1736 Rt. 206 South
Montgomery, NJ 08558Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tuskrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9088293417
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private VIP room seats up to 16 people. Has private balcony and 60" TV.
Semi-Private room seats up to 60 people.
A word from Tusk Restaurant
Contemporary American / World fusion. 200-seat a la carte dining in two seperate rooms, a separate lounge/bar area and outdoor dining on our spacious patio. Also available is a 16 seat private VIP room with a private patio space. Coming soon Tusk Lounge! NJ premier ultra lounge with bottle service, VIP rooms, Top DJ's, and moreContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tusk Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Went on vday the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Went on vday the food was very very small portions not of great quality and way over priced. The service was actually pretty good. Can't blame the waiter....
- It wasn't worth the trip...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/26/2013Don't waste your time and money! We went with a group of friends (3 couples total) and no one was impressed. The place was empty on a Saturday night so that was the first hint that we picked up on before we even went inside. We should have turned around at that point but we figured it looked like a nice place and had a nice menu so we would stay. Appetizers were just fair. My husband did not care for his jambalya entree. Two of the entrees had to be sent back to be cooked more. THe Waiter spilled juice from my steak dish (that was going back to the kitchen to be cooked more) on my friend's leather jacket with no more than an "I'm sorry". Not even an offer to pay for the coat to be professionally and properly cleaned.
- Decent food - better ambianceValerieVIPDined on 1/19/2013I have been to Tusk 4 times, trying to "give it another try". The food is always good and the service decent. Where it misses the mark for me is the ambiance. The dining room and the bar are simply too large and like being in a cavern. Too much open space, no fabric to absorb sound. When you walk in the front door, the bar sits in front of you. Nice bar but there is a huge open space behind the seats. Then the dining room is a huge room, wood floors, and tables everywhere with a big center table that has a huge statue on it. Strange. They need to install dividers in the middle with booths, etc. Cut the room into pieces and add some table cloths or padded seats - any type of fabric to absorb sound and create a more setting.
- t The food was not as goodjoegDined on 1/5/2013t The food was not as good as first time, portions smaller, service slow and awkward for the few tables occupied. Embarassed that we took friends there. Dessert was good
- It was nice but room is verySusaneatsVIPDined on 12/21/2012It was nice but room is very cold. The room seems to large for what it intended for
- Not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/19/2012This restaurant was terrible. Understaffing led to poor and slow service, and the food was really poor. I will not go back. Too bad given the amount of money they sunk into making the place look nice.
- The recommendation checkednonicknameVIPDined on 11/18/2012The recommendation checked above is with an asterisk. The setting is magnificent, the service is cheerful but the prices are out of line. We decided to give Tusk another visit to see if the food lived up to the prices charged. Sadly, it didn't.
- Hamburgers were yummy wafflesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2012Hamburgers were yummy waffles were cold broke my tooth on an avocado pitSpecial Features:
- pretty nice vegetarian selection,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012pretty nice vegetarian selection, good drinks, nice ambiance, great place to dine with friends. we really love it! our waiter was outstanding as was Tim our former waiter whom we adore. The bartender was very nice but it was hard to get his attention. we had a wonderful time nonetheless!Special Features:
- Bad brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012We went for Sunday brunch. Waiter and kitchen didn't seem to know the menu. We ordered the tusk eggs Benedict which was supposed to be on an English muffin and topped with crab. We were informed that the kitchen was out of muffins. And, the plate came without crab. When we asked about the crab, it was brought on the side and smelled very fishy. I guess I should have known better when the restaurant was nearly empty. Embarrassed to have taken guests here.
- We have gone to Tusk aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2012We have gone to Tusk about 5 times this year and the menu still has not changed. We ordered the appetizer special shrimp wrapped in bacon. That was good. We ordered a bottle of wine which we pointed to in the book and our server brought over 2 glasses of wine. Then she apologized and brought over a bottle with another server to open the bottle. The glasses were water stained. We also had to continuously refill our glasses. We ordered a salad, which was good but did not receive bread. Other tables around us had bread baskets. The entrees were good. The server did not refill our water glasses. Overall, the food was good, but the service was poor.Special Features:
- Food was good and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Food was good and service as well. The trio of musicians, although a nice touch, created an overall noise background so conversation was hard. This is a big space, allowing the noise to bounce around. A bit pricey
- Food and service are excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012Food and service are excellent. Convenient location and easy parking. Large facility with multiple rooms and separate sports bar. The past three times we dined at Tusk the owner stopped by our table and made us really feel at home.Special Features:
- Our server was very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012Our server was very attentive and friendly. The meal was delicious. Jon Henry Goldman was the reason we dined at Tusk and the music was wonderful. The BIG PROBLEM was the noise: very loud din of everyone talking.
- Main dining room informalArbeeDined on 10/5/2012Main dining room informal and wide open and seats over 100 people If not a lot of people there it appears empty - not a good thing Would suggest partitioning and filling up one partition before allowing another to be filled Very noisy - from bar They had a private party at the bar and the noise filtered into the dining room along with the music from the speakers Overall it was OK but for the price I think there are many restaurants in the area with better ambiance I'm not going backSpecial Features:
- Fun brunch spot. Very quietRolloDined on 9/30/2012Fun brunch spot. Very quiet perhaps due to limited foot traffic. Wait staff very attentive.Special Features:
- It's too bad this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2012It's too bad this restaurant isn't better. This is our third and last visit. The food is more like a mid level family chain restaurant than the quality restaurant it looks like it wants to be.
- Food was o. K. Service wasFb14VIPDined on 9/29/2012Food was o. K. Service was very good. Beautiful place! Needs a new menu. Had lettuce wraps.... Were supposed to be served with Boston lettuce- came on Romaine... Also could benefit from a more varied wine list...Staff is very attentive and energetic!Special Features:
- food was good. i think theyRichCDined on 9/22/2012food was good. i think they try too hard. some of the food seems more like bar food trying to be dressed up but falling short. a bit salty on the food. i'll go again.
- We had another wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2012We had another wonderful meal at Tusk, our waiter, Mike was excellent. Can't wait until the fireplace starts roaring again.Special Features:
- When our daughter visits withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012When our daughter visits with her husband and our grandaughter this is the restaurant of choice.Special Features:
- The food selection was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2012The food selection was very wide, and very fusion. You can find something Asian, French, Italian, American, or Mexican with some twist on the menu. For that, the choices were not overwhelming in their abundance. The food quality ranged from good to very good, overall very satisfying. The location of the restaurant makes it out of the way and a bit difficult to reach without having a particularly spectacular view.Special Features:
- Great place,great food! SadlyKarenKVIPDined on 9/8/2012Great place,great food! Sadly the location is a little off, close to two towns but in the middle.I hope it makes it.Special Features:
- The food was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/2/2012The food was good and the staff were pleasant. The restaurant itself is very large inside and overly quiet, which felt a bit awkward. Some background music would go a long way!!
- Close by my home in Hillsborough.chuckDined on 8/25/2012Close by my home in Hillsborough. Excellent food, great server and wonderful ambiance. I will come back most deffinitely! Just what the area needs, a great reataurant. PS fair pricesSpecial Features:
- The food is very good, freshstrawberryVIPDined on 8/11/2012The food is very good, fresh ingredients, well made and well presented with a good variety. I loved the special, red snapper anyway you like. The chef gave special attention to preparing the fish exactly the way I wanted and checking to make sure it was to my liking. Service was excellent. However, we really come for the live jazz although posting whi is appearing would help tremendously as we only come when a friend e-mails he will perform there.Special Features:
- Step up the Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2012Love the Decor..the outside Patio.. I had dinner at Tusk on time pior to this visit and love it. So I took some friends for lunch, with high hopes. ... no bartender,the manager made our drinks, spicy bloody Mary ....food just Ok. The cook came out of the kitchen and disiplined a member of his staff. It felt like they where not prepared for us to be at the resturant so early in the day. Our food came out at different times, some orders where dupilcated and the burgers.. we sent them back.. where's the Beef? Might be better to visit at night. It's a shame beacause I love the feel of the place.Special Features:
- No server for 25 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/28/2012We were seated at 7:00 pm, and no server came by for a full 25 minutes. We asked 2 hostesses to send us our waiter. Finally a waitress took it upon herself to ask if we were being helped, and she was great. However the food was just OK. We were not offered any compensation for the delay, and frankly since we won't be going back, that's just as well. Not worth the trip for us. Bar area is pretty OK though, and it's close to work, so will probably be back there.
- Serivce PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2012The restaurant is a beautiful place and the food was good but the service was so bad it ruined everything that could be good about the place. The staff was immature and did not give you a feeling of anything special at all. There is better service and professionalism at Wendy's then here. The drinks were very poorly made. I have never seen a cucumber Mojito with whole huge slices or cucumber in it. We were there for a late evening dinner and the place was slow and the workers were looking to get some work completed but pulling every chair out around a section of tables on one side and sweeping around while trying to eat was a little much. Its a shame with how pretty the place is and the food was good.
- Great place to eat!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2012Our waiter Timothy Roselle was fantastic. The food was fantastic. Eating outside was great and quiet. Everything was great. Definitely will come back again.Special Features:
- I've been to this RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012I've been to this Restaurant several Times and both times the food was excellent and the service was good. The main room being very large lacks warmth the noice level is a bit loud. Because the place is so large it has and empty feeling to it even though the decor is beautiful. It would be nice to have music! I would recommend this place for a nice evening outSpecial Features:
- Great Food and Service. WeJoe52VIPDined on 7/21/2012Great Food and Service. We will return. Impressed by the Chef stopping by a couple of times right after the appetiser and main course to check on how we liked them.Special Features:
- Went on a Friday night forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/20/2012Went on a Friday night for a 7pm RSVP. It's pretty much near nothing, so it's a little deserted. Helpful waiter had informed us of the "hit or miss" crowd when it comes to weekends depending upon the entertainment. Nicely done, large, diverse building as it has the dinner area, an upscale bar, and then what looks like a darker banquet/dance area.
- Great experience from beginningOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/7/2012Great experience from beginning to end. Extensive menu, great service and a visit fro the chef made our dining experience great. We will definitely return.
- Loved the music, loved the food.RachelDined on 6/30/2012My friend and I found this place quite by accident but were thrilled with our discovery. There was live jazz Saturday night, but the music wasn't so loud that it inhibited conversation. The server was nice enough to split our appetizer salad for us (beets and goat cheese with orange vinaigrette, yummy!) and my friend had the seared tuna which was excellent, I had shrimp pad thai, very tasty. The chef came over to chat, and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Creative cuisine, classy yet casualOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/30/2012We dined at Tusk with another couple on a recent Saturday night--our suggestion, as we had eaten there before. Happy to report that our friends were impressed with our recommendation and we all enjoyed our Tusk experience! Everything from the classy decor with its slightly Asian, slightly rustic vibe to its sleek but comfortable bar to its interesting menu and high-quality food make Tusk a great dinner, lunch, or happy hour choice for those in search of relaxed, non-chain-restaurant venues. Saturday night's jazz ensemble was low-key enough not to disrupt dinner conversation and a lovely enhancement to the ambiance. It was our server's first night on the job, but her charm and eagerness to please far outweighed the few hiccups in serviceSpecial Features:
- Food here is outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/30/2012Food here is outstanding! Love ths place. The chef stopping by our table was delightful and really "made our evening".Special Features:
- Great place - good selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/25/2012Great place - good selection of Sushi - very high quality interior of the restaurant - very welcoming.Special Features:
- We had a lovely outdoor brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2012We had a lovely outdoor brunch on a Sunday, and we'll do it again.Special Features:
- Incredible food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2012This was my first time to Tusk, having seen its very large edifice being built over time. The owner clearly has grand ambitions given the sheer size of the place, but the parking lot and dining room were 2/3 empty. That's surely not due to the food, which was incredible (and I eat out mostly). The calamari and spare ribs appetizers were just amazing and stand out from any one of a dozen similar appetizers you can get anywhere serving such staples. My short rib entree with blue cheese was mouth watering. What's wrong with Tusk is what everyone else here is saying - the lackadaisical, unorganized service. Forgotten orders, long waits, mis-timing of the food so that some eat and some wait. The owner needs to start over and hire a pro manager.