203 Harrison Street
Leesburg, VA 20175Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tuskies.com/
- Phone: 7034781141
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm; Café: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Vegetarian / Vegan
- Executive Chef: Patrick Dinh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From corporate lunch to formal wedding, Tuscarora Mill offers personalized menus & professional service.
- Cross Street: Loudoun & Harrison
- Public Transit: Loudoun Transit stops at Harrison & Loudoun
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking is available in 3 separate lots. One lot is located at the corner of Harrison & Loudoun Streets; a second larger lot is located on Harrison Street & South Streets; and a third lot with handicap access into the restaurant is located on Harrison Street.
A word from Tuscarora Mill
Tuscarora Mill, the cornerstone of Market Station, has been serving fine food & wine to its guests since 1985. Originally an operating grain mill, Tuscarora Mill has maintained the rustic interior & charm of the mill. Chef Patrick Dinh’s seasonal menus use the freshest of local produce. Signature dishes include Sesame Roasted Salmon, Roasted Lamb Chops & Portuguese-style Rockfish. To compliment the menu, Tuscarora Mill has an impressive wine list, winner of the Wine Spectacular Award of Excellence for the past 10 years. The in-house bakery, SouthStreet Under, prepares savory breads & decadent desserts daily. Affectionately known to the locals as Tuskie’s, this finer eatery also sports a relaxing bar, serving 22 beers on tap & a café menu. Whether it is a romantic dinner, a casual lunch or a corporate function, Tuscarora Mill will surely exceed your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Tuscarora Mill - Best Restaurants in Leesburg ›
Tuscarora Mill reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (155)fit for foodies (109)romantic (97)neighborhood gem (95)great for lunch (63)good for groups (51)notable wine list (48)great for brunch (46)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (9)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Leesburg GemShrimpDined on 8/29/2014Excellent food, beautiful setting, and a real local gem! I always love return visits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableBarbaraVIPDined on 8/28/2014We were a group of five; for most, it was their first visit. We were seated comfortably at a round table, which I really appreciate for larger groups like ours, since it makes it easier to involve everyone in the conversation. The food was very good--we particularly enjoyed the fried green tomatoes, the shrimp and grits and the pasta with chicken. My duck could have been more tender and more flavorful, but the bed of butternut squash dumplings (more like gnocchi) made up for it. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Always LovelyLindaDined on 8/24/2014Beautiful setting and changing menu make this a great spot for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SJPNyackerDined on 8/24/2014Four of us (and a four month old) had a Sunday brunch, three us indulged in the buffet which had great variety and quality and we can highly recommend. The staff were efficient and friendly despite the fact that the restaurant was very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed everything about our dinner here. So inventive but unpretentious selections. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- MixedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent trout and service. However odd placement of tables in a hallway that was very loud (so much that my husband an I couldn't hear eachother) from the adjoining dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner @ TuskiesCromskidDined on 8/23/2014We're pretty much regulars as this is my wife's favorite restaurant, so naturally it was perfect for her birthday. The food and service were excellent as always and they have a very good wine and beer selection. We also frequent their monthly "Beer Dinners" where we get to see Chef Patrick's creativity. Highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly Disappointedjob31Dined on 8/23/2014First time at the restaurant, we're disappointed at the serving size of our meals. However the shrimp and grits, and the duck with dumplings were very good. Would not rule out a return, because we would like to try other items from menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014What a lovely dinner with my wife and mom. Great food and extra friendly service. Looking forward to the next visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated AnniversaryWaldenPHDDined on 8/21/2014Great food and place to celebrate anniversary. Butterscotch bread pudding was excellent and they have other great deserts! They also personalized our menus to say Happy 15th Anniversary and gave us a gift. We met some other great diners. Friendly atmosphere even if you are not a local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014First, Had a 730p reservation on a Thursday night. Got there and had to wait an additional 20 minutes to get a table. The waitress was so horrible that I asked the girl that bused the tables to be my waitress. At least she was friendly and had a personality. It's pretty bad when you have to get up and ask for service at a so called "fine dining" restaurant. At a true fine dining restaurant, if you so much as blink wrong the wait staff is over at your table asking if there is anything they can do. If you ever go into a restaurant and the first thing you see is all the Zagot awards hanging everywhere trying to convince you that it's a nice restaurant that is pretty much a clue that that you should immediately walk out!!!
- Great food, questionable serviceDamanda89Dined on 8/18/2014We have been hearing about this restaurant for 13 years. We finally went two nights ago for our wedding anniversary when we usually drive into DC. The food was amazing (two serious foodies here) but the service was definitely lacking. Half the tables had linens, half did not. Our table did not - we felt like second class citizens. The server forget to provide the wine list, that we had already ordered, and provided a bill that was 80 dollars over what we had actually ordered. Would I give Tuscarora Mills another chance? Yes, because the food was wonderful. But if the next visit (even if it is a drink at the bar) does not have perfect service that will be the last visit we ever make.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and foodbrerardDined on 8/17/2014This is a great place for a special occasion. The atmosphere is charming, the service is excellent, the menu is intriguing, and the food is very good.Special Features:
- TuskiesflobowcavsVIPDined on 8/17/2014Went to Tuskies with wife for our anniversary. Based on reviews was expecting more. Started with "small plates" of crispy oysters and chicken & shrimp spring rolls. Oysters were over battered and spring rolls, which came with sweet chili sauce had no sweetness nor any fire with the chili. Our entrees were veal scaloppini and "New Orleans" trout with crab. No seasoning on the veal. I have been to New Orleans many times. The seasoning on the trout did not make me think of NOLA. We shared a peach cobbler which came out lukewarm. Spacing between all the dishes was poor. Waitress seemed more interested in conversing with a couple getting married in North Carolina than waiting on us. Nice place but not worth the trek out to Leesburg.
- Leesburg GemMiamiMomVIPDined on 8/10/2014We were traveling from Mercersburg, Pennsylvania to Dulles Airport and wanted to have a nice relaxing dinner before flying home to Chicago. Tuscarora Mill was a great choice. I looked on Open Table first for Leesburg restaurants, because I have found from experience if a restaurant is on Open Table you won't be disappointed. I read their reviews, and then went to Trip Advisor (another good source for restaurant info) to read their reviews. Both sites highly recommended Tuscarora Mill. The salads and main courses were excellent. My husband had the a beet/goat cheese salad and the veal scaloppini, I ordered the caesar salad and the smoked chicken penne pasta, which was especially good. The only disappointment was the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomebdaydinnerDined on 8/9/2014It was our first time at Tuscarora MIll. The food was GREAT and I highly recommend it. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinner for birthday!ChristyDined on 8/8/2014Our first visit was for my husband'a birthday. It was a perfect night out with amazing food!! We are very picky foodies and Tuscarora did not disappoint!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th anniversary dinnerLoudounDinerDined on 8/5/2014Five of us enjoyed a small celebration at Tuskie's. I mentioned on the reservation that the dinner was in honor of our 30th wedding anniversary. The chef sent out a taster of some kind of chicken ginger roll to our table, which my family said was delicious. My mother, a well-traveled foodie, said everything was excellent and enjoyed the meal very much. My adult daughters enjoyed the option of ordering smaller portions of their plates. The service was superb: timely, respectful of the conversation, and every detail remembered, such as bringing extra cutlery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscarora MillRvoce88Dined on 8/4/2014The food was exceptional and the staff attentive and friendly!Special Features:
- Fantastic placez678558Dined on 8/3/2014Most impressive service and food I have seen in a long time.Special Features:
- Great place to treat yourselfOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Terrific place. Wait staff was courteous, knowledgeable, and very helpful. They have separate rooms if you have a large group reservation. The menu had a good variety in the selections, and the food had great quality and presentation.Special Features:
- Always outstanding!!countryboyDined on 8/2/2014TM never misses the mark. They are always changing up the menu and keeping it new and exciting. The incorporation of local farm fresh ingredients is awesome. Wine list is perfect. Great experience all around. If you read a bad review about this restaurant, ignore it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureFrankjaDined on 8/2/2014This weekend marked our 6th anniversary. Our reception was at Tuskies, and we have made it our annual tradition to return. We have never been disappointed, and highly recommend Tuskies to anyone looking for a place for a special occasion, or even just a random night out. See you next year, Tuskies! (And sooner!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstand food and serviceadamsfourDined on 8/2/2014My experience at Tuscarora Mill was outstanding. Outstanding food, Outstanding service, outstanding experience. Would 100 percent recommend for anyone looking for a first class meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food bad experiencemfrankVIPDined on 8/1/2014We ordered soup and salad for appetizers. No spoon was brought to us for the soup and we had to wait for about 5 minutes before we got one. Then once our entrees arrived, they brought me the completely wrong entree. It seems the waitress had put the entree in the system wrong resulting in the error. As a result, my correct food did not come out until about 15 minutes after my husbands entree. At this point he was completely done eating. Barely any apology was given for this error nor was a discount offered for the mistake. We will not be going back. The food was good but not exceptional and this combined with the service doesn't make it worth the cost.
- JerryinPFJerryinpfDined on 8/1/2014Tuskies has adopted a new format but has kept up the quality of its dishes. With their new small plate, medium plate, entree approach you can explore multiple cuisines, ingredients and quantities. The wine list is still solid and food preparation remains a solid strength. Long term patrons will find the new twist a refreshing change.Special Features:
- Loved this place!JillDined on 7/26/2014I celebrated my birthday with my adult children and we all had a great time and a great meal. I won't spoil the surprise in case you decide to do this, but after booking on Open Table, my son altered the booking to include the fact that it was my birthday. Sometimes you regret that, but not this time. From the cocktails to the dessert, one of the best meals we've had together.Special Features:
- Much better than expected...Dine4funDined on 7/26/2014I brought my wife to Tuscorara Mill as a surprise evening out to a place she had never been. We were both impressed with the entire experience, the food was incredible, the portions were just right, the service fantastic. I had the pork ribeye and it was cooked as requested (medium), the flavor was savory. My wife ordered the rainbow trout and it disappeared from her plate quickly. We both decided this was a do-over and would be a nice place to bring out of town guests for a beautiful evening on the town.Special Features:
- Nice place for a lunchcmiddl01Dined on 7/26/2014My girlfriends and I met there on Saturday afternoon for a nice lunch and to catch up. The food was very tasty and by tasty, I mean our plates were CLEAN when the server took them back. Service was prompt and our server was very nice and polite.Special Features:
- Great find!DeliciousDined on 7/26/2014Lunch was delicious. Recommend the corn chowder, loaded with vegetables. The sandwiches were hardy portions and the fires nice and crispy. The mini desserts were just perfect for a few bites after our meal, today was basil orange cake. Service was swift and efficient. I glad we came. Looking forward to coming back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nicerestonDined on 7/26/2014pleasant location, great food, lots of parking. good place in LeesburgSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to table findRobbierDined on 7/25/2014Tuscarora Mill is situated in Leesburg VA amongst several lively eating spots. Their food is extremely well prepared, although the appetizers are small in size.... Our meal was excellent from start to finish. We were seated promptly and served efficiently...although we had to ask for several items.... and thus.. no excellent for service. All in all... a very good meal.Special Features:
- Delicious meal out!mrclibertyDined on 7/25/2014With ample parking, reservations, nice atmosphere and wonderful food, Tuscarora Mill Restaurant is a great night out for a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town guestsTuskyfanDined on 7/24/2014We had an out of town guest and chose Tuscarora Mill to have lunch. We chose it because there is absolutely no doubt that the food, the service, and the ambience would all be perfect. It is a neighborhood gem that everyone in Leesburg can be proud of and it is always a pleasure to dine there and we are proud and happy to bring all of our out of town guests also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscarora MillAnnelieseDined on 7/24/2014very nice atmosphere- had requested a table in a quiet area. Everyone in our little group enjoyed their selection of food whether fish, soup or pasta. I made the wrong choice -- would have loved more "ceviche" and less green leaves as I had also ordered a salad.Special Features:
- Our go-to fine dining spot2docs2dineDined on 7/22/2014Once again Tuskie's did not disappoint. Hosted 2 business clients to dinner and our dinners were, as usual, top notch. We each had a different main dish, salad and dessert and each of us remarked on the flavor and quality of dinner. You just cannot go wrong at Tuscarora Mills--Kevin Malone runs a great dining spot.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchHoos59Dined on 7/20/2014The Sunday brunch offers food selection that would satisfy those who like breakfast and/or lunch. Well prepared and preseted.Special Features:
- Perfect for that Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014I took my parents here for brunch to celebrate my father's birthday. I had let them know it was a birthday celebration when I made the reservation, and they printed special menus for us that said Happy Birthday Dad on the top. This was an unexpected and lovely surprise. We all got the breakfast buffet, which was delicious! There was a wonderful assortment of options including french toast, breakfast meats, grilled vegtables, salmon, fruit, omlettes, and much more. I highly recommend the french toast. My parents raved about the brunch for days. I will definitelybe going back soon.Special Features:
- fungrammyDined on 7/19/2014Met with out of town family and had a nice lunch, let us stay to talk as long as we wanted, good service and good food. My guests complimented me on my choice of restaurants.Special Features:
- A favorite local restaurantOrangeDined on 7/18/2014The menu is varied, food good and well prepared, service is also good, the staff most accommodating, and the setting enjoyable. We had friends in from out of town the other evening and naturally went to Tuscarora. Tuscarora Mill is one of our favorite local restaurants. Thanks for another nice outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.