine list - that may have been our favorite part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patwDined on 8/21/2014I would eat here every night of my life (if I could afford it!)!!!Special Features:
- Very happy, will return!MariangelaDined on 8/20/2014We each had mussels for appetizer, budino for dessert, plus bluefish and beef for mains. Mussels were wonderful! That hit the spot. Bluefish was just right and so was the beef, prepared with precision -- steak lovers take note! The budino we had for dessert made with Valrhona chocolate -- OH MY! This is not to be missed, creamy and heavenly, the best chocolate dessert I've had. We each had French and Italian wines, perfect suggestions for our meals, French Press brewed coffee and loose tea specially blended for me and brewed. Everything was wonderful as was the service, which was professional, friendly and accommodating. Almost everything on the menu was gluten-free, btw.Special Features:
- Check this place outNancyVIPDined on 8/16/2014We chose the 3 course pre fixe menu and each course we had was perfectly prepared. They also provided lovely touches like an amouse bouche of spinach mousse with pickled radish, a hearty sour dough bread, and finished the meal with a delicate almond financier. I started with the mussels and chorizo. The broth was so good, I picked out the mussels from their shells and ate it like soup. The broth had tremendous depth of flavor. For my main I picked the pork loin which was juicy and paired well with the 5 grain salad. My only complaint was the spinach reduction on the plate reminder me of baby food. For dessert, I selected the stone fruit paired with cornmeal cake. I basically licked the plate clean after each course. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014The food at TW was good, and the service is excellent - very pleasant staff that accommodated a number of our needs (table for group, specially printed menus). Highly recommend.Special Features:
- PerfectChristianjamesVIPDined on 8/15/2014Do the six course, end of story. Service is fantastic. If you're not sure what to order, just ask!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!goldorakDined on 8/15/2014We took the whole 5 service meal and frankly the're were no weak spot. This is rare in this kind of situation. The wine pairing was very intelligent and matched everything that was served. Quite an expericience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointinghillwillDined on 8/13/2014This is a fine restaurant, conservative, (perhaps the starched white table cloths and napkins), elegant even, excellent servers and good food. The food while striving to be interesting, was not great and the prix fixe, for which we were unprepared, was high. It was an expensive and not very exciting dinner.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/12/2014very intimate venue, easy to carry on a conversation. very helpful staff. simple yet imaginative dishes, even for vegetarians. Our favorite restaurant in the Boston area.Special Features:
- really goodbostonartsDined on 8/9/2014We go to TWFoods about 3-4 times a year, mainly for special occasions, and have referred many people there. If someone's debating between Craigie and Ten Tables, I've always told them to try TWF first. This time was good, but not as amazing as it has been in the past. We didn't see Tim in the kitchen, and I'm wondering if they're more focused on their other restaurant for the moment. The beef was great. The pork was a little underseasoned and a tiny, tiny bit overcooked. It was good, but it felt on-par with Harvest, whereas in the past it's been simply astounding. Service was great, we had a lovely meal, but the food didn't have the "oh my gosh bliss" feeling that I've come to expect from TWF.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent!JennVDined on 8/3/2014This is our go-to restaurant for a special night out. The food is typically creative and perfectly prepared. The drinks and wine list are impressive, and the staff is prepared to make wine pairing recommendations. The service is attentive and very professional. They always make us feel very special. It is a tiny place though, so you'll need reservations. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional food and servicepickycustomerDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant has impressively good food and fine service. It is tiny and out of the way, but well worth seeking out. It was also quiet enough that it was easy to converse, which we greatly appreciate.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We brought my 92 year old mother-in-law here with myself, my husband, my daughter and her husband, and everyone loved each course they received. That is 100% of the people loved what they got! Bravo!Special Features:
- Another lovely dinner at TW FoodCaremeDined on 7/22/2014We have enjoyed the Tuesday night wine pairing dinners at this restaurant several times and have had a great experience every time. Good food, great wine selection and efficient and friendly service. Very high standards for such a small restaurant! The little touches, such as an amuse bouche to start, the great bread, the apres dessert are all lovely. Wish there were more places like this around.Special Features:
- What a treat!MLaurieVIPDined on 7/20/2014Fabulous food! Fabulous service! Everything about this restaurant works! I am going to start coming back regularly. It is a special place.Special Features:
- fabulous gem in western CambridgeHecateDined on 7/15/2014This was one of the nicest dinners we have had in ages. Entire experience was terrific. We had a 4 course Piedmont menu. Wine was awesome. We will be back soon!!Special Features:
