Tutto Italiano Ristorante
501 S Wells Street
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tutto Italiano Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tuttostogo.com/
- Phone: (312) 939-4824
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sonny Dervishi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms available for parties up to 200
- Private Party Contact: Sonny Dervishi 3129394824x
A word from Tutto Italiano Ristorante
In business for 19 years, Tutto Italiano serves delicious Italian food in a casual setting. While the railroad car offers a unique dining experience the lounge area and the bar are also utilized for a more casual fare in a fun environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tutto Italiano Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)great for lunch (14)good for groups (12)romantic (9)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (4)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food & fun environmentLoopFoodieDined on 10/25/2014A neat little neighborhood gem with tasty food, good service and in a fun boxcar setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun old train car diningArtlover48Dined on 10/18/2014We were surprised when we discovered Tutta Italiano was an old train car set along busy Congress Ave. We went with three grand daughters who split spaghetti with Alfredo sauce between them. The portions were huge and the girls had a hard time finishing the pasta. I enjoyed veal limone. The veal was very tender, but I should have gotten veal picante which was on the menu. My limone sauce was not lemony enough. Others had pasta which was delicious. The price is good for the city, but the entry is dark and kind of scary according to my grand daughters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate before the raceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Great choice to get filled up the night before the race. Priced very well for a great amount of food.Special Features:
- Lovely Italian eatery in the LoopWoofer1950VIPDined on 9/30/2014We always enjoy our dining experiences at Tutto Italiano, whether for lunch or dinner. The food is always very good and the ambience is delightful, especially in the converted rail car.Special Features:
- Going to the Auditorium Theater?ConnieVIPDined on 9/18/2014This has become our go-to restaurant for dinner before events at the Auditorium Theater. But the food is so good that we could go there anytime! This is real authentic Italian cooking, and at great prices, and with a good wine list. And you can have a quiet romantic dinner in the train car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden and unique gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Where else can you eat in an old-fashioned rail car? The italian food is superb and the service was truly a cut above the rest. The waiter and buser were incredibly attentive and professional. In fact, the buser overheard a nearby table mention that it was one of the guest's birthday. The buser told the waiter who came over and wished the guest a "Happy Birthday." I've never seen anything like that before, it was very refreshing. Great food options as well, try the veal ravioli and the risotto!Special Features:
- Classic Italian in the S LoopcigarzinDined on 9/2/2014I've been going to Tutto Italiano for years, but hadn't been there for a while. A friend had never been and recommended we go. I was pleasantly surprised that the food quality was as good as I remember. Not too busy gem in the South end of the Financial District.Special Features:
- Hidden Italian GemiluvbrusselssproutsVIPDined on 8/12/2014Four of us from the office went for lunch and although at Congress and Wabash, wasn't as far as we thought it would be. The Pullman train theme was cool with historic Chicago photos all over the walls in the dining room that makes you feel as if you are in an old dining car of a cross country train. One of my fellow diners commented that "this would be a great place for an affair"... Another said "great for politicians" and ironically we saw the new head of the RTA, Kirk Dilliard there at the other end of the room. Classic place. We all ordered different items, one of which was not even on the menu, no problem. When the food arrived all came in large portions and was hot and delicious for a great price. All took some home. Great Lunch, !Special Features:
- Chicago Classic Yesterday & TodaySchlossDined on 8/5/2014Wonderful food, old-school, top-notch service with a particular attention to detail. I love it! * If you have a business luncheon in the Loop, Don't hesitate to book this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 64 reviews are from the Tutto Italiano Ristorante reviews archive.
- GoodTipsForGoodServiceVIPDined on 6/30/2014The food is decent, but the quality of the service has trailed off over the past year. They have a habit of seating you, and forgetting about you. It takes forever to get your food, and even longer to get your check. Plus, they've developed an annoying habit of 'cancelling' Open Table reservations after you arrive, so that they can try to avoid paying Open Table the commission.
- lackingSames13Dined on 6/21/2014This may be a great restaurant, however the service we had was rude and the waiter was anything but friendly. I will probably not go back add there are many Italian options for dining in the city.
