415 NE 2nd Ave. Building 9,
Miami, FL 33132Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tuyomiami.com/
- Phone: 305-237-3200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 6pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Victor Santos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available
- Special Events: Tuyo is available for Special events. Please call (305) 237-3200 for more information.
A word from Tuyo
Tuyo is located on the top floor of the Miami Culinary Institute, offering a spectacular view of the bay and the Miami skyline.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Tuyo reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (72)romantic (64)special occasion (58)fit for foodies (39)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (10)good for groups (9)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great as usual.JimmieDined on 8/30/2014Went back to Tuyo, this time with another couple. Everything about this restaurant is great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and atmosphearOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014We were greeted wonderfully from the valet staff, maître d and restaurant staff. Staff was very attentive and accommodating. Food was fantastic (all 3 courses - Miami Spice menu - rock and roll), plates was very well presented and placed perfectly for each guest. Loved the mixture of contrasting palette on each dish. Cant wait to see what's next when the menu change in a week. Our party had a wonderful and memorable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Miami Spice ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014I took my girlfriend here in to celebrate a special occasion. I wanted to take her somewhere that participated in Miami Spice, without skimping on the menu offerings. That is exactly what we found. All of the menu selections were complementary, and creative. We made sure to order different selections for all three courses and we're hard pressed to decide whose was tastier. We did venture off of the Miami Spice menu for cocktails and the octopus appetizer. Well worth the $. Overall the waitstaff were all informed and very attentive. The most memorable part of the dinner was the "Fire and Ice" dessert. The "Chopped-esque" dessert consisted an apple-wasabi sorbet, paired with a white chocolate semifreddo. AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This was my first time going to the Miami Spice event and I am so glad I chose Tuyo as the restaurant . Tuyo has a beautiful view of Downtown Miami,the service was great and most important of all the food was delicious !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnlightingStarlightDined on 8/26/2014Everyone was very pleasant and professional, the food was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBarbVIPDined on 8/23/2014Have read so much about the restaurant that I was looking forward to it; however, it was disappointing. Order a $32. Old Fashion that was not made correctly; had to send it back. Octopus appetizer highly recommended by the server tasted charred. Pork tenderloin was excellent. The Snapper was good not great. The White chocolate dessert was excellent; however the raspberry cheesecake taste was too strong. Went on Miami Spice but prices were extremely high. Will not visit again.Special Features:
- Senior68Dined on 8/23/2014We took advantage of Miami Vice last Saturday and, hands down, Tuyo tops the list in very heavy competition. We have been to ZZum, DB Moderne, and Cipriani among others. Tuyo"s Miami Spice memo was creative, and delicious. An added benefit was a tour we were given of the school. It matches the restaurant in it creativity. MDC should be very proud of thios offering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing hidden gem in Miami DTTessyMiDined on 8/22/2014Tuyo is an amazing culinary experience, its like being in chopped in the Food Network. THe service is amazing, as well as the food. I definitely recommend doing the food pairing with wine.Special Features:
- AmazingRAH5VIPDined on 8/22/2014Miami spice Amazing food, service, ambiance. Loved it!!! I Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Possibly the best Miami restaurant!FlutistDined on 8/22/2014We went to try the Miami Spice, music-themed menu and we enjoyed it thoroughly. At Tuyo, you always can expect creative, fresh, perfectly prepared food and delicious wine pairings. The waitstaff is attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly. The view of downtown Miami, the AA Arena, and part of the bay is breathtaking. Everybody must eat at Tuyo at least once in their lifetime.Special Features:
- great view but even betterCharlie50Dined on 8/16/2014Small restaurant in downtown with a neat view but even better food. Waiters very attentive explaining each dish to each of us. We combined Miami Spice with regular menu items as our party of 4 enjoyed the late dinner. Overall, worthwhile for goodies and romantics.Special Features:
- Great experienceGmanDined on 8/15/2014Went for miami spice and it was amazing. Delicious food and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shankiVIPDined on 8/15/2014great food this time was the best! my second time and everything was so delightful...good food ( off the less good Miami spice menu,in my opinion) ordered off the ala carte menu and was truly masterful creative stuff going on! Great servers...esp. Terra and Eric!Special Features:
- Great Miami spice menuJudyDined on 8/9/2014The Miami spice menu was outstanding . Hard to believe but I preferred the chicken breast over the lobster. The simplicity of the plate was outstanding relying only on pure and delicious flavor. A must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Miami SpiceIlovethecatsDined on 8/9/2014Nice view, great dishes, good service. The restaurant plays the game for The Miami Spice. I will com back for another eventSpecial Features:
- Nice view. Good food.JcgirlVIPDined on 8/9/2014Ambiance was very nice and view was very nice at night as it overlooked the colorful immigration tower. Food was good. Had the Miami Spice menu. The conch salad (my favorite dish that night) was the best appetizer and maybe the 1 lb. lobster beat the cod w/ coconut rice. Island cocktail did not disappoint. Dessert was good, but average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Partially excellent partially awfulKarentheArchitectDined on 8/9/2014Tuyo has always been excellent. Tonight everything on the Miami Spice menu was spicy with no options otherwise. (Bad planning on the chef's part.) The deep fried curried lamb appetizer was tasty and not too heavy on the curry. High praise from someone who detests curry and hates lamb! The slaw with it was strange and I didn't care for the odd taste. The lobster $15 entree upgrade was mediocre and the "slaw" with it awful tasting but the green rice and hush puppies sides were excellent. The brownies for dessert were horribly dry - I've had better from a box at Winn Dixie. But then, the ice cream and cookie with them were excellent. Hubby's exquisite passion fruit mousse dessert was the total highlight of an otherwise disappointing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth iti82muchDined on 8/9/2014We only go to Tuyo during Miami Spice (August and September) when their prix fixe menu is $39 for 3 courses. Still, it's pricey once you add alcoho,l but well worth it! The service is impeccable, with knowledgable wait staff and a welcoming hostess. Food was super! Great for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Had dinner with the boyfriend here on 8/8/14 and even through the process of booking a reservation the employees at Tuyo were so caring and understanding. They were willing to push my reservation back an hour. I truly appreciate it. Made my bf's birthday super special. Everyone was super attentive and caring. Thank you Tuyo. Food was delicious. We tried the Miami Spice menu while they were having the Caribbean options. This switch it up like every two weeks. If you're considering Tuyo, I say go for it. Thank you Eric and Sowad.Special Features:
- way overpricedshankiVIPDined on 8/8/2014the food was just okay..nothing exceptional. majorly disappointed and way way way over priced. The nicest thing about it was the women's bathroom.....amazing! like a hotel lobby inside. chandelier, couch! the works. But to pay for the food and the not so incredible view....no thank you
- Corporate Event Touch DownCranebrothersVIPDined on 8/8/2014We arrived a bit early worrying about all the traffic but the restaurant was very accommodating. This was for the company’s 24th anniversary and we had a lovely table overlooking Downtown Miami & Biscayne Bay. When we arrived one of the cruise ships was leaving so great entrance. We tried the Chef’s Tasting Menu & Wine Pairings it was wonderful. The only thing I did not care for was the fish sticks and they replaced it with the Corvina Ceviche which was delightful. All in all a very good time had by all, food was wonderful, service was excellent & the scenery was worthy of an anniversary celebration. When they brought desert they even wrote Happy Anniversary on the Desert Plate. Tasting Menu has not changed since last year thoughSpecial Features:
- A little too ambitiousdevnullDined on 8/5/2014- Service was attentive and friendly. - Menu is created with care. - Ordered items off both the spice and regular menu. - Solid wine list. - Eighth floor but views are mostly overlooking AA stadium and an empty parking lot. Miami skies do impress though. - Professional techniques (exotic reductions, purees, sauces and extravagant plating) didn't make up for not-quite-there-yet execution and most importantly the underlying quality and freshness of the produce and meats. Overall, I left feeling a underwhelmed with the food itself.
- OKtealeafDined on 8/5/2014Great service and view. Loved the small restaurant that it is connected with the Miami Culinary institute which affords some of the students the opportunity work in a high end restaurant. I had the Miami Spice Menu, my husband ordered from regular menu. Basic mistake: Jerk Chicken Caesar Salad was drenched in dressing... romaine wilted at the heaviness of the dressing. My fish entrée was good (not excellent). OX tail could have been a lot better. My husband's risotto was OK, but the portion too big. Menu seemed fussy, with unnecessary addition to dishes: Extra dump of cheese in the Risotto, the macaroon on top of my mousse... Tuyo had a fantastic best wine list.Special Features:
- great food and viewspsytxoDined on 8/2/2014tuyo is a little restaurant at the top of the culinary institute. you can savor the delicious dishes while enjoying the city views. we had a miami spice special dinner, based on jamaican style cuisine, and all choices were really good. service was astounding as well. i totally recommend tuyo and will be probably coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Great food; very good wine list; great service; good city view. Recommended.Special Features:
- Lovely DinnerlovenewrestaurantsDined on 8/2/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the food, tasting menu was lovely, however portions were large, could not finish the last course. Especially enjoyed the foie gras. Desserts are to die for. That lava cake was unbelievable and the ice creams were the bomb. Looked at your Miami Spice Menu, you need to spell Callaloo with a "C" not a "K".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Everyting was on point, from the service to the food. I would defintely visit again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014The food was excellent. The service was perfect. A very special restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseheykjayDined on 7/30/2014This is a true foodies haven. Every bite was delicious and the ambience very serene, beautiful and conducive to a romantic dinner or night catching up with good friends or biz associates. We live in Miami and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girlfriend was impressedKaleidoscopeDined on 7/26/2014Took my girlfriend to Tuyo's for her bday celebrating and she was very impressed! It set the mood for the remainder of the night. Great place when you want to impress a special person.Special Features:
- Just a great place to dineMarisol7801Dined on 7/25/2014Went with a friend but plan to take my boyfriend. The view is incredible, food and service is great.Special Features:
- One of a kindZeyaDined on 7/23/2014Excellent, excellent, marvelous place:) The experience was unparalleled ; the food , the environment, the service were to the point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TUYO ruined my wedding anniversaryjvalleDined on 7/16/2014TUYO was the worse experience I could ever had in dinning in Miami, despite of all reviews in the internet , they managed to ruined my wedding anniversary and despite all apologies my wedding anniversary in 2014 is only one and will not come back. My experience as Yours can be unique and I tried to put all the details in the review, but is only so many characters they allow, so to make direct to the point, Reviews can be good or excellent, but your experience is what counts and my was terrible. After 2 hrs in the restaurant I didn’t have the bottle of wine in my table, first they couldn’t find the wine, second the broke the cork when they tried to open the cork, so we decided to leave the place. Very disappointed
- TuyoexperRickyfonDined on 7/12/2014It's a great place and food excelent, every plate was a nice culinary experience, the view of dowtown Miami give you an extra pleasure. In our visit there was fiew tables ocupaid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami Culinarty Institute DelightBradyfoofyVIPDined on 7/12/2014If you are looking for a romantic dining experience with a view, MCI is the place that is sure to do just that. Fine dining with a delightful menu and delicious dishes. Make a good impression and treat your date to MCI fro a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Attentive, but limitedEasytopleaseDined on 7/5/2014The menu was very limited, but everything we ordered was tasty. Servers were very attentive and on more than one occasion wished us a happy anniversary. They generously started us with an amuse bouche and allowed us to alter a dessert to our liking. The restaurant was very quiet with little to no décor and or atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A BETTEER DINING EXPERIENCECheloreDined on 6/21/2014This is the third time at Tuyo and must say that the quality of service under the new chef has improved from previous experiences. The food presentation, service timing and taste were excellent. Tuyo is a unique Miami experience worth repeating it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemBGallynVIPDined on 6/20/2014Truly a wonderful find in Miami. Food was extremely well done and when something was not quite right, the kitchen took care of it by making an entire new plate. Service was some of the best I have experienced in Miami. If you want a wonderful dinner with a nice view (8th floor of the Miami Culinary Institute), I highly recommend Tuyo.Special Features:
- Is all TuyoRobertograjalesVIPDined on 6/10/2014Excellente service and wine list. One of the best of their kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dineloverVIPDined on 6/7/2014Magnificent experience! , from the moment of the reservation until we finish our delicious, delicate dishes. Every detail was taking care of. We share appetizers, I cannot say which one was better,main dishes incredible and very well quantities. The service impeccable. If you are willing to pay pricey exquisite meals this place is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.