- Delicious food. Welcoming venue.CCYogaDined on 7/13/2014TW Food strikes the perfect balance between sophisticated elegance and informal coziness. Every bite of our three course dinner was bursting with freshness, flavor, and creativity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014One of the best restaurants in Cambridge, by a wide margin! Excellent food and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a shotFletchDined on 7/12/2014I've been wanting to check out TW for a few years now. Finally made it last Saturday night and was excited as I knew the seasonal menu would be in full swing. I went with the three course menu with wine pairing. Ordered the summer veggie johnnycake app (meh, but that was a misorder on behalf) and the squid ink pasta main course. I had high hopes and this dish didn't hold a flame to a similar dish at Coppa. The dessert was the best part and I'm not even a dessert person. I had some chocolate dish with olive oil and sea salt. The strawberry shortcake was bad. The service was fantastic and very knowledgeable about the wine list. The bill was about what I thought it would be for two people (200.00) but the food just wasn't where it needed to beSpecial Features:
- One of Boston's bestpickyDined on 7/8/2014We went for the Tuesday Wine Series. What can we say? I love the cucumber soup: very delicate, very subtle with a strong tasting mussels to contrast it. One of the entree was the confit de canard. Confit de Canard is originally from the Southwest of France. This confit is reminiscent of German charcuterie. It was almost purged of the excess fat that ducks come with. We do note that the haricots that accompanied the duck were slightly unimaginative. The cheese was a brebis rousse d'argental; it went well with its bread. A nice change from French-like breads. Dessert fabulous as always.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2014Outstanding menu with unusual combinations of ingredients but not overdone. Expensive but worth it if you know in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!xeladivaDined on 7/1/2014T.W. Food is always a joy -- the food is spectacular, the service is fantastic, and it's such a lovely, intimate space!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ - particularly on Tuesday!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/1/2014I highly recommend the Tuesday night wine series at T.W. Food. Excellent food and wine and a great value for a high-end meal. I'm sure the rest of the menu is great as well. Ingredients were fresh and well prepared and portions were more generous than you'd expect in a multi-course prix-fixe situation. The service was attentive, professional, and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food lovers dreamButtersDined on 6/26/2014This place has the best tasting menu for a great price. It's a wonderful casual atmosphere, with food that is among the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TuesdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/24/2014Go for the Tuesday Wine series. Pre-fixe menu including wine pairings. deeeelish.Special Features:
- A nice surprise.BeforeShowsDined on 6/21/2014We'd heard about TW Food, but not yet been. Cousins from out of town joined us; they are much more "foodies" than we are. And they were favorably impressed.Special Features:
- Exceptional, as alwaysTWFoodFangirlDined on 6/17/2014We tremendously enjoy dinner at TW Food - we went on Tuesday for their Wine Series - Washington State, which featured some delicious interesting wines. Everything was paired perfectly - even things where we were skeptical on reading the menu blew us away. The pork shoulder entree was the star of the evening - the cornbread and greens that went with it were amazing on their own, but everything together was really top-notch. I really can't say enough great things about TW Food - if we lived in West Cambridge, I think we'd eat there every day!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2014Great neighbourhood restaurant! I would highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but overpricedmaxim0512Dined on 6/15/2014On our first visit, my wife and I decided to try the tasting menu. She had the vegetarian version, while I had the version that included meat. Overall, we both found the food delicious and refined, though we agreed that the vegetarian menu seemed less creative and ultimately less satisfying. We also felt that the tasting menu was too expensive for what was delivered. We have been more impressed by the value at other Cambridge restaurants that offer similar menus (e.g., Craigie on Main and, recently, Oleana). We may return, as the service was great and the food was tasty, but we'll likely order from the prix fixe menu rather than the tasting menu.
- Hidden gemSunnyBDined on 6/14/2014Tucked in an out of the way neighborhood a mile from Harvard Square, TW Food seems like a hidden gem. The six course tasting menu was outstanding. Standouts: cream of arugula soup with smoked rabbit and escargot; scallop ceviche. And our favorite, Lambrusco, on the wine list. Great place to celebrate a big birthday.Special Features:
- TwDNortoDined on 6/7/2014Amazingly creative and well executed food. A treat to have in Boston, such worldly foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSoEnderVIPDined on 6/6/2014This is a very lovely restaurant. Splurge on the foie gras creme brulee and take it light for the rest of the meal. Superb!
- wonderful with vegetablesHoboDined on 6/3/2014Did the Tuesday wine series for rose. Food overall was very good. Portions were on the small side, but this is to be expected as it is a 4 course deal if you will. Best course by far was the eggplant. Beautiful prep and the heartiest dish. Far more satisfying than my dining companion's white bass. Weakest point was dessert, but I may be biased as I'm not really a dessert lover. I would also say that this was the largest portioned course, which again, isn't surprising since desserts are the least costly items to serve. As for the wines, they were pleasant and well paired with the food. The final off-dry rose was almost sherry like and the most interesting.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantLightgreenDined on 6/1/2014TW foods never fails to deliver on thoughtful, delicious food and outstanding service. The menu is small, but rotates regularly and always presents creative twists without being too esoteric. Everything about this place is just rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/1/2014We love TW Food. It is our new favorite restaurant in all of Boston! The food is always delicious, thoughtful and artful, and the service is exceptional. Plan to come for many years!Special Features: