Tutto Pasta State Street
305 State Street
Madison, WI 53703Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tutto Pasta State Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.foodspot.com/tuttopasta
- Phone: (608) 294-1000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian
- Executive Chef: Juan Aragon & Jose Camilo Jr.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two rooms downstairs that hold 30 seats in each. On very busy days we use all these seats for customers but most weeknights these are available. We will do a special limited menu for your group if you want and will work with you to set all the details as you like. One of the owners, Pam, works with customers for group events to ensure we can provide you with a special evening and great meal. There are times when she can give you the room on a weekend so just give her a call if you want to talk to her about your needs and see if we will be a perfect fit!
- Private Party Contact: Pam McCord 6082941000
- Cross Street: Johnson
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are many places to park in downtown Madison. The parking garages are called Ramps and the one nearest to our restaurant is the Overture Center Ramp. Another one that is almost exactly as close is the State Street Capitol Ramp. There is also the Buckeye lot nearby as well. There are meters on the side streets also to park. If you go to the cityofmadison.com web site and go to the parking utility section you can click on the downtown map for parking. Downtown is fun!
A word from Tutto Pasta State Street
Tutto Pasta State Street is a family owned Italian Cafe style restaurant in the heart of Madison"s famous State Street area. We are located in a charming old building on the corner of Johnson & State Street. Come in and enjoy a wide variety of authentic Italian dishes & a happy, friendly staff. Our Tutto Pasta on State Street has been voted Best of Madison Top Three Italian every year since 2006! We have Healthy Pasta options along with GLUTEN FREE options that have become very popular. We also like to help people with allergies enjoy a nice meal out feeling safe! If you have an allergy, please let us know so we can plan for your meal. We have rooms we can use for groups of 30 or less and we are happy to work with you to make your event or meeting special! We create our pasta dishes individually with incredible sauces and fresh ingredients. We have a good selection of wines too and everything is reasonably priced!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Tutto Pasta State Street - Best Restaurants in Madison ›
Tutto Pasta State Street reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (13)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (8)special occasion (8)romantic (6)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Tutto Pasta on StateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014I've been going to Tutto Pasta on State Street for quite some time, and am always impressed. The staff, food, and environment are always great, and I never have any complaints. Thank you for being consistently great!Special Features:
- ConsistentPamelaVIPDined on 11/9/2014I have always found this restaurant to be consistent. The food, ambience, wait staff and service have been consistently good. It is a great little downtown restaurant to get a good dish of pasta.Special Features:
- For a quick fix meal.MarathonerDined on 11/8/2014If you are looking for something quick and not "fine dining" this will work. I ordered lasagna and it was refrigerator cold in the middle...like the food is all pre-made, not made to order unless it's probably the pizza. Side Cesar salad was like a salad kit you can get from the grocery store...nothing fancy. Pricing is ok, but in my opinion I've eaten better for that amount. I see this being tasty food for college kids, or if you just need a quick fix for pasta like going to a Fazolli's chain.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/2/2014Very crowded. Food is OK. The location is great....next to Overture Center and on State Street. Friendly staff.
- Excellent FoodMadDinerDined on 11/1/2014This is our go-to restaurant when we attend Madison's Freak Fest annually. Their restaurant is right on State Street and their food is AMAZING! The restaurant is tiny so reservations are highly recommended (which we had). They also have a very good wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid local Italian localeTheJudgeVIPDined on 10/27/2014The property is not upscale but it is decidedly comfortable and low key. The reason to dine here is good food in sizable portions at a reasonable price. Servers were all friendly and accommodating, lending to a good overall atmosphere and experience. Certainly a solid local restaurant that seems reliable in what it offers.Special Features:
- Diego was great.DiegoEsMuyFuegoDined on 10/25/2014First, our Saturday night reserved table was ready right on time, during a very busy evening. Second, Diego took very good care of us in a very busy and crowded environment, as we were sitting in a busy area with some congestion in the dining area. And excellent food and beverages. Very enjoyable. Will come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpotDined on 10/25/2014Wonderful food and helpful service. A very popular place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDine4FunDined on 10/25/2014As always, Tutto Pasta does not disappoint. Their food is consistently good. The place was a bit noisy until the group next to us left. But then again, it was UW Homecoming and can't think of a better place to celebrateSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Server and Great ValueDenali1118Dined on 10/17/2014We dined here with friends before the symphony. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable. We enjoyed all of our dishes and the two-for-one happy hour drink specials made the price of the meal, appetizers, drinks, and dessert a very good value. Our friends brought their 13-year old son who also enjoyed his food. The restaurant is lively with a quaint feel. We will definitely be back-there are so many things on the menu that look delicious.Special Features:
- Pizza MargueritaLuistriDined on 10/16/2014Caprese salad was ok but far from what i expected. Pizza Marguerita was really good, I think Wisconsin cheese makes a difference cause the taste of the cheese was delicious. I think with a little more tomato sauce the balance would have been perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerTuttos2Dined on 10/10/2014We had a group of 10 and the service was very good. The food however was not. My salad dressing was bitter, my daughters pasta was cool when she got it and a little rubbery. My husbands pasta was the same. The best entree out of 10 was the one person who ordered a pizza. That would be the wise choics,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableMadgirl21Dined on 10/10/2014Tutto Pasta State Street is not the fanciest restaurant on State St. But it is dependable and full of helpful servers. The food is good. They will let you linger if you have the inclination or they can be fast to help you get to your Overture Center show.Special Features:
- Excellent pastaMellowfellowVIPDined on 9/19/2014Large choice of pasta dishes as well as others. The portions were large and the fresh pasta was excellent. Nice list of wine by the glass, draft beer and mixed drinks. My water glass wasn't clean and the wait for the wine was too long.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip the AppetizersAdamGVIPDined on 9/17/2014While the appetizers leave something to be desire, their main courses are pretty superb for Madison. Their Chicken Marsala has a good sauce and is nicely prepared. Also, their Healthy Pasta (little bit contradictory I know) has fresh vegetables and delicious protein packed pasta. Overall a good date place or groups up to 8.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014I have eaten here several times and always go back when I'm in town. They have healthy pasta choices and their homead sangria and lemoncello are fantastic. Their service was a bit slow this time, but usually it's great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little dark/jammedluvmadtownDined on 9/13/2014Food was ok. We were on 2nd floor in a very dark corner. Had to use flash lights on cell phones to read menu. Table behind us was so close that they had to get up so that we could get in our seats and also when we left. All in all, it was just ok. Waiter ok. A member of our party had asked to have their dish with the spicy pasta sauce but got the regular sauce (she didn't mention it to waiter). Were not asked if we wanted dessert, not that we would have.
- Always great foodGoodFoodFanDined on 9/5/2014Food and service is always first class. Love coming down to State St. to eat at Tutto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Great PastaLobsterMobsterDined on 9/1/2014You know what you are going to get when you come to Tutto Pasta. GREAT PASTA. You cannot go wrong. Great for a date, taking the family our, or for getting a night started on State Street.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always yummyMikeDined on 8/28/2014We enjoyed 2for1 cocktails in the bar and at our table and had a great meal, as always!Special Features:
- Great Food.DoctorbobDined on 8/16/2014The food here is always great. They even gave us a free dessert as we were celebrating our anniversary. My only complaint was the very noisy young adult (?) crowd sitting next to us, but that's not the restaurant's fault. We come here often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly service and yummy pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Always friendly service here and a great variety of pasta dishes. Reasonable prices. Expect a vibrant atmosphere as this is a hot spot on State StretSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 175 reviews are from the Tutto Pasta State Street reviews archive.
- EaterDined on 7/29/2014Food was delicious. I will definitely return. Great wine list.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration!BirthdayGirl7Dined on 7/26/2014We chose Tutto Pasta because of the superb food, and were not disappointed. We thoroughly enjoyed the quality house chianti, warm bread with dipping sauce, and healthy vegetarian dinners of penne energy and farfalle rustica (which were served piping hot). A complimentary piece of tiramisu plus candle was provided. Our table was on the second level overlooking State Street which allowed for interesting people-watching. Our waiter Chaz paced the meal to accommodate our request for a leisurely celebration dinner. Online reservation system was easy and effective. This is the place to go to celebrate a special event, or just to have an excellent Italian dinner. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Good Food and friendly serviceeklarDined on 7/19/2014our waitress seemed a little new to the resteraunt, she had a hard time taking our drink orders and it was several minutes before she came back to check on us, but she made up for it by being super friendly. Overall a good experience and will come back.Special Features:
- IpsofactoDined on 6/19/2014Good food, great staff and I like that they take reservations so we could make sure to get to the show at Overture Center across the street. I will eat here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbiesueDined on 6/13/2014We went to this restaurant as it was close to the Center and we had tickets to see War Horse. Arod was our server. he was great. Very attentive, funnyy and knowledgeable about the menu. I even ordered his recommendation (chicken caprese) and he was correct, it was fantastic. My friend had a pasta and truly enjoyed it. The portions are very generous. The place was packed, yet our service was quick and the food was hot. I would highly recommend this place. We sat upstairs near the window and it was an excellent place to eat dinner. We will definitely return the next time we travel to Madison.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YuckTravelerDined on 6/9/2014At the recommendation of the bar tender, ordered the fusili primavera. Frozen food would have been better.
- Small, cozy placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2014Great pasta! Will definitely return. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- so-sosunnysueDined on 4/20/2014that atmosphere was dark & dingy. grease spot on our tablecloth was not a welcomed sight. our waiter was the highlight-very friendly & efficient. food was not impressive. both my husband & son said that i make better italian food at home. and, if that's the case, no point going out. i ordered a salad which was fine but the shrimp on it was very spicy ,which i wasn't expecting. even the mango margarita was just ordinary. the whole experience was so-so. i think they need to step it up a notch.
- Loud group made night unpleasantOtt3110Dined on 4/12/2014Went to dinner with a group of seven. The service was pretty good considering that we were in the lower level. The low lighting made it difficult for some in our group to read the menus. The food is always very good and we were unlucky because another group was a couple of table away and were super loud. I still enjoy dining here and this was just an series of unfortunate factors.Special Features:
- Extremely Pleased!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014The servers were professional and natural, not rehearsed. We came in late after a show and they still accomodated us. We were served right away and the food was excellent. The service was the best I have seen in a LONG time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.ginnDined on 4/11/2014We go to a fair in Madison every year & our favorite restaurant was Tutto Pasta. We were so disappointed when the King St. location closed, as we did not know about this one. This one does not have the ambience of the other one + it is extremely noisy. But the food is outstanding. They have original dishes with very unusual combinations that meld perfectly! My dinner was fantastic! Will be back to this spot every year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinnerSaranohDined on 3/31/2014I arrived in Madison and was ready to eat around 4. They were not busy at all so the service was prompt and courteous without loitering. I had the Mushroom ravioli after starting with the Caesar salad. Both were tasty and they had a few appealing desserts and I went with a divine cheesecake. Overall left very satisfied.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS DELICIOUS!!!DrMiMoDined on 3/28/2014My husband and I have enjoyed the amazing menu and friendly service at Tutto Pasta State Street for many years. While like many restaurants downtown, the tables are closer together than I would prefer, we are never disappointed when we leave. The staff are professional and fun, the portions are generous, and because the restaurant is larger than most realize, they cater very well to groups of all sizes. They are also kid friendly with a children's menu and my girls love it! Tutto Pasta remains a favorite amongst our family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressed!dreaeliseDined on 3/15/2014We were in town for a local concert at overture hall and were looking for something quick and close by that would also be delicious. We came across this restaurant and were little bit skeptical because the reviews were mixed. I can see that people may have difficulty if they're having large parties because it is quite crowded but for a party of 4 it was great! We received excellent service and fantastic food. We ordered two side salads, 3 entrees to split, and one dessert - the total bill came to just $55 before tax. Great value and awesome food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option for food on State St!pg13Dined on 3/13/2014Met a friend for early evening dinner--being from out of town, I didn't know where to go. Checked OT and found this place. We were seated immediately, the menu has many great looking options...the service was fast and fun. The meal was great--good sized portions and excellent "American Italian" dishes. I kept it simple with some fried mozz for an appetizer and the Spag & Meatballs for the entree. Both were cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. (My friend had a chicken rotini that also looked great.) Would definitely come back here for a meal when I return to Madison!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service on a busy nightIpsofactoDined on 3/7/2014We were running late and had reservations but needed to move them back by 40 mins. When we called we were pleasantly surprised that they could do it, no problem. Everyone knew we had to go to a show also and were really accommodating at well. We got there at 6:30 and were leaving the restaurant by 7:10 and even had TeM to take the leftovers back to the car which was about 10 blocks away and still be in our seats for the 7:30 show. Food was very good too and I am looking forward to leftovers tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/7/2014Food here is always good, not great, but priced right. We eat here often when going to a show at the Overture Center since you get a quality meal in a short amount of time and it is priced appropriately.
- Very happy I tried itPacoDined on 2/19/2014My girlfriend and I wanted to keep it low key for our anniversary and decided on Tutto. This was the first time dining there for either of us, and we will definitely go again. Food was good, prices were good, staff was friendly, and it was a nice crowd for a Wednesday night. The tables were awfully close together which could make it cozy on a weekend, but overall we were happy with our experience.Special Features: