415 NE 2nd Ave. Building 9,
Miami, FL 33132Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tuyomiami.com/
- Phone: (305) 237-3200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 6pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Victor Santos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available
- Special Events: Tuyo is available for Special events. Please call (305) 237-3200 for more information.
A word from Tuyo
Tuyo is located on the top floor of the Miami Culinary Institute, offering a spectacular view of the bay and the Miami skyline.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Tuyo reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (85)romantic (72)special occasion (70)fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (19)notable wine list (18)late-night find (10)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Evening was goodKaleidoscopeDined on 11/22/2014Another great evening. Food was amazing. Server was a bit lethargic but over all the experience was wonderful! Looking forward the next outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent view in an intimate settinggoodnquickDined on 11/15/2014The restaurant provides great views (Miami's Freedom Tower and the American Airlines Arena) in an intimate setting, which is tough to achieve. The dining room is small with a fireplace that adds a nice touch. The food was excellent, but expensive. Portions are moderate, and perfectly cooked. The tasting menu was good, but also overpriced. The only reason I can think of for the restaurant being half empty on a Saturday night is the prices, everything else would indicate that there should still be waiting list to get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantlizbVIPDined on 11/8/2014The veiw is not to be beat. The service was very attentive. I thought the food was just ok , the portions off balance. My rib eye was huge but the flavor was lacking something. The desserts delicious ! It was a bit $$$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding restaurantdebbiemDined on 10/29/2014With impeccable service and outstanding food it is a restaurant worth experience. From the first cocktail to the desserts we had a very good experience.good luck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't sure if the chef was there.GourmetfoodyDined on 10/25/2014The menu was great, but the food just didn't live up to everyone's expectations. We had heard good things about the restaurant, but we thought that perhaps the chef was off that night. No one thought their main courses or desserts were up to par. We would try it again, with the hope that it was more in keeping with expectations of the menu.Special Features:
- RICKDined on 10/18/2014A betty romantic place. My wife and I love it. We love to come back soonSpecial Features:
- The placeImprovementDined on 10/15/2014I want to the restaurant for the first time .. Beautiful setting and great views how ever the food , was not what I expected . I ordered the Short Ribbed , Meat was very tender ,, but lacked flavor.. My companion ordered the Scallops, they a little salty and kind of raw on the inside Service was great and friendlySpecial Features:
- Just PerfectDonmiamiDined on 9/27/2014Food here is excellent. My wife had the flounder meunière that was superb. My duck was perfectly cooked. The creme brûlée dessert was to die for. Our server picked excellent wines to pair with each course and was very attentive. Oh and did I mention the spectacular view of Miami? Doesn't get much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SabrinaBrina49luvtodineDined on 9/27/2014I really enjoyed the food it was seasoned well, the view was spectacular the service was very good. The staff made u feel welcome and we're knowledgable about the course as they came out. I would reccomend Tuyo u should try it at least once. The only thing I did like not was that they added 18% tips to your check. Especially because it was just me on the check. Not good .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- miami spice classicalbikegirlDined on 9/27/2014Nicely done, a real treat. They put it all together, the food, the music, the atmosphere and the feeling of having a special dining experience. Menu was easy to read and informative/playful within the theme. Service attentive without intrusion and they managed a 'bump' with aplomb. One diner noted an allergy to one of the accompaniments presented (the ingredient had not been listed on the menu) however the substitution was made quickly and gracefully>Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view!AlecitasmVIPDined on 9/25/2014Love the view and the service. Great for romantic dinner. The Miami spice menu is a good optionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LiamDined on 9/23/2014amazing views of downtown miami. The overall dining experience was top-notch, starting with the visual atmosphere of the view of miami and the enticing fireplace. The taste and texture of the ingredients of each perfectly created and presented dish was outstanding. appreciated the in-depth description of each presentation. The wine pairing was well thought out and fit appropriately. Tuyo is definitely worth repeating, especially for special occasions where they apparently took notice of my birthday info from my Open Table profile since it was unannounced and unsolicited. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2014Great food, excellent service. Valet seemed to have misplaced my loose change and phone charger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional experienceTheWadesDined on 9/20/2014For anyone who would have apprehensions about dining at a restaurant in a culinary institute as the may seem to think that the chefs and restaurant staff are anything less than totally professional, I want to dispel those notions. The level of professionalism and the ambiance created here by the staff were impeccable as were the flavours created in the dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceATMEDined on 9/18/2014The food was excellent. The service was also great. They were always around without disturbing our conversation. There is no better view in Miami.Special Features:
- Will not be backMiamiFoodiesDined on 9/17/2014We were very underwhelmed by both the food and service ( FYI 18% is added so server doesn't care) It began well with a very good vichyssoise however it was only 1-2 ounce serving ( we wondered if they were running out?) Food had issues Duck was tough and Fish overly salty. Dessert was nice but could not make up for rest of meal. Ou server did not check on our meal until we were eating dessert even though there were only 3 tables . Its too bad as we would have come often, Tuyo is close to our condo
- ssional n knowledgeablelovetuyoDined on 9/13/2014Service n food was amazing. Very classy n fine restaurant. Will definitely go back. Must have an excellent team of chefs in the kitchen. It's food u know with a kick n a touch of classy tasteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ambiance and good foodAmazingDined on 9/9/2014The place is beautiful, the service is great, was very impressed by the overall ambiance, the service is excellent and the servers are polite and d a good job at explaining the dishes which are very well presented. All the dishes were well presented .Special Features:
- OutstandingmcgsDined on 9/9/2014You can't do much better....Unreal view of the city, Miami Spice dinner was great value, food was wonderful....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little PlaceOARoqueDined on 9/9/2014If you want outstanding service with a great view this is the place. Located at the top floor of the Miami Culinary Institute, this is a gem. You must give this place a shot. Try the Chef's Menu, changes every week and it is very good (not a big fan of the duck dish, but everything else was fabulous). They are have "Sals and Merenge" this month as a theme for Miami Spice and it was very good to (according to my wife). They also have some dinner and show specials so be on the look out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is a diferent placeFrancescaDined on 9/5/2014Well they are very creative we really was surprised for the food combinacion , mix , but at same time they use the classic ingredients that our grandma used , and the staff was super good. I will recomended for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreBrianVIPDined on 9/5/2014I ate at tuyo when Norman can Aiken was the executive chef. It has dropped considerably since. Food was bland and unremarkable. For a beautiful view of Miami, they had the lights on bright until the end of meal when they softened them and then, for no reason, turned them up again. Service was spotty since it appeared they were short staffed. With all the options in Miami, would not go back.
- LovelyNsgeeVIPDined on 9/4/2014My friend and I enjoyed the Miami Spice menu and we found everything very delicious. It is a beautiful and serene looking restaurant, a respite at the end of a busy day. Service and food were exceptional.Special Features:
- For special occasionsyeatathomeDined on 9/2/2014Holds on to the traditions of the prior chef, vanAken i.e. small, over-decorated overpriced portions. Quality of food and the ambience and view is what keeps this restaurant on my list for special occasions.Special Features:
- Very welcoming placeWilsonDined on 8/30/2014Very romantic setting and beautiful view.. Great service! And the food was absolutely amazing! Perfect anniversary dinner.. Thank you to the staff for a great night for me and my GirlfriendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Miami SpiceCEEZDined on 8/30/2014Very good food, nice view and friendly staff. Good alternatives in the menu and Miami Spice. Ceviche and pork very tasty. Vegan stew superb.Special Features:
- Lovely experienceEatAmDined on 8/30/2014Our visit to Tuyo could not have been better! The setting is cool with a great view. The menu was intriguing. The service was excellent and the food was world class. We will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Great as usual.JimmieDined on 8/30/2014Went back to Tuyo, this time with another couple. Everything about this restaurant is great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit more is neededranaDined on 8/30/2014The desserts are outstanding. The portions are small. The plates are nicely presented. The entrees inconsistent some very good others good.Special Features:
- Great Food and atmosphearfoodadventureDined on 8/29/2014We were greeted wonderfully from the valet staff, maître d and restaurant staff. Staff was very attentive and accommodating. Food was fantastic (all 3 courses - Miami Spice menu - rock and roll), plates was very well presented and placed perfectly for each guest. Loved the mixture of contrasting palette on each dish. Cant wait to see what's next when the menu change in a week. Our party had a wonderful and memorable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Miami Spice Experiencered308Dined on 8/29/2014I took my girlfriend here in to celebrate a special occasion. I wanted to take her somewhere that participated in Miami Spice, without skimping on the menu offerings. That is exactly what we found. All of the menu selections were complementary, and creative. We made sure to order different selections for all three courses and we're hard pressed to decide whose was tastier. We did venture off of the Miami Spice menu for cocktails and the octopus appetizer. Well worth the $. Overall the waitstaff were all informed and very attentive. The most memorable part of the dinner was the "Fire and Ice" dessert. The "Chopped-esque" dessert consisted an apple-wasabi sorbet, paired with a white chocolate semifreddo. AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceGiViDined on 8/29/2014This was my first time going to the Miami Spice event and I am so glad I chose Tuyo as the restaurant . Tuyo has a beautiful view of Downtown Miami,the service was great and most important of all the food was delicious !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnlightingStarlightDined on 8/26/2014Everyone was very pleasant and professional, the food was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBarbVIPDined on 8/23/2014Have read so much about the restaurant that I was looking forward to it; however, it was disappointing. Order a $32. Old Fashion that was not made correctly; had to send it back. Octopus appetizer highly recommended by the server tasted charred. Pork tenderloin was excellent. The Snapper was good not great. The White chocolate dessert was excellent; however the raspberry cheesecake taste was too strong. Went on Miami Spice but prices were extremely high. Will not visit again.Special Features:
- Senior68Dined on 8/23/2014We took advantage of Miami Vice last Saturday and, hands down, Tuyo tops the list in very heavy competition. We have been to ZZum, DB Moderne, and Cipriani among others. Tuyo"s Miami Spice memo was creative, and delicious. An added benefit was a tour we were given of the school. It matches the restaurant in it creativity. MDC should be very proud of thios offering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing hidden gem in Miami DTTessyMiDined on 8/22/2014Tuyo is an amazing culinary experience, its like being in chopped in the Food Network. THe service is amazing, as well as the food. I definitely recommend doing the food pairing with wine.Special Features:
- AmazingRAH5VIPDined on 8/22/2014Miami spice Amazing food, service, ambiance. Loved it!!! I Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Possibly the best Miami restaurant!FlutistDined on 8/22/2014We went to try the Miami Spice, music-themed menu and we enjoyed it thoroughly. At Tuyo, you always can expect creative, fresh, perfectly prepared food and delicious wine pairings. The waitstaff is attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly. The view of downtown Miami, the AA Arena, and part of the bay is breathtaking. Everybody must eat at Tuyo at least once in their lifetime.Special Features:
- fantastic expressive cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Really enjoyed the creative cuisine. Amazing from the appetizer to the dessert, Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view but even betterCharlie50Dined on 8/16/2014Small restaurant in downtown with a neat view but even better food. Waiters very attentive explaining each dish to each of us. We combined Miami Spice with regular menu items as our party of 4 enjoyed the late dinner. Overall, worthwhile for goodies and romantics.Special Features: