377 Walden St
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://twfoodrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6178644745x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Closed Mondays
July 4th - July 7th Closed for the holiday!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Tim Wiechmann
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Jazz Brunch served every Sunday 10 am - 2 pm
A word from T.W. Food
We produce creative New American cuisine, enjoying the best ingredients in their ever changing seasonality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
T.W. Food - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
T.W. Food reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (110)neighborhood gem (94)special occasion (93)romantic (74)notable wine list (47)great for brunch (20)good for groups (8)scenic view (3)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Outstanding ExperienceEatDessertFirstDined on 9/26/2014I had an outstanding meal at T.W. Food. Everything from the amuse-bouche through to the dessert was absolutely delicious, innovative, and the perfect portion as well. Foie-gras crème brûlée! The service was good, but not the most attentive. In all, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone without hesitation.Special Features:
- T.W. Food receives an A+AmyJDined on 9/23/2014Charming restaurant with delicious, fresh, inspiring dishes perfectly matched with paired wines. This was my first visit to T.W. Food and I was impressed from start to finish. The decor, portion sizes, beautifully arranged plates and professional yet unpretentious wait staff all make for an enjoyable experience. Perfect place for a romantic dinner or small gathering. Enjoyed the entire experience and will definitely be back again for another fabulous meal and their amazing homemade bread that has the perfect crunchy crust with a chewy center!Special Features:
- Such a great find!playneDined on 9/21/2014Thank you to Aaron and all the TW staff for making our night so memorable and delicious! It was a lovely evening spent with great friends~thank you for making their birthdays special~and the food was just so special. seasonal, fresh, petite plates and so flavorful! thank you again, we'll be back!Special Features:
- Best kept secret!chefclfDined on 9/21/2014Eating at TW Food is a pleasure because the owners and chefs actually care and understand about the food they serve, a rarity it seems nowadays. Ingredients and flavors are perfectly balanced, dishes are beautifully presented - artistic but not contrived. Thankfully the menu choices are small (a delightful contrast to most places where the menu gives me mental indigestion before I have even eaten) but varied so accommodating to broad tastes. Every dish appealed to me. What a pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacular secretOut2EatDined on 9/20/2014TW Food is easy to miss, tucked inconspicuously in North Cambridge, and I've never seen it advertised. Find it. The food is spectacular, the atmosphere intimate and the servers congenial. We chose the Tasting Menu, two of us vegetarian and two not. While the meat eaters raved about their smoked scallop, I delighted in carrots with hay roasted husk cherries, creamy black pepper vinaigrette and pickled ramps. The broccoli soup was velvety smooth, just the right warmth, decorated with buttery brioche croutons, raw mushroom slivers, and nasturtiums. Every dish was amazing in its subtlety, complexity, and beauty on the plate.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysmaish1Dined on 9/19/2014T.W. Food is a wonderful restaurant. I've been there many times. The food is as good as any I've ever eaten. (I particularly recommend the foie gras creme brulee.) Their selection of beers is good but limited. (I didn't order wine with dinner, so I can't talk about the wine list, but my wife liked the Chardonnay she ordered.) Their dessert wines are very good; I haven't seen Tokaji on a menu before, and I really like it. As for the service, we had two servers at various times. One was fine, answering questions well and solicitous that we were enjoying ourselves. The other was maybe too present; I felt she was hovering over us when we didn't need help. Still, that's a minor quibble with a restaurant my wife and I have long enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ragdollDined on 9/16/2014We had the wine tasting menu and it was beyond wonderful. I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Good but not greatjed63Dined on 9/14/2014Heard great things about the restaurant but was a little disappointed. Atmosphere very nice, menu looked great, but food was just average. Biggest problem, which is common in less hyped restaurants, too much salt. I always find that salt is a weak chef's way to make the food have taste. Keep working on it - great potential.Special Features:
- ChatDined on 9/14/2014Phenomenal experience. No issues at all. Food was excellent. Very romantic setting. Best brunch I've had in BostonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchBirdsallDined on 9/14/2014Poached eggs on Duck Hash and a Crouque Madame with a sweat touch of Strawberry made for a delicious Prix Fix Brunch. If you are interested in a more intimate brunch than the busier Sunday spots like Hennriettas and Gaslight, see if you can make a reservation for one of the hand full of tables at TW Food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food mediacre serviceBiotech150Dined on 9/13/2014The food was great as usual, however the service can use some improvements. The wine glasses did not get refilled, took quite some time to clear away the plates after the entres, etc. Overall, for this price tag a much better service would have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely location and cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014I took my fiance here for a surprise birthday dinner and we had a fantastic time. We ordered the tasting menu and we enjoyed each of our courses. The waitstaff is very attentive and super helpful in making decisions about wine pairings. Wonderful place!Special Features:
- Tomato in excelsisjr2204VIPDined on 9/10/2014T. W. Food's special dinners are often a highlight; the recent "Celebration of the Tomato" was most definitely one -- constantly surprising and imaginative, with a high percentage of outright knockouts. Wine pairings, too, exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!DougDined on 9/5/2014We are from Baltimore, had heard about this place from my wine group, a very discerning lot with food as well as wine. It is an exceptional restaurant in every way. Aaron, our waiter, went above and beyond with us. If you are fortunate and lucky, have dinner there!Special Features:
- Great food!LV1981Dined on 9/3/2014My boyfriend and I went to T.W. Food for the first time to celebrate his birthday and we had a great time. We were warmly welcomed at the door and allowed to choose our table. During the course of the meal, the staff was attentive and friendly. We never felt rushed to get through our meal, which allowed us to enjoy the tasting menu and our time together. They were accommodating and allowed us to substitute the soup on the testing menu for the gazpacho from the prix fixe menu. The food was fantastic and we left with bulging bellies! Would highly recommend this T.W. Food! We will be back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014The food was fabulous. Small portions, but that's how we should be eating. So tasty! We will certainly eat at T.W. Food again!Special Features:
- mellenVIPDined on 8/29/2014We went during restaurant week and the prix fixe was delicious! They did not skimp at all with either the quality of the food or the choices on offer or the wine pairings. The dark chocolate budino dessert was to die for.Special Features:
- First time visitingThecakeninjaDined on 8/29/2014My roommates and I went for restaurant week and had a great time. The mussels in a chorizo apple cider sauce was the most delicious mussel dish I've ever had; very inventive and complex. This really set the tone for the rest of the dinner. Everyone enjoyed their food very much and the service was excellent. We loved all of the wines that they paired with the dishes too. If there was anything to complain about it would be the cherry brownie sundae. The brownie was kind of dense and dry, the ice cream didn't taste like cherry at all. My roommate commented "I would rather have had a huge glass of this brown sugar whipped cream." But really in the grand scheme of things, this was a wonderful meal and we plan to go back again.Special Features:
- Nice Dine-Out Week SurprisektamfunDined on 8/27/2014Three of us made a last minute decision to try out this restaurant according to the previous reviews. Everything we had from the free bread and butter to the end of the 3-course prixe-fixe was delicious with excellent quality to me. I particularly like the wild rice miexed with crispty bacon bits and eggplant. It's tasty with interesting texture. Together, we've tried these dishes - Cream Burlee Foi Gras, Chilled tomatoe and cantaloupe soup, Bluefish, Pork Loin, Bavette steak. For dessert, we had Bundino and berries with sweet cream. Bundino does not disappoint with sea salt chocolate custard. Our waitress was very attentative and friendly. Yes! I will definitely go back to try different offerings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sparkling jewelNancyCDined on 8/26/2014We went to T. W. Food for the first time during Restaurant Week. Based on other reveiws we expected our food to be exquisite (it was) but we didn't realize how wonderful the ambiance and service would be as well. This has instantly become our new favorite special occasion place.Special Features:
- Always fantasticAwangDined on 8/22/2014This is our go to place for special occasions. The food is always inventive and every course memorable. Their soups are amazing! I love their tasting menus because you get to sample more dishes that way. It also has a fantastic atmosphere that is both relaxed and romantic. This place is a total gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abruzzoDined on 8/22/2014I ate here for restaurant week and this place is definitely a great find. It is small inside and the tables are sort of close together. The food was outstanding and seemed like artwork. Everything was done with care and precision. I had the corn souffle as a starter which was velvety and smooth. I had the pork loin as the main dish and I my only criticism was that it could have been more tender. I ended with the panna cotta for dessert. Definitely recommend this place to foodies!Special Features:
- Great food, perfect portions!PediRNDined on 8/22/2014Loved this small little restaurant off the beaten path in Cambridge. Quiet neighborhood and great ambience inside. Easy parking. Dinner was delicious and the wine selections with dinner were perfect. Everyone left satisfied and full! Great choice for restaurant week!Special Features:
- Very Good...but not AmazingBUFBOS2009Dined on 8/21/2014Granted, we did the dine out Boston menu - so maybe that was the reasoning of the somewhat lackluster menu. The items were prepared well but seemed lacking in overall creativity. I would recommend for a fun, unique experience. Excellent wine list - that may have been our favorite part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patwDined on 8/21/2014I would eat here every night of my life (if I could afford it!)!!!Special Features:
- Very happy, will return!MariangelaDined on 8/20/2014We each had mussels for appetizer, budino for dessert, plus bluefish and beef for mains. Mussels were wonderful! That hit the spot. Bluefish was just right and so was the beef, prepared with precision -- steak lovers take note! The budino we had for dessert made with Valrhona chocolate -- OH MY! This is not to be missed, creamy and heavenly, the best chocolate dessert I've had. We each had French and Italian wines, perfect suggestions for our meals, French Press brewed coffee and loose tea specially blended for me and brewed. Everything was wonderful as was the service, which was professional, friendly and accommodating. Almost everything on the menu was gluten-free, btw.Special Features:
- Check this place outNancyVIPDined on 8/16/2014We chose the 3 course pre fixe menu and each course we had was perfectly prepared. They also provided lovely touches like an amouse bouche of spinach mousse with pickled radish, a hearty sour dough bread, and finished the meal with a delicate almond financier. I started with the mussels and chorizo. The broth was so good, I picked out the mussels from their shells and ate it like soup. The broth had tremendous depth of flavor. For my main I picked the pork loin which was juicy and paired well with the 5 grain salad. My only complaint was the spinach reduction on the plate reminder me of baby food. For dessert, I selected the stone fruit paired with cornmeal cake. I basically licked the plate clean after each course. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014The food at TW was good, and the service is excellent - very pleasant staff that accommodated a number of our needs (table for group, specially printed menus). Highly recommend.Special Features:
- PerfectChristianjamesVIPDined on 8/15/2014Do the six course, end of story. Service is fantastic. If you're not sure what to order, just ask!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!goldorakDined on 8/15/2014We took the whole 5 service meal and frankly the're were no weak spot. This is rare in this kind of situation. The wine pairing was very intelligent and matched everything that was served. Quite an expericience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointinghillwillDined on 8/13/2014This is a fine restaurant, conservative, (perhaps the starched white table cloths and napkins), elegant even, excellent servers and good food. The food while striving to be interesting, was not great and the prix fixe, for which we were unprepared, was high. It was an expensive and not very exciting dinner.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/12/2014very intimate venue, easy to carry on a conversation. very helpful staff. simple yet imaginative dishes, even for vegetarians. Our favorite restaurant in the Boston area.Special Features:
- really goodbostonartsDined on 8/9/2014We go to TWFoods about 3-4 times a year, mainly for special occasions, and have referred many people there. If someone's debating between Craigie and Ten Tables, I've always told them to try TWF first. This time was good, but not as amazing as it has been in the past. We didn't see Tim in the kitchen, and I'm wondering if they're more focused on their other restaurant for the moment. The beef was great. The pork was a little underseasoned and a tiny, tiny bit overcooked. It was good, but it felt on-par with Harvest, whereas in the past it's been simply astounding. Service was great, we had a lovely meal, but the food didn't have the "oh my gosh bliss" feeling that I've come to expect from TWF.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent!JennVDined on 8/3/2014This is our go-to restaurant for a special night out. The food is typically creative and perfectly prepared. The drinks and wine list are impressive, and the staff is prepared to make wine pairing recommendations. The service is attentive and very professional. They always make us feel very special. It is a tiny place though, so you'll need reservations. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional food and servicepickycustomerDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant has impressively good food and fine service. It is tiny and out of the way, but well worth seeking out. It was also quiet enough that it was easy to converse, which we greatly appreciate.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We brought my 92 year old mother-in-law here with myself, my husband, my daughter and her husband, and everyone loved each course they received. That is 100% of the people loved what they got! Bravo!Special Features:
- Another lovely dinner at TW FoodCaremeDined on 7/22/2014We have enjoyed the Tuesday night wine pairing dinners at this restaurant several times and have had a great experience every time. Good food, great wine selection and efficient and friendly service. Very high standards for such a small restaurant! The little touches, such as an amuse bouche to start, the great bread, the apres dessert are all lovely. Wish there were more places like this around.Special Features:
- What a treat!MLaurieVIPDined on 7/20/2014Fabulous food! Fabulous service! Everything about this restaurant works! I am going to start coming back regularly. It is a special place.Special Features:
- fabulous gem in western CambridgeHecateDined on 7/15/2014This was one of the nicest dinners we have had in ages. Entire experience was terrific. We had a 4 course Piedmont menu. Wine was awesome. We will be back soon!!Special Features:
- Delicious food. Welcoming venue.CCYogaDined on 7/13/2014TW Food strikes the perfect balance between sophisticated elegance and informal coziness. Every bite of our three course dinner was bursting with freshness, flavor, and creativity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.