- Watch TV when you're not workingGoodTipsForGoodServiceVIPDined on 6/16/2014I eat here every few months. The food is usually good. The service is often unenthusiastic. However it was spectacularly poor the other day. Every TV had the World Cup on - and the volume was louder than any sports bar I've ever been in. The restaurant want very crowded (probably because of the annoyingly loud TVs.) The staff was much more interested in watching the game than working. Horrible experience this time. I've had decent ones in the past, so I'll give Tutto another try, but I recommend waiting until the World Cup is over.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/11/2014Loved the attention by the waiters and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- First TimeVacaVIPDined on 5/29/2014Best gnocchis i ever had !!! Asiago cheese stuffedSpecial Features:
- We'd go backhandyjimDined on 5/17/2014Arrived in Chicago in our Motor Home on a Saturday afternoon. We wanted nice place out who could take us on short notice. Open table found Tutto, and were we glad. Had a very nice dinner. They were cooperative with dietary needs. Only complaint, not their fault, was parking was expensive. The life of downtown dining. Being unfamiliar, we didn't know the parking tricks. By the next night, we knew better!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Restaurants in OneWMA1Dined on 5/16/2014This is a good restaurant with very good food (huge portions), friendly service, and reasonable prices. It was ideal for a large group. The only issue is that guests walk into a loud, dark, and generally uninviting bar area. We were greeted by extremely loud music and several intoxicated bar guests. We then proceeded to a quiet and generally quaint converted rail car for a great dinner. Why the owners/managers choose not to clean up the bar/entry area is very odd to me. There were about 15 total people in the rail car having dinner on a Friday. A place with food and service this good should be crowded. I would bet that many people walk in and walk right out given the bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating in a train carwvlouVIPDined on 4/25/2014We had a very good experience dining here before the theater. The waiter understood our timing needs. We had one in our party that was gluten, egg and dairy free and the chef was very accommodating. The setting was fun, in an old train car. We had passed by on Congress St. hundreds of times and finally went. The food was very good, as well. Veal, prime rib risotto, and gnocchi all got rave reviews.
- Wouldn't go backHealthyFoodieVIPDined on 4/17/2014Had the calamari- a bit chewy, could have been cooked more, had the veal picatta for my entree- it was luke warn, like it had been sitting there for a while; my boyfriend's meal was piping hot, it was okay. For the price, food wasn't up to par. Wouldn't go back.
- Great spot for a businessORRNVIPDined on 4/1/2014Great spot for a business lunch - food was very good - good variety - not just limited to traditional Italian fare.Special Features:
- poor service ruined the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2014I waited 7-8 minutes to be asked if I wanted a table. The bartender saw me standing there all that time and did nothing. After we were seated, the server was okay, but he didn't refill my empty water glass, and overall, I felt that our business wasn't appreciated.
- Authentic ItalianDaveDined on 2/15/2014Very good food. Definitely authentic. Not your run of the mill mass produced food. Great service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Men's night outDadooDined on 2/14/2014Had dinner last Friday with a group of 6. Very enjoyable, food was very good, and reasonable priced, as was the wine. Not the fanciest place around but a good value.Special Features:
- LunchCKB83VIPDined on 12/19/2013Food good but my server was terrible. Not usual for this establishment which I frequent often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Find for LocationWineNDineDined on 11/16/2013Stayed near 1 Financial Place (Congress & LaSalle) and weather was horrible-- Tutto was very close by. Cool place, inside an old train car, plus the bar area looked nice (attached building). Service was great- they were very attentive. They seem to have some favorites like their Risotto, so listen to the wait staff on recommendations. I ordered the Risotto- it was good. My wife had a different pasta dish that could have used some flavor-boost, but her shrimp were fresh and huge. The toasted ravioli was great. Desert was good as well. Nice find for where we were staying (which did not have much around).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waste of a meal. TerriblyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2013Waste of a meal. Terribly disappointed in service. Told waiter we had a Bulls game to attend in 1 1/2 hours. He got it wrong on almost everything. 2 of 3 drinks had to be remade, the wrong salad came for 1 out of three, & the wrong entree for another. He was extremely slow, did not write down our order, & did not get any of our 3 courses right. Food was fair....bland & unimpressive. Mgmt should have been at table at some pt when items were being returned. Waiter, sensing dissatisfaction, told us he was somewhat new. No apology...just an excuse. He should have written down order, (we questioned him on this when we ordered) had someone checking on him, & should have been better trained before actually serving anyone.
- Very nice Italian meal!AlanDined on 10/26/2013We had a great meal, and enjoyed the interesting rail car environment with my wife, son and his girlfriend. The fried ravioli appetizer was exceptional, and the traditional bread/olive oil/grated cheese combination was a nice start. Nice music at a good level (you could enjoy it without having to talk over it), and only an occasional yell from a sports fan in the other room watching the soccer match. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Fantastic dinnerpastaDined on 10/12/2013WE were a group of six and the waiter was excellent. Very knowledgeable about the menu and took care of everyone's special requests. Food was generous and very good. Calamari was outstanding; the breading was light and crisp. Waiter was attentive but allowed us to enjoy our conversation.Special Features:
- Simple but greatTofoDined on 10/11/2013My wife and I travel in form the burbs for Tutto Italiano... it probably is not the best at anything, but we have never been disappointed by the food quality, the service or any part of our experience. We Love the cute little converted train car. Food is great at times -- try the mussels and get a side of meatballs... I could drink the sauce from the mussels straight (and did the last time we were there), and it tastes like Grandma is in the back slaving over the meatballs all day. Great place, we love it and will continue to make it out at least once a year for a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood PlaceBrianOVIPDined on 9/27/2013We live a couple of blocks from this place, and go every so often. The food is always good, the portions are big and the prices are reasonable. What's not to like.Special Features:
- The food was poor. Period.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2013The food was poor. Period. Bread was stale. Calamari appetizer was greasy/oily. The veal dish I had was like a Swanson's Salisbury Steak TV dinner from 1972. Almost uneatable -- Really poor quality. On the other hand, the ambiance was very good. The narrow trolley car with nicely appointed tables was very cozy. This restaurant would have a bright future if food wasn't necessary in a restaurant.
- Very SatisfiedLynnDined on 9/4/2013Went to Tutto on a Travelzoo voucher. Great service, great atmosphere, very tasty food. Really enjoyed the experience. It was our first anniversary and it was a quiet and romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Awful, But There's Much BettersweetedDined on 7/31/2013Clearly Tutto Italiano makes more income from the bar, which was packed w/ after work drinkers. There were only two other occupied tables in the train car / restaurant. The food was not bad, but it really wasn't very good. The bread basket should be warmed, or at least more interesting. The oil on the table was not a quality olive oil; no butter was served as an option. Spicy Calamari was a good start - nice twist on fried squid. I had risotto, which wasn't over-cooked, but was bland. My companion had gnocchi, which were over-cooked. Desserts were uninspiring, and we passed. Fairly sure my Southern Comfort was cut with well whiskey. Too pricey to be this average. Aside from the train car, there's nothing very special here.Special Features:
- Good food quirky placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2013Owner/manager is a character.... Making sure things are perfect but cracking jokes with everyone while doing it.... Food was very good. Interesting to eat in a train car. Nice experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian gemJohnSDined on 7/5/2013Sitting in a railroad car in downtown Chicago! Outstanding Italian food - appetizers; main course;desserts - and a great wine list with reasonable prices. Tables with linen tablecloths are set for 2 or 4 however they easily rearrange for larger parties. Our waiter was Genti and he had outstanding knowledge of everything on the menu. He also specializes in wines from the Tuscany region. I would highly recommend Tutto Italiano to all. The bar area, which you enter through, is also quaint with several regulars visiting with the staff. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined here twice. First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/3/2013Dined here twice. First time was beginner's luck, second time was affirmation not to return unless it's based on desperation. Disruptive noise from the bar, when sitting in the train car/dining section of the restaurant. Venue layout is a bizarre set up, to enter the dining area, you have to walk through the bar crowd which feels like a different establishment than the train car/dining section. The food is okay, it's filling due to its large portions but I've had much better Italian food. Waitstaff seems to be hardworking but not very knowledgeable about the menu,
- Convenient lunch spot to theSarahDined on 4/25/2013Convenient lunch spot to the office. Food was just okay. Very good prices though.Special Features:
- versatile neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/19/2013Live nearby and never dined here until recently! This is the restaurant in the rail car on the side. Happening bar scene post-happy hour. Huge portions! Lasagna pretty good. Didn't make it to dessert. The seating area in the rail car is more intimate if you want a dining atmosphere.Special Features:
- Tutto terrific!JandBVIPDined on 4/16/2013what a gem! We have noticed this place before but for some reason we never ate there until last Tuesday. The grilled calamari appetizer was perfectly done. The vegetable risotto was just right. My salmon was cooked as I wished. Our house wines were very good. Can't wait to get back.Special Features:
- A hidden gem for a business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/1/2013First time there and I loved it! This will be my new business lunch favorite for client meetings!Special Features:
- The portions are huge andOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/22/2013The portions are huge and everything so good! It was charming to sit inside the old rail care and made for a very unique and romantic dinning experience.Special Features: